The best Star Trek series

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Electrocat
What would you say would have been the best Star Trek series? I like them all, but the most entertaining for me was The Next Generation!
I'd love to hear your thoughts!

pr1983
Does this not go in the TV section?

Anyway... DS9 the best, TNG close behind...

Electrocat
Sorry dude I thought it belonged in the Sci-Fi section - I'm new here anyway! Have mercy... :P

pr1983
No biggie... happens to all of us... TNG fan eh?

Electrocat
Yeah. I guess DS9 wuz ok, i like Quark or what is his name?

pr1983
Originally posted by Electrocat
Yeah. I guess DS9 wuz ok, i like Quark or what is his name?

yeah its quark...

for me the last two or three seasons of ds9 were pure tv gold...

Electrocat
you reckon so eh.

I think the Borg rule!

Red Superfly
The only one I could remotely, even think about watch was Voyager - mainly because it was like Red Dwarf with the whole lost in space thing.

Actually the concept behind Voyager is funnier than Red Dwarf, in a sense. I mean, you'd expect the mickey mouse crackpot team of Red Dwarf to get lost - but not a whole Starship of the finest experts known to man lol!

ragesRemorse
Enterprise is the good stuff

SnakeEyes
Voyager is the one I used to watch all the time, so I say it. With TNG close behind. I really do not like Enterprise, because Captain Archer is kind of a loser so I stopped watching it.

ChickinMeat
My vote goes to The Next Generation i believe

pr1983
Originally posted by Electrocat

I think the Borg rule!

yes they do...

BAILY
Captain Picard forever my friends...... TNG forever...

Now I will argue DS9 had better writers

Electrocat
Oh thank you - I'm glad to see that people are voting in my poll! So far it looks like TNG rules! But keep voting...

pr1983
Originally posted by BAILY
Captain Picard forever my friends...... TNG forever...

Now I will argue DS9 had better writers

I always preferred Sisko or Kirk... Picard overdid the Diplomat thing too much imo...

jaden101
next generation for me...it brought in so much cool stuf...the borg...the Q continuem...the dysons sphere...loads of god like beings that could kill entire races just with thought

my favourite episodes

encounter at far point
Q who
best of both worlds
I borg

i did like the episode of voyager with the guy from robocop in it...the one with the ship that could alter events through time...the guy was obsessed with getting his wife back that he was changing the entire galaxies history to get her back

Mr Parker
Thats easy.the original.The Next Generation sucks.

ragesRemorse
enterprise is where it's at.

starwing
Should have a selection for the two best series. No way I'm going to chose between the original Star Trek and ST:TNG (both of them actually under Rodenberry's command--for ST:the Next Generation it was for 5 seasons of it).

Best to pick 'em both together.

pr1983
Originally posted by jaden101
i did like the episode of voyager with the guy from robocop in it...the one with the ship that could alter events through time...the guy was obsessed with getting his wife back that he was changing the entire galaxies history to get her back

it was called the year of hell...

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
enterprise is where it's at.

i actually enjoyed it, it wasnt bad in parts, and they explained the whole klingon forehead thing rather well imo...

Electrocat
next generation for me...it brought in so much cool stuf...the borg...the Q continuem...the dysons sphere...loads of god like beings that could kill entire races just with thought

my favourite episodes

encounter at far point
Q who
best of both worlds
I borg

Q is cool. Thats right.
But between the Borg and the Q, (my favourie baddie) I'd say the Borg rule. I like the episode where they had the Borg and they called him Hugh. It was in the 5th season i think...

jaden101
the borg resitance is futile...just ask my little pony

http://www.in-my-opinion.org//files/borg_pony.jpg

eleveninches
DS9 is my favourate. The last 3 seasons were SOOO cool. I have the last season on DVD

TNG was very good, but it was similar throughout, and usually better than the first season of DS9.

eleveninches
/\laughing out loud @ the pony

eleveninches

I often thought during that episode that the guy should eliminate his own ship from the timeline, and then he would end up with his wife not being killed

eleveninches
TNG was the biggest step forward in trek history, and it was really cool at the time, but the later seasons of DS9 (after worf joined) were so much better written, and the charachters were developped so much more.

Jedi_Snake
Star Trek: Enterprise is definitely my favorite...too bad its been cancelled...the these last few episodes are getting really interesting...heh...my least favorite is Deep Space Nine....

mumathul
deep space nine is the one i fell in love with so i gotta stick with that smile

BENITO
Next generation cause I like Data

redcaped
I love Data & Lore! I remember all about it but what comes to mind now is Q arguing with Geordi "do what you're suppose to do or get the hell out of here" "who does he think he is" "he thinks he's in charge and he's correct"

Koenig
The original series of course, so what, the off shoots had better effects which dose not make up for wooded and bland acting and clinical story lines. Long live Star Trek the original series its the best. big grin cool

redcaped
TNG

redcaped
Data-Lore episode right now on 44 (spike)

redcaped
Yes, it took this long (with commercials)

Scarecrow756
Hands down the original series for me. Long live the original Star Trek. rock

redcaped
Wrath of Khan?

Scarecrow756
Hay guys lets post some more in this thread cause if this thread becomes more popular then I might be able to raise to Raz to have a Star Trek forum.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Greetings Resistance is futile Star Trek The Next Generation will always be the best Trek ever earregardless of Kirk n SApock and McCoy. Luv Star Trek but TNG is my favorite.

Schecter
1- ds9

2- tng

3-voyager

never cared for the original series and couldnt STAND enterprise.

DARKLORDCAEDUS
Originally posted by Schecter
1- ds9

2- tng

3-voyager

never cared for the original series and couldnt STAND enterprise.

What was wrong with Kirk and Spock?

andwii
Here is my order

5. DS9
4. Enterprise
3. TNG
2. TOS
1. Voyager

The actors of DS9 are horrible... Captian Archer is to much of a wuss. Picard is great. We are borg!!! William Shatner is god! Voyager has a good story line. Its one you can get hooked to. You become part of the crew and... I am almost done with voyager series. I am 14 and I started getting into star trek about 3 mounths ago. Next I am doing TNG then TOS. I might watch enterprise and DS9 is horrible. I can't wait for the new series but I am pissed that my god shatner is not in it. It will be a sad series but I will watch it because of who plays scotty. I miss the TOS actors. Why did they die so young (well they were very old... lol) Thats my 2 cents worth...

kodak
Best to worst.

TNG.
TOS.
Voy.
DS9.

and as far as im concerned, Enterprise never happened crackers

most liked, to least liked.

Voy.
TNG.
TOS.
DS9.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by kodak
Best to worst.

TNG.
TOS.
Voy.
DS9.

and as far as im concerned, Enterprise never happened crackers

most liked, to least liked.

Voy.
TNG.
TOS.
DS9.

what didn't you like about DS9?

kodak
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what didn't you like about DS9? everything

Alessandro17
For me it used to be Voyager. But now I am watching every episode and I am beginning to have second thoughts. Too many episodes are redundant, some have even a very silly plot. Till now some of the worst (in my opinion) seem to be "Course: Oblivion" and "Fury", which is in total contradiction with the beautiful episode when Kes transcends humanity.

starlock
TOS
VOY
DS9
TNG
ENT

BTW...there is a Star Trek section nowadays.......just to let those who dont know...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f103/

Yahoo69
If there's any series that's most memorable and often discussed, it's either the original or TNG but since I grew up in the 90s and preferred the epic TOS movies over the actual original show, I will definitely go with TNG, especially since it's aged beyond nicely.

DS9 is underrated but didn't really get going until Worf joined the cast and they did have some bizarre episodes devoted to Ferengis so ...

Voyager was rather weak and by the time it got better, it was already about to end. The Borg episodes and acting was the only real highlights. Enterprise would've been enjoyed had it not been a prequel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.