Storm vs. Scarlet Witch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arsenal
http://img146.exs.cx/img146/3239/stosca4np.gif
http://img146.exs.cx/img146/8923/storm5bd.gifhttp://img146.exs.cx/img146/8905/scarlet6bs.gif
This is the "regular" Scarlet Witch, not the House of M one.

GalacticStorm
If it was a battle to the death and they were both being ruthless then i think storm would win this. Sw would get her ass frazzled

life is cruell
in the long run i think scarlet witch is alot more powerful anyone who read avengers disassembled will know but i think storm could win in a straight up fight

long pig
no prep storm
with prep SW

nice sig, i tried to draw my own but im not good enough.
i dunno how the hell he draws with a mouse.

Arsenal
He's probably drawing more as we speak.

stormfront13
storm can just summon lightning instantley from the sky and it can more than likely take out sw but we are talking about classic sw right??

life is cruell
yeah i think its pretty clear that without prep storm would mostlikely win since even if scarlet withc is lucky enough to dodge the first bolt she will have to constantly keep dodging and wont get enough time to work her powers at a more advanced level if she got prep then storm would be dead; in the avengers disassembled finale she killed three avengers destroyed the mansion summoned a bunch of kree battle ships killed agatha karkess and turned she hulk out of controll among a bunch of other things

stormfront13
but that isn't classic is it??

Swanky-Tuna
Pre-House of M is still a reality warping Scarlet Witch isn't it?

stormfront13
yeah after her big up-grade

life is cruell
she could always sort of bend reality just now its on a much larger scale

stormfront13
yes life is right her powers were naturally reality warping but to a much much lesser degree but i think storm can pull a win against classic sw

DarkCrawler
Lighting wouldn't hit SW. If Storm would use winds, a sudden brick would hit her uncouncious.

That is how SW's powers work.

GalacticStorm
Darkcrawler she needs to concentrate to do specific hexes like that all storm would hav to do is keep her off balance and then strike the b*tch down. She could avoid the occassional lightning bolt but not all of them thrown by storm. That is not how SW's powers work im afraid

DarkCrawler
Why do you always have to be correct?! mad

Xplosive
Scarlet Witch would win.

GalacticStorm
If its the reality warping one who took out the avengers then yeah. But if its classic Sw then she doesnt stand a chance

Wonderman
I think people underestimate Storm too. She has complete control of the weather, so when you fight "her", you actually have to fight Storm the person too. She can move through her own creation. Anyhow, against the Scarlett Witch, i doubt that that would be enough.
Even if Storm is given the advantage from the initiative to hide in a fog, once the fight starts, the witches hex will find its prey.
On one on one, Scarlett Witch pretty much wins. Even when she faces a whole team her power works that same way so as to cause as much improbability as possible.
At normal levels a team would seem sufficient to distract her conjuring, but like i said One on One...ain't gonna happpppen!

demigawd
Don't forget, this isn't just about Classic Wanda vs. Reality Warping Wanda. There was a "Settled" Wanda who was on the Avengers during Busiek's run. She's generally acknowledged as the second most powerful member of the team, since she achieved mastery over, what was at the time called "Chaos Magic". That version is, in my opinion, more than a match for Storm. She was more or less able to cancel the laws of physics.

stormfront13
well i don't know what version of sw we are talking about. which is it??

demigawd
I don't see why it would be any version other than the most recent sane version.

stormfront13
well the maker of the thread said classic and now people are talkin about the new ones

Swanky-Tuna
Arsenal said "normal", non-House of M Scarlet Witch. Because he didn't say "classic" and specifically said no "House of M", which is the most recent?, then I took it to mean like the "average" Wanda.

stormfront13
as did i but then people started talking about house of m. but if its old then imo storm wins. i don't think wanda's hex's can handle lightning, sub-zero temperatures, hail, tornados, fog, ect all at once.

omnipotent1
Everyone talks about Storm summoning a bolt of lightening, frying the Witch dead. So easy and so silly as Magneto proved long ago. Storm may control the weather, but is NOT immune to her own powers.

Way back in a particularly vicious confrontation with the X-men of the day, Magneto used his control of magnetism to re-direct a killing bolt of lightening Created by Storm away from him and back at Storm

(Lightening is electricity and part of the "ELECTRO-MAGNETIC" spectrum of energy)

Storm lost the battle of control over that particular energy with Magneto. As a result she was almost killed by her own bolt of lightening when he redirected it.

So how in the world does this have anything to do with the Scarlet Witch kicking Storm's butt in one move? VERY SIMPLE

IF Storm did go for her move "the lightening bolt" The Scarlet Witch in a no holds barred match up would warp reality just enough to re-direct the bolt at Storm just like Dear old Dad Did.

With her enhanced reality warping powers. The Scarlet Witch could do this all day, and make Storm cry uncle in no time. No matter what weather power Storm could use. The Witch could turn it against her.

Reality warping even without any preparation trumps all.

stormfront13
no,no, no, my friend you are mistaken. yeah magneto turned the lightning bolt against storm and fueled it through her whole body and amped up the power. storm wasn't concentrating on protecting herself from the bolt, she was concentrating on suffocating magneto. even w/out concentration storm lasted a long time against the amped up bolt magneto was using. he literally doubled the power of the bolt and sent it through all of storms body and she still survived even though she wasn't concentrating on protecting herself from the bolt. an when the bolt was redirected it wasn't hers anymore because magneto had control over it, because storm didn't have full concentration on the bolt, she ahd it on suffocating maqgneto. so how could wanda turn up the volage of a lightning bolt when she has no clue how to and has no control over the lightning as magneto did. if the bolt was redirected storm could just absorb it back into her body. thr reason she couldn't against magneto was because he literally tripled the power of the bolt and gained control over it. storm can defeat classic scarlet

shaolin9976
I don't know much about Scarlet's powers cause it always changes...but Storm is definitely a hotter babe..so I would go with Storm!

black robb
Originally posted by shaolin9976
I don't know much about Scarlet's powers cause it always changes...but Storm is definitely a hotter babe..so I would go with Storm! good logic

stormfront13
yeah i think most people would agree that storm is hotter, but anyway storm wins this. even if she chooses not to use lightning wanda still has to breath, which storm could just not let her by making a vortex/tornado around her. or just freeze her to death

omnipotent1
For storm to be effective her powers must work correctly ALL of them, and if she relies on physical fighting ability she must have coordination.

OK PEOPLE, With Wanda hexing her powers. Storm cannot depend ON ANY OF THEM to work properly. In fact Wanda can turn any and all against her.

Wanda's first hex would remove Storm's invulnerability to her own powers.

Without that Storm loses her ability to fly in her windstorms. Instead she'd be blown around helplessly. Her ability to fly hexed away
and gets tossed around in her own windstorm or tornado.

Without any invulnerability to her own power, what she could do would be extremely limited.

She couldn't call ice storms, heat waves, windstorms, rainstorms, giant hail, lightening storms Etc. Since she'd be a victim as much as anyone else. Even more so since Storm likes to stay way out in the open and up in the air.

But let's say she tried anyway AFTER Wanda hexed her invulnerability away.

Storm calls lightening and with another hex, Wanda causes them all to fire at Storm and hit her repeatedly, killing her.

Or Storm calls for an sub-zero ice storm and the best Storm could hope for is Wanda freezes first. Unlikely because with another hex, Wanda could make the ice storm only affect Storm.

Or Wanda could get cute and hex Storm's weather abilities so that the only thing she can summon are extremely beautiful days. With pleasant temperatures, nice breezes and wonderful sunshine.

Storm calls for a rainstorm and gets a mega-hailstorm directed at her after Wanda hexes her. Storm's giant hail knocks Storm for a loop. The wind then blows her into a quickly growing flood and she drowns.

Or Storm could LOSE ALL HER POWERS TOTALLY, after Wanda hexes her.

Storm could get physical.. She's a trained ninga warrior BUT Wanda merely has to hex her coordination, and any move Storm makes to fight would result in her falling flat on her face. While Wanda takes any handy weapon and ices her.

Of course everyone is assuming that Storm would be able to resist. Why? This is an all out battle. Neither is holding back.

If Wanda's hex powers fail to totally subdue Storm, Wanda IS COMPETENT AT MAGIC. If Storm proves resistent to her hexes, than cast some nifty forget yourself, or deep fear spells. That would make her unable to resist her hexes.

Bottom line REALITY WARPING + MAGICAL SKILLS trumps WEATHER CONTROL.

The only way Storm could win is if she got Wanda first, before she could attack, but if Wanda gets one hex or spell in, it's over.

ZephroCarnelian
Nice argument!

It depends on who gets first shot in.

If SW is hit by lightning before she can cast a hex - which is likely - then she's dead.

If she starts with her mumbo-jumbo, then Storm won't have a chance.

Storm's pretty ruthless, so I'd say a lightning bolt will be earthing itself through SW before she can utter a word.

stormfront13
ha, ha, ha, ha like any of that will happen. yeah wanda may be able to take invulnerability away but she CONTROLS THE WEATHER, what is flying gonna do to storm hmmm? also wanda has even said to do specific hexes, she needs to concentrate on what she wants to do. with only a thought storm can summon lightning to hit wanda, scientists have calculated that lightning movesnear, but still very far away from lightspeed. and she can summon it to attack wanda from the behind. literally she won't be able to cast a specific hex beore storm takes her out.

RisingStorm
Well Wanda needs preparation to get a specific hex on Storm, and plus if she already know her then it would be an advantage, but if it is the first time, she'll just have to do generic hexes until it will grow. But it won't be enough if Storm gets to her first.

xmarksthespot
It all depends on who manages to attack first. My money's on Storm frying the Witch before she has a chance to hex her. Lightning at its fastest moves at about half the speed of light and Storm can summon it pretty fast so delay in initiation isn't that much.

(Evo Wanda would wipe the floor with Storm tho cos she cud do whatever the hell she wanted for some reason)

stormfront13
storm can summon lightning w/ a thought and it goes at half the speed of light which is more than fast enough to take down scarlet

bitca730
Storm wins...

RoguePw25
yeah my money is on Storm too

Draco69
Wholly depends if Storm can act first. And REALLY fast. No nonsense. A do-or-die lightening bolt is the only solution for her to win. Or else...

Metalmanx
Scarlet Witch wins any day of the week. Twice on Sunday.

As previously stated, Wanda will just redirect the lightning, or cause Storm's heart to appear her hand from the start. Or her lungs. Any wind by Storm and Wanda would make a large piece of debris knock Storm out.

Wanda takes away Storm's powers. Wanda makes her vulnerable to her own attacks instantly. Wanda causes Storm to hallucinate. Wanda gives Storm a heart attack.

Storm has no advantages here, while Scarlet Witch has all of them.

long pig
Originally posted by Draco69
Wholly depends if Storm can act first. And REALLY fast. No nonsense. A do-or-die lightening bolt is the only solution for her to win. Or else...
Yep.

RoguePw25
Wanda's powers sometimes puzzeled me because how they portrayed it on X-Men Evolution, they made it seem like Wanda could do anything. The power of manipulating probabilities or something like that right? When with her witch hexes . . . . . . but how could Wanda take away Storm's powers?

Draco69
Wanda is a living plot device. Her powers are so vague she can essentially do whatever the writer wants her to do and get away with it.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by RoguePw25
Wanda's powers sometimes puzzeled me because how they portrayed it on X-Men Evolution, they made it seem like Wanda could do anything. The power of manipulating probabilities or something like that right? When with her witch hexes . . . . . . but how could Wanda take away Storm's powers?

Although the Evolution show exagerrated her powers, it wasn't TOO far off. She can basically make almost any improbable event happen.

Wanda can take away Storm's powers with a flick of her wrist. Just by hexing her.

RoguePw25
Well, when you put it that way!

But yeah that's what I thought. Wanda can basically do anything, kind of like a one woman army. Since she can do all of that, she should be basically invincible.

Creshosk
Originally posted by RoguePw25
Well, when you put it that way!

But yeah that's what I thought. Wanda can basically do anything, kind of like a one woman army. Since she can do all of that, she should be basically invincible. To anybody that allows her enough time to do something, Speedblitzes can probably still beat her if they can act before she does.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by omnipotent1
Way back in a particularly vicious confrontation with the X-men of the day, Magneto used his control of magnetism to re-direct a bolt of lightening created by Storm away from him and back at Storm

Storm lost the battle of control over that particular energy with Magneto. As a result she was almost killed by her own bolt of lightening when he redirected it.http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/stormmag.jpgOriginally posted by stormfront13
no,no, no, my friend you are mistaken. yeah magneto turned the lightning bolt against storm and fueled it through her whole body and amped up the power. storm wasn't concentrating on protecting herself from the bolt, she was concentrating on suffocating magneto. even w/out concentration storm lasted a long time against the amped up bolt magneto was using. he literally doubled the power of the bolt and sent it through all of storms body and she still survived even though she wasn't concentrating on protecting herself from the bolt. an when the bolt was redirected it wasn't hers anymore because magneto had control over it, because storm didn't have full concentration on the bolt, she ahd it on suffocating maqgneto. thr reason she couldn't against magneto was because he literally tripled the power of the bolt and gained control over it. storm can defeat classic scarlet huh How come whenever you claim something and I check up on it, it's never as you claim. What are you talking about? This?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/stormmag2.jpg

Swanky-Tuna
There's nothing about doubling lightning there.

Arsenal
bump

willRules
Originally posted by Draco69
Wanda is a living plot device. Her powers are so vague she can essentially do whatever the writer wants her to do and get away with it.

I agree. Her limits are too vague to come to any specific outcome.........

Pepito
Wanda's powers are overrated just because of their nature. If someone says Spiderman has superstrength, you don't immediately assume he can bench press planets. Wanda struggles withkeeping a building from collapsing

willRules
Originally posted by Pepito
Wanda's powers are overrated just because of their nature. If someone says Spiderman has superstrength, you don't immediately assume he can bench press planets. Wanda struggles withkeeping a building from collapsing

yes but so are Storm's powers. yes she is incredibly powerful but she isn't the "goddess" soem people on these forums make her out to be............

stormfront13
Originally posted by willRules
yes but so are Storm's powers. yes she is incredibly powerful but she isn't the "goddess" soem people on these forums make her out to be............

some people just view her as a goddess because that was what she viewed herself as, and so did half of africa.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.