New Scenes aired on TV

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Amidala
Hey guys,

Thought you might like to know, my local TV station has been playing the OT for the past few weeks. At the very end of the movies ( annoyingly before the end credits ) they have been playing 5 - 10 minute feature hosted by R2D2 and C3PO.

Apart from the fact that they decided to let everyone know that Vader turns back to the good side - horrifying my friend that had never seen the trilogy before ( We were up to EPIV, yah! ), they did show some very interesting footage and released a couple of cool peices of info.

There were two scenes:

1. An extended taxi chase scene where Ob1 and Anakin are chasing the bounty hunter. I had never seen it like this before and i have seen all of the images and video. My first reaction was WOW. Anakin and ob1 were flying at one stage, Anakin was flying the taxi and ob1 was flying down to land in the passenger seat. It looked amazing and the exchange of banter between the two was quite funny as well, it is obvious they take the mickey out of each other continually. Anakin was flying in another scene. The look and feel of the shots was sensational and i think they will be great on the big screen.

2. The Jango and Ob1 fight was aired, or at least edited sequences, again i had never seen this before. you could see Bobba standing next to Slave I warning Jango that Ob1 was behind him, then the fight started and without giving too much away bobba was the difference in the fight a few times, ob1 got shown up by the kid a fair bit, which looks to be a pointer to the end of the movie....I mean making the Jedi look vulnerable to massive attacks of turbo lasers and rockets so that the end is not so much of a shock. It looks like GL is trying to show why Bobba became the person he did by showing the closeness he had with his clone father, they looked inseperable together and there was a noticeable Kiwi ( New Zealand ) accent in Bobba's voice. "did louk iut" - that is dad look out in New Zealand talk.

Again the scene looked sensational, the effects and action sequences are very well done an exciting to watch, i just wished i had taped it so you guys could take a look.

Lastly, the old chestnut about C3PO getting his memory erased. It seems to have been layed to rest pretty strongly in the 10 minute feature.

C3PO mentions that he and R2D2 first met bobba fett and his clone father in EPII. AND C3PO says "you can imagine my reaction when i saw him turn up on the cloud city, i was horrified to see that terrible man again "

Now believe what you will but it sounds to me like nobody gets their memory erased. These 10 minute features have been produced very recently and are basically marketing/educational tools for EPII pre release. It is like Lucasfilm thinks that people are going to get confused so these features are designed to explain away some inconsistancies.

If anyone gets The Nine Network in Australia, back me up please!!

I will let you know what happens when they play ROTJ this sunday, i would say that there will be some more cool scenes.

ToMacco
They're gonna do that here in the US, too. This Thursday they air Empire, then next week Jedi, then Menace. They have that extra footage, too.

I don't think I'm going to watch it, though. I've already seen and know more than I want to about Clones.

Amidala
A wise decision. Basically the whole thing is rediculous and belongs as an opener to sesame street. But for those who are interested in wetting their star wars urges it shows just enough without being too much.

yerssot
same over here, the first country that started this was Australia

Julie
I like spoilers, but if they show too much of the movie before it comes out...that'll be very sad sad

ToMacco
spoilers suck ass.

Amidala
It really isnt a spoiler. It is a strange situation to be in. I was watching it with friends, all of which have gone spoiler free. They had no idea what was going on when the scenes were being shown. I nearly corrected one of them that said, "cool look at Bobba Fett". I guess they are only spoilers if you can relate to the scenes and recognise them instantly.

The more i see of the "Skywalker Family History", the more i think that the plot in this episode is extremely complicated and i believe that GL thinks that a lot of think people wont get it. Not star wars fans, but normal people. It will be interesting to take note of people's reactions to it.

Julie
So what.....star wars fans aren't normal? stick out tongue

LanceWindu
Normal? No

Abnormal? No

I think we're in between somewhere.

Julie
ok...but normal is very hard to define....the human race is peculiar wink

DarthKris
has anybody downloaded/seen that video bout the love theme?
I loved it...
they showed the kiss in full lenght- thanks

Captain REX
No, I haven't, and I don't think I will. I need some stupid program.

LanceWindu
I've seen it Kris. I watched it when it premiered on MTV.

CyberFelon
I live in Australia. I read that post, and was so angry at myself for missing it. Oh well, there's always Sunday night when they show ROTJ. I didn't bother watching them coz I've got the widescreen versions on tape and on my computer.

Julie
just think in a few weeks most of the world won't have to just watch trailers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LanceWindu
I just watched the new scenes before ROTJ on FOX. I loved it!!!

yerssot
I haven't! Well, sunday they'll broadcast ESB

Captain REX
Hurray!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.