Superman vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magee
This would be one hell of a fight.

Two of my favourite comic characters going at it. Obviously it's post crisis Superman and Thanos has no IG or HOTU. This could turn out to be one hell of a fight with Superman just edging it with his speed advantage.

Please discuss smile

Xplosive
Thanos would crush him, Thanos would win.

ZephroCarnelian
This has been done before.

Thanos is beyond Post-Crisis Superman.

Supes might be able to match him for speed and strength.

But Thanos doesn't bother with them anyway.

He'd stand there and take everything that Supes dishes out, laugh and then launch a blast of cosmic energy.

I love Supes, he rocks. But post-crisis, he doesn't stand a chance again the Big T.

Magee
And how does he not?

Post crisis is stronger and faster than Thanos and just one blast of cosmic energy isnt gonna put Superman down.

GalacticStorm
Who's to say post crisis supes is stronger? At base level then yeah he probably is but thanos is an eternal and can augment his abilities through absorbing cosmic energy. Silver surfer is a lot faster than supes but that didnt giv him any advantage in his fights against thanos.

Magee
Sure Thanos can augment his strength through cosmic means but he couldnt do it as to be as strong as Superman. SS is also no way as strong as Supes and in the end this is gonna come down to sheer strength.

Swanky-Tuna
...it'll probably come down to Thanos backhanding Superman for a KO

GalacticStorm
Sheer strength is far from the deciding factor. Please read up on Thanos cos this guy regularly fights galactus and holds his own. In that crossover galactus owned superman wiv a gesture and made him his b***h. Strength wise theyre too even for strength to be a deciding factor. Thanos has taken on many superstrengthed people singlehandedly and won. Thor,silver surfer and hulk for example. Silver surfer would own supes by the way hes faster more powerful and while its debatable if his base strength can match supes with the power cosmic he would fry supes arse bk to DC

ZephroCarnelian
Thanos is outrageously powerful. He can kick Surfer's ass.

Magee - are you saying that current Supes could hand Surfer his ass...?

Xplosive
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Who's to say post crisis supes is stronger? At base level then yeah he probably is but thanos is an eternal and can augment his abilities through absorbing cosmic energy. Silver surfer is a lot faster than supes but that didnt giv him any advantage in his fights against thanos.

Silver Surfer can fly at 1000000 mph, this is not lightspeed, but still Thanos would crush Superman.

GalacticStorm
where did u get that from xplosive cos i read silver surfer and he can travel at warp speeds if need be.

Maestro
Thanos>Silver Surfer>Superman

GalacticStorm
Thank u

ZephroCarnelian
Yeah - when Surfer's on his board, he can pretty much travel as fast as he likes.

Plus, with the Power Cosmic, he can whupp Supes ass. He doesn't need to match him in terms of brute strength.

And Thanos can turn Surfer into a smear, so logically, he'd own Superman.

Xplosive
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
where did u get that from xplosive cos i read silver surfer and he can travel at warp speeds if need be.

I read it on http://www.classicmarvel.com/cast/silversurfer.htm, I am not for sure, I read some comics about Silver, but there wasn't meniotned he can fly at warp speeds, well I haven't read that many, so I looked up on classic, but they can be wrong.

Sentry
Silver Surfer can fly beyond light speed. 186,282.4 per second is the speed of a light. 670616640 is the miles per hour. That speed he can traverse easily. He can go way beyond that.

Sentry
BTW, Thanos would crush Superman. Post or Pre-Crisis.

Jason8200
I am not sure but didnt Darkseid and Thanos fight before and Darkseid beat him with his Omega Beams and then Thanos came back or something? If Darkseid could beat Thanos and Superman has recently kicked the sh*t out of Darkseid then theoretically Superman should win.
Superman would win strength and speed wise but factoring in their other skills and strengths and with Thanos having Power Cosmic there is no way.
Superman loses.

who?-kid
I couldn't care less who wins, because both are overrated, but neither is going down without hurting the other.

I can see them both win, but if Superman underestimates Thanos, he's dead.

kgkg
Thanos >>> Silver Surfer > Gladiator >> Superman

Superman is no match for Thanos.

the Darkone
Thanos will make superman his slave. Thanos powers are superior then sperman's. Thanos can't die by no means, he is just as strong as thor more powerful than the silver surfer and highly intellagence. And thanos is over 5,000 years old, and has experience in different fighting styles. Wait a minute he will just mind f**k superman turning his brain into pudding.

David Duchovony
Superman won't win this. Thanos>Silver Surfer>Gladiator>Thor (without hammer)=Superman

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by Jason8200
I am not sure but didnt Darkseid and Thanos fight before and Darkseid beat him with his Omega Beams and then Thanos came back or something? If Darkseid could beat Thanos and Superman has recently kicked the sh*t out of Darkseid then theoretically Superman should win.
Superman would win strength and speed wise but factoring in their other skills and strengths and with Thanos having Power Cosmic there is no way.
Superman loses.

Never happened.

In the crossover, Thanos fights Parallax, and kicks his ass.

the Darkone
I saw that crossover, what's the name of that crossover

kgkg
i have that cross over i will post some scans if anyone wants me to holla.

kgkg
look at how powercosmic wips GL ass part 1

kgkg
look at how powercosmic wips GL ass part 2

kgkg
look at how powercosmic wips GL ass part 3

kgkg
a

kgkg
look at how powercosmic wips GL ass part 4

kgkg
look at the power that is Thanos

kgkg
parralax and thanos is next

the Darkone
come on kgkg I'm waiting. Can you give me the name of that crossover

savagerampage
those were great scans superman stands no chance.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by the Darkone
I saw that crossover, what's the name of that crossover DC/MARVEL Crossover Classics IV.

Heracles
Thanos is by far my favourite Marvel Bad Guy.

Loved the infinity war where Drax and Thanos and Warlock are still standing surrounded by Earth's heros and someone says

"What does it take to put these three down?"

Thanos hits back with

"More than you cretins possess"

Hes such a bad ass and a smart ass with it gotta love that!

I think this one has Thanos written all over it.

kgkg
Originally posted by the Darkone
come on kgkg I'm waiting. Can you give me the name of that crossover

it's from the One shots Comic : Unholy Alliances

kgkg
Thanos va Parralax ( Thanos steal the Oa's power , and Parralax has Surfers power Cosmic )

kgkg
part 2

kgkg
part 3

kgkg

kgkg
last

Onslaught2005
Thanos can send psionic blasts. Superman aint immune to psychic blasts.

Magee
ok for sum reason this fight sounded better in my head. Well i guess ur rite, Thanos would win this one. I still think it would be a good fight though blink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.