Are you happy with the dialogue in ROTS?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da_Guru
I for one are not happy. Most of it is quite good I admit but some of it is absolute crap. Especially the dialogue between Anakin and Padme. Also Anakins dialogue during his turn isnt as good as I thought it would have been. The dialogue at the begining of ROTS between Anakin and Kenobi during the opening space battle is crappier than most of the dialogue from the other films-it is disgraceful and disgusting. Palpatines dialogue is good, Yodas is sometimes poor and sometimes good, Padmes is crap as usual and the others I am mostly neutral about. Very bad dialogue George But im sure the movie will be excellent never the less. What do you people on this Board think of some of the crappy dialogue in ROTS?. Not that all of its crappy of course

Nick_Skywalker
Could you please state your reasons why you think its so bad? Ive read the script and overall i think its good. There are a few moments that are just sick mostly between ani and padme as usaul but the rest is final. Theres some great stuff theres some ordinary stuff and theres stuff thats just fine. Actully the story of most of the star wars movies. I liked the begining space battle dialoge i thought he showed that anakin and obi wan were such good friends and that they really cared about each other. I quess it comes down to the delivery at the end. I think its safe to say that christopher lee will nail his dialoge (evan though hes only got a few lines) samual jackson will nail his and he does have some important lines in this movie very important actully. Ian will do a great job like he always does and so will ewan also the cgi characters cant really go bad and most of the cameo's have been fine. Most people are only worrying about hayden and natalie because they have been the 2 that people have thought have been bad from the previous movie/movies but im confident they will do fine because they never really bothered me in aotc or tpm for natalie.

Mist
how can anyone argue about the dialogue when the movie hasnt been out yet? its a pointless debate.

yeah, we could all go out and read the novel/script/comic or whatever, but that doesnt give you the performances, only the lines.

a month left people. wait til then. would it kill you?

Nick_Skywalker
Yes but he asked do you think the dialoge is crap? he didnt say anything about if the performance will be good or not because we dont know all his saying is he thinks the words that are used are crap.

Red Superfly
Da Guru, I posted a topic like this a while back. I see you aren't the only one who's a bit worried about the dialogue.

People will argue about Star Wars always having bad dialogue, which it has, but the prequels have so far had REALLY bad dialogue. The originals had a few genius moments to redeem itself ("I love you - I know"wink.

I too read some of the script, and the dialogue looks as bad as Episode II's, to be quite honest.

I'm not going to say it'll definitely be crap, it's just that it ain't lookin' good for those Anakin and Padme scenes.

Mist
and i was countering that by saying the performance MAKES the dialogue. of course it might sound crap on paper.

Red Superfly
Yeah but - did the performance make the dialogue in Episode II any better though?

Eleonora
I don't see anything wrong in those snippets of dialogue between Ani and Padme. Nothing at all. confused

TheElectricFox
Guru must have read that official script from the SS laughing out loud

Red Superfly
Bah, crappy dialogue or not, it's obvious people are too stupid to see bad dialogue in movies anyway, so it'll become irrelevant.

All that matters is "teh action seenz" - right? I mean that is what this new generation of Star Wars fans are all about, after all.

I'm gonna try and enjoy the movie, but it better be good.

Lord Banshee
Anakin: "My powers have doubled since the last time we met, count" - DBZ talk messed

Dooku: "Good... Twice the pride, double the fall" - Star wars beer

Alliance
Perhaps concern is warranted, but really this argument has no point until you can actually hear the dialogue and hear it in contex.

Jedi Priestess
I think its time to say that people have to realise that they are going to be seeing the final movie from GEORGE'S saga. Some of you are not going to be happy with everything. Some of you have built this movie up in your minds so much that NO ONE could make it in a manner that would make you happy. There are going to be people that come out of that theater complaining about dialog, costuming, continuity etc ad nauseum. Please don't allow yourselves to over hype this movie to the point there is no way you are going to enjoy it. Every single movie made has flaws. EVERY ONE OF THEM.

I think if Star Wars fans go to ROTS just for the "fun" of it, they'll be rewarded. I think if people go to ROTS expecting the Holy Grail they are going to be disappointed. It's the last time any of us get to experience this whole Star Wars movie opening thing, relax, savor it, don't ruin it for yourselves ruminating over silly little details.

Of course there are also those of us that will love it no matter whats on the screen. eyes
JarJar turning out to be Vader excluded of course! laughing out loud

Alliance
Amen yes

12345m
i think the dialogues great big grin

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
I think its time to say that people have to realise that they are going to be seeing the final movie from GEORGE'S saga. Some of you are not going to be happy with everything. Some of you have built this movie up in your minds so much that NO ONE could make it in a manner that would make you happy. There are going to be people that come out of that theater complaining about dialog, costuming, continuity etc ad nauseum. Please don't allow yourselves to over hype this movie to the point there is no way you are going to enjoy it. Every single movie made has flaws. EVERY ONE OF THEM.

I think if Star Wars fans go to ROTS just for the "fun" of it, they'll be rewarded. I think if people go to ROTS expecting the Holy Grail they are going to be disappointed. It's the last time any of us get to experience this whole Star Wars movie opening thing, relax, savor it, don't ruin it for yourselves ruminating over silly little details.

Of course there are also those of us that will love it no matter whats on the screen.

Point taken. Good idea. We can pick it apart when the DVD comes out stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.