BREAKING NEWS!!!... New Bond Named!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrokenClaw
British actor Daniel Craig picked as new James Bond

Wed Apr 6, 7:49 AM ET Entertainment - AFP

LONDON (AFP) - The producers of the hugely successful James Bond film franchise have chosen British actor Daniel Craig to take over the role of the suave super-spy, a report said.

The 37-year-old has been offered a three-film deal by Bond producer Barbara Broccoli and is expected to sign up formally in the next few weeks, The Sun newspaper reported Wednesday.

Craig, a tough-looking character actor who has mixed up appearances in many art-house titles with roles in blockbusters such as "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider", just beat fellow Briton Clive Owen for the role, the report said.

Craig would be the sixth Bond in the official series of films based on the novels by Ian Fleming, following Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and most recent incumbent Pierce Brosnan.

According to The Sun, Owen -- nominated for an Oscar this year for film "Closer" -- had told casting agents he did not want the job, although Broccoli was already favouring Craig.

While Craig remains relatively unknown outside Britain, he is well respected as an actor and also has the necessary reputation for being something of a Bond-esque ladies man, having recently dated supermodel Kate Moss.

Citing an unnamed "movie source", The Sun said that staff working at Eon Productions, which makes the Bond movies, had been told Craig would star in the next films.

"Daniel is the new 007. He is going through the deal with his lawyers. It's a big commitment for a minimum of 10 years, but he has indicated he will take the job," the source said.

Brosnan's last film as Bond was "Die Another Day" in 2002. Since then a string of possible replacements have been mooted, including Britons Jude Law and Ewan McGregor and Australian actors Hugh Jackman and Eric Bana.

Fleming's novels chronicling the adventures of the British spy codenamed 007 were first turned into a film in 1962, with "Dr No".

MildPossession
I just mentioned Daniel Craig in one of the Bond topics.

yerssot
BC... thanks, but I wouldn't call it breaking news.

From my understanding (http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=2291) the Sun made this rumor up (as is also said in your article), up till now that newspaper is known for doing nothing but writing gossips and blabant lies.
As mi6 said: they also said Colin Salmon would be the next Bond.

Especially the comparison with what their rivals did with Clive strenghtens me to believe that it's nothing but what they usualy write: gossip and lies

BrokenClaw
True...., but this article is from Yahoo! news. Usually, they are very reliable source, and would not have publish it on the internet if its all rubbish.... smokin'

dave123
...I was hoping for Bloom erm

NoFate007
http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=2295

Good. I don't think he looks the part. C'MON CLIVE!!

yerssot
so that shows never to trust The Sun wink

BrokenClaw
Now I'm really confused.... Anyway, my choice for Bond is Hugh Jackman. Daniel Craig doesn't look any closer from being a '00' agent... smokin'

Reborn Again
This dude? Hmm...

http://nicrator.free.fr/images/film5f3.jpg

starwing
Who's this guy in the photo?

Reborn Again
Daniel Craig -- the dude the article above talked about.

starwing
Well, he doesn't look like any kind of Bond here in this photo. He looks all made up here for whatever role the film he is in requires him to be. With the makeup and the acting required, we'll see if he can somehow zero in and perform the role of a James Bond in a way that can possibly be believable, agreeable, and entertaining to the audience.

Remember how people were very skeptical about having Hugh Jackman as Wolverine before the first X-man movie.

Clovie
is it OFFICIAL official?
or some-newspaper-claims-it-to-be-official offical?

yerssot
clovie: it's as fake as Michael Jackson's nose

Clovie
he still has nose? huh

anyway..i thought so.

yerssot
that's why it's fake wink

Clovie
and he didn't lose that fake one?

yerssot
I take it falls off from time to time wink

Clovie
and he is putting it back to place? eek!

yerssot
no, then he uses his mask wink

Clovie
so this is why he used it

yerssot
this is more breaking news than the new bond stick out tongue

Clovie
indeed it is eek!

yerssot
cause we know I will be it cool

starwing
Originally posted by yerssot
cause we know I will be it cool

Of course, that would probably be considered offensive to the The British Board of Film Censors and force them to consider using a whole lot of Jump Cuts. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Clovie
why? blink

yerssot
I would prefer them not using that technique too much wink

starwing
They'll tell you the cuts will be done to protect the viewing public, but don't believe a word they tell you. wink

Clovie
why?

(i'm repeating myself)

starwing
Originally posted by Clovie
why?

(i'm repeating myself)

They'll tell you the cuts will be done to protect the viewing public, but don't believe a word they tell you.

(me too)

Clovie
Originally posted by starwing
They'll tell you the cuts will be done to protect the viewing public, but don't believe a word they tell you.

(me too) pretect from what.
and i've heard what you say. but i don't understand

yerssot
They'll tell you the cuts will be done to protect the viewing public, but don't believe a word they tell you. wink
I'll show my moves on the red carpet then where no one can cut them out ... the world will be forever doomed big grin

starwing
Not if the British Board of Film Censors are there too. They'll probably be waiting with a fishing net. big grin

starwing
Originally posted by Clovie
pretect from what.
and i've heard what you say. but i don't understand

Clovie...we all don't understand the British Board of Film Censors. sad

Clovie
Clovie...we all don't understand the British Board of Film Censors. sad so i'm not alone

yerssot
Not if the British Board of Film Censors are there too. They'll probably be waiting with a fishing net. big grin
even for a tv show?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.