Hydroman vs Storm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kontraz
the man of water vs the woman of weather... who shall win? Personally, i'm pulling for hydroman.

AngryApocalypse
this is a horrible mismatch. Storm can create lightning! She'll DESTROY Hydro-Man before he can cry, " MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!"

cray z 4 sarah
im gonna go with storm because water conducts electricity and all it takes is one lightning bolt to do some serious damage to hydroman

stormfront13
storm easliy- she can freeze or fry him easily and both in seconds

Kontraz
umm... i'm sure all of you do realize that water DOES NOT conduct electricity at all!!!! Hydroman is made of pure water. Only water containing high concentrations of ions are good conductors. Hydroman is pretty much invulnerable to all electricity.

Edit: and storm, how can she freeze him? Yes, she can control the temp, but in his water form he is constantly in motion, which prevents something from freezing. And... um... how exactly do you fry water?

stormfront13
i'm not sure what to call it but you can't be near water when its lightning, thats why you get away from all water type things when it is lightning. this is also why lightning can go through the ground and through trees when its raining. and water is an elexcent conductor for electricity- do you just hate storm?

Heracles
Well Spiderman does have a habit of beating him using a power cable 99% of the time so the Lightning theory isn't so far off.

Does anyone remember the acts of vengeance when loki gave him brains so he could use his power properly and he killed both Wonderman and Hawkeye?

That turned out to be an alternate time line that was erased by Immortus but that Hydro man would kick Storms ass.

Hydro man is a case of a character who is virtually indestructible and very powerful but unfortunately has no clue how to use it properly.

Storm wins on the basis she can out think him.

stormfront13
even if hydro-man was super powerful couldn't she still beat him??

Kontraz
Originally posted by stormfront13
i'm not sure what to call it but you can't be near water when its lightning, thats why you get away from all water type things when it is lightning. this is also why lightning can go through the ground and through trees when its raining. and water is an elexcent conductor for electricity- do you just hate storm?

you cant be near water because lightning strikes the highest thing it can find (typically), and if you are the only thing near a lake, you are obviously the highest thing. And water has nothing to do with lightning striking trees. It does that, once again, because it is the highest thing it can find. And... rain has absolutely nothing to do with lightning... And yes, typically water is a good conductor of electricity, but not distilled water (which is what hydroman is made of). Distilled water is pure H20. Without extra ions, no electricity can run through it well. But, if its tap water, then electricity can jump from the dissolved ions and it becomes a good conductor.

and yes, i do have a personal ongoing war with the concept of storm, but this really would be a good fight. I mean, hydroman could probably do very little to storm in terms of damage, but what can storm do to him? Lightning wont effect him, he cant be frozen so long as he keeps his molecules moving (which is always), and storm can lift him with a tornado and throw him wherever she pleases, it wont do him much damage. So, like i said, this would be a very good fight, neither's powers would be very effective against the others.

Heracles
When he had smarts he was the same power level just know how to use his powers better and had a bomb as a fail safe.

Spiderman usually either evaporates him using power cables or mixes him like when they fought on a building site and he threw cement at him or when he forced him to run into Sandman.

If he has access to a water supply all the lightning in the world isn't going to boil him it would be like lightning striking the sea no effect.

And he wouldn't be electrocuted by it as Kontraz pointed out distilled water isn't a good conductor, Humans on the other hand conduct it quite well hence why we shouldn't be in the water if someone throws dumps live electrical equipment in it!

So if he was in water form he couldn't be electrocuted and I think it would take quite a few lightning bolts to make him evaporate.

I was thinking more of Storm generating a few tornado's and flinging some concrete at him or tricking him into merging with the sea.

Hydro man if written as a Global type villain rather than a street thug with no neck and even less brains would give the Avengers a run for there money.

Its his lack of brains and Imagination that let him down.

He could quite easily crush storm with a powerful enough water blast or encase her inside him and drown her if she got in close enough and let her guard down.

Hydro man winning is a possibility but he will probably defeat himself as per usual.

Onslaught2005
Storm can create lightning and shock the hell out of Hydro_man therefore, she Storm wins. It's so straight forward.

Kontraz
Originally posted by Onslaught2005
Storm can create lightning and shock the hell out of Hydro_man therefore, she Storm wins. It's so straight forward.

as i've already pointed out, lightning wont hurt him.

DarkCrawler
Hydro-Man can control moisture in peoples body and dry them to death...

Hydro-Man wins.

stormfront13
as others have pointed out spiderman has beaten his w/ electricity before and storm has more than enough of that. there is almost nothing that will help him win cause he can't do all thAt much to her. like others have said and now me he has been defeated w/ electricity and storm has tons of that. she takes thius easily imo

Kontraz
i have yet to see him beaten by electricity, and as hercules pointed out, he wasnt electricuted, he was eveaporated by the constant flow of electricity for an extended period of time. Meaning, hes not going to just stand there and allow one huge lightning bolt to keep striking him (impossible anyway, lightning is discontiunous) So i'm still saying Hydro will beat her in the end. He can hurt her physically, while she can do little (if anything) to him.

Onslaught2005
what an idiot Storm can shock him to death with lightning

stormfront13
say what you want but storm has had electricity flow through her for periods of time before. she can make it above 100 and then keep hitting him, or just use the one lightning bolt cause her's will most likely be stronger than the one spidey used

Kontraz
Originally posted by Onslaught2005
what an idiot Storm can shock him to death with lightning

umm... try reading the rest of the arguements before posting... really... you're embarassing yourself...

and how exactly will storm keep a constant flow of electricity going into hydroman? I mean, if he doesnt feel the pain, he isnt going to just stand there in agony letting it continue, he's giong to hit her, ceasing the attack wink

BENITO
STORM!!!!

DarkCrawler
HYDRO-MAN!!!

stormfront13
why couyldn't he do the same to spidey then?? spidey beat him w/ electricity before and storm can make the electricity stronger than the few wires spidey was using. besides she can just pick him up in a big tornado like the ones above the ocean and try to keep him in there and shock him from there. besides water can evaporate from heat and she can make it over 100 and can keep blasting him w/ lightning which can be over 50,000 degrees

DarkCrawler
She can't do all that before Hydro-Man dehydrates her.

Swanky-Tuna
why couyldn't he do the same to spidey then?? spidey beat him w/ electricity before and storm can make the electricity stronger than the few wires spidey was using. besides she can just pick him up in a big tornado like the ones above the ocean and try to keep him in there and shock him from there. besides water can evaporate from heat and she can make it over 100 and can keep blasting him w/ lightning which can be over 50,000 degrees
So Storm does all this. And Hydro-man reforms. What's going to happen next?

I think Storm will exhaust herself before she damages Hydro-man.

stormfront13
so she's gonna exhaust herself by shooting lightning?? i've never seen that happen

GalacticStorm
Storm can generate from her body what she calls lightning but in real world terms its an electrical discharge with the same power level as lightning. This electricity she generates herself can flow from her continuously as she has displayed countless times throughout the years and storm has mental control over its flow and can change its direction so wherever hydro goes it will hit the mark. Not only that but she can also summon actual lightning simultaneously. Storm is also capable of dramatically and quite speedily reducing the ambient moisture in the air. If spiderman can beat hydro with an electric cable then storm who can summon lightning, generate her own electrical discharges and dramatically reduce ambient moisture in the air could easily win. All she would hav to do is avoid his attacks which her flight capabilities and atmospheric control should anable her to do. I know some of u hate storm but its like accepting someone could beat a robot with a magnet then arguing against magneto being able to do the same.

GalacticStorm
Storm is highly resistant to atmospheric changes be they temperature or humidity related she can reduce or increase the humidity and ambient moisture levels in and around her person as all xmen readers know she has displayed before. Hydros ability to reduce the moisture in someones body to my knowledge has never been used to take out spiderman his major enemy and while i dont think she would be able to hold out indefinitely her natural high resistant to such changes within and around her person plus the nature of her abilities would allow her to resist and hold out long enough for her to evaporate that mutha.

Swanky-Tuna
so she's gonna exhaust herself by shooting lightning?? i've never seen that happen People have to sleep.

GalacticStorm
LOL

stormfront13
i don't much get it but if you think that hydro-man can win then just read galactic's post's cause he said it better than i ever could have

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.