Punisher versus Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lukester
Both have has extensive training in almost all forms of combat, both are masters of stealth, both have high tech equptment, both drive high tech cars (or vans), both are experts in weapon use.

Who would win in a fight?

I'd say that Batman would win the fight, but then the ruthless agression of Punisher would give him the advantage and he would eventually defeat Batman.

What do you think everyone? eek!

ragesRemorse
I would venture to say that they are equally mastered. Batman would win though. Batman has a knack for switching up his fighting technique on the fly to fit his opponent. I would say fighting abilities are about equal though batman probably gets the edge in this area. Batman has extensive knowledge in various martial arts. The punisher has special forces training. Special forces training is designed for fatal or crippiling blows. 80% of hand to hand combat taught to special forces is offensive.

Prep time is useless to both parties because it would be just as beneficial for either one. I actually think the punisher can take this one. The only thing that would be hard for the punisher to stand against would be batmans utility belt. Batman may have gadgets,but the punisher has state of the art and customized weaponry.

I think this is one of the most equal bouts out there. These are two very resiliant and resourcefull heros. For every one thing that can be said towards batman, one can be said in the way of the punisher. I say the punisher pulls out a victory with a stray bullet finding it's way to batmans head. 10-1 says this is how this one ends.The punisher then becomes an alchoholic to deal with killing a hero, and drinks himself to death one late evening on the subway in New york. After the punisher passes on quietly in the small subway train, his cold dead corpse is pick pocketed

jplatinum
He's right.
Draw.

Mainstream
hmmmmmm

WindDancer
Originally posted by lukester
What do you think everyone? eek!

No utility belt for Batman. No Machine guns for Punisher. Pure 100% martial arts and Punisher is out. Batman wins he is far more better trained in the deadly arts than Punisher. Plus Punisher has no honor. He seeks to always eliminated his enemy by any means. Batman on the other hand has far more class and prestige than Punisher. Batman tops punisher any time.

Mainstream
I agree.

Goldenskull777
Wow that is tough. I think that Batman would. He always finds his oppnent's weakness, as well as his allies. The Justice Leage, Batman found weak spots for every member. smile

Mainstream
Originally posted by Goldenskull777
Wow that is tough. I think that Batman would. He always finds his oppnent's weakness, as well as his allies. The Justice Leage, Batman found weak spots for every member. smile

True.

Zahit
I like Punisher, but any way you look at this.....he gets his butt kicked.

kgkg
Batman ---

wins

jplatinum
Having more honor and class means squat when your opponent tricks you then hits you hard in your gonads.
Last time I checked, that was one of Batman's weaknesses, unless some fanboy is gonna tell me "Batman has peak human gonads,too."

stick out tongueeace:
Be cool

who?-kid
Punisher is the guy everyone underestimates. Batman will win, but he better be careful.

King Burger
They faught already in what I thought was a pretty
well-written and drawn cross-over.

Classic scene at the end, Punisher punches Batman
right in the face, Batman just looks at him and
says: "I let you have that one because I know you
thought I deserved it" (or something like that).
Punisher then throws another punch at Batman,
and Batman just catches it with one hand, and say
"I said JUST ONE!" (Hopefully I remembered it
correctly).

Kick-a** scene!!

Batman mops the floor with Castle.

snoopdogg
Apparently he kicked his @ss again in the JLA/Avengers crossover off panel.

lukester
...True

K3VIL
And that was kinda crap.
Punisher has killed a POLAR BEAR, with bare hands.Just to pick up a great fight of his fighting skills.
His obsession into fight crime makes him one of the most tougher humans on the planet, even if stabbed, cutted, shooted, or even burned, Frank still stand up and continue to fight, putting his body and mind to the limits of human resistance, Captain America himself admitted Frank is in his league and is one of the greatest hand to hand fighters in the planet.Also, if we wanna talk seriously:
Batman has gone fist to fist with Spider-Man but Spidey just hold back against humans that's why Batman wasn't used to clean the floor of the rooftops.
Punisher has BLOCKED Spider-Man, during an issue where Spidey and Nightcrawler were fighting cause NC was mistaked for an assassin, the Punisher stabbed Spidey's costume against the wall of the cabin of a cableway, on other occasions Spidey was hitted by Frank's sleeping bullets, once Castle destroyed his web shooters.
You're forgetting here that Frank was a green cap in Vietnam, he was one if not the most greatest soldier in there, he has risked his life and fought for his life for a long time, while Batman has trained himself before starting to fight.
The Punisher is a soldier for life, a one man army, I don't think that being a top rank master of martial arts means you're the best cause sometimes facing a guy that is on war everyday means you must watch out or you're gonna being wiped out.

King Burger
You forget that Punisher rarely engages in hand-to-hand
fighting, relying mostly on guns.

Why Batman, not using guns, often has to rely on his fists.

Batman needs to stay in top physical form. Any slight
drop could mean death.

Punisher just needs to have all the ammo he can carry.

And soldiers are very well trained in martial arts, but not to
the extent of being complete masters, since that takes alot
more time they've got in recruit training; besides, they don't
need it as much in modern warfare.

jplatinum
Who says Frank doesn't keep his fighting skills up in his spare time.
Anyway, he still has his skills, point blank.
Whether he uses them alot is irrelavant cause he still has the knowledge and can still apply the knowledge.
So he could still give bat's a good fight.
Usually crossovers are crap.
They are popularity contests.
Batman standing there and taking a point blank punch in the face from Punisher doesn't even sound right.
He would have at least been stumbled back a couple steps, if Punisher really hit him hard.
So don't even quote that , man.
You know crossovers are rarely fair to the less popular character so thats why I say don't even quote that, man.
One of the only fare crossover's was He-Man versus Superman Prime.
Superman Prime was scared for his life and He-Man went toe-to-toe and could've won,even though he was way less popular.
That was one the the very very few fare crossovers.
peace.

whobdamandog
This thread has been done a few times already..and each time the answer is the same..Castle is no match for the Bat

Give castle all his weapons, a months prep, and take away the Bat's utility belt and prep....and I still give this fight to Batman..Batman's just too much for Frank to handle on so many levels...Batman goes up against people nuttier and stronger than castle with little to no prep all the time and prevails..Anyway you slice it..Castle is going to end up in Arkum with the other loonies.

jplatinum
Frank might lose, but he might win.
Who knows?
draw.
Good argument Whobdamandog.

King Burger
Originally posted by jplatinum
Who says Frank doesn't keep his fighting skills up in his spare time.
Anyway, he still has his skills, point blank.
Whether he uses them alot is irrelavant cause he still has the knowledge and can still apply the knowledge.
So he could still give bat's a good fight.
Usually crossovers are crap.
They are popularity contests.
Batman standing there and taking a point blank punch in the face from Punisher doesn't even sound right.
He would have at least been stumbled back a couple steps, if Punisher really hit him hard.
So don't even quote that , man.
You know crossovers are rarely fair to the less popular character so thats why I say don't even quote that, man.
One of the only fare crossover's was He-Man versus Superman Prime.
Superman Prime was scared for his life and He-Man went toe-to-toe and could've won,even though he was way less popular.
That was one the the very very few fare crossovers.
peace.

Okay man, I won't quote that man, I won't quote that maaaan!

It was still a well written comic, regardless of whether it was
a crossover or not, maaan.

And yes, someone who is a trained fighter can be able to take
a direct punch wihtout falling back. Go watch a boxing match to
see it happen, man.

Punisher is no contest to Batman. Batman kick his a** from
here to next century, man.

And you can quote me on that, maaaaaan!

jplatinum
That was a good impression of me.
"Been practicing,huh?"
"Man you come right out of a comic book."

laughing

That was good,man.

neo7822
batman could kick punishers self centered ass

lukester
... Punisher is fully trained in all forms of hand-to-hand combat; it says so in THE OFFICIAL MARVEL ENCYCLOPEDIA VOLUMES 1 AND 5.

srankmissingnin
Batman is a better fighter then Punisher, thats a give in but it isn't like he wont be able to keep up. Batman will have the edge at the start of the fight but he's odds go down hill from their. Frank's damage soak is insane and his endurance is top of the line as well, he just wont stop coming. In the end I think Frank would come out on top.

Mainstream
lol

Nightstick
Originally posted by King Burger
They faught already in what I thought was a pretty
well-written and drawn cross-over.

Classic scene at the end, Punisher punches Batman
right in the face, Batman just looks at him and
says: "I let you have that one because I know you
thought I deserved it" (or something like that).
Punisher then throws another punch at Batman,
and Batman just catches it with one hand, and say
"I said JUST ONE!" (Hopefully I remembered it
correctly).

Kick-a** scene!!

Batman mops the floor with Castle.

While the crossover was not poorly written or drawn in the technicale sense of the word. It;s treatment of character was poor in places. Mostly on the Punisher side. In other words Batmans jobber aura seemed to be running on over drive even filtering down to Robin.

One needs only look at the opponents the Punisher fight to realise Batman punking him out that easily is border line idiocy. After all the Punisher can go hand to hand with Captain America, Dardevil, Wolverine, and even Spider-man all people that are at the very least more or less equal to batman.

The Marvel Encyclopedia rates his durability and fighting skill higher then Daredevil.

The other thing of note in the fight described above is that it ignores the events that transpired before it. Which included a major gun battle. For Which Castle was ground zero and Bruce came in latter and stayed above the crowd. I'll give that Wayne did take some bullet to the chest however with is tech and resouces bas armor that could shrug this off is not suprising. I can't remember for sure, but Frank may have been bleeding at this point. Also they had a previous encounter not to long before this one, it was a matter of days I think. In that fight the Punisher was more or less holding his own until the building they were fighting in collapsed around them. Even if they had bothed sustained injures in the afore mentioned collapse, which may not be the case given the armor and gear on the Bat suit, Batman is still going to get better medical care. You only have to look at the fact that the Punisher walked away from a fight and a chance to kill the Joker to realise he was far from 100%. The earlier fight is a better representation of it would go.

As much as I hate to say it Batman is probable going to win. Why comic convention. If this was well handled and the characters were treated with respect and it adhered to their abilities. This could make a great comic and an epic battle.

Nightstick
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Apparently he kicked his @ss again in the JLA/Avengers crossover off panel.

When did this happen? Can you remember what book and place in the book?

Mainstream
it was in the first issue of the JLA/ Avengers crossover.

Nightstick
Originally posted by Mainstream
it was in the first issue of the JLA/ Avengers crossover.

Thanks I'll have to take a look.

Nightstick
Originally posted by chronic
batman could kick punishers self centered ass

How can you call anybody, but Batman self centered in a thread that pertains to Batman? smile Batman is by far the more egotistical self absorbed hollier then thow of the two. Come on more often then not even in Bats own comics he is played as a self centered raving ego-maniac.

MERCILOUS
You're right Nightstick, Punisher loses badly in yet another area.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.