Inferno; Mission 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

laydiiplayette
If you have not read my recent post on The Inferno thread, please go and read it.

Arsenal
I'm thinking ScarletSpider-The Challenger

Scoobless
i think the other team pick which character goes into the match for us

Arsenal
Ah.

cray z 4 sarah
ok just to let pplknow m gonna be changing my user name to life iz cruell or something similar so .... ill still be playin just know its me

laydiiplayette
You choose your own team leader. The other team chooses AFTER this mission, for the inferno battle.

laydiiplayette
This first mission is an easy one. You must split into two separate teams. A and B. The A team must do battle with the opposing team's A team. The B team must calm down panicking citizen and riots, non-violently. First state your team leaders, then state your A and B teams, then state your stategy.

Khellendros
I'm nominating myself as team leader for the Badasses on this mission. Badasses, I NEED those AIM names so we can start talking strategy without hundreds of PMs flying around.

SnakeEyes
Do not have AIM! You will have to PM

long pig
AIM= hairyparaballs

long pig
i wonder who Deathstroke is going up against?!
im all giddy!
batman?? theyve fought, Bats lost! ahh im giddy!

Scoobless
are any or all of you on MSN messenger?

Khellendros
Team A:
Deathstroke
Spider Woman
Wolverine
Lady Deathstrike
Nightcrawler

Team B:
Black Panther
Midnighter
Punisher
Beast
Black Cat

Here's my first suggestion for the division of our team, Badasses. Sound off with yay or nay, and suggestions on who to swap if you say nay.

Lord-of-Dreams
Thats the team. Yay.
And I am the captain. I thought we already established that. Sorry.

Scoobless

stormfront13
yes for the badasses- and i nominte kellhendros for the leader thing cause he's the one who sent ths pm's ( i think)

cray z 4 sarah
hey he never sent me anything infact no one did i had to ask lord of dreams for the info and he was the only one nice enough to send me some info as for team strategy i aint got no but i dont have a problem with him being leader

Scoobless
i would possibly swap Cyclops with Moon Knight on my earlier list

Kento

Lord-of-Dreams
Everyone get MSN. It's free and I already have it (lol). And I said that I was captain earlier, I also tried to open the table to debate, but noone did. So as far as I'm concerned, I am leader. But if you want to debate so late (something seriously tried to prevent) we'll have a private vote.

pr1983
Imo... Challenger and Batman are too alike... one needs to go to Calmers imo, maybe change for Psylocke or Black Canary...

Khellendros
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
Thats the team. Yay.
And I am the captain. I thought we already established that. Sorry.
You are the captain of the Badasses, but each mission needs a new leader. I nominated myself for this one, and no one argued and one person (stormfront) agreed.

Cray z, if I have your AIM name and will get you and anyone else on aim into a chat.

laydiiplayette
Okay, your lists, leaders, and strategies will be due in roughly 1.5-2 hours.

Khellendros
Also, I CAN'T get on MSN. I don't know why, but every time I try and install it it gives me an error.

Scoobless
i have to know something...... is Psylocke allowed her TK in this mission?

laydiiplayette
Yeah. Actually, I have made an adjustment, so that it will be more even. Psylocke now has her Telepathy and her Telekinesis.

Khellendros
Also need to know which ring Temugin is bringing to the fight.

Scoobless
we'll let you know about the ring during the scenario

pr1983
Originally posted by Scoobless

Sneaky...

Lord-of-Dreams
I can't get MSN either. But I use 'web messanger'. Just go to the site and search it up. It should be the first hit.
I didn't realise that you meant that you wanted to be the leader of this mission. Sorry lol!! Yea, you are good. big grin

GalacticStorm
I think nightcrawler should swap with midnighter. Midnighters way too powerful to be used only for crowd control

Khellendros
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I think nightcrawler should swap with midnighter. Midnighters way too powerful to be used only for crowd control
...You're right. Midnighter would probably be better as a fighter, and still allow us to have a teleporter (sorta) on the combat team. OKay, the new list is this Paola:

Team A:
Deathstroke
Spider Woman
Wolverine
Lady Deathstrike
Midnighter

Team B:
Black Panther
Nightcrawler
Punisher
Beast
Black Cat

EDIT:I'm stupid.

cray z 4 sarah
wait so badasses have we established a way of communication?
msn sounds good to me who has it?

Khellendros
Originally posted by cray z 4 sarah
wait so badasses have we established a way of communication?
msn sounds good to me who has it?
I don't yet, but I'm about to look into that thing Lord was talking about.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Scoobless

actually we haven't decided yet..... lol

cray z 4 sarah
wait if psylockes abilities are allowed thenn why are black cats off limits?

Scoobless
when do we have to post our final teams?

pr1983
Aren't all powers allowed?

And is there prep time?

laydiiplayette
Originally posted by cray z 4 sarah
wait if psylockes abilities are allowed thenn why are black cats off limits?

I told you... I run probability tests for missions that are undecided. If her powers are allowed, it would screw it all up. Besides, I allowed it, because i didn't really read over what Spiderwoman could do, and since she has telepathy, and can fly, i am allowing psylocke to. At first, I thought that she was just a female spiderman.

laydiiplayette
there is an hour of prep time. Your final teams, leader, and strategies must be posted at 6:00 pacific time. that is in about 44 minutes.

pr1983
Originally posted by laydiiplayette
there is an hour of prep time. Your final teams, leader, and strategies must be posted at 6:00 pacific time. that is in about 44 minutes.

In this hour of prep do they know each others abilities?

Va N E L L A 13
what?

laydiiplayette
If they can find the information...

Khellendros
Okay, I'm on web messenger. Lord, add me soon as you can. Long pig, if you're out there get on AIM, you said you'd done a lot of research on feats so I'd like to have your input for strategy. Any Badasses out there who have AIM and have PMed me their names, get on. I'm gonna start typing up a strategy since time is getting short, but I'd like to run it by as many team members as I can.

pr1983
If they can find the information...

so thats a no...

Va N E L L A 13
why is it a no? Use the internet?

laydiiplayette
Well, fine. Here, in the show they live in the same house, so i guess if all of these people lived in the same house, they would know each other's powers. So yes, they do know each other's powers.

pr1983
Originally posted by Va N E L L A 13
why is it a no? Use the internet?

No, as in deathstroke wont know cyclops' abilities and so on...

edit: ah hell...

Khellendros
Well, fine. Here, in the show they live in the same house, so i guess if all of these people lived in the same house, they would know each other's powers. So yes, they do know each other's powers.
Okay, then we HAVE to know what ring Temugin is bringing to the fight before making a strategy, since it would be easy for another housemate to find out.

pr1983
please disregard this post

Va N E L L A 13
Originally posted by Khellendros
Okay, then we HAVE to know what ring Temugin is bringing to the fight before making a strategy, since it would be easy for another housemate to find out.

No you don't. Temugin can just bring all of his rings with him, and only use one.

stormfront13
khellendros i have been on AIM and i got nothin and i've been on a while- so just send me a stragety whenever

laydiiplayette
All Strategies must be posted within the next 2 minutes, or else a penalty will be administered.

ScarletSpider
Since information is somewhat limited as to the Challenger, I'll provide a bit more to anyone interested. For the missions, I'm just going to lay down his basic weapons, for swords: a Gladius, French Rapier with Dirk and a Khukuri.

For guns: the German Kar 98k with scope, and Colt .45

Other specs: carries shurikens and frag grenades. Has bullet proof costumes

Though I'm a 'calmer' for the first bit it seems.

pr1983
I've (pr1983) been chosen as leader for this event...

Fighters:
Batman
Taskmaster
Black Canary
Temugin (impact beam)
Cyclops

ok, Canary screams full force to the entire badass team, this hurts all but especially wolverine because of his hightened senses

Cyclops follows up with a full force smack down to midnighter when he is distracted/hurt from canary

simultaneously, Tasmaster shoots deathstroke (who is in the same situation as midnighter ie hurt and confused)

Batman throws batarang with wire to tie up spiderwoman and multiple more batarangs and a gas to knock her out

Temugin takes out deathstrike with his impact ring easily

wolverine starts to get back up but cyc and temugin use their force beams to knock the crap out of him and deathstroke..... who i imagine wasn't fatally wounded by the gunfire

Calmers:
Nightwing
Moon Knight
Miho
The Challenger
Psylocke

Psylocke uses telepathy to calm the crowd while the reast of the team just act nice and soothing towards them........ Moon Knight can pay them to shut up if he has to (he's loaded)

laydiiplayette
30 seconds.

laydiiplayette
time is up..., man I gave you 3 extra minutes, and still.

cray z 4 sarah
one more second please our team is putting the finishing touches on our plan

laydiiplayette
well, you see the problem with that is that you may have looked at the other team's strategy and changed yours to counteract it.

laydiiplayette
which is actually kinda stupid, because you can do that anyways, in your later debate.

cray z 4 sarah
i was about to say

laydiiplayette
Okay, I see what is happening. I apologize for the rushed input time. For all further missions, I will allow each team 20 minutes, to PM their strategy to me. It will be easier that way. My apologies. But this one is still the same. Badasses, you have receive a penalty card. Choose 1, 2 , or 3.

Khellendros
Yeah, well, I was trying desperately to get people on AIM.

I'm the leader. our teams are:
Team A:
Black Panther
Spider Woman
Wolverine
Deathstroke
Midnighter
Team B:
Lady Deathstrike
Nightcrawler
Punisher
Beast
Black Cat

As soon as Canary inhales, the fighters scatter. Spiderwoman takes to the air with Black Panther while the rest just get to cover. Midnighter, clouding the minds of Cyke and Canary, takes them down with shuriken without being seen. Black Panther, with his impact absorbing armor takes on Temugin with Spiderwoman helping with telepathy and psychic webs to hinder his ring use and fighting.

Wolverine can take Moon Knight, since the guy has nothing that can overcome his healing factor. Deathstroke can easily take Taskmaster, since he can do anything Tasky does, but faster and with a healing factor.

In crowd control, Beast, Nightcrawler and Deathstrike take care of rioters by basically scaring them away while Black Cat and Punisher keep everyone else calm and moving away from the battlefield.

------
I think we need a set rule that we need teams and Temugins ring choice turned in before we have to start making a strategy. I really don't wanna look like a f*cking idiot writing a strategy against a team who doesn't even exist anymore.

pr1983
Y
I think we need a set rule that we need teams and Temugins ring choice turned in before we have to start making a strategy. I really don't wanna look like a f*cking idiot writing a strategy against a team who doesn't even exist anymore.

i was thinking the same thing... i feel the same...

laydiiplayette
Yeah, well, I was trying desperately to get people on AIM.

I'm the leader. our teams are:
Team A:
Black Panther
Spider Woman
Wolverine
Deathstroke
Midnighter
Team B:
Lady Deathstrike
Nightcrawler
Punisher
Beast
Black Cat

As soon as Canary inhales, the fighters scatter. Spiderwoman takes to the air with Black Panther while the rest just get to cover. Midnighter, clouding the minds of Cyke and Canary, takes them down with shuriken without being seen. Black Panther, with his impact absorbing armor takes on Temugin with Spiderwoman helping with telepathy and psychic webs to hinder his ring use and fighting.

Wolverine can take Moon Knight, since the guy has nothing that can overcome his healing factor. Deathstroke can easily take Taskmaster, since he can do anything Tasky does, but faster and with a healing factor.

In crowd control, Beast, Nightcrawler and Deathstrike take care of rioters by basically scaring them away while Black Cat and Punisher keep everyone else calm and moving away from the battlefield.

------

I don't get what you mean by your last sentence. And, I think that the best thing to do is just make a strategy that can cope with all of the rings powers. Anyways, now that both strategies are in, start debating.

laydiiplayette
oh yeah, badasses, I almos forgot, what penalty number did your team choose?

ScarletSpider
Nevermind, hadn't refreshed the page so the previous message occupying this space held no cadence. Sorry.

Khellendros
I don't get what you mean by your last sentence. And, I think that the best thing to do is just make a strategy that can cope with all of the rings powers. Anyways, now that both strategies are in, start debating.
I was late because the strategy I started writing was against the team Good people posted way back when. Then I saw their real team, and had to change. And it's not possible to counteract all of his rings with a bunch of street levels. Unless you mean we have to right ten different strategies each mission. You are going to cripple us if you dont make it a rule that we know his ring beforehand.

ScarletSpider
It doesnt matter, my sick chemistry skills, that pay the billz, will ruin you anyways.

laydiiplayette
I was late because the strategy I started writing was against the team Good people posted way back when. Then I saw their real team, and had to change. And it's not possible to counteract all of his rings with a bunch of street levels. Unless you mean we have to right ten different strategies each mission. You are going to cripple us if you dont make it a rule that we know his ring beforehand.
So you are saying without that rule, you cannot win... What if the other team needs time up until the deadline to do it?

laydiiplayette
Okay. Sorry, its just me pmsing. Whatever, just work it out with the other team, ask them what they think, and come to some sort of compromise.

Khellendros
Oh. Uhh, the other Baddasses online and I voted, and we're gonna take card 3.
>_<

laydiiplayette
Darn, I don't get to use my uber cool #2. Well, anyways, the penalty isn't that bad. Just switch 2 members from each team. So one member from the calmers with one member of the fighters.

ScarletSpider
You should have made them breathe my noxious chemistry fumes.

laydiiplayette
whats with you can chemistry?

laydiiplayette
choose teammates to switch please.

Khellendros
Okay, we switch Punisher for Wolverine. Here's the changed strategy:

As soon as Canary inhales, the fighters scatter. Spiderwoman takes to the air with Black Panther while the rest just get to cover. Punisher sets up at a distance with his sniper rifle, wearing spare body armor from Black Panther. Midnighter, clouding the minds of Cyke and Canary, takes them down with shuriken without ever being seen. Black Panther, with his impact absorbing armor takes on Temugin with Punisher assisting with sniper fire.

Deathstroke can easily take Taskmaster, since he can do anything Tasky does, but faster and with a healing factor. Spiderwoman hangs out in the air, and eventually takes down Batman with a combination of psychic webs, bio blasts and telepathy.

In crowd control, Beast, Nightcrawler and Deathstrike take care of rioters by basically scaring them away while Black Cat and Wolverine keep everyone else calm and moving away from the battlefield.

ScarletSpider
I learned Chemistry in Tibet, despite the fact that Tibet has nothing at all to do with chemical studies.

Khellendros
Edited my last post because I somehow got the idea that Moon Knight was a fighter.

laydiiplayette
wait wait wait. yeesh. some people, so impatient. The fight teams meet and shake hands at the beginning of the fight. No fighting may occur until the handshake is done, all teammembers must be present.

cray z 4 sarah
what do you mean

Khellendros
wait wait wait. yeesh. some people, so impatient. The fight teams meet and shake hands at the beginning of the fight. No fighting may occur until the handshake is done, all teammembers must be present.
...Did you tell us this before now??

Kento
Does that mean that both strategies are void at the moment? 'Cept who's fighting, and who's on crowd control.

Va N E L L A 13
Well, if they fight immediately after then start, then punisher would not be able to set up a sniping station. I think that your crowd control strategy will have many flaws, because simply scaring the people won't stop the riots. There are gonna be alot of haters there, and they will simply call nightcrawler a freak, and keep rioting.

Khellendros
Well, if they fight immediately after then start, then punisher would not be able to set up a sniping station. I think that your crowd control strategy will have many flaws, because simply scaring the people won't stop the riots. There are gonna be alot of haters there, and they will simply call nightcrawler a freak, and keep rioting.
Meh, both strategies may be moot now.

EDIT: what kind of location are they fighting in anyways?

stormfront13
aren't they in a city??

laydiiplayette
urban setting.

ScarletSpider
Some more clarificity would be nice. There are various urban settings. New York, present day? 1920s New York, with lots of barren steel girder building skeletons to muck around on. Battle worn European city from the 40s? Snowy Moscow? Shitty Portland, ME?

Kento
Day or Night or Doesn't matter?

Khellendros
Also, do they fight the second after they shake hands, or do they get time to take up positions or what?

Kento
I think it be better to like shake hands, then get like so many minutes to be able to set up traps, and what not in a certain part of an area.

laydiiplayette
Uh... How about, San Francisco. Thats an urban settting. And it will probably take place during the afternoon/late afternoon. Fighting is allowed right after they shake hands.

laydiiplayette
They can set up traps or whatever, but other people are still allowed to start fighting right after the hands are shaken.

Kento
Okay then

Va N E L L A 13
Okay, how about Temugin shakes hands with Black Panther, and after the shake, he doesn't let go of his hand, and holds then so that he can't move. He then blasts all of the other enemies with his impact ring, and since none of the others have an impact absorbing armor, they are thrown back. Then Canary screams to stun all of the ones pushed back. The other teammates rush to take down the enemies that get up. Canary stays to take on Black Panther, while Temugin uses the impact ring to propel himself over to spiderwoman, to fight her. While in the air, Temugin fires a couple blasts at Spiderwoman. They then duke it out. The way I see it is that at least one person will be taken out after the scream and the blast, so one of the good guys that is not occupied, goes to assist either black canary or temugin, whichever is having the most trouble.

Khellendros
Yeah, well, here's my strategy.

As soon as the teams shake, Punisher drops smoke bombs, while Spiderwoman augments Midnighter's ability to cloud minds. Being essentially invisible, the Badass team scatters, with Punisher, wearing spare body armor from Black Panther, opens fire with an M-60 while backing away, taking out Cyke and winging Taskmaster. During the initial confusion of being blinded, mind clouded and fired at, Midnighter takes Canary out up close while Deathstroke puts a wounded Taskmaster out of his misery.

Black Panther and Midnighter take on Temugin, while Spiderwoman and Punisher take out Bats from a distance with sniper fire, bio blasts and psychic webs.

Out in the crowd, Beast, Lady Deathstrike and Nightcrawler stop rioting by a combination of of intimidation and nerve pinches to the side of the neck (it may be BS in real life, but it's a valid comic trick that man Xmen have used). Since the nerve pinches only cause the person being pinched to pass out, and aren't violent, they aren't breaking any rules. Meanwhile, Black Cat and Wolverine help people fleeing do so safely.

stormfront13
wouldn't black panther still be able to move?? i mean wouldn't he still have function over his legs- and the same can be said for canary, the person that shakes her hand doesn't let go and hits her w/ all the got. and whoever shakes spider-womans hand she can just shoot venom out her hand causing the enemy extreme pain

Va N E L L A 13
What do you mean non violent. First of all pinching causes pain. Isn't that violence? Second, I am pretty sure that the x-men wear an extremely high grade of bullet proof clothes, so I doubt Cyclops will be taken out that easily. What is Black Panther going to do to escape is Temugin is still grasping his hand. When the smoke is up, Canary will turn away, inhale, and then scream in the direction of the badasses. This will not only hurt the stragglers, but will push the smoke away. Cyclops and Temugin will realize that their enemies are escaping, so they will be firing madly into the smoke. Some of the blasts will hit, but most will miss. Canary can also do this, but she might not want to. Since Temugin is still holding Black Panther, Cyclops and he will blast him. He will be a little dizzy or something from being blasted so many times (if the blast did not kill him), so one member will pull off his head covering. Canary will then put her mouth to his ear, and scream in his ear, rendering him either unconcious or fataly injured.

Va N E L L A 13
Originally posted by stormfront13
wouldn't black panther still be able to move?? i mean wouldn't he still have function over his legs- and the same can be said for canary, the person that shakes her hand doesn't let go and hits her w/ all the got. and whoever shakes spider-womans hand she can just shoot venom out her hand causing the enemy extreme pain

did they think of that?

Khellendros
did they think of that?
You aren't the leader. I believe leaders are the ones turning in strategies, thus yours is void if I'm correct.

Anyways, if Temugin even squeezes Black Panther's hand too hard, he's getting his throat slashed by vibranium claws. If Canary screams that close, she risks deafening her own team. Besides, once the smoke is up, everyone on my team is invisible so she doesn't know where to scream. Cyke can still go down from a bullet tot he throat or forehead.

Va N E L L A 13
Umm, no. If i read the rule correctly, and I know I did because I know laydii personally. Anyways, back to the rules, she only stated that the leaders turn in the initial teams and the initial strategies. The rest is open game. If it were only 2 people debating, then it wouldn't be any fun for the rest of the teams. Ask Laydii yourself. I know that I am right.

Kento
Where is PR he's the leader, and not here. Anyways here's a strategy I think could work going off of the other team starting point.

As Punisher drops smoke bombs everybody would scatter, and Black Canary would just scream in the direction of that the people were at. Its bound to hit somebody. Deathstroke couldn't take out Taskmaster easily cause Tasky could just copy his moves cause Deathstroke isn't unpredictable unlike Deadpool. Batman would activate thermals, and shout out commands to the other members of the team that's still in the smoke on where to strike.

Meanwhile crowd control would be trying to control the people, and get them safely out of the area.

Va N E L L A 13
You aren't the leader. I believe leaders are the ones turning in strategies, thus yours is void if I'm correct.

Anyways, if Temugin even squeezes Black Panther's hand too hard, he's getting his throat slashed by vibranium claws. If Canary screams that close, she risks deafening her own team. Besides, once the smoke is up, everyone on my team is invisible so she doesn't know where to scream. Cyke can still go down from a bullet tot he throat or forehead.

You didn't say that he was going to hit his head or forehead. Also, I never saw anything in biographies of midnighter that he could cloud people's minds. or in a biograph of spiderwoman III that she could augment people's powers.

Khellendros
You didn't say that he was going to hit his head or forehead. Also, I never saw anything in biographies of midnighter that he could cloud people's minds.
Fine, I'm saying it now. Midnighter has done the mind clouding often in the comics, and Spiderwoman is a telepath, she can simply copy what he's doing.

laydiiplayette
Umm, no. If i read the rule correctly, and I know I did because I know laydii personally. Anyways, back to the rules, she only stated that the leaders turn in the initial teams and the initial strategies. The rest is open game. If it were only 2 people debating, then it wouldn't be any fun for the rest of the teams. Ask Laydii yourself. I know that I am right.

Yeah, everyone can debate, after the initial strategy is posted. That is a rule, just because someone might not like the strategy that their teams decided on, and be like "hey, i know better than them, so I'll say that my own strategy is the one that we all decided on"

Va N E L L A 13
Fine, I'm saying it now. Midnighter has done the mind clouding often in the comics, and Spiderwoman is a telepath, she can simply copy what he's doing.

i've never seen a telepath do that. And if he has done it before that many times, wouldn't it be in his biography/power listing thing.

Khellendros
Yeah, everyone can debate, after the initial strategy is posted. That is a rule, just because someone might not like the strategy that their teams decided on, and be like "hey, i know better than them, so I'll say that my own strategy is the one that we all decided on"
But initial strategies became void the second you added in that bit about shaking hands, thus we post new initial strategies.

ScarletSpider
Yes, the X-Men's costumes are routinely made out of unstable molecules, or something close. They've resisted small arms fire and more.

Taskmaster also has great speed. He has a photographic memory of all physical moves. He also has the ability to repeat these moves at a faster speed. For instance, he once watched a Kung Fu marathon on fast forward, he then reproduced the moves at the advanced pace he watched them. He's also done other random feats, such as catching bullets. Don't forget his image inducer, which he utilizes to the fullest.

Khellendros
i've never seen a telepath do that. And if he has done it before that many times, wouldn't it be in his biography/power listing thing.
Then you don't read many comics if you've never seen a telepath alter the way someone sees. Off the top of my head: Midnighter kept elite prison guards from seeing him in a cell, torturing a very evil person. He hid the blood on the walls, the person he was torturing, and himself.

laydiiplayette
But initial strategies became void the second you added in that bit about shaking hands, thus we post new initial strategies.

First of all, Khellendros, don't tell me what to do, and what is happening. Second, i don't see why you can't just keep the same initial strategy that you started with, because it is your initial strategy, its just flawed according to the shaking hands thing.

Kento
Well Punisher made smoke making everybody's visibility gone. Batman has thermals in his visor, and could tell shout out orders to his teams like if somebody's close to Cyke, and tell him. Might not be accurate since he has no clue except body type but he can still do it. The other team can't see into the smoke either so would be shooting blind or everything except at Bruce who would be shouting 'cept Bruce wouldn't stand still.

Va N E L L A 13
Then you don't read many comics if you've never seen a telepath alter the way someone sees. Off the top of my head: Midnighter kept elite prison guards from seeing him in a cell, torturing a very evil person. He hid the blood on the walls, the person he was torturing, and himself.

That, is not what you said. You said that you would use spiderwoman to augment midnighter's powers, which is what i said i had never seen. I have never seen a telepath augment another's powers. From what I hear about Spiderwoman, she isn't the type of telepath who can do that, because it is just a secondary skill, and she seems to be a low level telepath who usually uses it to listen to other's thoughts.

Khellendros
First of all, Khellendros, don't tell me what to do, and what is happening. Second, i don't see why you can't just keep the same initial strategy that you started with, because it is your initial strategy, its just flawed according to the shaking hands thing.
First, I'm not telling you what to do. I'm telling how I am interpreting these changes.

Second, my first strategy relied on enough distance for the team to get to cover as soon as Canary inhales and Punisher being able to set up at a location from which he can give sniper support. If the fight starts the second they shake hands, it voided quite a bit of my plan and some of theirs. If canary screams with her own team so close, she at the very least deafens them and may even injure them. Thus, both strategies either remain very very flawed or have to be scrapped.

Khellendros
That, is not what you said. You said that you would use spiderwoman to augment midnighter's powers, which is what i said i had never seen. I have never seen a telepath augment another's powers. From what I hear about Spiderwoman, she isn't the type of telepath who can do that, because it is just a secondary skill, and she seems to be a low level telepath who usually uses it to listen to other's thoughts.
Jean Grey once augmented Cable's very weak telekinesis to temporarily purge him of his virus. And she only had access to her telepathy at the time. The professor and Jean have combined efforts many times. There is a long history of telepaths lending mental strength to one another.

Va N E L L A 13
Telekinesis isn't the same as clouding another's mind. I think they were able to do it because she and he are biologically connected. It works for scott too, because they are truely in love. I doubt that the Midnighter and Spiderwoman are biologically connected or in love. And, Jean was not augmenting the Professor's powers or vice versa, they were simply working together.

Va N E L L A 13
sigh.

laydiiplayette
First, I'm not telling you what to do. I'm telling how I am interpreting these changes.

Second, my first strategy relied on enough distance for the team to get to cover as soon as Canary inhales and Punisher being able to set up at a location from which he can give sniper support. If the fight starts the second they shake hands, it voided quite a bit of my plan and some of theirs. If canary screams with her own team so close, she at the very least deafens them and may even injure them. Thus, both strategies either remain very very flawed or have to be scrapped.

Okay, next time maybe you should say, I think, instead of simply stating it, making it seem like you are commanding me to do it.

Khellendros
Telekinesis isn't the same as clouding another's mind. I think they were able to do it because she and he are biologically connected. It works for scott too, because they are truely in love. I doubt that the Midnighter and Spiderwoman are biologically connected or in love. And, Jean was not augmenting the Professor's powers or vice versa, they were simply working together.
They worked together towards the same goal, the Professor and Jean. This is my point, not that Midnighter and Spiderwoman do some freaky mind mold, just that they both do the same thing at the same time to the same group of people.

Okay, next time maybe you should say, I think, instead of simply stating it, making it seem like you are commanding me to do it.
Understood.

Va N E L L A 13
Oh, well when you said augment, that threw me off. I think that cyclops, batman and temugin will be able to resist it, just because they seem to either have dealt with many telepaths, have strong minds, and/or have had training resisting psychic assault.

Khellendros
Oh, well when you said augment, that threw me off. I think that cyclops, batman and temugin will be able to resist it, just because they seem to either have dealt with many telepaths, have strong minds, and/or have had training resisting psychic assault.
Batman and Temugin aren't going to resist it successfully. He has hidden himself from the guards of a supervillain jail and an enemy who had almost the exact same enhanced senses. Besides, it's not a telepathic assault, it's more of an illusion, they likely won't even know something is being done to their minds

Cyclops may resist it, since he's gone up against illusion-creators and telepaths before, but he's going down in a hail of large amor-piercing rounds from Punisher.

long pig
Well, if our team knows about canary, wouldnt we just wear ear plugs and have DS or Punisher cap her as soon as possible?

Taskmaster isnt taking Deathstroke, DS is insane and unpredictable just like Deadpool (DS is immortal, but each time he dies he comes back less sane, and hes died a lot) plus he has limited pregcognitive abilities in h2h combat, meaning he will see TM's next move before he makes it. DS has super speed and strength so he takes him out extremely fast.

long pig
extreme feats
Black Panther - Hes kicked so many peoples asses it isnt funny, he is a notch above Batman
The Punisher - He managed to take spiderman by shooting him
Midnighter -
Lady Deathstrike - beat wolverine a few times, bad ass
Wolverine - he took on hulk, you know the rest
Nightcrawler - in AoA he teleported someones head off
Beast - hes never did anything too cool, hes class 40is now,.
Spider Woman III - never done anything huge.
Deathstroke- Been killed many times, has healed severed arms, beat batman, His precog/fast reflexes allowed him shoot the flash while flash was going near light speed. He took out the JLA

illadelph12
My top priority (since I'm the Punisher) would be to take out the most vulnerable threats as quickly as possible and smoke and tear gas up the spot (which would also help to get bystanders to shake the spot). The person who's hand I'm shaking is getting capped before I release the grip. I don't give a f*ck, this is a deathmatch, I'm not here to play hero. With a modified M-60 I can pop off at the least 100-250 7.62mm AP tracer rounds in a minute, 550 max, and with a modified rifle I won't have to change barrels due to overheating. Cyke is gettin blasted, Canary is capped, Bats is ducking for cover, Taskmaster is ducking and dodging, Tem may use some form of chi field to protect himself from my gunfire, but if he's with BP and he's distracted, a slash to the throat with vibranium claws is on the menu. My next priority would be to kneecap either Bats or Task (after stuffing a grenade in Canary's mouth and putting a round in Cyke's forehead). Since I'm rockin' a spare BP armor, I can take quite a bit more projectile and impact damage than normal so batarangs ain't sh*t, and with the shock and sound absorbing boots, I can move in silence and pick my shots. I toss out a few more smoke grenades, put my own pair of thermal specs on and move to a position where I can pick off the remaining opponents. Since BP is rockin bullet proof vibranium armor as well, and Deathstroke has a healing factor, I don't have to worry about popping them as much. Spiderwoman should be airborne brainf*cking the enemy with psi-webs and bio-venom, and Midnighter has already analyzed and compensated for my method of attack and is fighting in a manner to give me maximum effectiveness.

I just keep dumping until they're down. I might even pop one of their team members on crowd control because I'm that kind of guy.

Scoobless
ok, shaking hands now huh?........ Cyc shakes hands and before he releases the grip activates his visor with the button on his other hand taking out whoever it is...... then sweeps around taking out at least 2 or 3 others

Taskmaster shakes hands and activates photonic shield which would slice through the arm of the unlucky hand shaker, then pulls out his gun and starts blasting the badass b!tches to hell

i don't see inhaling as "preping" for a fight so canary does a low level scream at her hand shaker, knocking them back then folows up with another scream to knock them down.... while Tasky helps her out with a few bullets to the downed "badass"

Temugin shakes hands and immediately throws opponent over his shoulder spins and blasts him/her with ring

Batman shakes hands and stamps on opponents foot, causing them momentary distraction, he then punches opponent in throat and calls to Cyclops to finish him/her

Scoobless
and we win crowd control cos Psylocke's telepathy is far more effective than your guys violently pinching people..... it may calm the first couple who get pinched but it'll cause a freakin' riot when the others see it

Scoobless
how long do these rounds last?

life is cruell
this is kind of stupid but could black cat seduce some of the rioters? and my username was changed

stormfront13
spiderwoman has clarvoyance so she should be able to see in the futuer so she will know any incoming attacks and warn her teammates through telepathy.

life is cruell
i have a question about telepaths can they use their abilities before the hand shake you said they couldnt fight but this isnt technically fighting

ScarletSpider
Yeah, I think some of the characters allowed in highly deviate from the original street level mandate, but whatever.

long pig
Everyone puts in their ear plugs.Canary screams have no effect now, but Punisher shoots her with a small 9mm as soon as the fight starts.
The smoke bomb is a great idea seeing that bat may or may not have thermal goggles, and Deathstroke has a cybernetic eye he can see thru it easy.
taskmaster is shaking hands with DS, DS knows task is thinking about attacking so he attacks first and TS gets a broken hand and a snapped neck. Tasky isnt near faster or stronger than DS

while wolverine bumrushes cyke because wolvie doesnt like the guy anyways.
punisher is rushing backwards shooting anyone not on his team, accidently kills a old bag lady in the process which batman happens to see and goes directly for punisher, punisher gets his ass beat but not before wolverine guts bats from behind.

DS and Wolvie can take anything Temugin dish out and overcome it, they tag team him and hes done for.

life is cruell
long pig wolvie is on our team b we replaced him with punisher

life is cruell
penalty card remeber

long pig
bah!

Va N E L L A 13
They don't know that Canary is going to be on the fighting team. I am not sure if mere earplugs will do much good against a powerful sonic assault. I use earplugs, and I can still hear a siren. I don't see why you have to use Spiderwoman to communicate with telepathy, she could just talk. I do not think that Spiderwoman will see what will happen to her teammates, just to herself, because that is the only thing that endangers her at the moment.

Lord-of-Dreams
Like me!! lol.
I am shaking hands with Temugin. Now, I have already collected info on him, and I know about the powers of is rings. I go into the fight wearing earplugs, and I give everyone a suit like mine. I'm really not worried about being held onto for two reasons: the second the whistle blows, I'm gonna throw you or scratch your eyes out. And I am wearing gloves, so if I really need to get lose, I just pull my glove off. Or, now that I think about it, I could just realease my claws so that they cut into your hand. And of course I come wearing goggles to see through the smoke.

Va N E L L A 13
First, I doubt that you can give everyone a suit like yours, because i doubt you have that many. Second, I don't think that people should be able to go into this match except with the things they usually use, because that is what happens in the show. Third, Temugin has been subjected to much pain through his training, so injecting claws into him will not cause him to let go. And haven't you ever noticed that if you a squeezing a glove, you can't take it out, because the other person is basically squeezing your hand. A glove won't help.

stormfront13
her clayrvoyance(don't know how to spell it) is from madame webs i am almost positive and she saw they future of people other than herself so why couldn't spiderwoman?? and she uses telepathy to communicate so that the other team can't hear them and they can time their attacks together

Va N E L L A 13
Didn't Madame web need to concentrate hard to find things in the future of others?

stormfront13
i don;t think so but i might be wrong

ScarletSpider
Do you have any instances prooving that she can control this clairvoyance? Does she just kick back and look into the future, or are they fractured images that come at random times? You've said you think she can control it, maybe sorta, but that doesn't amount to a hill o' beans.

And you're not the only one with a telepath. We have Betsy, who's a lot more experienced, she could probably disable and rape Spider-Woman III's mind.

Kento
The telepathy thing could work but all having the same armor as Black Panther? Thats a little much.

As for the fight. If they all are shaking hands, and don't let go then Punisher throws smoke grenade..that be a bad move for his team cause they'd all be in the middle of it.

stormfront13
but betsy's not fighting spiderwoman, betsy is in crowd control. she has used it in the comcis i am almost positive.

Kento
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Do you have any instances prooving that she can control this clairvoyance? Does she just kick back and look into the future, or are they fractured images that come at random times? You've said you think she can control it, maybe sorta, but that doesn't amount to a hill o' beans.

And you're not the only one with a telepath. We have Betsy, who's a lot more experienced, she could probably disable and rape Spider-Woman III's mind.

Isn't pyslocke crowd control though??

Kento
Originally posted by stormfront13
but betsy's not fighting spiderwoman, betsy is in crowd control. she has used it in the comcis i am almost positive.

You certain she did can you give us a description of what happened or what issue or something?

ScarletSpider
I think she was originally, don't know if she still is after the handshake thing messed up all the initial strategies. So, disregard that, and have the Punisher put a bullet through Spider-****'s head.

stormfront13
well i've never seen it but in a few bois i have read it has said that she has control over her telepathy and her clairvoyance

Va N E L L A 13
I have seen her use it, but its like a premonition, and it just comes to her. I don't think that she has the ability to see things that don't pertain to her, maybe madame web could.

stormfront13
then when she shakes the persons hand then she should get one, and if she doesn't then that person most likely won't hurt her

ScarletSpider
Yeah. I have no problem with her using it, but there should be a standard set for this fight. She gets one premonition per round, or something like that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>