Artemis Fowl movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

howl_for_fowl
OMG!!! PEOPLE!!!! ARTEMIS FOWL!!! MOVIE!!!!

Who do y'all think Artemis is played by?! or Holly Short? or Butler and Juliet?!!!!? cummon...talk to me i got 2 know!!!!!

kiyana_ayame
I can't wait for this film to come out I love the books so much. Does anyone know when it's out? They better get it right, stick to the books otherwise they'll just ruin it. I dunno who they'll get to play all the characters but they better look the part or i wont be very happy.

crazy_c
cool me's cant wait

MCElite
check out the artemis fowl thread in the bk discucission forum i think they know more there smile

chimp
this has jack all to do with the movies, but any one who has read supernatrulists and artic incident, may have noticied this

the leader of the super natrulists is called STEFAN BASHKIR

in artic incedent, artimus says that he will go as STEFAN BASHKIR, the chess master, and butler will be his uncle. do you think this is a coincidence?

IceWithin
cool!!
Daniel Radcliffe would b great artemis, but since he's already HP... it would be cheesy...

Phoenix
does anyone know when its coming out?

Filmmaker451
I hate to say this but it's been awhile back since I heard about making an artemis fowl movie I'm sure there would atleast be a release date or somethin' or any info but none. Ya think they some how cancelled the production? Hopefully it's just a gigantic delay that will go away soon. Not that i read the books but I'm really looking forward to how this movie turns out... That is if there is a movie.

Lord Yoda
who is rumored to play Artemis?

titalice
Wow, Artemis Fowl THE MOVIE?! I never knew about this! I'm soooo excited and I loved the books so much! I even think of becoming a Director when I'm older and used to think I'll make an awesome movie of this one day! Now it's coming out! I'm going to see it right away and yes... who is going to play Artemis, Juliet, Butler and I can't remember if Mulch in the first one? Tell me!!!!!!!!

gotham_vigilant
It's scheduled to come out 2005, but there isn't even a cast listed on IMDB. What's up with that?

Pirate_monkey
COOL! i loved that book!

Darth Xanatos
i heard that the guy who plays malfoy in HP is Artemis.

sordsnbld
dude its gonna be awsome but not as awsome as deltora. but awsome.

danellemarie3
i movie would be sooooooooo awesome!!!!! Those books are my faves!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!

Gen. Grevious
An Artemis Fowl movie yay! ive read all the books its so cool

??????
ARTEMIS FOWL MOVIE!!!!! big grin big grin big grin

I've done some research and I have found out that the original release date was moved forward because of high travel costs (they will be filming in Ireland), they hope to finally start filming this summer and release it sometime in 2006. as far as I can tell there is nothing posted on who is in the cast although there are roumors Camron Diaz will be Holly Short (if you know anything is pls tell!!!), the movie is directed by Larry Guterman (the director of son of the mask, cats and dogs and antz) and is produced by Robert De Niro and Jane Rosenthal. The production compony is alliance atlantis and will be released by mirimax films. The script will be written by John Stockwell.

I'll try find more, but for now thats all I have. Happy Dance

byte366
Ok this is what I have found out about the artemis fowl movie: the boy originally cast to play artemis(the guy talked about below) got too old to be in the movie. There were some arguments so the production was DELAYED not cancelled THANK GOD!!!! I personally cant wait for the movie and it is rumored to come out summer/ winter of 06 but maybe longer because of the delay. Keep me posted ppls

ttyl ppl Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing eek! ITS COMING!!!!!!!!!

WindDancer
Moving to MDF....

PinstripePapaya
omg! an artemis fowl movie?? the books are lUSH, i think that tom felton guy would make a great artemis, he is a little old now tho to be fair

Movie_Geek_
I hope they do a good job with it. They are making a TON of books into movies and who knows how they will turn out. there is going to be a relay big run of them at the end of the year and all of next year that is for shure. I have a room FULL of books I am nuts about reading but I hate when they ruin a book in a movie which means it ruins the book for a lot of people who have not read them.

Movie_Geek_
I have all the Artimas books and even the new 4th one but I think the 3rd one is the best.

PinstripePapaya
omg theres a 4th one?? is it out in the UK?

Movie_Geek_
I do not know but it is called The Opal Incident. Opal from the 2nd book makes a came back and try to get revenge on Artemas, Butler, Root, and Holly.

chaos9
i tried out for the part of artemis in california and i was picked as next backup

MerMorgan02
OMG, SPOILER CAPTAIN HERE!!!!! I READ THE 4TH BOOK, AND OMG, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! can I strangle opal? Puh-LEEZ??? Holly kicks butt.

I can't believe that Root died!!!

gold = power
cameron diaz is supposed to play holly

gold = power
Originally posted by MerMorgan02
OMG, SPOILER CAPTAIN HERE!!!!! I READ THE 4TH BOOK, AND OMG, IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! can opal strangle me? Puh-LEEZ??? Holly kicks butt.

I can't believe that Root died!!!

gold = power
if you were smart you would know that the auditions for the movie were in ireland

gold = power
Originally posted by gold = power
if you were smart you would know that the auditions for the movie were in ireland chaos 9

MerMorgan02
OK, calm down w/ the posting, g=p. wink

Notavailable
I'd say that if Tom Felton weren't too old, and busy doing the Harry Potter movies, he would have been a great choice! Are you sure that it's him Darth Xanatos? Cause in the first Artemis book he's suppose to be 11 and Tom Felton (the guy who plays Malfoy) is 17. You can hardly pass a 17 year old for an 11 year old. No offense to Cepheus, but I can't really see Daniel Radcliff as Artemis. Maybe they make a new find. That'd be good. It's always nice when the movie gets a new face from the acting world, that way you associate the kid with that movie not whatever else they have done. Ah, if only Tom Felton were a few years younger, he'd be perfect!

Notavailable
I can't wait until the next book comes out either. At the moment it's supposedly called the Lost Colony but of course seeing as the books still in works its likely to change. Titles are usually one of the last things that are decided on. Especially if you want it to be a good title. Otherwise yoy'd wind up with a really basic title that doesn't describe much about the book.

Notavailable
---------------------

MerMorgan02
this is getting boring. stick out tongue
if they don't mak the movie soon, someone's gonna b put on my egg list...perminantly!

kylehpbfofcho
I heard it's a young U.S. boy named Sanny Juresic. About 12 years old....

Susan-Storm
The Books Look strange.. but thats what i think are they any good

MerMorgan02
It's good...I just hope that if they make it into a movie, they don't mutalate the book like they did to The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Susan-Storm
Heh Yea but i still like that movie.

deathrose
ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait i love the books i bet the movies going to be grear

deathrose
ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait i love the books i bet the movies going to be great

Lord Magnus
Seconded!!!

Jokerinthedeck
OMG! this is so cool! I just hope that whoever ends up playing Artemis is good. It would be hard to find a 12-year-old who could be sinister enough.devil2

Momochi Zabuza
Someone have told me that the film got failed. Hope that was a lie

MerMorgan02
No clue. NEway, there's upposed to b a new book, which is always good....

Momochi Zabuza
Do you mean Opal Deception?

superstarmike27
no, he means artemis fowl: the lost colony it is about a race of demons that got banished long ago but now they are starting to come back in random places and artemis is the only one that can stop them or even predict where they will come up next.

Lycan5100
I hoap they make a movie its been delayed so many times. I LOVE the books and can't wait for The Last Colony. The good news is that Eoin Colfer is going to right anouther book after book after The Last Colony can't wait. smile

Who thinks Rachel Leigh cook would be a Great Holly,i had a pic but can't post it sad

Carla_Frazetti
Who here likes the "Half Moon Investigations" book? Me, I LOVE it. Eoin is SUCH a good writer...

southpark19
halle berry play holly (bond girl in die another day)

butler will be played by Jason Statham

and their are rumors going arond that tom felton who played draco malfoy in harry potter might play artemis. This is not likely because Tom Felton is 18, and Artemis Fowl is 12 in the first book.

i am not sure if this is corect, but i found it off many websites because i am just as sicked as you r, plus i am as bored as hell

southpark19
halle berry play holly (bond girl in die another day)

butler will be played by Jason Statham

and their are rumors going arond that tom felton who played draco malfoy in harry potter might play artemis. This is not likely because Tom Felton is 18, and Artemis Fowl is 12 in the first book.

i am not sure if this is corect, but i found it off many websites because i am just as sicked as you r, plus i am as bored as hell

movie_freak132
keriya knightly , Is probably going to play Holly Short be in the Movie I read it on Answers.com

rebecca.marie
i was just watching house m.d. and i think nick lane would be pretty good for artemis.

Toku King
It was supposed to come out in 2002.

Toku King
Originally posted by Movie_Geek_
I hope they do a good job with it. They are making a TON of books into movies and who knows how they will turn out. there is going to be a relay big run of them at the end of the year and all of next year that is for shure. I have a room FULL of books I am nuts about reading but I hate when they ruin a book in a movie which means it ruins the book for a lot of people who have not read them.

Case in point 'The Golden Compass'. One of the best fantasy books of all time, but one of the most horrible films of 2007.

lil0babyangel
I really hope there will be be an art fowl movie it would be soo cool but i hope they have an Irish person playing arty- i mean Artemis fowl is Irish so it will be cool i guess (dont ask me).

AC/DC'S_LVR
so awesome
itd better be good when it finally comes out

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.