Best Fighter from TEKKEN?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Tekken 1-5 who was the best fighter you wailed on a sucker with?
Whos the cheapest?
Whos the least usefull?

I have about 800 actual hours of playing Tekkens 1-4 and in every game Paul dominates, he DOMINATES, cheap? yep.
Next in line is Yoshimitsu, i swear to god no one has ever beaten me while having either of these two (Tekken tag...MASSACRE!).

The least useful was union jacks and any of the mimic characters, they just blew!

I hope their are other tekken-heads out there who would like to talk in this thread.

pr1983
i am pretty good with bryan, xiayou, hwoarang and lei...

but i beat everyone with law or jin...

eddy and jack are pretty cheap...

i never liked julia...

long pig
brian is great, hwoarand was all kicks, i could reverse them almost every time.

pr1983
yeah, but i learned some great combos that actually involved punches stick out tongue

SaTsuJiN
top tier characters in tournaments are usually people like Nina Williams , Bruce Irving , King (maybe) , and Marshall / Forest Law.. Heihachi/kazuya are also good to know.. but my favorites from 1 to 5 are

Tekken : I liked nina williams alot due to her arm break combos
Tekken 2 : I then turned to jun kazama, because of her reversals
Tekken 3 : After jun kazama dying, I turned to jin kazama
Tekken 4 : I was five seconds from throwing up after seeing this crap
Tekken 5 : Currently I favor paul phoenix, as he remains oldschool but has some new tricks up his sleeve

gls
actually i'm decent with Kuma good with Devil Jin and hwoarang as well... (on tekken 5)

dark1365
Heihatchi, Lei.

ragesRemorse
Jin is untouchable when you master his moves. Steve fox is fun to use, but he is to easy to control

long pig
I agree, Tekken 4 was garbage, i just beat it and went back to tekken tag.

A lot of folks say how great jin is, i dont see it at all, i mean im good with all of them, but jin is simple,how so? limited moves make it hard to surprise someone.

I was wondering, how do you all hold your controllers?

push buttons with your thumb, or flat handed pushing buttons like you're typing?
I've found out Fighting games are much easier using the ladder method...easy double button pressing and such, you should give it a try if you havent.

Kaistar
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
top tier characters in tournaments are usually people like Nina Williams , Bruce Irving , King (maybe) , and Marshall / Forest Law.. Heihachi/kazuya are also good to know.. but my favorites from 1 to 5 are

Tekken : I liked nina williams alot due to her arm break combos
Tekken 2 : I then turned to jun kazama, because of her reversals
Tekken 3 : After jun kazama dying, I turned to jin kazama
Tekken 4 : I was five seconds from throwing up after seeing this crap
Tekken 5 : Currently I favor paul phoenix, as he remains oldschool but has some new tricks up his sleeve

damn, you know whats up w/ fighting games =] my respect goes to you.

on a side note, Nina and Steve are soooooooooooooo cheap in Tekken 5

long pig
He sure did man, I play tag everyday and wouldnt spell most of the names right.

T5 is so much better than. nina has always been cheap.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Kaistar
damn, you know whats up w/ fighting games =] my respect goes to you.

on a side note, Nina and Steve are soooooooooooooo cheap in Tekken 5 lol big grin My friend said someone won a few rounds in a tourney with nina just by jabbing (rofl) ... steve's dodging is just rediculous.. but I guess he can get predictable

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by long pig
I agree, Tekken 4 was garbage, i just beat it and went back to tekken tag.

A lot of folks say how great jin is, i dont see it at all, i mean im good with all of them, but jin is simple,how so? limited moves make it hard to surprise someone.

I was wondering, how do you all hold your controllers?

push buttons with your thumb, or flat handed pushing buttons like you're typing?
I've found out Fighting games are much easier using the ladder method...easy double button pressing and such, you should give it a try if you havent.

Jin is great beacause he has combos that damage both the upper and lower body rapidly, and badass counters. Jin moves fluent in his combos for me.

I lay my controller on my lap and use my middle and fore finger to tap the controlls.

SaTsuJiN
jins new style is too plain for me.. I do like some of his new punch techniques, but they're predictable

speiderman
I am good with Paul Phoenix. So he is the best character in my opinion.

SaTsuJiN
I like his moves alot too.. unfortunately he's usually only semi-finals material.. Its possible that he doesnt have enough unpredictability to become finals material

TrAnCeDuO
i usually use law and brian

long pig
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I lay my controller on my lap and use my middle and fore finger to tap the controlls.

Thats exactly how I use it as well, my friends always wonder how i can play with the controller like that to me its natural, I played the arcade version too much to go back to using my thumb.

pr1983
Originally posted by long pig
Thats exactly how I use it as well, my friends always wonder how i can play with the controller like that to me its natural, I played the arcade version too much to go back to using my thumb.

i play like that in tekken and only tekken, which is quite weird... every other game i use my thumb...

and i agree with ragesremorse, jin once you're used to him is amazing...

SaTsuJiN
I think asuka is better.. she's just like Jun with better (more unpredictable) animation frames

pr1983
I think asuka is better.. she's just like Jun with better (more unpredictable) animation frames

5 isnt out over here yet...

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by pr1983
5 isnt out over here yet...
*teases him* pokey

pr1983
*teases him* pokey

bas7ard... stick out tongue

black robb
Eddy Gordo and Bryan Fury

ragesRemorse
jins new style is too plain for me.. I do like some of his new punch techniques, but they're predictable

how is it predictable? Jins combo's put a stop to predictable counters, which makes him so bad ass. His low punches perform as a downward slant, his high punches perform in upward slant. His kicks are just friggin awsome. With jin all you have to do is let the other player do the work for you, while you reverse moon crescent the back of thier skull, and take them for a ride on an 8 hit combo all the way to victory.

What do you mean by predictable though? Jin is a defensive fighter, is that why you say he is predictable. If jin were offensive he would be more like his daddy. Of course the best fighters are always steve and whore-ang, but using them is just cheap. It's like when you played street fighter, and you would lose to some slap nut because he would only do one move over and over again.

SaTsuJiN
yeah but thats the thing.. why waste your time doing all that fancy crap if someones dumb enough to fall for the same thing. its really putting too much effort into something (or someone) undeserving of your fighting game talent

at the very end of the railroad of learning tekken though.. I wind up preferring people like Mokujin or for soul calibur : edgemaster... playing as 1 character for a 5-bout match can get pretty boring

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.