Cringeworthy Anakin and Padme scenes?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
OK, I had to read some of the lines from the screenplay to get a taste of the script style and what to expect. I mainly looked at a few lines between Anakin and Padme.

*sigh*

Nothing has changed. Some of those lines had me curling my toes thinking "Oh no, he's only gone and done it again!". I can guarantee you all that these scenes will be the scenes that the critics pick apart. Hell I'm alreday doing it. Lucas really has to pull something special out of the bag to make some of those lines work, I'm not joking. I'm talking lines almost as bad as "I hate sand. It's coarse and irritating and it gets everwhere" from AOTC. Damn you Lucas.

That said, some of the banter between Obi-Wan and Anakin is actually rather neat. As it is written, it seems funny, but I'll have to wait and see to find out if Lucas kills these nice lines.

lol and I managed to catch Anakins lines saying yet another famous line from the OT (one of Han Solo's from ANH). Doesn't bug me, but, again, something the critics have expressed their hatred for before, and are sure to do it again.

My main concern is the Anakin and Padme lines and my hope that they don't come off as cheesy as they appear on paper. Heres hoping the re-writes change a few things eh?

Sith Master X
Guess we'll just have to wait and see it on the big screen. If the scene's done properly, it may come out just fine. Personally, I've never had an issue with Lucas and his dialogue.

macgeek2005
Lucas is a God. Everything he does is perfect. Revenge of the Sith is beyond perfect.

DeVi| D0do
^ hahaha, you make me laugh

JKozzy
They may be corny, but that's the way that Lucas has written his movies. Carrie Fisher remarked that she didn't see any typical human saying these lines, and she quoted her line from ANH: "Governor Tarkin, I should have known that I would find you holding Vader's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board." Something to that effect, don't shoot me if it's not word for word.

EHmasterJedi
LOL!!! dont get me started in a topic like this.

Darth Bong
I have to say the worst is probably the "Anakin your breaking my heart" scene in the Tragedy TV spot. But it dosent bother me too bad considering Lucas has made some bad dialogue in just about all of the other Star Wars movies. But even with that each movie still turned out to be awesome.

umraan
lucas is a fat moron with a few good ideas. actually one. (star wars)

ArthasKnight
Originally posted by Darth Bong
I have to say the worst is probably the "Anakin your breaking my heart" scene in the Tragedy TV spot. But it dosent bother me too bad considering Lucas has made some bad dialogue in just about all of the other Star Wars movies. But even with that each movie still turned out to be awesome.

I'm sure that "breaking my heart" thing will be much better when we hear everything before and after that. Things always sound weird when they're ripped from the scene they belong in without anything to support it.

Batman316
I found that "breaking my heart" line sad sad

maddani
Originally posted by Batman316
I found that "breaking my heart" line sad sad

yeah but no tears on nat
sad

ctsketch
actually she did have tears

Mist
i like anakins dialogue so far....
'the jedi turned against me, dont YOU turn against me"....

sounds so cool....cool

but then, i havent seen any other form of dialogue...so i cant speak....

LandoSpeeder2
I don't give a crap of what other critics think, but he does have some pretty cheesy stuff, Maybe if GL was married he might get an idea of what they might say (though he was married that was 30 years ago).

Mist
bah, a few cheesy lines arent gonna make me derail what could be the best.movie.ever.

vader519
I could care less how the dialouge sounds. Geroge Lucas has been writing the same stuff for years.

ShadowKing
miffed

GL really does not have a good ear for hearing and writing emotional dialogue. Most of the best emotion scenes in the OT were non-speaking scenes highligted by John Williams' score. Example, Luke finding Beru and Owen, Luke looking at the twin suns, Leia watching Han get freeze dried, etc

TheFanboy
Have to way it and see it on screen to really judge.

Lyn
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Guess we'll just have to wait and see it on the big screen. If the scene's done properly, it may come out just fine. Personally, I've never had an issue with Lucas and his dialogue.
Neither have I. I adored the OT but that was cheesy at times too. I think overall though, this one will be better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.