The POWER of the Dark Side

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stefan Kojic
In Return of the Jedi, we see Vader telling Luke how he doesn't know the power of the Dark Side and how he must obey his master. In addition to his jelousy of Obi-Wan, I think he was afraid of dying when he realizes how powerfull is Palpatine in ROTS. That scene may well be the scene when he confronts him( discussed in my previous thread)...

smoker4
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/smoker4/lil-jonblinging.png

DenKi
When Who confronts who?? :/

Stefan Kojic
Addition: If it is true he goes to tell Mace about Palps true identity, he might do it out of fear, so when he walks in and finds Kit Fisto and the others dead, he loses hope of staying on the light side( mainly because he fears of Padmes death).

"Fear is to anger, anger is to hate, HATE is to seperate"- Yoda

smoker4
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y88/smoker4/lil-jonblinging.png

Stefan Kojic
Anie confronts Palps

Malic Clanorian
hate is to seperate? huh?

J-Unit
When I Saw That Pic Of Anakin Pointing His Lightsaber Against Palps Ohh That Reminded Me Of When Vader Points The Saber Against Luke In ROTJ When Vader Talks About Lukes New Saber

Sith Master X
I hate to say this, and maybe I'm wrong, but I accidently came across that pic in a thread where it shouldn't have been posted (if it's real) and it look entirely fake to me. Again, maybe I'm wrong, and I probably am, but it just looked really photoshoped.

J-Unit
Yeag the lightsaber Looked fake i have to agree with u Lord X But its real

ArthasKnight
What pic are we talking about here?

J-Unit
That One When Anakin Points The Lightsaber Against Palpatines Back

ArthasKnight
Is it in a thread or do you have a link to it or what?

J-Unit
its in the finished shots thread it wont be long to find it its was posted a few days ago

ArthasKnight
K, thanks.

DenKi
Palps Tells Anakin who he really is then anakin lights his Saber up, But Palps tells anakin about the Dark side of the Force(In the Trailer)

Morridini
Originally posted by Stefan Kojic
"Fear is to anger, anger is to hate, HATE is to seperate"- Yoda

Um, suffering perhaps?
Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Mist
this thread....is stupid..
theres too many different questions and crap floating around here and im not following what the point of it is....

Darth_Nefarus
Hate is to seperate? WTF
That makes no sense, did we watch the same movie?
I understand if you didn't have the volume up enough or just heard wrong, but come on, by now you should have known what Yoda said.

LanİeWindu™
"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate....leads to suffering."

mephistodesigns
what is all this about Anakn pointing a saber at Palps? he's in the room when Mace and them come in! I saw it in the finished shots thread, the camera is at about where the window is, Palps is in his chair, looking out the window, Anakin is standing next to him, also looking out the window. Mace, Kit, Saesee, and Agen are all coming down the hall behind them. Doesn't Anakin already know about Palps in this scene? especially since Palps is still "young" looking when he tells Anakin of the Dark Side in the trailer? and After the Mace fight he looks "old" so how could he tell Anakin about the dark side AFTERWORDs?

DeVi| D0do
that shot was taken before the scene was rewritten... Anakin doesn't enter till later

mephistodesigns
oooooookay. damn editing! makes me all confused! laughing

Stefan Kojic
If you need to see the pic we're discussing then go to my previous thread named "Possible duel-Anie vs palp", i apologize for the Yoda quote, it is "leads to suffering"( its from " The Phantom Menace" during Anakins test). There is a spoiler in witch it is said that when Anie learns of Palpatines secret, he goes to tell Mace. When Palpatine is saying the quotes from the trailer, i think he somehow shows Anakin the power of the Dark Side. But Anakin still wants to stay on the light side so he tells Mace about Sidious. When he enters in the middle of the fight between Mace & Sidious, i think he loses hope of helping the Jedi if he and Padme were to survive. He was AFRAID of Sidious, but sure, he wanted to have a Star Destroyer. Palpatine isn't old, he is severly injured during his fight with Mace( correct me if I'm wrong). Though D0do kinda proves this idea wrong...

"If you can't beat them, join them!"

DenKi
Mace owns Palps in this match read the official script

RixDarkerSide
Originally posted by Stefan Kojic
But Anakin still wants to stay on the light side so he tells Mace about Sidious. ... Palpatine isn't old, he is severly injured during his fight with Mace( correct me if I'm wrong).

Ok, you're wrong ...

cool Anakin goes to Mace because he still can't believe that Palpatine is EVIL ... light/dark, it's just where the meat is on the bird. He expects Mace to go talk to Palpatine, perhaps even arrest him ... but Mace is going headhunting with no discussion or warning and somehow Anakin can't keep believing the Light is better when they use the same methods ... one of the final straws being burnt inside him. That Lord Darth Sidious is also the only possible source of the way to keep Padme alive (which defines GOOD for Anakin as nothing else can), the next conclusion is that it is evil to kill him ... and all of a sudden the Jedi aren't on the side of the angels anymore.

evil face As for the Emperor's skin condition, you just can't play with force lightning after a facelift ... things just melt and run all over ... but that happened while he was trying to squish that little green freak ... I mean, Master Yoda. Happy Dance

Darth Blender

RixDarkerSide
Cool! Dissention!

Not just as traitors, but unreasoning zealots who were in opposition over, um, religious differences. He has no idea how much Padme has become the fulcrum of his perceptions ... but he has Palpatine's promise of the knowledge to save her, and the Jedi's barring him from the archives. The Jedi don't flip over to being seen as evil by Anakin until they threaten that promise ... after all, can't get the information from Palpatine's severed head (or can you? .... hmmm) ... they leave him in turmoil, he contrasts they way the two sides interact with him, he runs out of options for what he needs to live ... and Palpatine's message comes, telling him that there is no more time for thought, that he will be destroyed <yeah, right> ...

It's like flipping a switch ... mildly off topic, it does follow a line of thought which has just been popularized in a book by Malcolm Gladwell, called "The Tipping Point" ... how forces and tendencies can accumulate to a point where an abrupt reversal occurs.

Palpatine calls the dark side in and around him during the fight with Mace ... but, I concede, the damage did start then ... the fight with Yoda just finished the Chancellor's destruction and the creation of the Emperor.

ShadowKing
Back on topic:

Is DS's dark side power increased with the death of each Jedi? Like a force sucking vamp?

Ogami Itto
no! mad

Darth Blender

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.