Make your own Avengers Dream Team able to deal with anything. Thanos, Dormammu, etc..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
If you could have had a hand in helping to create the New Avengers team, who would you pick?

You can choose eight base characters, since the New Avengers have 8 members, and 4 reservist just for the hell of it. Only HEROES... Well you can add villains only if you give a good reason why they wouldn't try to F$<k the team over.

Here are my 8:

1. Captain America

2. Iron Man

3. Sentry

4. Spiderman

5. Dr. Strange

6. Wonderman

7. Quasar

8. Vance Astrovik(Marvel Boy)

Reservist:

1. Captain Marvel ( Genis Vell)

2. Songbird

3. Quicksilver

4. Hercules

Ok, now the reasons why I chose them.

Cap is the man, and a natural born leader, and no one take the helm of leadership of the Avengers from him.

Iron Man is the next logical choice since he was a founding member of the Avengers,and is one of their trademark heroes. Not to mention that he kicks a$$ as well.

The Sentry. Avengers needed someone really powerful to replace Thor, and I like the Sentry, so I'll leave him in there. Don't forget he was the first and best marvel hero, everyone just forgot about him.

Spiderman. Everyone needs someone to lighten up the mood, and Spiderman is that hero. Not to mention he's gone toe to toe against almost all of marvel's villains and heroes and is still alive. This team needs a veteran, and Spiderman is one of them.

Dr. Strange. No explanation needed here. Dr. Strange has saved earth as well as many other dimensions in the past, and has fought some of the most powerful beings in the cosmos and is still alive. He is earth's greatest mystical protector/sorcerer.

Wonderman. An additional powerhouse and an avengers icon. He should be on this team.

Quasar. The cosmic avenger. His powerful quantam bands and energy constructs have defeated numerous powerful beings in the cosmos. Also an avenger staple, he should be on this team.

Vance Astrovik aka Marvel Boy. Avengers need a telepath, and Vance is a telepath, and is also a powerful telekinetic. He would be a valuable asset to the team.

Reservist:

Captain Marvel. His father was made an honorary avenger, and he should be able to follow in his father's footsteps. Not to mention his powerful nega bands and his cosmic awareness would be a great addition to the team.

Songbird. Captain Marvel's main squeeze. Her powers are unique. She can transform her scream into variety of uses. The most useful one I think is that she can transform her screams into energy constructs similar to Quasar. She followed him to the team. I think their still together.

Quicksilver. The avengers need a speedster, and now that he's been upgraded, Quicksilver no longer knows the upper limits to his speed, and his speed would be a great asset.

Hercules. The Prince Of Power. A powerhouse and an avengers staple. He should be on this team. His strength and invulnerability will be a great addition to the team.

Who are you picks? Try to leave a small explanation if you have time. Try to keep it in perspective to. Ex: I choose Ego, Galactus, Champion of The Universe... No. Try to choose below skyfather levels.

armandovalles
1) Post-Onslaught Hercules

2) Wolverine

3) The Thing

4) Quasar

5) Gladiator

6) Drax the Destroyer

7) Cable

8) Captain America

Reserves:

1) Spiderman

2) Iceman

3) Human Torch

4) Iron Man

outavodka
Lets see here

1. Captin America

2. Reed Richards

3. Pheonix

4. Ice Man

5. Gladiator

6.Sue Richards

8. Iron Man

Reserves:

1. Hulk>>>if he gets his shit together

2. Thor>>>hes been dissopointing me alot

3. Torch>>original hot head who gets it done

4. And finally you couldnt go wrong w/t Scarlet Witch.

Quick Freeze
1. Silver Surfer (power cosmic, nuff said)
2. Dr. Strange (sorcerer supremem, nuff said)
3. Gladiator (a purple superman with issues, nuff said)
4. Enchantress (she wont f*** the team over but she'll f*** something i'll tell ya that much)
5. Storm (. . . STORM!!!)
6. Nightcrawler (he's your go-to guy for go-to-ing)
7. Spider-man (. . . SPIDER-MAN!!!)
8. Black Panther (. . . a richer, better batman, nuff said)

Reserves:
The Fantastic Four (i really dont think there is a need for reserves but might as well use the most undeafetable quartet in comics)

and this should go in the comic movies forum. . .

ScarletSpider
Cap is, in my opinion, a waste of a valuable team slot. Yes, he's a good strategist and fighter, but what's he going to do against Thanos? Patriotic diatribes don't stop the Mad Titan.

1. Dr. Strange--the foremost mystic of the Marvel U.

2. Vostok--a Russian mechanical lifeform, can phase through a weird dimension to give him an intangible ability similar to the Vision. However, the big reason he's on the team? He can mentally manipulate machinery. He took out the Vision and The Box just by thinking about it.

3. Thin Man--an odd choice? Not really. As smart as Reed Richards, with stretching powers to match. Plus he can teleport, and his body can become a razorsharp weapon. He's a ruthless son of a ***** too, and can provide the Avengers with a mobile base that can take them anywhere in the world within seconds, and who knows about stellar applications?

4. Warbird--her powers are seemingly limitless, she just needs to charge up first. She's also career military, and knows how to get the job done.

5. Iceman--needs a place outside of the X-Men to shine. I believe he was once offered a position on the team, but declined.

6. Full powered Jim Hammond--after losing his original Torch powers, he's demonstrated some new growth. He can now create fire, and induce spontaneous combustion in hundreds of objects simultaneously. Combine that with his original Torch powers, and he'd be a great asset. Also has leadership abilities.

7. Thor--With all his experience, but his classic Thor powers, however, he gets his newer duds, as I hate his original costume. He proved to be a good leader, and not the stupid oaf everyone thought him to be. With that wisdom, and his ever mighty arm, he's a valuable member.

8. Sersi--a powerful Eternal who aided the team greatly in times past.

Reserves:

1. Iron Man--he really is a major powerhouse, and I think writers forget about that at times.

2. Blazing Skull--Strong as an oxe, at least has level 70 strength, pyrokinetic abilities, and regenerative abilities that would make Wolverine blush. Decapitation slowed this guy down for a total of 5 minutes. And just ridiculously funny.

3. Quasar if he gets a haircut.

4. Phyla-Vell. Genis is busy with the T-Bolts, and I'd like to see more of his sister.

Sentry
I already put one there. This one is for the debaters to pick away why we chose this team. Who's team is really viable, who can take on Thanos, Shuma Gorath, Dormammu, Korvac, Ego, and other powerful beings. Avengers had a big hand in defeating Korvac in the past. They also have defeated Thanos before through a team effort. Ask your self if your team can handle these kinds of situations. I know my team can. Feel free to pick away at my team or the other teams on here as long as you give a good reason. So far the teams look pretty viable, except outavodka's team. If I'm not mistaken, I see Phoenix in their. I pretty sure she is above skyfather level. If that's just Jean Grey, then it's alright. If it's Rachel, I think she's too powerful. I don't know I could be wrong. That's the beauty of this thread.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Sentry
8. Vance Astrovik(Marvel Boy)

Vance is Justice...... not Marvel Boy

Sentry
Originally posted by Scoobless
Vance is Justice...... not Marvel Boy

I have some old new warriors comics said he was. They are the same person.

ScarletSpider
Originally he was Marvel Boy. He since changed his name to Justice and has retained that name throughtout his Avengers tenure and beyond.

the Darkone
My team would be:

1. The sentry
2. Dr.strange
3. Captian america
4. sersi
5. Thor
6. Captain marvel I
7. wasp
8. Ironman

my reserves
quasar
professor hulk
blackpanther
wonderman
warbird
wolverine
photon
giantman
starfox
shehulk

Scoobless
and there's another character called Marvel Boy

http://www.grant-morrison.com/images/Marvel%20Boy.jpg

i think he's a Kree

demigawd
I see the Avengers as an international strike and defense force, and as such it requires brilliant leadership, as well as access to resources. I've never been able to see how the Avengers could really be prepared for large scale alien invasions. Sure, they're great for battling a single powerful opponent...but what happens when the Kree attack and there are millions of ships around the world? How can eight people stop them all? I took that into consideration when building this team.

Unification Avengers
=============

Black Panther - leader. He's as militarily sound as Cap, as smart as Reed/Tony/Doom and an unparalled politician and strategist. This comes in handy for dealing with pissed off Kree, Shi'Ar - he could negotiate a lot of things and avoid wars altogether. When that fails, he could lead the Avengers AND combined military forces to battle. He also has vast technological resources at his command. When they encounter an unknown enemy and retrieve a weapon, he can take that back to Wakanda with his team and prep just about anything to deal with it. He also has the power of Wakanda at his command.

Thor - because he's THOR, man! He also has magic bases covered. As leader of Asgard, he has that entire magical army at his command.

God Cable - has the psionic bases covered. Also the team communicator - he can silently coordinate the team when battling over large distances, using commands given to him by Panther. He's connected to the X-men and X-Force, so can call them in as necessary.

Ikaris - large scale matter manipulation, energy projection and psionics, as well as leadership of the Eternals, so he can call them in as necessary. If Cable goes down, he becomes their psionic backup.

Sentry - the muscle on the team. The enforcer. Any plan Panther has, Sentry can execute it.

Quasar - large scale energy projection, ranged attacks, and the ability to affect large numbers of things at once. With Panther's brilliance, he can build anything instantly on the battlefield.

Dr. Strange - covers the mystic threats and wields the power of the Vishanti.

Multiple Man - an instant army/relief corp to help with everything from cleaning up messes to doing battle with entire armys to search/rescue operations. When outfitted with Stark's mass-produced Iron Man suits (with Panther's vibranium weave), each copy become VERY formidable.

Reserves:

Iron Man - the sources of Stark's company and his additional brilliance and power will come in handy. Iron Man himself doesn't necessarily need to be on the team - just his resources.

Forge - the team inventor - working in concert with Stark and Panther and they can build anything, any time, anywhere

Magneto - what Forge, Iron Man and Panther can think of, he can build instantly. Think: Ultimate Nullifier in 2 minutes. Again, they don't have to be active members to do these things - their role in a reserve/part-time capacity is enough to be lethal. Also, as a powerful figure in the mutant community, he can convince mutant threats to stand down, or can ally the radical mutant community to side with humans for specific battles.

Enchantress - a superb magician, she's there on parole to win Thor's trust again. When additional magic power is needed, they call her in and she'll be happy to help.

Quick Freeze
Originally posted by demigawd
I see the Avengers as an international strike and defense force, and as such it requires brilliant leadership, as well as access to resources. I've never been able to see how the Avengers could really be prepared for large scale alien invasions. Sure, they're great for battling a single powerful opponent...but what happens when the Kree attack and there are millions of ships around the world? How can eight people stop them all? I took that into consideration when building this team.

Unification Avengers
=============

Black Panther - leader. He's as militarily sound as Cap, as smart as Reed/Tony/Doom and an unparalled politician and strategist. This comes in handy for dealing with pissed off Kree, Shi'Ar - he could negotiate a lot of things and avoid wars altogether. When that fails, he could lead the Avengers AND combined military forces to battle. He also has vast technological resources at his command. When they encounter an unknown enemy and retrieve a weapon, he can take that back to Wakanda with his team and prep just about anything to deal with it. He also has the power of Wakanda at his command.

Thor - because he's THOR, man! He also has magic bases covered. As leader of Asgard, he has that entire magical army at his command.

God Cable - has the psionic bases covered. Also the team communicator - he can silently coordinate the team when battling over large distances, using commands given to him by Panther. He's connected to the X-men and X-Force, so can call them in as necessary.

Ikaris - large scale matter manipulation, energy projection and psionics, as well as leadership of the Eternals, so he can call them in as necessary. If Cable goes down, he becomes their psionic backup.

Sentry - the muscle on the team. The enforcer. Any plan Panther has, Sentry can execute it.

Quasar - large scale energy projection, ranged attacks, and the ability to affect large numbers of things at once. With Panther's brilliance, he can build anything instantly on the battlefield.

Dr. Strange - covers the mystic threats and wields the power of the Vishanti.

Multiple Man - an instant army/relief corp to help with everything from cleaning up messes to doing battle with entire armys to search/rescue operations. When outfitted with Stark's mass-produced Iron Man suits (with Panther's vibranium weave), each copy become VERY formidable.

Reserves:

Iron Man - the sources of Stark's company and his additional brilliance and power will come in handy. Iron Man himself doesn't necessarily need to be on the team - just his resources.

Forge - the team inventor - working in concert with Stark and Panther and they can build anything, any time, anywhere

Magneto - what Forge, Iron Man and Panther can think of, he can build instantly. Think: Ultimate Nullifier in 2 minutes. Again, they don't have to be active members to do these things - their role in a reserve/part-time capacity is enough to be lethal. Also, as a powerful figure in the mutant community, he can convince mutant threats to stand down, or can ally the radical mutant community to side with humans for specific battles.

Enchantress - a superb magician, she's there on parole to win Thor's trust again. When additional magic power is needed, they call her in and she'll be happy to help.

nice team man, i think we had a similar thought process

RSSR
My team that could deal with absolutely anything:

Dr. Strange
Rachel with Phoenix Force
Thor
Iron Man
Sentry
Silver Surfer
Atum
Black Panther

theflyxx
Iron Man
Black Panther
Sentry
Thor
Gladiator
Dr. Strange
Quasar
Moondragon

With this team, I think all bases are covered and no reserves are necessary.

LordFear
My team comprising of:
IronMan
Black Panther
.................. My logistics/ Recon spearheaders
Cap..........Leadership/strategic expert
Dr Strange................... My magic/occult master
Sentry...............The cavalry
Forge
Magneto............. Research and development masterminds(psychic monitoring as well) and maintaining mutant relations.
Spider-Man............ wildcard!!!!! (essential)
Reservist:
USAgent............Backup leader/strategic expert
Hulk................backup Cavalry
Scarlet Witch..........second in occults division
Xavier........psi division (maintaining telepathic link among us as well as monitoring any threat in that field)and maintaining mutant relations.

Victor Von Doom
Wait a sec. My thread is filled with dorks.

This one rips it off and gets loads of replies?

life is cruell
silver surfer - power cosmic 'nuff said

captain america - leadership skills, brilliant strategist, master martial artist

dr. strange - sorcerer supreme, handles mystical threats and provides magic protection

gladiator - power house of the group

rogue - class 50 strength is decent and her absorbing abilities could really come in handy

quasar - large scale energy projection, defender of the universe

proffesor x - psychic supreme, handles mutant related problems

sentry - teams other power house

reserve memebers

iron man - resources will proove usefull and he kicks ass

forge - anything you can think of he can build will be handy with ironmans resources

thor - back up power house

black cat - seductress of the team lol plus i realized rogue was the only other girl on the team

K Von Doom
I think it would be a waste having Captain America as one of the eight. No doubt he's the best field commander in the MU but having someone with more abilities such as Mr Fantastic (who's also a good leader plus a genius) or Adam Warlock (who is physically stronger) would be more beneficial.

DigiMark007
If I was choosing the team, I'd buy an eye patch and rename myself Nick Fury...I'd have to pick heores I could tolerate if I was going to be their leader so here we go. Oh, and they'd have matching silver and purple uniforms. Appearence is everything.

By the way, do they have to be Marvel heroes???

1. Xavier (Not so much for his powers, but also the money of the operation. He pimps the X-Men out pretty good, so he could easily do it for the Avengers too)
2. Spider-Man (he's real cool...also a verteran wild card)
3. Sentry (damn the power downgrade...I'd say he's above Skyfather but not anymore apparently)
4. Morph (Not everything is evil world-destroying villians, and not everything requires brute force...Morph would be awesome for the day-to-day Earth-related problems)
5. The Doctor (of Authority...cooler and probably more powerful than Doc Strange)
6. Wonder Woman (the entire JLA has a crush on her, so she'd add some intrigue to the chemistry of the team and also provide another bruiser-type...Sentry might get tired)
7. Daredevil (no one on my team is aloof enough or dark...he'd add some more chemistry problems, except with SM since they've worked together beofre)
8. Psylocke (another spy/martial arts-type. And Diana might get lonely without at least one other hot girl for the guys to go after)

Reserves: Quick Freeze stole my idea. Fantastic Four.

demigawd
Anyone want to invent threats to start mowing down the teams here? lol

Here's one:

The Shi'Ar has decided to invade Earth. There are 2.3 million battleships and the Imperial Guard. Each battleship has the destructive capacity of a low yield nuke. There is also a mega weapon on the master ship designed to blow up the entire planet in 12 hours. When the walls of the master ship are breached, the entire Imperial Guard is automatically teleported to the site of the breach. You must repel the Shi'Ar invasion and disable their super weapon with minimal loss of life. How will your new teams respond to this threat?

LordFear
Ok well first we need intel and recon
Therefore IronMan is responsible for trying to understand the Shi'ar's technology as well as deploy a temporary solution in case they fail.
I mean a contingency plan and that is to create a global shield that would envelop the Earth and hopefully repel the mega weapon.So this is Stark's job.He begins on the blueprints for this device
Black Panter's job is to first and foremost rally the world leaders and to have them assist in any way possibleWhether tech, financial, manpower, material and whatever. Also BP will be on a recon mission to try to infiltrate one of the ships to ascertain info. He will assist Stark as well on a need to basis.
Cap will have work the military and air forces throughout the world to position a counterstrike force at strategic locations and ready to deploy.
Cap is also responsible for overseeing all the activities and protocols underway and acting as liason to the World Leaders.
Forge is working very closely with IM building the global grid and testing the forcefield. Basically building and giving vital input to the construction of the device.
Magneto is a key player:The device is basically going to be the heart and soul of the plan. Magneto's ability to tap into the Earth's magnetic field will be the source of power of the device.Harnassing the Earth's magnetics, the device will disperse an EMP field enveloping the globe and protecting it from attack. The strength of it, is reinforced by Mags powers.
Sentry.....He will be the pointman for the air strike force being launched by the UN and the backbone of the strength of the attack.
Dr Strange...He is Sorcerer Supreme and therefore can teleport small groups of people within the mothership, where the weapon is located. Once BP returns from his scouting with intell about the mothership. IT'S design, where the weapon is located, the vastness of the ship etc, Strange will teleport a small group of heroes and elite commandos right into the enemies territory ready to strike from within!!!!
SpiderMan.........he will be part of the strike force commando being sent.
We call in the reservists:
USAgent will lead the commando team
Xavier keeps psi link among us as well as try to reach and appeal to Lillandra.
Scarlet Witch is part of the strike team also
Hulk is the last member of the away team and will serve as the powerhouse of the team.

demigawd
Well done!

Who engages and defeats the Imperial Guard, though? Looks like most people are used up...

LordFear
Good point!!!
My thoughts (and this is wishful thinking) when the commandos teleport into the Mothership, the focus will be on them. The Shi'ar will call the Guards to defend the weapon at all cost. So I have Hulk really pounding away and Scarlet Witch disrupting things big time. Strange will also be among the team, he can provide some major support as well. USAgent with the help of Xavier linked with him can't really take them on but could use the distraction and confusion to slip away from the fight and find the weapon and place a time bomb on it. SpiderMan could hold his own with his agility. I hope this is enough to really get the job done. The real reason for the strike force was to place that time bomb aboard the ship or on theweapon itself.Once that's done everybody get the Hell outta there pronto!!!!!!!!!!!

demigawd
Who deals with Gladiator from the Guard? The biggest gun on your strike force appears to Hulk, Can he take Gladiator?

Mainstream
with out a doubt...Hulk beat Glad once according to a lot of folks

LordFear
Well that's my hope. I simply need Hulk to buy me time. Not to defeat him because unless he goes apeshit, Glads gonna pound him but keep him busy enough for USAgent to place that bomb. I know it's asking a lot but Hulk could hopefully do this!!!I figure if he can go toe to toe with Drax or Thanos, then he could hold off Glad.

demigawd
Sounds good! You have a sound team. Who else wants a crack at the scenario?

life is cruell
dr. strange
rogue
quasar
proffesor x
sentry
iron man
forge
thor

i think my team has what it takes proffesor xavier already knows alot about the shiar so his knowledge will aid the team and he can try to peacfullly communicate once he realizes they are hostile he will command the team to take action, thor and quasar will be meat shields taking out ships across the planet with a combo of god force bolts and large scale energy projection, sentry and rogue (who has now absorbed sentry's powers) will be distracting the imperial guard, ironman forge will be making some crazy powerful invention to either nullify their ships or destroy them through ironmans resources, dr.strange will be calling upon help from mystics, and xavier will telepathically escort suvvileans to saftey

that story was ignoring the fact that xavier rogue and forge could call x factor men force new mutants etc. and iron man and thor could call upon all the avngers

life is cruell
any body gonna find a flaw in my plan or counter it??

GalacticStorm
ME BABY!!!!

jplatinum
1.Wolverine-has insane healing,unbreakable claws/bones, has experience in team work tobring super powered people down, and would add some excitement to any roster.
2.Thing-Ben Grimm is nigh invulnerable,superstrong, has teamwork experience with ff, can fight like a mofo.
3.Batman-Is peakhuman, supersmart and cunning, startegizes, can fight good, knows teamwork to bring down foes, king of prep-time.
4.Flash-speed of life, has infinite mass punch tp put down most anyone, can work as team member, can fight.
5.thor- is a god, has godforce power, has his powerful hammer, can work as team, and can fly/has class 100 strength.
6.spiderman- has his unique abilities, genius, good prep-time, cunning fighter.
7.Surfer- enough said.
8.new son Gambit- he can do team work, he is practically a god with his new powers.

4 reserves:
1.Bruce Banner- is a genius, can turn into Hulk who is near unbeatable.(they just have to keep him under control til they fight a villain then unleash him.)
2.Superman- he is superman enough said.( they just have to keep him from going bad again.)
3.Deadpool- he is assassin, killing machine, insane healing.(they just have to keep him in check.)
4.Quicksilver( can never hurt to have another speedster on the team.)

life is cruell
looks like my plan works since no one said other wise

Quick Freeze
my friend wanted me to post his (not all marvel)
1. scooby-doo
2. ender wiggin (ender's game)
3. bean (ender's game)
4. ford prefect (hhgttg)
5. trey anistasio
6. philip donney
7. handy-man
8. zoolander

reserves:
1.kobe bryant
2.condalezza rice
3.mike shinoda
4. robert zelonky (robbo)

Blade Cutter
1,Ironman,money and team leader. 2,Sentry,cus he's Sentry. 3,Gladiator,Power 4,Cosmic Spider-man. Every one needs to be able to throw buildings cosmic powers and spider sense. 5,Silver Surfer,Cosmic. 6,King Thor,hes a god. 7,Dr. Strange.Magic. 8,Magneto,he's Magneto. reserves. Reed Richards,Hulk,Professor X,and Scarlet Witch. There mission is to kill every one in the JLA except Batman and Flash and give them the chance to join there team as there butlers and make a law the the name Superman will never be said again.

armandovalles
1) Post-Onslaught Hercules: Incredibly strong, but not too arrogant like normal Hercules is.

2) Wolverine: Just plain DEADLY, great senses as well.

3) The Thing: "IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!"

4) Quasar: One of the most powerful heroes ever in Marvel.

5) Gladiator: Nearly destroyed EGO!, ALONE!

6) Drax the Destroyer: Stupid, but with his Power Gem, no one can last in a head-on fight against this guy.

7) Cable: Resourceful telepath, good weaponry, need i say more?

8) Captain America: best hand-to-hand fighter in Marvel. PERIOD.

Reserves:

1) Spiderman: Along with Iceman & Torch, these 3 would be great.

2) Iceman: Along with Spidey and Torch, these 3 would be great.

3) Human Torch: Along with Spidey & Iceman, these 3 would be great.

4) Iron Man: great team player, plus he's a GENIUS.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
1. CAPTAIN AMERICA-(he is the greatest leader there is)
2. THOR-(one of my favorite classics)
3. 8th DAY JUGGERNAUT-(he wont f*** us over bcs you can promise him a shot at the professor)
4. IRON MAN-(hes powerful and he has the assets)
5. INVISABLE WOMAN-(we need someone for covert operations and defense)
6. JEAN GREY-(in a tight place? GET US OUT!!!or mind wipe em)
7. GOD LIKE CABLE-(if you havent noticed im makin a power house avengers team)
8. STORM-(give us some stealth with that fogHIT EM WITH THE LIGHTNING)
RESERVES
1.PROFESSOR X-(always good to have a telepath on the sidelines, and gotta live up to the promise to old juggs)
2. WONDERBOY-(in case we lose one of our big guys)
3. FRANKLIN RICHARDS-(to grow up beside the team and let his powers grow too)
4. MR FANTASTIC-(for the purposes of franklin richards and the invisable lady, cant leave one of the family out)

Laminator_X
This may seem novel, but my Avengers team will be made up of Avengers.

Captain America: He is the soul of the team. Note that he led in JLA/Avengers. Nuff said.

Iron Man: Apart from his obvious attributes, he is a pragmatist to balance Cap's idealism. Cap transcends the system, Tony works it.

Thor: Raw Power, Inspiring Majesty, and more faith in the team than Cap, if that's possable. There's a reason these guys are the big three.

Integrated Hulk: They agreed to take him back during the Infinity Gauntlet mini. When he's like this, they should.

Vision and the Scarlet Witch: Magic and technology. Each capable of shaking the world, they ballance each other's excesses. They should never have split up.

Moondragon: Telepath par excellance, another expert martial artist, knowledgable in the cosmic mysteries, and veteran space traveller.

Hawkeye: Street smarts, sense of humor, plays the clever foil to the big boys. He sees the obvious down-to-Earth things at the others miss. His physical weakness never stopped him from doing pulling his weight.

This is not a stacked team, it's a team that works. The powers, personalities and perspectives are well ballanced and integrated.

Reservists?
Rick Jones: The Hulk is there, Cap is there, bonus points for the bizarre love triangle with Heather and Marlowe.

Namour: Imperious Rex! Cause sometimes an atlantean army is just the thing to get the job done.

Firebird: A mission worker among the titans. A humble voice among the demigods. ...ans she cannot die.

Century: Just because he's interesting.

Quick Freeze

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.