Neverwinter Nights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
Hi all, writing you from Arizona right now--the hotel happened to have a computer available for public use.

Anyway, I was flipping through a guide for NVN and was completely baffled. I understand the basics of D&D--i.e., race, class, DC, rolling--but was lost on the other stuff. Is there a comprehensive guide to D&D rules that anyone could point me to? I have a ton of questions that "need" answering, some of them being the following:

1. Why do Sorcerors have Charisma-based casting?
2. I understand that Sorcerors have a limited number of 'perma-learned' spells...explain?
3. Why is the casting of spells limited per day?
4. Any other crap you feel like explaining...explain away!

See you all in a few days; I'll be checking back tomorrow.

vaya_the_elf
Well They try to go by Dnd as much as they can.

Neverwinter nights is one of my favorite games. It's very good rpg.

SaTsuJiN
I dont personally know offhand much neverwinter knights stuff.. but its definately a great role playing experience.. most of that 'rolling' happens behind the scenes.. check here for more in-depth answers http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/ .. unless someone who's hardcore into NwN happens to be here o_O

RaventheOnly
The reason everything is once a day casts is because the wizard sits down and must concentrate in rest to memorize all the spells and constatnly recite them in his head big grin but the sorcerer draws thier magic directly from within and thier understanding of themselves unlocks more power so charisma (in some sense confidence) is the driving force of a sorcerer. Sorcerers unlike wizard do not recite enchantations they just do it and that is why they are able to cast X number of spells Y number of times from Z level of spells big grin

FeceMan
^ Wow, that was undeniably (and surprisingly) helpful AND insightful. Thanks smile.

Sorcerors > Wizards, though, simply because 'sorceror' has a more visceral feel to it, hehe.

RaventheOnly
Originally posted by FeceMan
^ Wow, that was undeniably (and surprisingly) helpful AND insightful. Thanks smile.

Sorcerors > Wizards, though, simply because 'sorceror' has a more visceral feel to it, hehe.

Wizards are actually in the end powerfuller because they can learn more highend spells big grin sorcerers are good in Neverwinter if you wish to become a Red Dragon deciple (only sorcerers) Prestige class.

SaTsuJiN
yeah wiz's are cool.. just gotta makesure to keep checking your spellbook.. dont wanna walk into battle with a useless spell wink

FeceMan
Originally posted by RaventheOnly
Wizards are actually in the end powerfuller because they can learn more highend spells big grin sorcerers are good in Neverwinter if you wish to become a Red Dragon deciple (only sorcerers) Prestige class.
I just liked the name better, lol. Red Dragon Disciples are pretty cool (at least they look that way).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.