Wolverine vs Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

X-Logan
I read that this two had a brawl on the recent X4 mini...Who did win?

And who do you think would win in a fight?

Linkalicious
I would think The Thing in the long run, but he'd be pretty chipped up by the end.

I don't think Thing bleeds when he gets stabbed. I'm pretty sure he did'nt when Wolvie slashed his face in that F4 comic.

Logan can take the abuse and his fighting skills are better than Thing, but the Thing is a brawler and he does hit pretty hard.

Zahit
In a real fight, Thing should clobber Wolverine.
The claws are gonna hurt him bad, but one
good punch should realistically KO Wolvie....
Thing can go toe-to-toe with the Hulk....he should be able to take
some of Wolvie's punishment then take him out.

Mainstream
Thing don't bleed...his skin isn't unbreakable.but it's close...Logan could chip a way at Ben...but strength and durability have to go to Thing...now fight skill and drive to win would have to go to Logan.

Swanky-Tuna
Thing's also a skilled fighter. Maybe not "OGM I KILED A THOSAND NINJAS! SNIKT!" skilled but skilled none-the-less.

Mainstream
yeah...he's an experienced fighter not on Logan level but he could give Wolverine some trouble though.

who?-kid
Though Wolverine is overrated and is basically just a very tough street level hero, I can actually see him winning this one.

Logan can survive a few hits from Thing, but can Thing survive a pair of claws in his brains ? I doubt it...

Xplosive
Thing could crush him, unless Wolverine would stab him really good, but objectilvly, Thing should be able to smash Wolverine.

X-Logan
Anyone read the mini X-Men Fantastic four?

Zahit
Realistically, Logan should not be awake after ONE punch from Thing.
Getting knocked-out has nothing to do with bone damage. One clean
punch should rock Logan's brain so bad he'd be done.
Boxers of equal strength knock each other out all the time.
The Thing can lift 85 tons and keep up with the Hulk.

Mainstream
true...but though the power of bad writing...and wolverine vast fame...I'd bet the farm he'd win a fight.

Linkalicious
Of course Grim isn't on Wolvie's level in terms of hand-to-hand combat skills, but I'd like to believe he's a good enough hand-to-hand fighter to avoid getting his brain skewered by Wolverine's claws.

Zahit
Originally posted by Mainstream
true...but though the power of bad writing...and wolverine vast fame...I'd bet the farm he'd win a fight.
true.
but we're not those retarded inconsistent knuckleheads.
I look at these fights from a realistic standpoint.
Comic book realism of course, but you know what I mean...
Just because some asswipe wrote Logan healing from a nuke,
doesn't mean i'm gonna take that crap as canon.

Mainstream
me too...if thing gets the first hit...it's goodnight Logan...thought the healing factor and the metal skull protection would prevent Logan from getting any long term brain damage.

jinzin
yep, It don't matter what realistically wolvie should be KOed by, he's been hit by class 80 and above on mutliple occasions and usually tends to shrug those off. Besides how many times has wolverine been JOed by say HULK like what twice out of the 7 or 8 times they've fought and both times he did it wolverine wasn't looking. I agree that wolverine SHOULD be knocked the **** out, but in terms of his character, he should be able to take anything the thing throws at him. on the other hand thing can't do anything if he's being stabbed. He'll get jacked.

Linkalicious
But based on their appearances together and in terms of Thing's character.....he wouldn't get all sliced to hell.

goes both ways...

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Zahit
true.
but we're not those retarded inconsistent knuckleheads.
I look at these fights from a realistic standpoint.
Comic book realism of course, but you know what I mean...
Just because some asswipe wrote Logan healing from a nuke,
doesn't mean i'm gonna take that crap as canon.
Hey, when you're feeling down, look at a clown.
http://members.lycos.co.uk/zanpanzer/Wolverine_KO1.jpg
EH--?!

Linkalicious
Pimps up...Hoes Down.

jinzin
juggs "feel my pimp hand beeeeaaaatch!"

But seriously logans taken more punishment than that before, bad writing or not, and i thought logan could stab thing with ease. He did it when he sliced his face up and he did it again in enemy of the state when he punched a few holes in things arm with ease.

Zahit
Now that's what a hit from someone uber-strong should do to Logan.
He'll heal and get back up, but it takes a little time.....

jinzin
well it SHOULD anyay. BUT BY THE POWER OF HE FANBOYS it won't,

Linkalicious
The Thing vs. Wolverine fight where Thing's face got scratched up was kinda half ass though.

Everyone was either trying to save Johnny or hurt him. There wasn't true animosity amongst the 8 involved, but something set Wolverine off....he even apologized for it. one on one would be different.

And you're right, Wovlerine is fully capable of dicing his body up, I just said Thing was a good enough fighter to avoid getting a claw imbedded in his brain.

jinzin
oh I understand know. yeah I was just think of enemy of the state where wolvie ran through ben in about 10 seconds, after ben got the drop on him. If Thing starts picking up light poles and batting wolvie around with them then yeah he'll probably get the advantage, but again, he tried that in enemy of the state, and we all saw how well that worked for him.

BENITO
I'm sure this was done before.

Zahit
In "Enemy of the State," Wolverine dropping Thing with ONE HIT is
utter bullshit. Thing can take repeated beatings from the Hulk and
still get up for more, but he goes down on his hands and knees....
....doggy-style....cause of ONE SHOT from Wolverine.....BULLSHIT.

Heracles
You know I can remember way back when Wolverine was a character who wasn't the all powerful hairy short arse he is now.

I long for those days when he was actually an interesting character to read when I biker with brass knucks could hit him and take his eye out and he would have to hold it in for a while while he healed.

I long for those days.

His battles against the Hulk were believable because he used his speed and agility advantage and the Hulk could only land glancing blows.

Now it feels like he can just stand toe to toe with anyone and take full force hits get up come back and even though he hasn't got super strength himself knock them through a wall!

I agree he could give Ben some trouble and maybe even take this one to a draw but knocking him out with ONE SHOT!!!!!!

Not on his best day!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.