why does the toy mace's saber look like half of Maul's?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthmaul1
why does the toy mace's saber look like half of Maul's?
is that a big screw up??
see it here
http://www.hasbro.com/pl/page.viewproduct/product_id.15910/dn/starwars/default.cfm

XX Emperor XX
*shakes head* people and their pointless threads

LightSaber_Part
no its not Mual's but its definitely not Mace's either.

Lord Banshee
toys??? omg erm geek

lucasfilm
hey SABER PART... youre using that sig i made for you a HELLA long time ago? lol

mephistodesigns
Its his TPM saber hilt. If you look at promo pics of him for TPM, he had that saber. The toy of him from TPM has that saber, then for some reason, Hasbro released a purple one of that saber, instead of his current, correct, saber.

PVS
hasbro is lazy.
end of story

((The_Anomaly))
maces saber hilt looks nothing like that at all

amity75
In TPM Mace had a sabre hilt like that. It has a clear shot in the visual encyclopedia.

((The_Anomaly))
the saber hilt he had in TPM was a clan saber....

jaden101
get the real deal (well...better anyway)

http://www.movierealms.com/acatalog/FX_Lightsabers.html

thejeditraitor
it's not even the REAL toy version.
it's just some WEAK ASS doll with batteries in it.

darth_achilles
does it include the crystal? wink

barrakuchi2
http://www.movierealms.com/acatalog/MaceWinduLightsaber.jpg
http://images.hasbro.com/common/images/products/854114d8888_main400.jpg

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
the saber hilt he had in TPM was a clan saber....
what the hell is a "clan" saber?

((The_Anomaly))
well, a clan saber basically means nothing. however, generally it refers to someone having the same saber as someone else. maces saber in TPM is just a generaic saber hilt, that many jedi use (the hilts that grievous uses and the hilt that obi wan is given in AOTC are pretty much the same)

only important jedi have sabers that are noticably different onscreen. its just a cheese way of explaining lucas's lazyness.

Captain REX
Clan sabers is Luukesaber's definition of why so many prequel Jedi have the same lightsaber (which is really just Lucas being a lazy ass and not giving them their own personal blades).

So...what Anomaly said. stick out tongue

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Captain REX
Clan sabers is Luukesaber's definition of why so many prequel Jedi have the same lightsaber (which is really just Lucas being a lazy ass and not giving them their own personal blades).

So...what Anomaly said. stick out tongue

And you say Lucas is lazy...you just re-worded Anomaly's explaination. roll eyes (sarcastic) REX you's a basehead.

Ushgarak
Yup, it's been a long standing fan question as to why Mace's TPM sabre resembled Maul's. Truth was it meant nothing at all.

Stunrun
Who cares if they all have similar lightsabers. George is not lazy, he just had more IMPORTANT things to care about whilst making his moviesroll eyes (sarcastic)

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by lucasfilm
hey SABER PART... youre using that sig i made for you a HELLA long time ago? lol

Yep. big grin

Echuu
I actually don't mind that thing about the clan sabers. Think about it; it is mainly padawans that have these clan sabers and it's the masters and knights that have more unique sabers. Basically as you work your way up as a jedi you become more unique from your comrades and have your own different saber too. You can sorta see this with the robes of the jedi also. Most of those of lesser rank have the same basic apparel but you look at jedi on the council I.E. Master Windu or Yoda, and their robes are considerably different.

Just a thought to pass along. wink

jaden101
Originally posted by Echuu
I actually don't mind that thing about the clan sabers. Think about it; it is mainly padawans that have these clan sabers and it's the masters and knights that have more unique sabers. Basically as you work your way up as a jedi you become more unique from your comrades and have your own different saber too. You can sorta see this with the robes of the jedi also. Most of those of lesser rank have the same basic apparel but you look at jedi on the council I.E. Master Windu or Yoda, and their robes are considerably different.

Just a thought to pass along. wink

good point

to quote darth vader...

"i see you have constructed a new lightsabre...your skills are complete"

giving credence to the possibility that constructing a unique sabre is one of the last things that the jedi learn

Echuu
Of course Anakin had different color robes than most padawans and he had his custom saber, and obi-wan as a padawan had his own saber too but I'm betting that once they get closer to the title of knight they get those priveleges.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.