who do you think should have played mace windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vader476
Well i thought that will smith would make a better mace windu

Sith Master X
Samuel Jackson all the way. He's perfect for the role and plays it well. I love Will Smith, but I don't see him as Mace Windu.

LanİeWindu™
Sam...no one else.

hunchy
One word: Sam

Red Superfly
I can't see Mace Windu saying "Now that's what I'm talkin' about" and then drinking on a Pepsi while wearring converse sneakers and a Nike hat.

vader476
well actually if you think about it picture will with a lightsbaer in a jedi robe sittiong in the jedi council
he looks perfect for it
at least i do
lol
but then again he is my favorite actor
but its just my opinion, but he does

hunchy
Haha...amen...Will Smith would be terrible...in fact in the words of Will Smith "HELL NO!"

darth_achilles
sam

vader476
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I can't see Mace Windu saying "Now that's what I'm talkin' about" and then drinking on a Pepsi while wearring converse sneakers and a Nike hat.

lol he'd be in costume

tpaquin
Why does he automatically have to be black? Personally, I think that Billy Dee Williams should have been Mace, and also played Lando's father.

And how come there are no Asians, Native Americans, or Arabic People in a galaxy far, far away?

vader476
lol

hunchy
Why does he automatically have to be black? Personally, I think that Billy Dee Williams should have been Mace, and also played Lando's father.

And how come there are no Asians, Native Americans, or Arabic People in a galaxy far, far away?

Oh brother.......

PVS
gary coleman

JKozzy
Freeze, motha f**ka!

SLJ would whoop yo' ass if he saw this thread.

bill9d9
CHARLIE MURPHY!! HAHAHAHAH!!!

EHmasterJedi
All the other actors listed are to young in appearance to play that level of master, i couldnt really think of anyone else to play Mace Windu

Stunrun
Originally posted by PVS
gary coleman

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/gc.bmp

Insomnia
Mr. T

No question about it.

DeVi| D0do
^ rock

master sifadius
Samuel L. Jackson all the way!

Spectr4L
Originally posted by tpaquin

At least Bai Ling (Asian descent) will have a role as a senator in EPIII...

As for who should play Mace...I think Sam is a great choice, but I would've prefered Colin Salmon.

Stunrun
If Sam wasnt around, Denzil Washington would have my votecool

Milosz006
In the comics Sifo Dias is an azn. I don't think he will be in the movie though. In fact, will Sifo Dias even be mentioned?

Mist
why oh why didnt they make mace a midget?

joking.......OF COURSE.

hunchy
Sam Jackson is the man...great actor....perfect fit. Period.

((The_Anomaly))
yea mace has to be smooth and powerful looking and sounding, Sam fits the role bang on, hes shaft for god sake!...lol

Anakin2Vader
Mace is one of the last people I would like to re-cast.... Ep 1 Anakin is at the top of my list.... yippeeeee... man i hate that kid

DeVi| D0do
^ couldn't agree more

darthmark
Originally posted by tpaquin

The same reason why there are no black people in middle earth.

darthvinss
Originally posted by vader476
Well i thought that will smith would make a better mace windu

seeing results of the poll I think you're the only 1 ! wink

DARTH STEVIOUS
mace is ament to be wise samuel is the best for his look and acting, will smith is up his own butt and every one else dose not have that presance samuel has hes perfect for the role it was made for him case closed.

Dart Saber
SLJ acts BAD in star wars.
IMO he is a great actor, but not for star wars.
Will Smith would be great, especially with his hair from that stupid show princ of ...something, when he was young smile

Corran
SLJ without a shadow of doubt, how can anyone even contemplate questioning the casting of people in SW movies?

Arsenal
The only person in SW I think should've been recast is Jake Lloyd.

geet
sam, you nuts to think will

Dart Saber
Originally posted by Corran
SLJ without a shadow of doubt, how can anyone even contemplate questioning the casting of people in SW movies?

Yes, how can someone actually use his brain, that is crazy

smoker4
Originally posted by bill9d9
CHARLIE MURPHY!! HAHAHAHAH!!!

Unity laughing out loud

Matafaka
Samuel L. Jackson....hes the man cool

peluffo
I don't like SLJ acting in SW, but i love him on other movies.

I think Denzel Washington, Danny Glover or maybe James Earl Jones could be a great human mature jedi master.

Eleonora
Is it even necessary to discuss this?

PVS
Originally posted by Stunrun
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/Stunrun/gc.bmp

laughing out loud

see, look at that pic and picture him saying "you're under arrest chancelor"

like. a. glove.

stick out tongue

peluffo
Originally posted by Eleonora
Is it even necessary to discuss this?

It's even necessary to post such offtopic remark?

PVS
Originally posted by peluffo
It's even necessary to post such offtopic remark?

and how does your post relate to the topic? rolling on floor laughing

peluffo
At least i've already posted my opinion about the thread...

PVS
how come nobody mentioned morgan freeman?
or ving rhames(top notch actor imho)

denzel and will smith are far to overused actors to play in star wars.
in fact, thats always been my issue with SLJ in star wars is that he is
faaaaaaaaar too famous....but oh well...with that aside i think he did (will do)
a terrific job as always.

ickeris2003
first of all sam is a great actor and he does a good job as mace and second will smith is the worst actor ive ever seen. his music, movies and shows suck period. he's only famous for his looks. i dont care if he makes millions its the stupid fans that support him, that why hes still here today stick out tongue ! sam all the way baby

PVS
well, i dont know if he's a shitty actor, but he really doesnt have any range.
every movie he's in, he's just basically playing...himself. it doesnt take a great actor to be themselves in front of a camera.

referring to will smith

lil bitchiness
Will Smith would suck as Mace.

Samuel L Jackson was awesome....although im intrigued at the Gary Oldman suggestion

Alliance
Smith is to wild and crazy. Foxx is to calm and non-mace ish. Sam is the best one in the list. And personally i think he has done a good job. Hes had some horrendously cheesy lines ("This Partys over"wink? but thats not his fault laughing

ImperialPEZ
Presence is the key. I could see Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, Denzel (maybe).

But Will Smith?

"He will be trained then?"

"Nah Nah, I don' know whachyall's thankin on that one, but we aint got time fa dis. KnowatIn'sayn'. You gotta gecho ass to Naboo an get tha drop on this Shnizith."

jjwil76
will smith is the corniest actor out there. he really ruined that shark tales movie for me. his act is tired. michael clarke duncan would have been a pretty ominous presence on the council. SLJ is perfect though.

PVS
its difficult for some to accept SLJ because they are used to him being
a bad mother--
*SHUT YO MOUTH!!!*
but i was talkin 'bout SLJ...

seriously though, having starred in films including pulp fiction and shaft, among others--"YES THEY DESERVE TO DIE AND I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL" its difficult for some to accept him as a jedi knight...rather a han solo-type edgy character.

hunchy
Originally posted by ickeris2003
first of all sam is a great actor and he does a good job as mace and second will smith is the worst actor ive ever seen. his music, movies and shows suck period. he's only famous for his looks. i dont care if he makes millions its the stupid fans that support him, that why hes still here today stick out tongue ! sam all the way baby

I agree 100%.

jedi2187
Issac Hayes (in the 70's) would've been my personal pic.
http://webpages.charter.net/macgenius21/shaft.jpg

PVS
actually, thats richard roundtree.
isaac hayes wrote the theme

bill9d9
Is Richard Roundtree even still alive? Great pic, anyway.

Red Superfly
What about Mr T?

Jedi with bling. And give him a Windumobile.

PVS
I PITY THE FOOL WHO COME AROUND WIT THAT JIBBA JABBA!!!

Red Superfly
"I ain't gettin on no starship, foo'!"

jjwil76
Originally posted by Red Superfly
"I ain't gettin on no starship, foo'!"

(as yoda stealthily slips sleeping pills into mace's burger)

Turismo
How bout Michael Jackson, he looks alien enough to be part of the sw universe big grin

ImperialPEZ
But could you trust him with the younglings?

PVS
Originally posted by ImperialPEZ
But could you trust him with the younglings?

saw that coming from a mile away evil face

amity75
Possibly only Denzel Washington could have been Mace Windu other than Sam. Or Bob Marley.

Red Superfly
Morgan Freeman would have made a good Jedi Knight, he has that Alec Guiness wholesomeness, totally likable nature to him.

Malic Clanorian
if there HAD to be someone other then Sam...i like Don Cheadle from Hotel Rwanda...i like his acting..i also like Wesley Snipes..hes badass but his style wouldn't fit jedi...hes more sith lol

simond
morgan freeman would of been good,,,,but sam is good enougth

peluffo
Originally posted by Turismo
How bout Michael Jackson, he looks alien enough to be part of the sw universe big grin

I thought that the only options were black stars...

DARTH STEVIOUS
will smith is a w***** he so far up his on arse he loves him self even said it on an interview for hitch

DARTH STEVIOUS
I think michael jackson should have done a musical number in star wars now thats cool

LandoSpeeder2
If will smith was Mace,He'd be trying to eliminate all the droids in the Galaxy cus he thinks they are taking over and the Galaxy, and the Jedi aren't really needed anymore. "Anakin, their ain't no way in hell your gonna be a Master", I mean it's not like I dislike the guy but he can't be very serious, sure star wars has some comedic stuff in it, but Mace shouldn't be the one saying or doing any of it, Now Sam can be a serious character, unlike Will who has to crack a joke no matter what movie it is.

thejeditraitor
i think they should use digital technology to composite the mace windu action figure in with the live actors.

adamrubin
wesley snipes

thejeditraitor
"i think they should use digital technology to composite the mace windu action figure in with the live actors."

my interpretation ...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/thejeditraitor/xfd-1.jpg

lucasfilm
NICE! ^^^

MICHAEL JACKSON!...
" by the galactic senate of the republic.. youre under arrest palpatine"
and then when hes jumping up and down and fighting, hes all like:
"eh hee hee hee!"

dark1365
Eddie Murphy!
laughing out loudlaughinghystericallaughing out loudlaughing out loud

jaden101
wasn't the part written in deliberately for sammy jackson?...i remember when he was on TFI friday on channel 4 years ago and he said that he would love a part in the new starwars films even if it meant he was just some dodgy stall keeper on tatooine...the next day he got a call from george lucas saying that they would get a part for him...

jedi2187
Originally posted by DARTH STEVIOUS
I think michael jackson should have done a musical number in star wars now thats cool

Unfortunately, it was already done. A little unmentionable called 'Captain Eo', back in the 80's.
http://www.neverland-valley.com/neverland-valley/gallery/movies-eo/pix/movies-eo_003.jpg

http://www.neverland-valley.com/neverland-valley/gallery/movies-eo/pix/movies-eo_001.jpg

PVS
GL looks like he's pondering on whether or not he should run MJ through with that sword laughing out loud

Darth Jello
Is this thread a case of "Sam's too scary, we need a token black actor"?
because hollywood is already pretty racist in that department.

smoker4
Originally posted by PVS
GL looks like he's pondering on whether or not he should run MJ through with that sword laughing out loud

laughing out loud He wants to be starting something

Red Superfly
Michael Jackson also has the whole "one glove" thing going on. He's already got the Star Wars fashion thing down pat.

Windu: "Hee hee! Ow! We gotta protect the younglings! Hee hee!"

Yoda: "Agreed, hide the younglings, we must"

Windu: "I know the best place cha'mone, in my room......EEEEH HEEE!"

yo_yoda
the guy in the matrix movie... i forgot his name. he helped guide neo

PVS
larry fishburn

i would say yes...but after the matrix im kinda sick of him

yo_yoda
ya thats the guy... i think... lol

PVS
yeah, im positive.
a great actor, but if he was to play mace it would
just be morpheus II imho

SithSpy
back to the Micheal Jackson thing, he probaly shouldve played windu, I mean im sure hes had preparation by playing star wars with the kids, very intense "Lightsaber" duels

.:Darth Dave:.
i would of thought lawrence fishburne would have done just as good a job of mace as SLJ. He has a very commanding acting prescence and would come off as nice as any of SLJ's lines. IMO, SLJ has the look but not the talk of how mace needs to be but its like opposite for LF. If LF looked like SLJ and talked the way he does, it would kill any critics or haters out there, HE WOULD OWN! even sidious hemhem.

DD Out.

jediwilldaddy
richard pryor

Cascador
Besides Sam..Denzel Washington...Most of the movies of Will Smith are crap besides sharktale and I, Robot...Michael Jackson...look would be a good choice cause he definatly looks like an alien. But with such a squeeky voice, no! (Music sequence arresting Palpatine, "because you're bad, you're bad we know it!"wink Will Smith is more for comedies and even in an action he's still plays a comedian part...Wesley Snipes...he expresses no intelligence, good fighter but dumb ass Jedi Master! Mister T...same thing as with wesley snipes! Morgan Freeman...Maybe but a little too old, he's fighting style would be less dynamic...I don't see Morgan Freeman do the moves Sam makes which are awesome...Like Gillard said Sam developped a style of his own!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.