Does Arnold play a good guy or bad guy better?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Piratemonkey101
Definately good guy!borg

Bad bad guy!2guns
Good with guns though!!!

NoFate007
I think he plays both well. But, I think he's better playing the good guy, at least in the Terminator movies.

Piratemonkey101
Me too. He dosent really play a bad guy often!

TheFilmProphet
I suppose I'll go with good guy, but only because he has played a good guy in more than most his films. Although I must admit he played one of the most brutal and dangerous bad guys in Terminator 1.

alic88
^absolutely true. and to convert that role of t1 into some1 as protective as the t101 is amazing, only something that cameron can pull off. Never seen such versatility in a machine lol

TheFilmProphet
Yeah so true, I don't think I've ever seen something like that been done before.

U Neek
Arnold is lucky that after T1 he was not typecast as a person to play the villain in movies.

Apart from Batman and Robin, I actually think Arnie plays the role of a villain much better then he does a good guy. But this is only because his good guy role has been recycled so many times and it seems a little played out now.

You have to take into consideration which director Arnold is working with. Personally I think James Cameron always gets the best out of Arnold, but that's because Cameron is such a high professional. The guy is a genius and I think he got the best out of Arnie.

Because it's rare that Arnie does not play the role of a bad guy, without counting Batman and Robin, I think he's a pretty good villain.

Cinemaddiction
In actuality, he's got good guy roles that span 2 or 3 genres. Look at it this way. Conan, The Terminator, and Dutch or John Kimble, Julius Benedict, and Gordy Brewer.

The choice is clear. The heroic good guy wins out.

vvvrulz
I'm rooting for bad guy, if he pulls it off, hardly anyone more intimidating, bar Batman and Robin like u-neek said.

Konjammenson
good guy

though he did play one helluva mr. freeze (that movie sucked)

BENITO
villain

barand1
i would have to say good guy, but if Arnold ever returns to movies (please God) than it would be great to see him as another villian.

Red Superfly
He was awesome in both roles. Terminator 1 - he was awesome. Terminator 2, he was awesome.

Both are his best films.

vvvrulz
I think that was more cos he was a machine. He makes a lousy good guy in some other movies, and a terrible villan in Batman and Robin, its a bit hard to say.

Piratemonkey101
I could probley lean both ways!

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by barand1
i would have to say good guy, but if Arnold ever returns to movies (please God) than it would be great to see him as another villian.

I completely agree, and Arnold is at that age now where playing a bad guy better suits him at least in my opinion. Besides how many actors over 56 today do you know that doesn't play a bad guy more often and or honestly just better than a good guy?

vvvrulz
He should try playing a mafia kingpin or something. big grin

TheFilmProphet
While smoking that cigar he loves so much, lol

vvvrulz
lol. Godfather 4....

daniel_scott_jr
i think that Arnold should make another predator movie! SCORE

TheFilmProphet
He should have made this back in the early 90's.

Konjammenson
There should never be another predator movie. Every Arnold movie needs a special dvd release. Almost all are. I'm so happy.

TheFilmProphet

U Neek
Originally posted by vvvrulz
He should try playing a mafia kingpin or something. big grin

What was Arnold's role in Raw Deal? Didn't he play a former FBI agent that assumed a second identity with the intention of infiltrating the Patrovita organisation and destroying it from the inside? I think this is the closest we'll ever see him in a mob role.

Hey, he could probably play one helluva Sith Lord in another Star Wars movie: Darth Muscles...

chriscaffee
He is more fun to watch as a good guy because you get to root for him. However, that said, as a badguy he gets to kill a lot of people.

vvvrulz
LOL Darth Muscles... I can see it already....
Arnold in his cloak wielding a red light-sabre...

Oh dear god eek!

Konjammenson
Originally posted by BENITO
villain

That was the point. I said he plays a good guy better, then I acknowleged that he played a great bad guy (Mr. Freeze) in a sarcastic fashion.

TMACalicious
Dr. Victor Fries (pronounced "freeze"wink was his real name in Batman and Robin.

Very cool name! stick out tongue

vvvrulz
He was pathetic in that movie. It was sadly trying to combine a very serious Batman theme with your typical cheesy 'Arnie-movie' theme.

Big mistake !!

Similar sort of thing happened in the 6th Day, it simply didnt work.

TMACalicious
Arnie'd make a good villian if he didn't speak or hardly spoke at all (ie: like in Terminator 1)

But i like him as a good guy better.

Doctor Lecter
I honestly like him as a bad guy better (evil Terminator in T1). He's so cold and brutal in that movie. Excellent job.

vvvrulz
Career defining role that was, for Arnold.

redcaped
Even as a Good Guy he's still a Bad Guy cool

Makedde
I thought he played both well, I like the good guy a little more, though.

jrodslam
Good Guy.

redcaped
His rigorous training helped him focus on the double role.

JohnnyDo3
both but T3 sucks

DRAKONS
So Good Much Food

vvvrulz
?

TMACalicious
Originally posted by DRAKONS
So Good Much Food

???

Mate, this is the Terminator Forum, not the Food Forum (if there is one)

vvvrulz
Or the Retarded Comments forum...

JohnnyDo3
both

barand1
I want to see Arnold in more villian roles.

Fingers crossed.

vvvrulz
I don't think he'll be doing that many movies in general.

Praylu
I believe he'll likely do a few more hero roles as one last harah.

chriscaffee
His role in the first film is superior to his roles in the second and third film where he is a "good guy." His acting in T3 is also a bit off and too robotic. Cameron and Schwarzenegger both mentioned that the Terminator was a smooth machine, but there are some awkward "jerky" movements in T3 that I am not fond of. Towards the end, he starts having non-machine facial expressions and is conveying emotion and such, with half of his skin ripped off. He should just have his generic sullen look, and (OFF TOPIC RANT) his mouth should be ripped in half because it just looks awkward to have this untouched flap of skin that sticks out just so his lips can be in tact. Also, the inside of the mouth. Why is is there? His throat was burned out and roasted. And his machine eye shouldn't be so big. It had to be bigger than his real eye in T1 and T2 becuase it was makeup, but CG could have corrected that problem and instead they just stuck with it.

barand1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.