Star Wars vs. Lord of the Rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AngryApocalypse
The Force leads them to victory.

Jedi_Snake
star wars of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *pulls out a lightsaber and slices the ring in half*

LightSaber_Part
Lord of the rings and star wars.

Jedi_Snake
Lord of the Wars....Star Rings....Lord of the Star Wars...Star of the Rings...hah....Lord of the Ring Wars....Ring of the Wars....heh....

SnakeEyes
Well considering you started this in a SW forum, I think that most people are going to say Star Wars. This thread has already been done like 2 times in Movie discussion...

Fishy
Well thats going to be one reason for the SW people to win the other is star destroyers x-wings tie fighters bombers at-ats at-sts guns...

And well a lot of other mordern stuff that they never even heard of in Lotr

mephistodesigns
Yep, SW can destroy everything from orbit. LOTR has Bob Cratchet on a big flying lizard...gee, who will win I wonder? And...wait...doesn't everything in LOTR happen on ONE LITTLE PLANET? The roar from the Heavens you hear Frodo, is the Death Star, dropping out of Hyperspace, if you still want to make out with Sam, now is the time. evil face

mr.smiley
well if your basing it off the 3 movies then star wars.
basing it on the whole lord of the rings history i say lord of the rings

jackstain
this is so stupid, because one side has far advanced technology and weaponry, the other cuts eachother with knifes. i love LOTR as much as the next guy, but its just a lanslide victory.

neo7822
dude...why(star wars)

LightSaber_Part
Originally posted by mephistodesigns
if you still want to make out with Sam, now is the time. evil face

You Do NOT understand LOTR. no
any one that is NOT a TRUE fan of LOTR does not understand it.

Darth Subjekt
whats that have to do with anything? Ok lets for get that lotr has only horses, big elephants and the occasional dragon and that SW has speeders, ships, walkers(big and small), and ultimately the Death Star. All lotr has, like dude said is swords, knives and catapults...SW has lightsabers, blasters, ion canons, thermal detonators, and the force. Ok lotr has those big bastards who just club like 30 people at a time...I'm sure the rancor isn't the only on of his species.....and again like said before, it all happens on middle earth, one place....sw has HUNDREDS of planets/systems to gather troops, not to mention droids. I really don't see how it could even be considered a contest.

Besides, Christopher lee might find himself in a compromising position being on opposite sides of himself, lol.

Naga Sadow
lol, lotr doesnt stand a chance, its just not a fair contest. star destroyers against nazgul? c'mon.

COMPLETE AND TOTAL OWNAGE IT IS, YEEES.

mephistodesigns
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
You Do NOT understand LOTR. no
any one that is NOT a TRUE fan of LOTR does not understand it.

I was kidding you freakin' fanboy! I know there's none of that in there...it was just a JOKE. Jeez. laughing

Darth Subjekt
yea i think its pretty unanimous...SW hands down.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Fishy
Well thats going to be one reason for the SW people to win the other is star destroyers x-wings tie fighters bombers at-ats at-sts guns...

And well a lot of other mordern stuff that they never even heard of in Lotr

So, lasers and lightsabers are modern now, eh? stick out tongue

Darth Subjekt
Yeah Rex, you dont have a fully functional lightsaber yet? God where have you been? its the latest craze. Oh these whacky kids and their laser swords...tsk tsk stick out tongue

mephistodesigns
see, the fact of the matter is, LOTR can have all the freakin' history it wants, it all takes place on one planet. So even if it was ALL of LOTR from the beginning of time till whenever against JUST ANH, they'd still lose. Death Star can just blow all their history right back to the pits of moria...

Darth Mantis
star wars.

Darth Blender

New_Born_Pyro
Dumb of you it was, to start this thread in a star wars forum. With no doubt win, star wars will.

Ogami Itto
The US or UK army could defeat LOTR!!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

GregminiMalak
I said both casue i love middle age fighting ad i love jedi wat timeline do u think jedi r? new or old? any1 kno?

archive monitor
i dunno, maybe saurons forces would unite with the sith forces to fight the republic and the rest of middle earth

Fishy
Neither Sauron nor the Sith share power, Star Wars would always win. Even if the two unite then at the end the Sith would just blow up sauron and his buddy's

Darth_Janus
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to bind them. One Ring to, in the darkness heretherot... erm... ew... What's the ye Olde English word for a swath of Darkness etched upon the crescent brow of an elven noble?

Ah screw it.

Oh, I'm afraid the battle station will be quite operational after the One Ring is found.

Darth Inanis
Well I like LotR but I LOVE star wars!!!!! What would I be doing without star wars? STAR WARS RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It truly is ridiculous to post this in a star wars forum...

Darth_Janus
Agreed.

exanda kane
well episode one and two were crap and when the hobbit film comes out itll be better than them put together. But the LOTR trilogy versus original star wars is pretty much easily matched. But less base this allegorically. America (Star Wars) vs. Britain (LOTR). Britain wins hands down. Stupid rednecks!

Darth Inanis
I understand you hating E1 but why E2? I don't think it was that bad. And if they are going to make a hobbit movie it will probably really suck. I mean like comparing the hobbit with the prequel trilogy is insane!

exanda kane
your right, E2 did have its moments but I cant watch it without being very critical and so did the first five and last five of E1 but the hobbit will not suck. I think Peter Jackson can learn from Lucas's mistakes about prequels. E3 is still unpredictable, the script is somewhat underwhelming.

Darth_Janus
Meh. There should be a punishment for posting threads like this.

Jedi_Snake
hmm....what would happen if Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader used the ring from LOTR?...hah...lol...

Darth Mantis
Star Wars

Fishy
They would be invisible Jedi...

Lieutenant Yoda
Lord of the Rings would win hands down.

Sure, Star Wars has the Death Star. Heck, take twenty Death Stars. But since there is acutally a God in the Lord of the Rings, they won't do the Star Wars guys any good.

Fishy
Oh yes and those gods would beat the force...

Come on, those guys have never done anything that would stop nations from being destroyed just tried to help them never actually stop others from doing something. One death star attack will just destroy the entire planet.

PrinceAlanIII
I havnt exactly seen all the star wars movies yet, but i plan to. I saw most of the second one and the end of the first. I admit they r good. For LOTR, either ur a big fan or your not. I for one, am. The real question is, who would win in a hand to hand combat with just a sword. No sabers to cut threw the metal, just old fashioned swords. I.E. Luke skywalker vs. aragorn? Who cares anyway, it would be a great match.

Fishy
Oh Aragorn would win that, there is no question..

Throw Kenobi against him and Aragorn is dead, throw Anakin EP 2 and 3 against him and Aragorn is dead, throw any ancient Sith or Jedi against him and Aragorn is dead...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.