Dungeons and Dragons RPG Game thread: "Eastern Storm Rising"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fire
.......Welcome to the first part of my Alvadurian Campaign: "Eastern Storm Rising"...........

- Sarwyn: The city smelled like a burst-open spice-rack. Sure it has its flaws but it felt good to have solid ground under your feet once again. After those weeks of tracking lost cattle in the Rundarion mountains a bath would be a welcome threat. But first to the Joyful Halfling to meet with your contractor and getting your pay.

- Ander: There it is, finally, Takuna-Sato the city itself. After hearing so many tails about the wondrous metropolis filled with all the spices from both east and west, busier than a wasps nest. It hardly looks that big. Maybe those stories were exaggerated after all. Only one way to find out. Maybe you'll find that guy, Bail, your uncle is always talking about. What was the name of that damn Tavern again? Aah the Dwarven Barelle that was the place.

- Rusky: For the first time out alone in the city. Be back before the next full moon they said Plenty of time to find some adventure and combat evil wherever it may occur. The years of training have paid off. You can feel eyes watching you as you walk through the streets. For the first time in your life you feel as if nothing is going wrong. No evil lurking in the darkness up ahead. Only adventure and ways to please your god.

- Vash: The city at last it's been a few days since they lost your trail but in these open fields they can easily find you again. No place to hide like the richest city in the world. Altho stealing that gem might have been a mistake I can live of this thing for years to come
Standing on a small hill top you can see the city laying there Ripe for the pickings. Only that damn toll bridge to cross and you're all clear to get started.

(DMs note:
- I will not always do it like this just the opening posts.
- You all start with some baggage which you didn't choose but were given anywayz
- Be sure to check out the character Thread to see your characters final look and the clarifications of their abilities
- The rules thread will be uped later on, no need for that right now.
- The campaign info thread also holds a map of the city. I will explain all the numbers on the map as your character get to know them.)

Trickster
Ander heads toward the centre of the city, all the while looking around as if expecting to see the tavern just by the main throughfare. He decides that the best place to start from is the centre, surely somebody will be able to give him directions from there.
Out of curiosity he tries to spot each and every civic guard on the streets.

Fire
You see quite a few civic guards, tho not heavily armed.
Walking done what appears to be one of the main roads you see a Cathedral coming up. It appears to be a Cathedral for Heironeous smack in the middle of this overwhelming city. On the square surrounding the cathedral there's a market. They're selling everything from livestock to arms and armour. Chances are someone will indeed know that Tavern.

"Excuse me sir? you looking to buy a nice sword?" asks a man from behind you.

"Or maybe some apples" asks the older woman from her fruit-stand a bit further away

Trickster
Ander smiles a the traders and the armourer, then walks to the old woman.
"I'll take that offer of an apple, if I may," he says in his best accent, "I was wondering, I've bee told to meet an old friend here but as I'm sure you can tell I really don't know Takuna-Sato too well. Would you perhaps know of a place called the Dwarven Barelle?"

Storm
Sarwyn took a deep breath, taking in the scent of the city. On familiar ground, she made her way to the Joyful Halfling. The sooner she settled her business, the better.

Fire
"Sure walk around the church and take Unicorn Road then about the 20th street on your left handside, small buidling but a friendly place. That will be 5 copper pieces for the apple sir."

You reach the familiar sight of The Joyful Halfling. Small building, typical halfling style. About 4 ft high, round windows on either side of the oval green door. The whole building is painted White with a yellow roof. After ducking and opening the door you decent down a few stairs and are able to stand. Your contractor is sitting at a round table in the back near the fireplace. Tim and Tom (halfling twins) are behind the bar chattering like two school girls.

Trickster
Ander walks off, thanking the woman for the directions and gives her a ten copper piece. He heads around the cathedral and looks for Unicorn road, then follows the directions.

Storm
A smile lighting up her face, Sarwyn nodded a greeting to Tim and Tom. Her eyes travelled all over the room, spotting her contractor in the back and she walked towards his table.

Fire
After a while you reach "The Dwarven Barelle" a two story building made out of stone with a nice big door which is standing open. From inside comes the warm laughter of dwarves. As soon as you stick your head inside you can smell the tabacco and roasted meat. You're having a bit of trouble breathing because of the smoke. However this place feels like home for some reason.

rusky
(we're all in the same city right ?)

Rusky takes a deep breath... closes his eyes... and decides to head towards the local Tavern, to hear the popular stories, and have pint of ale. (heh, nobody see a drunk paladin before ?? big grin )

Fire
(yep you all are in the same city)

Euhm which Tavern there are about 6?

rusky
(does it matter ? smile the closest one)

Trickster
Ander walks toward the bar slowly, locking gazes with anyone who stares at him, then smiling and continuing on. He's checking the room for anybody not so dwarven.

If he doesn't see them before he reaches the bar, he asks the barman for Bail.

Fire
That will be the "Inn of Iron"

You know this inn quite well it is big a building a former warehouse. So there is very little light inside. The interior speaks for itself a lot of it is done with Iron and steel (Art Nouveau kinda style) The bartender, Barvak, calls you over after you enter
"Good day my friend, what can I do for you today?"

There are a couple of humans in the bar, Ander.
When you ask the Bartender he points to a man sitting at table in the corner quite a big fella with a brown leather skirt and a bald spot on his head.

rusky
"Hello bartender. I would like some Ale. And some news on what's been happening lately would be appreciated also."

Fire
(you can address him with his First name if you want Rusky)

"Not much happening lately, that is atleast nothing unusual. Altho there is word a carnival would arrive in town tomorrow. That's got to be interesting. Besides that nothing much happening here."
*hands you an ale*

"That will be 5 copper pieces lad"

Trickster
Ander wanders over to Bail's table.
"May I have this seat," he asks the man, openly surveying him, "My uncle sent me. He said I should meet you."

Change uncle for . Lol.

Fire
"Ah.. How is the old geaser. Been a while since I last saw him. Good man brew a mighty ale, I ain't bad myself if I may say so."

Dark Mousy
Vash walks up to the toll bridge, hiding what he stole sleathily. "May I come through? ANd how much is that toll?"

Trickster
"He told me to tell you that he was well... And then told me to wish you well," Ander paused, thinking, "In fact, he never told me what else I had to say to you. Perhaps I'm meant to help you in some way?"

Fire
"Sure you can Master Half-Elf. I might be mistaken but are you from Mercurionas? The Toll is 3 silverpieces on foot Sir"

"Well I can always use a hand around the brewery. But maybe you should think that over for a few days. Do you have a place to spend the night?"

Dark Mousy
"Yep" answered Vash before taking out the needed money and giving it to the guards. He then strolled through the bridge. The first good hiding place he found was efcours a Tavern... He came in slowly.

Trickster
"I'm afraid not, master brewer. I set out just to experience life away from the plains."

Fire
Not quite yet Tidus before you reach the inner city you have to pass the guards at the gate:
"What's your business here sir?"

"Well you can sleep at my house if you're willing, we're going to the Carnival tomorrow, ever seen one?"

Dark Mousy
"Sleeping overnight"

Fire
"Ok go about your business then."

once you enter the city someone comes up to you, dressed in black leather armor and a cloack, carrying a rapier and a concealed! handcrossbow under his left sleave. "Howdy stranger. you look like my kinda guy what say you we go and have a drink in a place where we can talk without being disturbed?"

----------------------------------------
Rule wise This just happened:
the cloacked man had concealed a handcrossbow. Which means he has to make a hide check:
- I rolled a d20 and added his hide skill to get the final result I rolled a 9 added 6 for the mans hide skill which gave me 15
Then I rolled Vash his Spot check in the same manner: a d20+vash his spot skill.
- I rolled a 15 added 2 for the spot skill which came up 17

= Meaning Vash noticed the concealed crossbow

Dark Mousy
"Why, not?" answered Vash. HE got the uneasy feeling, what if this guy was a spy, or worst a guard which saw him steal the gem.

Fire
The man walks along with you through the city: Down Phoenix Road past the Cathedral and down Harbour road. Turning left in a small alley ending up in a shabby Inn, apparently called: "The two cent Beer"

Upon entering you see there are a few round tables in the center. The bar is in the back, which is apparently done by an Orc, with a door to the right and a staircase to the right. Along the walls are private boots which can be closed with curtains. All except one are open now.

Dark Mousy
Vash walks into one of the privet bootd and sits down. "Talk." he said.

rusky
"Thanks Barvak!"
"Carnival you say ? That *has* to be interesting, don't remember seeing one in ages."
"Any strange figures, you know, out-of-towners, you heard about lately ?"

Fire
The man follows you and sits down on the opposit end of the table. "Well ", he says speaking almost perfect mercurion, "I know who you are Vash and I know what you have done. Must have been hard shaking of those damn guards." He pauzes for a moment "you want a drink?"
*signals the orc from behind the bar*

"No not really rusky, atleast not more than usual. But tomorrow evening when the carnival performs I expect a big turn out."

rusky
"Well then, thank you my friend, how much would a room here at the inn cost me, for the night ?"

Fire
"Two gold pieces my friend"

Dark Mousy
Vash grits his teeth in a smirk, smoothly moving his left hand to his rapier's handle... "...Your point?"

Fire
"My point is as follows I can bring you in contact with someone who will buy that gem with out asking questions. For a small price ofcourse."
*turns to the orc*
"Hector I'd like a pitcher of beer please"
*orc walks away*

Dark Mousy
"...How do I trust you?"

Fire
"You don't but that's not the issue. You can either sell that gem to my contact or get arrested when you pay with it in the city... or maybe even worse."

Fire
Originally posted by Storm
A smile lighting up her face, Sarwyn nodded a greeting to Tim and Tom. Her eyes travelled all over the room, spotting her contractor in the back and she walked towards his table.

"Aah Sarwyn I trust you found my lost cattle (you did btw) Well we agreed on a price of 4 goldpieces per cow, it being 4 cows that makes 16 goldpieces. Sadly enough I only have 12 will that do?"

rusky
"Thank you Barvak, here you go, 2gp for the bed,5cp for the drink and 10cp for the trouble. *smiles and winks*. I'll be in my room, resting and meditating if anyone asks around."

Fire
"Sure thing chap"

Storm
"You' ll find them back at your farm again. 12 gp is more than enough.", Sarwyn assured in a reassuring voice.

Fire
"Thank you Sarwyn. you heard about the Carnival coming to the city tomorrow?" the man asks with a glowing smile.

Storm
"Yes, I overheared scraps of children' s excited conversation."

Fire
"Well my brother works there as part of your payment I would like to give you this" *hands you a piece of paper with writing on it in a language you don't understand* "ask for Nemy and give him this then he'll let you see the show for free"

Storm
*Takes the note and lets her eyes run over the incomprehensible words, studying them for a moment.*
"Thank you for this invitation, I' ll make use of it. If you need my help, you know where to find me."

Fire
"That I do, Thanks again Sarwyn" *the man gets up waves to Tim and Tom and leaves the Inn*

Trickster
Ander looks confused, "A carnival? What's that?"

(Country bumpkin!)

Fire
"It's a gathering of people who do tricks and perform with animals. Quite exciting. But we must go now it's getting late already."

Trickster
"Whatever you say, Bail," Ander said, bemused at this 'carnival'. He stood up, ready to go, but unsure of the etiquette involved.

Dark Mousy
Vash overheard Carnival conversation, he thought he could check it out later. "...I guess I'll try to trust you" answered Vash to the man.

Fire
*Bail stands up to and together you walk to his house, passing by the market again to pick up some food apparently. He lives in a stately home. Not too big but big enough to have a guest room*

(Carnival is in another bar Vash)

When the orc returns the man converses with him briefly in a language you don't understand Vash. "He's willing to pay you 100 goldpieces for that gem. I'd take it if I were you."

Dark Mousy
"Deal" answered Vash taking the gem out.

Fire
*the man takes the gem and gives you a pouch with 9 platinum pieces*
"There that should do it, I also took the liberty to withhold the fee of the White Wolves"
(a platinum piece is worth 10 goldpieces)

Dark Mousy
Vash stands up. "See you" he sais before leaving the Tavern.

Fire
"Enjoy your stay in our fine city" the man replies.

And that concludes that day

Fire
The next day you all (conveniontly) find yourselves at the Carnival. They have set up camp on the market square surrounding the Cathedral. Even without the market the city still smells like spices and it seems to be even busier than before. Magicians, some of which are actual mages, men who eat swords, tight-rope walkers, gambling games, men who eat and spit out fire, exotic animals.... This Carnival really has everything!

POOF some fire work just went off as smoke drifts by

"Well hello there people" says a man, dressed in something that looks like a modern day tuxedo and a big pointy hat. He's standing on a small crate "I welcome you all to my Carnival I hope you all have a wonderful time here. On the other side of this wonderful cathedral I have a tent which holds all the marvells of the world."

Trickster
Staring around himself in curious awe, Ander looked up at the man.
"A tent with all the marvels of the world? Surely that would only make your tent the single marvel of the world. Unless you have managed to put nature into a tent."

Fire
"Well my good man pay the fee, 5 silver pieces, and come and see for yourself."

- Ander and Vash you start to hear people screaming from a bit further down South. You can not yet see why they are screaming but you both sense they are in fear.

- Sarwyn you can distinctly hear people screaming "Bear! Bear! Run for your lives!"

People start to flee in all directions the man with the hat jumps from his crate and runs towards the entrance of the cathedral.

Trickster
Ander turns and runs toward the commotion, to see what's going on.

Dark Mousy
Vash smirked, he drew his rapier and began to run throu the crowd of incoming running people to the commotion. "Make way! Mercurian coming throu!" shouted Vash as he did so.

SpikeSpiegel
~Hi guys~

Kan Karsh leapt down from the wagon he had hidden in. He took a long deep breath - trying to fill his lungs with clean, fresh air instead of the stale air in the wagon. He must have been in there for atleast a week - at least that's what it felt like. He looked around the square, so many people...to rob. A big grin reached across his face.

Fire
Kan you see a half-elf with a drawn rapier and a human move into a crowed running in the opposite direction

rusky
Rusky makes his way to the incident as well..

SpikeSpiegel
Looks like fun... Kan thought to himself, chasing after the others to see what had drawn their attention.

Storm
Alarmed, Sarwyn runs in the direction of the voices.

Fire
After about 10 seconds of running you are all out of the crowd. You come to a deserted part of the market square with the cathedral to your left hand side. At about 50ft. down south from you guys. There is a black bear standing, covered in blood. Beneath him lies half a body the other half is scattered around the market place.

Ok People this is your first combat. I'll now explain a few simple rules of combat -More rules will come in play as time goes by- I first want you guys to get the basic so it's gonna look like you can't do much in combat for now more will come (TONS MORE)

First, Initiative This is fairly easy I make an initiative roll for all of you individualy a d20+your dex+any bonusses you might have (noone has any so far) This determines the order of turns for the rest of the combat.

The result for the following combat is this:
- Rusky: NATURAL 20, I hope you all remember the rule a natural 20 (rolling a 20 on a d20 is an auto succes in initiative it is an ALWAYS FIRST ticket)
- Sarwyn: 21
- Kan: 20
- Bear: 20
- Ander: 13
- Vash: 12

that's how the order will be for the remainder of this combat.

Actions
There are 4 kinds of actions (which all take a different amount of time) Always take into account you have 1 standard action and 1 move action in one round or you have 1 Full-round action. You can add a few free actions to the combo stan+move but you can only add 1 free action to a full-round action

Standard Actions:
- Attack
- Cast a spell
- Drink a potion
- Draw a hidden weapon

Move Actions:
- Move
- Draw a weapon*
- Load a hand or Light crossbow
- Ready or lose a shield*

Full-Round Actions:
- Charge
- Load a heavy or repeating crossbow
- Withdraw

Free Actions:
- Speak
- Drop an item
- Drop to the floor

*: If you have a base attack of +1 or higher (at the moment only Rusky and Sarwyn, you can perform one of these actions while you move)

Charge
Charge is a full-round action. It basicly means you storm at your opponent using your momentum for extra damage, but a charge is reckless. Basicly you get a +2 to your attack. and you get a -2 to AC till your next turn. you can ONLY charge when you have a straight clear line to your target. You must move atleast 10 ft and you can move upto twice your movement at maximum

Withdraw
This if a full-round action and it is almost the only save way to leave combat you can move up to twice your movement speed when withdrawing

Movement
you can only move a limited number of feet per turn. it depends on your speed and that is

Rusky: 20ft
Sarwyn: 30ft
Kan: 30ft
Bear: 40ft
Ander: 20ft
Vash: 30ft

Ander and Rusky you guys are moving slower because you are wearing heavier armour.

Voila this is all you need to know for now.

Feel free to post what you are doing, you don't have to wait for Rusky I'll just adapt the sequence and if something happens which cancels your action I'll let you know.

rusky
I guess I'll move towards the bear, and ready my shield.

Fire
Ok I'll rule you also take out your sword.

So the situation now is as follows.

You guys are all still standing 50 ft away from the bear except for rusky who is standing 30 ft from the bear with drawn sword and readied shield

SpikeSpiegel
Kan Snorts, "This really isn't my problem..."

He walks (sorta away, but sorta towards the bear at an angle if ya no what i mean)

Fire
Sure that's doable but it unless you take one of the smaller roads and travel behind some buildings the others will still know what you are doing

Storm
Sarwyn draws her longbow, aims carefully and tries to shoot the enraged bear between the eyes.

Fire
Sarwyn shoots at the bear but her shot is a little high, she ends up hitting it in the back for 5 damage. The bear growls. even more enrage as it was before it launchs at Rusky with incredible speed. And it bites a piece out of his shoulder for 5 damage as well.

--------------------------------------------
RuleWise (from now on known as RW):
- I Rolled 11 +4 (Sarwyns attack bonus) makes 15 and a hit.
- I rolled 8 +6 (Bears attack bonus) +2 for charge makes 16 a hit. Remember the bear has now a -2 TO AC until his next turn.

-Rusky: Nat.20/6/13/20ft: DONE
- Sarwyn: 21/10/16/30ft: DONE
- Kan: 20/8/16/30ft: DONE
- Bear: 20/-5/11/40ft: DONE
- Ander: 13/7/12/20ft
- Vash: 12/6/15/30ft

First is your initiative, Second is your current hitpoints (for foes this is the amount of damage taken -hence why it is negative. It keeps more excitement if I don't post how much HP a creature has left)
Third is your movement. Fourth is your AC bonus for this round
Fifth is your status. DONE means you have to wait for a new round to start.

SpikeSpiegel
Originally posted by Fire
Sure that's doable but it unless you take one of the smaller roads and travel behind some buildings the others will still know what you are doing

Yeah, I plan to stick around, walking slowly away...Only getting involved if I need to.

Dark Mousy
Vash will attack the bear with his Rapier.

Fire
I assume you will charge since there is no other way for you to reach it, you can only travel 30ft and attack, unless you charge (60ft) and the bear is at 50ft so.

Fire
Vash charges the Bear to aid the human who just got a piece bitten out of him. Because the bear still is focused on Rusky he never says the rapier coming, which Vash nicely plants in his side for 6 damage.
-----------------------
RW: I rolled 12+1+2 (for the charge)=15 which beats the 11 AC of the bear.

-Rusky: Nat.20/6/13/20ft: DONE
- Sarwyn: 21/10/16/30ft: DONE
- Kan: 20/8/16/30ft: DONE
- Bear: 20/-11/11/40ft: DONE
- Vash: 12/6/13/30ft: DONE

rusky
( "Third is your movement. Fourth is your AC bonus for this round" Actually I think these are the other way around..)

Fire
(yep my bad)

Trickster
Ander shakes his head, clearing his thoughts. Raising both hands in front of him he makes a quick series of short gestures, finishing by suddenly jabbing one hand toward the bear, palm outward.

A bolt of crackling red energy flies from his hand, to strike the bear as it attacks Rusky.

Fire
The missile hits for 3 damage, The bear makes a loud Roar.
--------------------------------
RW: nothing to explain.

- Rusky: Nat.20/6/13/20ft:
- Sarwyn: 21/10/16/30ft:
- Kan: 20/8/16/30ft:
- Bear: 20/-14/11/40ft:
- Vash: 12/6/13/30ft:

The situation is as follows

Sarwyn and Ander are standing 20ft north of the Bear. Rusky and Vash are in melee combat with the bear.

Kan stands about 10ft north of the bear and about 15ft west of it

Vash and Rusky if one of you moves you can flank the bear. Which gives you both a +2 to attack and allows Vash to make a sneak attack

Dark Mousy
Yep, The half elven thief will use Sneak Attack on the bear's flank with his rapier.

rusky
(won't that trigger an AoO ? )
Rusky moves to flank the bear, also delivering a blow with his sword.

Fire
(nope cause you can both take a 5ft step, which doesn't provoke an attack of opportunity and flank the bear like that. but AoO's are for later on in the game Rusky)

Fire
Rusky moves a step to the right of the bear and slash at him with his longsword. un fortunately he misses.

--------------
RW: roll is 7+3 makes 10 which doesn't beat the 11 AC of the bear. Rusky take into account that you didn't get a +2 to bonus to attack from flanking cause at this point the bear is not yet flanked. Vash needs to move first (which is at the end of the round)

- Rusky: Nat.20/6/13/20ft: DONE
- Sarwyn: 21/10/16/30ft:
- Kan: 20/8/16/30ft:
- Bear: 20/-14/11/40ft:
- Vash: 12/6/13/30ft:

rusky
(must've drunk too much ale last night... laughing )

Trickster
Ander casts magic missile again.

SpikeSpiegel
Kan looks at the fight, shrugging his shoulders and weighing the odds...

"Ah, Hell...." He casually says as he charges the bear.

Storm
Seeing the human getting hit, Sarwyn drops her bow and starts to run over to the bear, drawing her sword - while making a 360 degree turn - she ends up stabbing it at the bear' s head with all her force.

Fire
Sarwyn charges the bear a split second earlier then Kan. Dealing 6 damage taking the bear out. Kan arrives at the death bear a split second later.

Combat ends.

rusky
"Thank you for your assistance" Rusky says out loud, while looking at the ranger who prolly just saved his life. 'Gotta cut back on the drink' he thinks to himself.
"My name is Rusky. Who do I have the honor of meeting ? "

Dark Mousy
Vash spins his rapier in his hand and then puts it back into his shead.

SpikeSpiegel
Kan turns to walk away, "...just another shadow..." He says mysteriously to Rusky's comment

Fire
a man appears from behind the corner, he looks a tad shaken.
"Good grieves well thank you my good men and woman ofcourse. You have probably saved the lives of tens of people how can I reward you?"

rusky
"No reward will be necesary, seeing these good people safe is more than enough."

Dark Mousy
"Not..." added Vash. "5 gold pieces would be enough for a reward.."

SpikeSpiegel
Kan turns upon hearing the word reward, barging through, pushing everyone out of his way.

"Some gold would be nice..."

Storm
"Sarwyn... how' s that shoulder?" I ask Rusky.

Sarwyn frowns, turns towards the half-elf and human and says in a disapproving manner: "A reward will not be necessary".

"I' ve never seen such an enraged bear as this one before. Do you know the owner?"

Fire
"Well seeing as there are five of you, I will give you a total of five goldpieces, how you distribute it is your business....

*he hands the money to Rusky*

Now Sarwyn? it was? I don't know what happened to our bear he looked fine a minute ago. Altho there was a man around who was acting funny dressed in a white cape."

Vash and Ander you both notice a man in a white cape looking at you from behind the corner, when catches you looking at him he turns and runs away, as he turns you see a white cape flashing from behind the corner for a moment.

---------------------------
RW: Vash and Ander where the only two to pass there spot checks. Ander got lucky because of his familiar.

RW2: Why Rusky got the money? I rolled a d4 assigning you all numbers it came up with Ruskys number

Trickster
Without mentioning it to the others, Ander runs after the man, ignoring the money. He lets out a loud whoop as he begins the chase, preparing his second magic missile in his mind.

Dark Mousy
Vash was right began ANder, chasing after the man, his hand on the hilt of his rapier.

Fire
the others see the half-elf and the spellcaster run off to a street corner as if their lives depended on it. Behind the corner Vash and Ander you see the white cape head around another corner.

rusky
"The shoulder shall heal, thanks for asking...and moreso...thanks for making sure it has time to heal wink "
"Hmm...those two sure are in a hurry...I wonder what got over them ?"
"Indeed, have u any ideea what has happened to this here bear ?"

Dark Mousy
Vash curses in Mercurion as he continues the chase.

Fire
"No Master Paladin I have never seen Jimbo, the bear, act like that. He must have been under the influence of a spell I believe but I can't sense or see magic so I do not know."

The man with the funny hat, who stood on the crate earlier, comes walking towards the ones still standing there.

SpikeSpiegel
Kan looks expectantly at Rusky, expecting to recieve some of the money

rusky
Rusky notices Kan's persistent stare.. stick out tongue
"Here you go... *hands Kan 3 gp*, I'm <sure> you'll take the time to share this with the others, should you happen upon them" rusky says, attempting a convincing gaze.

"Please, take this *gives 5gp back to man*. Surely this loss has cost you enough.. I regret the attitude displayed here today. Good day to you."

Notices the man with the funny hat coming closer.

"Good day sir. Who might you be ?"

SpikeSpiegel
Kan tosses the gp from hand to hand, "thanks."

He walks casually off in the direction the others ran off in.

Fire
The man stops huffing and puffing "I am the owner of this carnival and this was my bear...

Lyu Mya bear nu tardu quoli dara...." he says to the other man

".... Hiey bear ys gyga gewot" replies the other man

The first man, wiv his hat, mutters a few words and makes a waving gesture with his arm towards the area where the bear stood.

"..hmmm strange, did anyone here use magic?" he asks you guys.

SpikeSpiegel
i'll just continue walking, going down any back allies I get to until I'm infront of the man in the white cape or whoever ran after him.

Fire
well Spike the only thing you know is the corner the others passed. besides that you know nothing so that last post won't help you out one bit

SpikeSpiegel
hmmmm....ok so i'll just follow them i guess, albeit slower

Storm
"Neither of us did" replies Sarwyn to the man with the hat.

Fire
Kan you just spot them going around another corner.

"Someone used magic here, Both Divine and Arcane. A spell must have affected my bear to start behaving this way. If you can find out who and for what reason a big reward will come to you my friends!"

Storm
'Both Divine and Arcane' Sarwyn ponders to herself while setting off in pursuit, following the human who walked off the last.

rusky
Rusky follows up..

Fire
Ok so we have a chase on our hands!

Situation: The man in the white cloack is leading the chase since he is the target well d'uh followed by Ander and Vash at a distance of about 100ft, Kan is behind them another 90ft and Rusky and Sarwyn are behind Kan 40ft

Now who can keep this up.

The man in the white cloack is slowly gaining more ground on both Ander and Vash, the distance is now probably a 120ft. Kan is running like a trained runner with an excellent physical condition -kinda like a marathon runner- and is steady gaining ground, only behind 60 ft now, Rusky is quickly losing ground thanks to his armour which really isn't made for running and on top of that his shoulder is hurting like hell. Sarwyn has almost caught up with Kan, she is behind 10ft.

Ander and Vash you better do something soon or you are going to lose this guy. He made another turn left.

rusky
"Dammit.... " rusky utters to himself...
(can I try and risk it wiv some side alleys ?)

Fire
Yea you can, you actualy have a bit of an idea to which part of Town he is heading anyway. You think it's working Rusky

Trickster
Ander is going to start reciting the magic missile spell, and as soon as he's in range he'll launch it at the man.

Dark Mousy
Fire, can Vash use his sleighting techingues and stuff like that to maybe take a de tour and cut him off somewhere?

Fire
Since you have only just been in this city for two days no Vash. You are however pretty certain he's moving towards the shabby part of the city, the one where that white wolves guy took you.

Dark Mousy
And maybe I can somehow run in a faster route to there? Go around to the part of the city to the shabby part to cut him off?

Fire
Nope that's not an option Vash, again your knowledge if this city is limited, if you could somehow get a mount, or find a way to get a birds eye view of things it would a lot easier.

Dark Mousy
...Can I find anything around me? A horse maybe I could steal or something?

Fire
well there are a few people riding horses and a few horses are tied outside of houses and shops. Remember if you steal a horse here it is the equivalent as car-jacking or stealing a car in broad daylight. The police won't like it (unless you return the horse ofc)

Dark Mousy
And how much would a horse cost?

Fire
From 75 goldpieces for a light horse to 400 goldpieces for a heavy warhorse

Dark Mousy
Oh cool, I got somewhere like 40 left, and then plus the five platinum pieces, so can I quickly buy it?

Fire
nope not that quickly unless you address a man in the street to buy his riding horse. Vash you have a total of 110 Goldpieces worth (of which 9 platinum pieces)

rusky
Oki then...I'll try and make my way towards his probable destination then..

Fire
You start heading south ignoring the turns till you hit a big street which runs straight into the more shabby part of the city

rusky
I guess I try to keep my eyes open for the moment...

Storm
*Keeps on running.*

SpikeSpiegel
i'll chase after the others some more

Fire
After another half a minute you all arrive at a house. You are all in the shabby part of town, the brown part on the map. The house is made of wood mostly except the door frame and the door itself which appear to be a massive gray stone. It is slightly starting to rain and the sun is settling. A foul smell of rotting fish, puke and urine is filling the air. This part of the city stands in great contrast with the rest. As you all have a moment to catch.

The order in which you arrive at the house is the following:
Sarwyn arrives first coming from the East, half a second later Ander arrives from the west. Then Rusky pops up behind Sarwyn, Vash arrives shortly after Ander from the West (with or without a horse remains to be seen) Kan arrives from the West last of all, you made a bad fall at the last turn.

Now seeing as you came from both sides and the man with the cape isn't there he either entered one of the houses, probably this one since you guys appeared from allies on both sides of this house. Or he vanished in thin air, always remember this world has magic in it. People can vanish in thin air, become invisible and god knows what else.

Storm
"We meet again."

On her guard, Sarwyn enters the house with her sword at the ready.

rusky
"Ah...hello everybody.. "
"Hmmm... who would use such a massive stone door on a wooden house ??"

Rusky follows, shield and sword in hand..

Fire
Small problem Sarwyn the door appears to be locked solid from the inside.

Storm
I' ll try to pierce through the wood.

Fire
Sarwyn jams her sword through the wood and looks inside I suppose. after the dust clears you see an empty room with a few cloths on the floor and a few empty barrels standing in the far left corner. There is a wooden door in the far end wall.

Storm
Sarwyn turns towards the company.
"Something isn' t right. A door out of massive gray stone yet you can easily cut a way through the wood" she reasons aloud.

Fire
Feel free to have a closer look guys

Trickster
(Unlock it Sarwyn?)

Fire
There is no visible lock nor handle, it seems this door isn't ment to be opened kinda like the door to a tomb or anything like that

Fire
After a bit of a conversation with Trickster on MSN he said Ander was going to search the door and frame to see if there was a switch. After a minute or so, by that time Sarwyn has made a whole big enough in the wood to enter that room, he didn't find anything that looked like a switch.

Trickster
Well Ander will enter the room.

Dark Mousy
Vash will enter the room too taking out his light crossbow and loading it with an arrow he looks around the perimeter of the room.

Fire
Tidus you carry a heavy crossbow remember?

SpikeSpiegel
I too will enter the room, and look for anything worth taking.

rusky
Rusky looks around, prepared for any surprises...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>