Philosophy Majors

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meiwaku
Hey.
Just wanted to know if anyone on here is a philosophy major, was a philosophy major or is going to be/thinking about being a philosophy major.

If you were a philosophy major what did you do with your degree?
Or what are you planning on doing with your philosophy major?

I'm just wondering. big grin

Well also I am a philosophy major, who has no clue what I am going to do with my degree once I am done.

calvinNhobbes
Hi Meiwaku. what is it that you like to do? what do you feel strongly about? Have you considered a master's degree?

debbiejo
Nope..Not me...I just like to pretend...

Well..you could be a talk show host..

hysterical

space
Tutoring...

calvinNhobbes
Anything you want.

peterKSL
Originally posted by space
Tutoring...

Yes... and then eventually be a philosophy teacher in University...

How nice is that?

Fishy
I've taken classes and passed them got a diploma and everything but its a different system then in the US...

And honestly i do not think i have gained much from them but a possibility to share and debate on my oppinions which is something you can do on most forums... Still i have to say it was fun to do it, not to mention that hearing other people's oppinions and just talking about them threw class is much better then a lot of other classes

Tassie
I'm considering. I've a few years before uni, though, I know. But, firstly, I'm curious, of those who've done/ are doing philosophy, what do you think of it?

Jackie Malfoy
Originally posted by meiwaku
Hey.
Just wanted to know if anyone on here is a philosophy major, was a philosophy major or is going to be/thinking about being a philosophy major.

If you were a philosophy major what did you do with your degree?
Or what are you planning on doing with your philosophy major?

I'm just wondering. big grin

Well also I am a philosophy major, who has no clue what I am going to do with my degree once I am done.

If you are not in collage I suggust going there and taking a class in Philosopy to get that degree!jm smile

Fishy
Originally posted by Tassie
I'm considering. I've a few years before uni, though, I know. But, firstly, I'm curious, of those who've done/ are doing philosophy, what do you think of it?

Its interesting for sure, you get to share your oppinions form new one's debate a lot and think a lot. I also had to write huge papers on all sorts of things, but if you like shit like that its definitly a class worth following. Don't think you will learn a lot of new things though, its basicly just debating about stuff and write reports.

Tassie
Debating and writting.. two things I love. wink I'm already decided, though. In a few years, I'll reply to this thread with my degree. big grin

Thanks, for the feedback, Fish.^^

((The_Anomaly))
im a philosophy major, honestly there's not a WHOLE lot you can do with it. you can teach, or you can go to law school (in that case its best to have a law minor) other then that, pretty sketchy, but i dont care i love it!

argen angel
lol, so... though provoking, it would be a philosophical debate weather the major is pointless or not

periera
I'm a Philosophy minor, if that counts for anything! smile

Psych major. (big surprise, huh? We're not like 1 in 10 or anything smile )

Honestly, I think that in order to really do anything with Philosophy, you have to get your doctorate's but I could be wrong on that. All my professors that I've had are Ph. D's, so I think that's the case. It would be an awesome job if that's what you love, though.

Jackie Malfoy
I do not even have a degree on that sort of thing.JM

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
If you are not in collage I suggust going there and taking a class in Philosopy to get that degree!jm smile

Did you read his post? Especially the part that says, "Well also I am a philosophy major, "?

Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I do not even have a degree on that sort of thing.JM

Are you implying that you have degrees in "other sorts of things"? Most 14 year olds don't have degrees in anything.

Atlantis001

Imperial_Samura
If only this was still the ancient world, like Ancient Greece, ah the importance of philosophers in such times. Still, there are careers available. You could write, teach, enter into other area's where philosophy is a benefit like law, history, diplomacy or various literature kind of things as well as media. Still, as far as I know the only area you actually get to call yourself a philosopher in the truest sense is academia.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.