Sentry vs Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

David Duchovony
Can Sentry open a can of whoopass on the Norse god?

Zahit
no.

leonheartmm
most definately YES.

demigawd
Too little is known about Sentry to conclude.

David Duchovony
Use what you know.

Zahit
Odin's powers are both magic and cosmic related.
Odin took down Surtur.
Odin has proven to be more powerful than Thanos.
Odin is super-humanly intelligent and wise.
Odin is a sky-Father. Sky-Fathers are powerful on a cosmic scale.
Odin has a goddamn eight-legged horse, two smart ravens and two immortal wolves.

DarkCrawler
And one eye.

demigawd
A lot of Sentry's feats are hearsay. when he stalemated Galactus, we heard it from Spiderman. We didn't see it so we didn't know how hungry he was or what exactly "stalemate" means. If Spiderman saw Thor drive away G, he wouldn' have said, "using an Odin-enhanced Godblast, he beat up G!", he would have just said Thor whooped G. And we all know Thor isn't more powerful than G. The reader is robbed of context.

So Sentry's power may range from around Thor level, in which case Odin destroys him to Galactus level, in which case he beats Odin. If I had a guess I would put him in the former category and give the win to Odin.

Zahit
I highly doubt Sentry is on Galactus's level.
Just a hunch.

Zahit
and one eye.

guy222
Originally posted by Ming Tea!
Can Sentry open a can of whoopass on the Norse god?

Odin stomps Bob

tkitna
Sentry

Nikkolas
Now you've gone too far.

Yes Sentry could PWN Black Adam but he is not even scratching the All-Father.

llagrok
Odin easily.

Charlotte DeBel
Odin with ease.

SevenShackles
sentry impresses odin with the amount of pure punishment he is able to take. but in the end gets taken down.

tkitna
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Now you've gone too far.

Lol!!!

I know, but being a the fanboy that I am, its a rule for me that I cant vote against him until I see him physically beaten down. Until then its Bob.

llagrok
Originally posted by tkitna
Lol!!!

I know, but being a the fanboy that I am, its a rule for me that I cant vote against him until I see him physically beaten down. Until then its Bob.

Okay, go check out his fight with she-ultron.

That's a stupid rule btw.

severance
Gotta be Odin he's cosmic level. He's design to be above your common hero that may appear in a strip. Odin will never have his own regular strip cos he is so powerful it would be dull to read.

Evo
I think it would depend on where they are fighting. If they fought in Asgard, Odin would have home-feild advantage.....but since the city is made of shiny gold and rainbows...that gives Sentry a lot of photons to power him to unimaginable limits.

Hitman911
Wiki Wiki Wiki!!!!

The Sentry's powers derive from a serum that moves his molecules an instant ahead of the current timeline, although he also absorbs solar radiation for strength. Even though most of his powers and their limits are unknown, he displays several abilities including vast superhuman strength, superhumanly acute senses, superspeed, durability and the power of flight. The professor in Sentry Reborn states that his powers are virtually limitless and the sentry has been called a living god.

The Sentry has been shown to be able to easily lift tremendous weights, but was unable to stop the S.H.I.E.L.D. carrier from crashing without the help of Wonder Man and Miss Marvel. His speed is great enough to catch bullets, and through flight he can travel to the sun and back in a matter of minutes. Nick Fury has stated that S.H.I.E.L.D. has not yet found a way to kill the Sentry, and Iron Man's scanners have found no physical weaknesses in his body. His strength and invulnerability have officially been listed at the same level as Thor, and Hercules.

The Sentry also has superhuman senses as he once told an opponent that he can see his nerve centers and claimed to be able to "hear a butterfly's heartbeat in Africa" from New York City. He can project energy fields and control light, and he uses his mental powers in his daily life, although they are primarily used for holding his physical form together. He was once able to implant his memories inside another person's mind. He can also emit a radiation that pacifies the Hulk, severely limiting the latter's rage-fueled power. His main weakness may be that he's been shown as susceptible to mental manipulation.

During World War Hulk' Spider-Man and a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent separately state that they consider the Sentry as the most powerful superhero on the planet, with the Hulk as second, and Black Bolt as third. In the comic Sentry: Reborn Reynolds told one of his opponents that he has never shown the full measure of his power. He has also boasted, in New Avengers #24 and again in Civil War - The Return, that he has the "power of a million exploding suns". The serum he drank was stated as being a hundred thousand times stronger than the original used on Captain America, and was modified by Weapon X.

quanchi112
odin would straight whip his ass.

Lord S
Originally posted by demigawd
A lot of Sentry's feats are hearsay. when he stalemated Galactus, we heard it from Spiderman. We didn't see it so we didn't know how hungry he was or what exactly "stalemate" means. If Spiderman saw Thor drive away G, he wouldn' have said, "using an Odin-enhanced Godblast, he beat up G!", he would have just said Thor whooped G. And we all know Thor isn't more powerful than G. The reader is robbed of context.

So Sentry's power may range from around Thor level, in which case Odin destroys him to Galactus level, in which case he beats Odin. If I had a guess I would put him in the former category and give the win to Odin. Ne'er have truer words been spoken.

I really miss demigawd...he was like one of the only people on here who really knew what he was talking about.

hush
Originally posted by Nikkolas
Now you've gone too far.

no way. BA kills bob.

h1a8
what's up with this thread?
Sentry is weak to physical hits (just ask Iron Man and Hulk).
Odin spears him in the head with Gungnir.
or Odin bfr's him to another dimension.
And can Odin mind rape?

basilisk
Originally posted by Zahit
and one eye.

Sentry dodges around landing punches while staying on Odin's blind side and taking advantage of the omnipotent All-Father's poor depth perception.

guy222
odin

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by leonheartmm
most definately YES. You be good.

Odin wins.

Mindset
Sentry speedblitz him~!

wolverex84
you joking right.......... no contest here.. Odin will tear him

SuperiorTech
Odin looks at Sentry calls Thor and goes on to tend to more important business.

Mindset
Sentry speedblitz Thor, then takes Mjolnir and smacks Odin upside the head with it at ftl speeds.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by Mindset
Sentry speedblitz Thor, then takes Mjolnir and smacks Odin upside the head with it at ftl speeds.

Like how he blitz hulk confused

Mindset
WWH is stronger and faster than Thor and Odin.

Mindset
im not serious

SuperiorTech
I know.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.