Episode 3 deleted scenes and changes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hunchy
From the Force.net:

And wow, I am surprised. There were a lot of scenes here that I was hoping to see...

6, 7, 8-14, 25, 30, 32, 37-41: FedCruiser scenes cut (Grievous killing Shaak Ti, the Jedi using their lightsabers to escape GG, underwater swim, climb through shaft, many of R2's hangar gags, many Palpatine cliffhangers)

48: Mace greets Palpatine and the Jedi right after the crash-landing

56: Yoda, Obi-Wan and Mace discuss the Dark Side in Yoda's quarters

60: Bail and fellow Senators speak about the Senate

68-69: Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he nows they're in love

71: Meeting with Organa, Mon Mothma and Padme

73: Anakin informs Palpatine that Obi-Wan soon will have Grievous' head

74: Jar Jar greets Anakin at Senate

75: Anakin confronts Padme

76-77: Republic cruiser arrives at Utapau

83: Obi-Wan chooses his lizard, Boga

86: Mace talks to Yoda on Kashyyyk, telling him of his plans to arrest Palpatine

88-89: Padme presents to Palpatine the Senators' petition

93: Utapau windmill

121: "crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST

176: Yoda lands on Dagobah

And also from comingsoon.net:

Revenge of the Sith Changes:

Anyone who has followed the Star Wars prequels knows that George Lucas changes his films up to the last possible minute. (Ask anyone who happened to see an accidentally released Episode I print where Darth Maul fell down the shaft in one piece.) Revenge of the Sith is no exception. Changes are still being made, so if you've already spoiled yourself with the comic or novelization, a source lets us know of a few things you'll find different in the film. Highlight to read spoilers!:

During the childbirth, the lower half of Padme's body is now covered by some device (added digitally). Thus the scene is now inconsistent with what you see in the books, older stills etc...

Padme's last words are changed and her funeral is now even longer. There are more mourners (mostly human) and we see that she holds in her hand that wooden thing Anakin gave her in Episode 1.

eXSBass
I haven't read it, I just saw the bit where it said "Highlight to read spoilers!".
What my point is, spoiler tags would be useful.

stefaan
I wonder ( if this is true) which ones will be on the dvd.

tpaquin
I SAW COMPLETE DARTH MAUL FALLING DOWN THE SHAFT

I feel special, now.

But I'm pissed that we miss out on Dagobah.

PVS
thank you hunchy for not using spoiler tags mad

Stefan Kojic
Padme holding Anakins gift in her hand!?!?!? So sad..... sad

Stunrun
im sure all these changes and cuts were for the good of the movie. I guess we'll all know whether or not they would of worked once we see the moviewink

hunchy
For those saying I didn't use spoiler tags, its because its pretty obvious what this topic is about. "Episode 3 deleted scenes and changes", that implies what this topic is about, therefore if you didnt want to read about them, why even come to it?

macgeek2005
huh? All those scenes you listen at the beginning are cut out?

hunchy
yeah, sucks huh?

The Ones
hmm. hopefuly the majority of them will be put on the DVD with an explination god damn it

hunchy
yeah totally

Mist
yeah, damn it would be like 3hrs will all this crap.....YEAH! eek!

JKozzy
Wow, that's a lot of deleted scenes. The movie's going to seem shorter, with listening to the audiobook and all.

Mist
is all of this still included in the novel and other stuff?

JKozzy
From what I can tell, yes. Most, if not all of those scenes, were in the book/audiobook. Just deleted from the movie, just like AOTC. Stuff that wasn't in the movies were in the books, etc.

Mist
i hope Gl makes a dvd version with all the scenes included in the movie, kinda like LOTR....i hate watching deleted scenes one by one...sad

LandoSpeeder2
I think I need to listen to the novel again after I see the movie, I don't even rember their being a battle on Kashyyyk at all, or Yoda landing on Degobah

JKozzy
Originally posted by Mist
i hope Gl makes a dvd version with all the scenes included in the movie, kinda like LOTR....i hate watching deleted scenes one by one...sad Would be a cool idea, but he doesn't seem like the person to do what everyone else would want wink

JKozzy
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
I think I need to listen to the novel again after I see the movie, I don't even rember their being a battle on Kashyyyk at all, or Yoda landing on Degobah There wasn't very much about the Kashyyyk battle, but it's there. Can't really tell much about the movie battles in dialogue, it's all visual. Just like the duel, there wasn't much to it. Which is why there's the movie stick out tongue But at the very end, it says something like "An escape pod lands in a swamp world, with an outcast creature assessing his new home/surroundings", something like that.

DARTH DADDY
OH I'm sure there are those that will always find something wrong with whatever he puts out. I think it will rock just the way he wants it to be. It's his movie after all, not ours.

Darth Jello
i read the book, and quite a few of those cuts really piss me off. If lucas had kept in half of the deleted scenes from episode I, there would be more "character developement" (Ka-rak-ter dev-el-ohp-ment) and most of us wouldn't think it was such a weak piece of shit. Oh and jake lloyd of course. **** him.

macgeek2005
This doesn't ****ing make sense. With all those scenes deleted, the movie is like nothing. Where is the 2:20:00 with all those scenes cut out? The Anakin Greets Padme scene. What the hell? how are you supposed to explain anything without that scene. This really doesn't make sense.

cal31
Originally posted by hunchy

74: Jar Jar greets Anakin at Senate

86: Mace talks to Yoda on Kashyyyk, telling him of his plans to arrest Palpatine

121: "crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST
Glad these are gone, especially the Jar Jar one.

cal31
Originally posted by Darth Jello
i read the book, and quite a few of those cuts really piss me off. If lucas had kept in half of the deleted scenes from episode I, there would be more "character developement" (Ka-rak-ter dev-el-ohp-ment) and most of us wouldn't think it was such a weak piece of shit. Oh and jake lloyd of course. **** him. And this is why the deleted scenes of movies should never be let out or released. All these people pissing about scenes that they haven't even seen. STFU!!!!!!! mad

macgeek2005
True. I sure hope your right.

DCLXVI
Sadly, I don't believe half of those. wink
Lucas is f*cking nuts, there's no debate about that, but he wouldn't cut such pivotal and some possibly good scenes as is stated in that list. wink
Someone probably made this up, friends. Calm down.
Cutting Dagobah from the film? What? No, that would be retarded. wink
And the thing at the end, about her holding Anakin's wooden thing, is a lie, because it's been in since the drafts. It's in the damn BOOK people, and that was written months ago....

hazkid
"crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST
68-69: Obi-Wan tells Padme of his worries about Anakin and that he nows they're in love

these scenes i thought they would keep! miffed

DCLXVI
PEOPLE! Those scenes wouldn't be cut! Lucas is nuts, but not utterly stupid....
They also failed to mention the Han Solo scene that was cut....roll eyes (sarcastic)

hazkid
http://s39yousendit.com/d.aspxid=0DUJO88XUDFKW28F4MI039IUA7
the illustrated screenplay (ripped)(not my link)
all the cut scenes are it it.
look carefully at he link before you click on it.....

DCLXVI
"Cannot find server".....

hazkid
uploading to rapidshare.

DCLXVI
If it's true....I won't see the movie. wink

macgeek2005
the link doesn't work

hunchy
I agree its lame, and there is no way George Lucas would make a DVD with those scenes back in it...I agree, he's not the type to do what others want like say Peter Jackson.

hazkid
http://rapidshare.de/files/1148375/SWE3-ROTS-IS.pdf.html
link to illus s

macgeek2005
IT DOESN'T WORK. can you give me a link that works? I don't fully understand what's going on here. What were you saying about that if it's true you won't see the movie. if WHAT'S true?

hunchy
he was referring to the deleted scenes, if they were not in the movie, then he would not see it...which of course, we all know, is simply just a threat...he knows he'll see it.

hazkid
macgeek:a link to the screenplay?

hazkid
the pdf has been "ripped", so there is no copy protection on it.

hazkid
hunchy:????????????

hunchy
Here is the link to the illustrated screenplay:

http://img145.exs.cx/gal.php?g=pg010sh.jpg

DCLXVI
Hunchy> You are correct....stick out tongue
Damn, that really bums me out....GL is f*cking nuts....

hunchy
Correct about what?

DCLXVI
OMFG....stick out tongue
About that just being a threat, and that I will still see the movie....and love it....stick out tongue

hunchy
Haha, sorry forget it was you that said that.

Originally posted by hazkid
hunchy:????????????

Yes?

DCLXVI
stick out tongue
S'okay....

hazkid
my link works fine, but i am uploading a ZIP of all the images from the imageshack gallery.

peluffo
http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1MP4KZB65RFJD0IY5FAJ5CIJHX

gambit420
Man... the dialogue and scenes sound soo much better in the novel than they do in that screenplay sad

hazkid
Originally posted by hunchy
he was referring to the deleted scenes, if they were not in the movie, then he would not see it...which of course, we all know, is simply just a threat...he knows he'll see it.
i didnt understand this post.

hunchy
I already posted a link above to the illustrated screenplay, but whatever...

I was referring to DCLXVI when he said that if those scenes I posted awhile back were all deleted that he would not see the movie...because macgeek asked what he was talking about...guess I should have used quotes.

DCLXVI
laughing out loud
The Screenplay doesn't really prove that those scenes were cut, though.

hunchy
No, no, not the screenplay. The screenplay has those scenes in it. Theforce.net listed a list of deleted scenes (taken from the making of book so its official). Here's the link:

http://theforce.net/latestnews/story/Revenge_of_the_Sith_Deleted_Scenes_91018.asp

DCLXVI
Oh....
Well that sucks anus butter. stick out tongue

gambit420
Why does lucas do this? remember that butchered anakin duel they cut up at the last minute in Ep. II mad

hunchy
yep...thats lucas for ya...no wonder Empire was so great! He didn't direct it...

DCLXVI
laughing out loud
I liked ANH, and most of TPM and AotC, ('cept the Anakin parts - stick out tongue).

hunchy
It was a joke...but I love ANH, and I like TPM and AOTC, just they have a great many flaws.

gambit420
My favorite scene in ANH was when Han, luke and chewie shoot up that prison room dressed as storm troppers. When the special editions were released, that scene was cut to hell!

DCLXVI
I was joking too. wink
As much as I think that TPM & AotC could have been done much better, and as much as I b!tch about either of them, I still love 'em. wink

hunchy
Yeah, but Anakin IS still annoying....

EHmasterJedi
The main ones im dumed about is the Fed cruiser battle scenes come on Lucas leave in all that action, who really give a crap about how long it is anyway.

hazkid
i saw there was a yousendit link but oh well: http://rapidshare.de/files/1148625/illusS.zip.html

atila the great
Grievous killing Shaak Ti (this one was out even before principal photography was it not?

the Jedi using their lightsabers to escape GG (****, is this the one that appeared on the trivial pursuit footage?)

climb through shaft (elevator scene?)

Yoda, Obi-Wan and Mace discuss the Dark Side in Yoda's quarters (this one i think it was kind of redoundant)

Bail and fellow Senators speak about the Senate (this was the big scene with important info that the people of dark horse said?)

are there any scenes with Mon mothma now?

"crazy" Yoda and Chewbacca ambush an AT-ST (i wanted to see this one so bad!)

Yoda lands on Dagobah (this one is just plain stupid to cut it, its just like what? five seconds? ten tops?) too many endings?!! come on george this isnt LOTR!!! we want that many endings

Mist
i reckon, crazy yoda woulda been killer! laughing

maybe the grievous killing shaak ti was out coz now it makes anakin look even more bad than usual when he cuts her up

hunchy
I agree some of the cuts are lame....Many endings would be good for Star Wars...and I thought the many endings for LOTR was good too though...you have to take time to tie up the end of a trilogy after all...

Arsenal
He'd better put the deleted scenes on dvd...dammit.

Morridini
So the old scene which was leaked a long time ago where Obi and Anakin is swiming has been cut?

Eleonora
I think it's not fair. I really liked some of those scenes.

mephistodesigns
is there gonna be any "seeds of the rebellion" scenes now? I mean c'mon! cutting out the senators giving Palpatine the petition? Although, are all these scenes CUT or are they just CHANGED? They may have just been re-shot to be shorter or edited to be shorter. I can't imagine him cutting the politics out of this one, they're so damn important this time...

ImperialPEZ
Now in the illustrated screenplay Yoda still has a crazy scene where he does some mind contral, so which source is most up to date, the book or the IS?

mephistodesigns
sounds like they'll all be inconsistant soon enough. Maybe Lucas shouldn't release the novel, the making of, the screenplay, the comic until the movie IS ACTUALLY FINISHED!!! the "making of" is still going on and they've already released a book about it? It just ends up getting our hopes up and then we see it and its not what we read it COULD be and its just lame. If he just wouldn't release these great novelizations and other such material BEFORE the movie, maybe we wouldn't have such high expectations.

hunchy
Good point

Red Superfly
*sigh*

I don't understand why so much of the political stuff is now cut out.

I don't get it, it defies all logic. Episode I was full of uneccesary politics about taxations of trade routes (WTF?) and other such drivel.

Now they cut out the MOST IMPORTANT political scenes of the entire Trilogy? Seriously, that's bad foresight right there.

Those scenes with Bail, Mon Mothma and Padme talking about opposing the Emperor are really pivotal scenes, and I was actually looking forward to them.

I mean, I was watching Episodes I and II, and I saw how politically inclined they were, and thought they were po-faced, but I always had consolation with the fact Lucas was probably doing this so he could write in the Rebellions birth. Now it's gone or most of it. Now what? The Rebellion is just going to pop up out of nowhere? WTF? It's truly the one piece of the saga that NEEDS some exposition behind it. What a mess.

Their priorities are totally screwed up. If they cut out most of Mon Mothma and Bails bits, they better make sure that time isn't wasted on some Jar Jar scene.

DenKi
becos tis boring and no1 wants to ehar it except you

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by DenKi

Quite the opposite, I myself want to see those scenes where the Rebellion is formed. I want to see every detail.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by DenKi

Could you post the results of the survey you obviously conducted?

mephistodesigns
laughing I totally agree with you Red, they really are the most pivotal scenes as far as setting up the WHOLE OT's EVENTS!!! Damn stupid edits. They better get put back into the DVD. And like you said Red, TPM and AOTC have so much that isn't all that important, to cut these is really out of place. I think he just realized he should have paced the films differently and is now SCREWED because he has too much crucial info to fit into one movie and he's too stubborn to make it three hours like we all want!

hunchy
I totally agree with you guys about the political stuff being cut. Very lame indeed.

SithSpy
Im with red on this one, if any politics belong in the saga these scenes do, also the Greivious/Shakk Ti thing should not have been cut, from what ive seen we really dont get to see just how evil GG could be and this would have been perfect

oddjob02
the Rebellion was not an instantaneous entity, with the claiming of Palpatine as Emperor, it started the wheels of politicians slowly moving away from the Empire and slowly gathering info about systems feelings about the Empire. If you recall when he begins the Empire, Palpatine is met with thunderous appluase from many. I'm sure about 2-3 years after the coup, a strong movement underground begins to move from political to civil war to rid the Emperor when it begins to be met with military action from the Empire. You have to agree that Palpatine most likely provokes military action from the disenchanted, making them "rebels."

EHmasterJedi
id much rather see how evel Anakin gets in the temple though lol

SithSpy
actually oddjob, alot of people do oppose him at first, your right about the applause but there is the delegation of 2000, which is 2000 senators who oppose his power

bergermeister99
Was it my imagination or did Lucas change the scene in episode 3 where General Grevious is trying to escape from the ship that was going down in the beginning of the film. What you see in the DVD is that he gets away from the jedis and somehow gets to an escape pod. What I believe was in the film originally (in the theaters) was that he was only able to get to an escape pod by going outside of the ship and getting in through a hatch. But, if he was constantly coughing from what Mace did to him in the clone wars, he would obviuosly need to breath and couldn't have gone out side. So lucas just cut that part out like he has done with all the other episodes(with the possible exception of episode 1) I don't remember any scenes that were taken out from the theater version.

Am I wrong in think this? Did that scene never happen in the theater version?

Bergermeister99

JKozzy
It did happen.. and it's on the DVD too... nothing was changed. messed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.