He Man V's Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scoobless
They both seem to be getting a lot of respect around here

No prep time....... fight to the death, whadaya think?

http://www.cloneweb.net/images/special/musclor/He-Man.jpghttp://www.editmesh.net/artists/abrown/media/images/thanos/thanos2.jpg

(the characters portraid may not be of actual comparative heights stick out tongue )

oh, and no IG, HOTU, Cosmic Cube or any other BS like that

Scoobless
whistling

doctorstrongbad
I like both of the pics but Thanos should take this one.

ZephroCarnelian
Not if it came down to a physical fight....

Thanos has some cool doodars up his sleeve, like Cosmic blasts etc.

But if it came down to a fist-fight... He-Man is the strongest man in the Universe....

kgkg
What can He-man do in the cartoons he look like a savage beast lol.

and that was like so many years ago.

what can he do?

ZephroCarnelian
He can make Superman cry like a baby for starters lol....

kgkg
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
He can make Superman cry like a baby for starters lol....

from what i saw (in cartoons) he whould be superman's ***** .

let me guess there was a crossover in comics and heman kicked his ass.

Scoobless
yup....... there is a new He Man cartoon these days..... he's pretty damn strong now....... throws around boulders the size of trucks and stuff

kgkg
can he fly , travel in space , blow up stuff like the moon etc??

if not he can't do it he won't win agaisn't Thanos.

Scoobless
why not? Thanos can't fly either and it's a fight to the death so no running away to his spaceship cos the nasty man with the sword beat him up

kgkg
Thanos can teleport

Scoobless
Originally posted by kgkg
Thanos can teleport

without technological aid?........ cos he isn't allowed any here

Victor Von Doom
Thanos. No-one with mere strength and however much cunning to back it is beating Thanos.

Scoobless
He Man has strength and his sword in this, Thanos has his strength and his energy blasts

i think He Man can match Thanos for strength and speed...... maybe even go beyond him

DigiMark007
Thanos is more than a little handicapped if he has no technilogical aid or cosmic aid (which he doesn't in this thread), but even if He-Man can trump him in pure power, I doubt his invulnerability is better than Thanos. He-Man might dish out more, but he wouldn't be able to take as much punishment. Thanos is smart too...not that HM isn't, but Thanos would take this fight...even though I'm a little tired of stroking Thanos' ego on this forum.

-DM

Scoobless
you just described the Ali/Foreman fight............ lol

King Burger
Also to be remembered, He-Man's powers seem to have
a mystical nature to them, so that would give him and
his sword atleast some advantage over Thanos.

srankmissingnin
He-man is stronger the Pre-Crisis Superman! But I'm thinking Thanos would still have the strenght advantage... or at the very least duribilty.

Scoobless
but anything He Man may lack in strength he makes up in skill and with his sword

ebonyblade1
I've seen he-man throw an object that looked at least a hundred tons into orbit, and yet he still struggles in hand to hand combat with skeletor. What is he-man's strength level? Sometime he seems as strong as pre-crisis supes other times he seem as strong as the ff's thing. So which is it?

LordFear
Dudes just revert HeMan back to Adam and fights over,
Even so, Thanos would beat HeMan. Thanos is just too much for him to handle.HeMan relies on his sword, without it he he just has his pummeling which Thanos can handle and dish back out plus Thanos can tap into endless source of energy

manjaro
old school 80's he-man wasnt all that strong but he was durable. 2003 he-man cartoon he was stronger but he wasnt invulnerable, he could still be hurt by lazer blasts and falling debris and shit, so that meaks him cooler to me. and much more human. much like a regualr guy in shape who is really really strong. that being said he's the most powerful man in HIS universe, no match for thanos

also ppl seem to forget, or couldnt possibly have known that crisis on multiple earth's took place in the late 70's to mid 80's. way before comics started to get cool and somewhat scientifically feasible. and that crossover with heman and supes was a one shot BS deal. where supes just showed up they fight blah blah blah they shake hands in end. so to answer no he-man is not a pre crisis superman.

Adam_PoE
DC Comics Presents #47 "From Eternia with Death!"

While trying to infiltrate Castle Grayskull, Skeletor inadvertently opens a dimensional rift that brings pre-Crisis Superman from Earth to Eternia.

In order to continue with his acquisition of Castle Grayskull uninterrupted, Skeletor casts a powerful spell over Superman and forces him to do battle with He-Man.

Superman manages to hold off He-Man long enough to break free of the spell Skeletor cast over him and the two heroes then turn on Skeletor. With Skeletor defeated, Superman is returned home to Earth through a space warp.

He-Man has the equivocal endurance, resistance to injury, and strength of a demigod and also has an indestructible Sword of Power that can project mystical energy and open inter-dimensional gateways.

He-Man has demonstrated the ability to turn silica into glass, compress carbon into diamonds, and hurl planet-sized objects into orbit.

long pig
He-mans duribility is probably higher than Thanos' his strength is above supermans, and he sword is powerful as all hell, in a no tech figh thanos will get his ass kicked, he wont die or whatever, but his ass will be kicked.

manjaro
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
DC Comics Presents #47 "From Eternia with Death!"

He-Man has the equivocal endurance, resistance to injury, and strength of a demigod and also has an indestructible Sword of Power that can project mystical energy and open inter-dimensional gateways.

He-Man has demonstrated the ability to turn silica into glass, compress carbon into diamonds, and hurl planet-sized objects into orbit.

that would be his comic bio huh? well i was more sleeping on the cartoon guy from the 80s, who wasnt all that strong. he would just punch thru the same wall of Castle grayskull(i guess the animators were too cheap to draw different ones) much like in the flintstones where it would take 2 minutes for them to run outta the house, and run pass the same couch like a hundred times smile. i can hear the theme song still playing in my head.

dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun HE-man!

Linkalicious
Holy shit. I can't believe people think Thanos would lose this fight "because he doesn't get his tech."

Thanos would beat seven shades of black and blue into He-man and then sell Cringer on the black market.

kgkg
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Holy shit. I can't believe people think Thanos would lose this fight "because he doesn't get his tech."

Thanos would beat seven shades of black and blue into He-man and then sell Cringer on the black market.
why is this barbarian(he-man) getting so much respect.?

In the cartoon he was getting hurt by weapons, Rocks ect. But that was long time ago.

Xplosive
Thanos woudl win without a doubt.

Adam_PoE
According to the official Marvel website, Thanos posesses:

Near god-like strength, endurance, reflexes and agility.

Resistance to virtually all forms of injury.

Psionic blasts.

Cosmic energy projection.

He-Man posesses god-like strength, speed, endurance, and resistance to injury; is immune to psionic attack; and has an indestructible Sword of Power that can project mystical energy and open inter-dimensional gateways.

Mainstream
I don't He-man....has....the.....power!

Adam_PoE
It would seem the two are closely matched. He-Man however, has ZERO vulnerabilities. This combined with the magic of Castle Grayskull give him an edge over Thanos.

long pig
Ok this is my last He-Man post, I'm amazed about how powerful he is.

Thanos doesnt get prep, he just gets the usual things he has.

Same for He-Man.

Does the mad Titan have enough power to kill the strongest man ever?

DigiMark007
Ha. Read my post over in the Thor one.

I'll vote for Thanos here. He's probably more invulnerable, even if he's not as strong...and if they stalemate each other for a while (which I imagine would be the case) there's nothing stopping Thanos from leaving for a while and cooking something up to come back and whup on He-Man (something cosmic and possibly draining I would imagine). Not that He-Man is dumb, but eventually the intelligence of Thanos would pull out the win for him.

-DM

long pig
I just did, ha.

So, even Thanos is cant match his phsyical ability?
I could see Thanos winning, he's about as brilliant as they come.
Could He-Man absorb the power cosmic? This guy is amazing, too bad hes show sucked.

Wonder how Heman would fare against the champion of the universe, with the gem. The strongest vs the best fighter??? hmmm! lol i swore this was my last He-Man post, so i wont.

DigiMark007
Champion's a tool anyway....he's never written as strong as he should be.

Someone made the comment that Skeletor usually brings down He-Man with magic. That's not specifically Thanos' thing, but yeah, he'd do it if that's what it took to bring He-Man down. In the end, strength can only do so much.

But now I'm a huge He-Man fan because I realized I finally have someone who can shut up the "infinite power Hulk" fanboys. He-Man's strength really is infinite. Huzzah!

-DM

King Burger
I don't know if He-Man's sword can block a full cosmic blast from
Thanos.

Ofcourse, the sword also gets power from the same source as
He-Man's strength, that is the universe, so it probably can.

Also, He-Man's strength and sword are magical as well, so that
may give him another advantage against Thanos (I don't know
how much Thanos knows about magic).

But Thanos would probably win this only because he has a
wider array of atacks.

If he attacks He-Man with a cosmic blast, He-Man blocks it,
if he attacks He-man physically, He-man beats him. But,
Thanos can blast at He-Man while fighting him hand-to-hand,
from his eyes for example, and that may knock out He-Man.

Even if not, he certainly has a much better chance than thor
or Hulk.

60-40 Thanos I say.

Champion is an even tougher opponent.

His power Gem may make him equally strong, but I
have seen Drax with the power gem have problems with
mad-Thor, so maybe the power Gem doesn't give the
wearer complete access to the universe's powers.

Also, that same Drax, if I remember correctly, couldn't
lift Thor's hammer, so apparently the Gem can't make
it's wearer over-come mystical powers.

Still, Chamion is the best fighter in the universe, so he
may be able to knock out He-Man before the latter gets
any stronger.

51-49 Champion.

long pig
lol, im becoming one. I remember being 8 or so and diggin He-Man so much, but a few months a go i seen the cartoon and damn! it was sooooo ...ambiguosly homosexual. like for real!

pink underwhere and all the man flesh not covered by clothes! ahhhhhhhhh!

wannabe

DigiMark007

wannabe

Scoobless
de ja vu

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=334681&highlight=no+HOTU+or+IG+bs

DigiMark007
my thoughts too Scoob...but it seemed like new people were posting, so I didn't say anything.

-DM

Adam_PoE

D-Block
Originally posted by King Burger
I don't know if He-Man's sword can block a full cosmic blast from
Thanos.

Ofcourse, the sword also gets power from the same source as
He-Man's strength, that is the universe, so it probably can.

Also, He-Man's strength and sword are magical as well, so that
may give him another advantage against Thanos (I don't know
how much Thanos knows about magic).

But Thanos would probably win this only because he has a
wider array of atacks.

If he attacks He-Man with a cosmic blast, He-Man blocks it,
if he attacks He-man physically, He-man beats him. But,
Thanos can blast at He-Man while fighting him hand-to-hand,
from his eyes for example, and that may knock out He-Man.

Even if not, he certainly has a much better chance than thor
or Hulk.

60-40 Thanos I say.

Can't the Sword of Power shoot magical blast also?

Tony Stark
laughing

K3VIL
Thanos is more versatile.He can teleport, without any tech device, but just using his personal cosmic energy source, but he does not use it as an offensive tactic.Thanos relies on his physical attributes and his energy powers.He-Man is strictly limited to his upper level physical stats, his sword can fire mystical bolts of high power, but nothing more, it can deflect, but I don't see any real threat.He-Man's power source gave him what is needed to slay down his enemies, but what I'd like to see, is how much does it takes, to really contain Thanos.He's immortal, has been furtherly enhanced before Annihiliation, so what He-Man is facing here is a force of evil that will make his enemies look like bank robbers.

thanospimphand
Originally posted by Scoobless
He Man has strength and his sword in this, Thanos has his strength and his energy blasts

i think He Man can match Thanos for strength and speed...... maybe even go beyond him \

if thanos has his energy balsts then he kos heman easily

thanospimphand
Originally posted by long pig
He-mans duribility is probably higher than Thanos' his strength is above supermans, and he sword is powerful as all hell, in a no tech figh thanos will get his ass kicked, he wont die or whatever, but his ass will be kicked.

actually thanos duralbility is on a level he-man has never even dreamed of kid and also his strength is enornmous he controls the power cosmic......... thanos 11/10 times

spawnwest
He-Man is used to battling Skeletor.

Skeletor>>>>>>>>>Thanos

He-Man fighting Thanos would be like He-Man fighting Beast Man.

He-Man FTW

riptorn311
I have to pick Thanos. He would find some way to trick HE-MAN. Thanos is just too smart. Besides Thanos wouldn't walk into a blind fight without a back-up plan. He would probably end up either stealing He-Man's sword or tricking He-Man into giving it to him. Either way Thanos (who is ruthless enough to butcher his own mom and wish his dad out of existance) wins in round 1 without a punch being thrown after He-Man realizes Orko was in cahoots with the mad titan....

riptorn311
quote from another member: "His power Gem may make him equally strong, but I
have seen Drax with the power gem have problems with
mad-Thor, so maybe the power Gem doesn't give the
wearer complete access to the universe's powers.

Also, that same Drax, if I remember correctly, couldn't
lift Thor's hammer, so apparently the Gem can't make
it's wearer over-come mystical powers.

Still, Chamion is the best fighter in the universe, so he
may be able to knock out He-Man before the latter gets
any stronger.

51-49 Champion. " end quote.

The gem does give its owner complete access to the universes power. After all it does fuel the other gems. The problem is both drax and the champion used the gem on a subconscious level whereas thanos in issue 4 of IG used the gem to its full potiential and creamed all of earths heroes including thor, hulk, quasar, dr. strange, capt. america, all the x-men..lol....thanos with the power gem kills he-man, drax, and the champion in 2 seconds

leonidas
Originally posted by Scoobless
yup....... there is a new He Man cartoon these days..... he's pretty damn strong now....... throws around boulders the size of trucks and stuff

oh, well. he IS strong. he should have no problem in this fight.

no expression

psycho gundam
meh.... all thanos has to do is levitate he-man off of the ground telekinetically and that ends H man's offensive capabilities for the most part.

h1a8
So Thanos has telekinesis now?

riptorn311
Yes Thanos has telekenesis.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.