Quasar vs Green Lantern ( hal fordan)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Quasar

vs.

Green Lantern
(hal jordan)

gautam
HAL...ALL THE WAY.... big grin big grin big grin big grin

Sentry
Hal still has that weakness to yellow giving Quasar a slight advantage. Last I heard only Kyle's ring was immune to yellow. All of Quasar's energy constucts are yellow.

Quasar takes it. Not easily though.

If it was Kyle Rayner, even though he's rookie, I think he can beat Quasar.

eleveninches
HAL!!!

K Von Doom
Quasar, no doubt.

LordFear
Hal

the Darkone
hal jordan weakness is yellow. Quasar is much faster than him.

eleveninches
HaL WiNs

Superherovandal
I thought he lost his weakness.

gautam
go with 11inches.....its always hal....plus hal is soo much cooler...so quasar just gives up..... cool

ebonyblade1
kyle without a doubt. His ring doesn't have any weaknesses and never needs recharging unless he is going to pull some crazy stunt. I don't know about Hal's new ring. But only an idiot would give a powerful weapon without any weaknesses to a guy who tried to destroy and remake the universe. Kyle's ring is unique and all the other green lantern rings need recharging. And quasar's band doesn't need recharging, so it is a tie if it's anyone else besides kyle.

Sentry
When did he lose that weakness? When he was Parallax? When he was Spectre? If I'm not mistaken isn't Hal just a regular GL?

Mainstream
ebonyblade 1 you meant Hal right? ugh

Sentry
I thought the thread said Hal Jordan

DrDoom
If he still has the yellow weakness - Quasar
If not - Hal. All day, everyday.

Mainstream
I don't think they have the yellow weakness anymore....I read about it ina wizard book.

the Darkone
yellow is still his weakness

Mainstream
you sure..I though the little dudes fix it so it wasn't anymore.....I could be wrong.

the Darkone
gl: rebirth yellow still affects him.

Sentry
Wait a minute. I think in Rebirth or something little guys fixed rings to not have a weakness against yellow. Well Quasar still wins this fight. GL's still have to recharge their rings, while Quasar never has to recharge his bands due to the limitless energy in the Quantam Zone.. Sure Hal's defeated some DC's most powerful villains, Quasar has done the same with marvel's villains. This fight will probably go the distance, and when it's crunch time, Hal's ring will run out of juice. Then he'd lose.

the Darkone
true that. quasar can just wait until his ring needs a recharge and then boom open a can of whoop ass on hal jordan.

kgkg
Originally posted by Sentry
Wait a minute. I think in Rebirth or something little guys fixed rings to not have a weakness against yellow. Well Quasar still wins this fight. GL's still have to recharge their rings, while Quasar never has to recharge his bands due to the limitless energy in the Quantam Zone.. Sure Hal's defeated some DC's most powerful villains, Quasar has done the same with marvel's villains. This fight will probably go the distance, and when it's crunch time, Hal's ring will run out of juice. Then he'd lose.

do you really think the battle will last that long.

the Darkone
Originally posted by kgkg
do you really think the battle will last that long.

who do you think will win?

Sentry
Probably not, because the more they go at it, the more they'll realize their powers are to similar and probably result in a draw.

Cosmic Cube
Quasar wins this painfully easily.

GL rings make constructs of solid light. The Ultimate Guide specifically says so. Quasar can manipulate the light structures. Nothing Hal can really do to him.

Sentry
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Quasar wins this painfully easily.

GL rings make constructs of solid light. The Ultimate Guide specifically says so. Quasar can manipulate the light structures. Nothing Hal can really do to him.

Good point Cube.

the Darkone
no argument from here. good point

BootlegBoys420
Read Rebirth #3 Before You Talk... The Weakness To Yellow Is A Result Of Parallax Being Imprisoned In THe Main Power Battery... Hes No Longer There... So Theres No Weakness... Unless They Reimprison Him... And That Hasnt Happened Yet...
Solid Light? Thats Laughable... If You Read Rebirth #3 Again... Youd Know THat The Green Energy Is Actually Willpower Collected From Every Sentient Being In The Universe THen Shaped By The Willpower And Imagination Of The Rings Weilder... Far From "Solid Light"... So Go Learns Ya Something Then Talk About Green Lanterns Aight!!!!!

HAL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

juggernaut74
I think the Power Cosmic fans out there should read GL Rebirth.

Sentry

I did read rebirth.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by BootlegBoys420
Read Rebirth #3 Before You Talk... The Weakness To Yellow Is A Result Of Parallax Being Imprisoned In THe Main Power Battery... Hes No Longer There... So Theres No Weakness... Unless They Reimprison Him... And That Hasnt Happened Yet...
Solid Light? Thats Laughable... If You Read Rebirth #3 Again... Youd Know THat The Green Energy Is Actually Willpower Collected From Every Sentient Being In The Universe THen Shaped By The Willpower And Imagination Of The Rings Weilder... Far From "Solid Light"... So Go Learns Ya Something Then Talk About Green Lanterns Aight!!!!!

HAL ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!

Solid willpower... so willpower is green? LOL.

juggernaut74
Well it had to be something. What color would you have it?

Sentry
Silver or yellow.

Cosmic Cube
Didn't know something as abstract as willpower could be solidified.

Well, the Green Lantern Ultimate Guide said it is powered by willpower. It also says that the ring creates "constructs of solid light." It then says that all rings except Kyle's are impotent when introduced to yellow light.

demigawd
That makes sense.

juggernaut74
Didn't know something as abstract as willpower could be solidified.

Well, the Green Lantern Ultimate Guide said it is powered by willpower. It also says that the ring creates "constructs of solid light." It then says that all rings except Kyle's are impotent when introduced to yellow light. I didn know light could be solidified either. Anways the old GL rings had the weakness untill Parallax was released cause he caused the impurity in the battery. But now that he is not in the battery the yellow weakness is gone and will stay gone.

BootlegBoys420
Solid willpower... so willpower is green? LOL.

Ummmm..... Yeah... THeres A Spectrum Of Colors That Personify Emotions... Willpower Is Green... So Yeah... Willpower Is Green....
Cosmic Cube... When Did The Guide Come Out? Cause Rebirth Is Happening Now... So You Gotta Figure A Book Thats Currently In Print(Happening Right Now) Is Right... Always Go By The Most Recent Updates Buddy...

juggernaut74
Cosmic dont read DC comics I think. Thats why he dont know any of their powers.

Cosmic Cube
Solidifying energy is more feasible than solidifying "willpower."

Ok. Now, let's get into facts. Quasar can fly at lightspeed or greater, emit and control ALL energies in the electromagnetic spectrum, he can create constructs of solid energy, teleport instantaneously, project force blasts, identify any type of energy, and he has incredible invulnerability.

He is all that Hal is, and so much more.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Cosmic dont read DC comics I think. Thats why he dont know any of their powers.

Yeah I do. I haven't read all of them, but I have read quite a few.

kgkg
Solidifying energy is more feasible than solidifying "willpower."

Ok. Now, let's get into facts. Quasar can fly at lightspeed or greater, emit and control ALL energies in the electromagnetic spectrum, he can create constructs of solid energy, teleport instantaneously, project force blasts, identify any type of energy, and he has incredible invulnerability.

He is all that Hal is, and so much more.
he is also immortal from what i have heard.

Cosmic Cube
Ummmm..... Yeah... THeres A Spectrum Of Colors That Personify Emotions... Willpower Is Green... So Yeah... Willpower Is Green....
Cosmic Cube... When Did The Guide Come Out? Cause Rebirth Is Happening Now... So You Gotta Figure A Book Thats Currently In Print(Happening Right Now) Is Right... Always Go By The Most Recent Updates Buddy...

This one is published in 2002.

Cosmic Cube
Is the GL ring like a cosmic mood ring? Since when is willpower an emotion?

BootlegBoys420
Is the GL ring like a cosmic mood ring? Since when is willpower an emotion?

Like I keep Telling You... Read The Book... Then Come Talk To Me... In The Meantime... You Sound Like Someone Who Likes To Talk Without Knowledge And I Will Not Waste Any More Of My Time Til You SAy Something With Some Revelance Behind It... READ THE BOOK!!!!!

Cosmic Cube
I'm not going out to buy the book tonight.

It doesn't matter whether you debate me or not, so long as I get my point across. I know the GL ring's capabilities, and I know Quasar's abilities. Quasar's faster, more powerful, and much more durable. Quasar will win the fight.

BootlegBoys420
Faster:Nope
Stronger:Maybe
More Durable:No Way

Cosmic Cube
You're talking about Hal, right?

Cosmic Cube
Quasar can exceed lightspeed.
Hal can't even reach lightspeed without using a wormhole.
Quasar has the strength of a normal man.
Hal does as well.
The Quantum Bands project a indestructable force field.
GL's forcefield depend on his willpower.

Faster.
Just as strong.
More durable.

K Von Doom
Quaze dumps Hal into the Q-Zone, end of fight. =)

Sentry
He'll absorb Hal into his quantam bands just like he did to Ego. Hal loses.

whobdamandog
Just to let you peeps know..Quasar can actually accelerate his metabolism using the Q-bands. This technique can make him pretty damb strong. (Weilder's of the Q-bands have been shown to lift up heavy objects..such as cars with ease) He's also apparently immortal now due to receiving the power of the Starbrand for a brief period of time. And in case y'all did not hear, Quasar was also an agent of Shield before he received his powers, and he is very skilled in the martial arts.

Sentry
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Just to let you peeps know..Quasar can actually accelerate his metabolism using the Q-bands. This technique can make him pretty damb strong. (Weilder's of the Q-bands have been shown to lift up heavy objects..such as cars with ease) He's also apparently immortal now due to receiving the power of the Starbrand for a brief period of time. And in case y'all did not hear, Quasar was also an agent of Shield before he received his powers, and he is very skilled in the martial arts.

Wendall Vaughn was a shield agent. That means he's pretty much got edge in a close quarters combat situation. Immortality helps as well. Isn't like Hal immortal now to? If he is, then this fight could go the distance and Hal's ring will run out of juice. Hal loses, because during that time he's defenseless, and will get the crap beat out of him, thus Quasar wins.

hoorayforpeepee
bootleg, you don't appear to be listening. the ring is powered by the collective willpowers of everyone in the universe. the wielder uses will power to create the structures. the structures themselves, however, are indeed solid light.

Cosmic Cube
Besides, this isn't even Hal Jordan. It's Hal Fordan.

DarkCrawler
Sinestro was all about yellow and didn't Hal beat him?

Cosmic Cube
Not Hal Fordan.

the Darkone
quasar has fought adam warlock,malestorm,thanos,imperial guard,the stranger,marvel boy(clone of him by thanos)

BootlegBoys420
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
bootleg, you don't appear to be listening. the ring is powered by the collective willpowers of everyone in the universe. the wielder uses will power to create the structures. the structures themselves, however, are indeed solid light.

Light Isnt Green... The Reason The Constructs Are Green Is Because They Are Made Of Willpower Collected And Projected By The Ring...

Infinity Watch
Light is green dumbass. Never seen a green light?

willpower isnt green.

Sentry
Quasar:

1. Immortal

2. Fly just as fast as a GL, maybe faster. Maybe

3. Excellent close quarter combatant.(Former shield agent)

4. Quasar is also nearly invulnerable with his skin tight nimbus enegry shield.

5. Quasar has taken on the likes of Thanos, Silver Surfer, The Stranger, Magus, and has defeated the likes of Maelstrom and Ego. All of of these guys on their own will stomp Hal.

6. Since he's immortal, he probably has a lot time on his hands, and has probably found out other uses for the Quantam bands... Like how to give himself super strength via quantam bands, how to heal himself via quantam bands, etc...

7. He never has to recharge his bands. His quantam bands draw their energy from the quantam zone, similar to that which the GL's do with that big green battery thing. Quasar has no limits on how much power he draw from the quantam zone. He is only limited by his human mind.

Quasar will win.

K Von Doom
Light Isnt Green... The Reason The Constructs Are Green Is Because They Are Made Of Willpower Collected And Projected By The Ring...

Then Sinestro's ring is yellow because he doesn't need willpower to use it? eek!

eleveninches
Sin's ring is yellow because it is made by the weaponers of quard, and allows him to tap into parallax, and therefore is based on fear

Sentry
Doesn't matter, Quasar wins.

the Darkone
Quasar wins big.

Khellendros
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Good lord, I thought Quaze would win before I read this.

the Darkone
quasar powers are unlimited. where green lantern needs to recharge his ring. hal may willpower so does quasar, that's why he will win a close fight. And he is a better fighter trained my shield and avengers and has knowledge of the universe.

whobdamandog
Originally posted by Khellendros
Good lord, I thought Quaze would win before I read this.

I know ya did...I just enjoy teaching the ignorant..lol... big grin

K Von Doom
Wasn't Hal in the airforce, hence has been trained by the military in hand-to-hand as well. Though I'm still going with my guy Quasar but I don't think it'll end up being a donnybrook.

eleveninches
HAL WINS.

the Darkone
Quasar is faster than green lantern and his powers are unlimited where hal has to recharge his ring. They both have will power and courage but I think quasar has the edge in fighting since he fights cosmic beings on a daily basis malestorm, the-stranger, ego, thanos.

jrodslam
Great battle, but Hal wins.

No, theres no more yellow weakness. Eventhough if there was hed still have a chance to beat him. Hell, Hal beat Sinestro on a regular basis.

The rings collect willpower from every living being in the universe. Raw emotonal willpower converted into energy. Amplified by their own a million times over. Theres an emotional electromagnetic spectrum that can be harnessed and used. Of all the colors, "GREEN" wilpower is the most pure.

Quasar is my favorite cosmic character, but hes slightly outmatched by Hal here.

They way they use their powers are exactly the same. Only Q cant manipulate matter. He can steal energy though(did it to Surfer) but it wouldnt help much because GL's rings also have quantification, and it would try to x-out the Q-bands absorption and vise versa.. It be like a tug of war with willpowers.

In the speed department, they are both equal. Both have shown abilities to fly at greater than light speeds.

The only advantage Quasar has over Hal, is the fact that GL's energy gets low and has to recharge every 24 hours or so. Q-bands never have to charge. I personally dont think the fight will last 24 hrs though. If it does Hal's screwed, unless the rings have backup energy which i doubt.

When it comes down to it, the winner depends on who has the most willpower, whose constructs are more solid, and who can make them faster.

Beacuse Hal does have more willpower and the experience, id give him the edge.

Hal wins 7/10.

long pig
Dude, Quasar is a BEAST.
He's got two weaknesses, Magic, and telepathy, Hal nor Kyle have either.

Quasar is one tough moFO.

jrodslam
Originally posted by long pig
Dude, Quasar is a BEAST.
He's got two weaknesses, Magic, and telepathy, Hal nor Kyle have either.

Quasar is one tough moFO.

Youre only half right my friend. Hal does have telepathy. But i doubt if he'll use it. Quasar's Q-shield would stop it from hapening anyways. Magicians telepathy would work, but Hals no magician. Just wanted to correct you there.

But he also has a weakness in matter manipulation. Thats something he cannot do.

Foes who manipulate matter, psionically or otherwise, he cannot muck with. He deals with energy not matter. The Molecule Man, Sersi, Phoenix, Her, and the Silver Surfer, among others, affect matter in a way he cannot. Her, Sersi, and the Surfer use cosmic energy to do so, however, and he could stop the cosmic energy though not undo anything wrought to matter by that cosmic energy.

Gl's dont emit cosmic energy. Thus Q cant affect it.

He is one tuff s.o.b. By far my favorite of all Marvel cosmic characters.

long pig
Forgot about matter manipulation. Those are the only things i know that he ever couldnt fight against.(he still can fight magic i.e absorb certain blasts, but not stop spells).
You do think that Quasar could just stay away and out speed Hal or Kyle for 24 hours then murder him? Q could just quantam jump until 24hrs is up.
GL's are tough too. Just not exremely in tuned to what all they can do.

jrodslam
Originally posted by long pig
You do think that Quasar could just stay away and out speed Hal or Kyle for 24 hours then murder him? Q could just quantam jump until 24hrs is up.
GL's are tough too. Just not exremely in tuned to what all they can do.

Lol. That would be interesting, but....I dont think theres a speed advantage between either of them. Quasar would have to stay and fight, because he wont be able to escape.

Im not sure if Kyle could go as fast as Hal though.

DigiMark007
Quasar:

1. Immortal

2. Fly just as fast as a GL, maybe faster. Maybe

3. Excellent close quarter combatant.(Former shield agent)

4. Quasar is also nearly invulnerable with his skin tight nimbus enegry shield.

5. Quasar has taken on the likes of Thanos, Silver Surfer, The Stranger, Magus, and has defeated the likes of Maelstrom and Ego. All of of these guys on their own will stomp Hal.

6. Since he's immortal, he probably has a lot time on his hands, and has probably found out other uses for the Quantam bands... Like how to give himself super strength via quantam bands, how to heal himself via quantam bands, etc...

7. He never has to recharge his bands. His quantam bands draw their energy from the quantam zone, similar to that which the GL's do with that big green battery thing. Quasar has no limits on how much power he draw from the quantam zone. He is only limited by his human mind.

Quasar will win.

How the hell did he slip into the amalgam tourney...on SCOOB"S team, no less! *worried*

big grin

-DM

Sentry
Originally posted by DigiMark007
How the hell did he slip into the amalgam tourney...on SCOOB"S team, no less! *worried*

big grin

-DM

Quasar is powerful, but he isn't infallable. He's been defeated before more or less by lower powered characters and bad writing. He is still powerful enough to take Hal. smile

dawsey28
Yeah, I like Hal but Quasar would win this. Mainly due to the 24-hour rule.

It 's actually a tough call though. Hal has taken on some mighty enemies.

Scoobless
Originally posted by DigiMark007

big grin

-DM

whistling

cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.