Gizmondo, PSP, DS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Of Evil
Which one should I buy. I am really stuck, because I amnt that sure of the PSP functions, i have looked into gizmondo and I am completely amazed by the capabilities it has.

GPS, GPRS, Bluetooth, Music downloads, Movie downloads, the list goes on, Video camera, static camera, MMS messaging, SMS messaging.

Please Help!

Linkalicious
PSP.

It's an awesome product that's lived up to it's hype.

Smasandian
Dont get the Gizmando. If you want all that extra stuff, get the PSP.
Are you buying something for gaming or for functionability?

Time Of Evil
both. The thing is i'd like the gizmondo for all the extra features. and colors will be a truely extraordinary game!

Smasandian
Then get the PSP.
The Gizmando will fail just like every other handheld thats not Nintendo or have Sony's marketing and money to back it up.
A year from now, the Gizmando will be trash and probably buried in the Nevada desert like all the other crappy handhelds and consoles.
First, nonbody knows a single thing about it and not one mention what developers will actually develop for it. Sure, they might say this so and so company will be developing for it but is there any mentioning of what games will be released.
Second, just because it has extra functions doesnt mean that they're any good at all. That videocamera could be like the Game Boy camera for all we know.
Dont waste or wait for somethign when you have no idea about it.

Linkalicious
Enter the Nokia N-Gage....

Time Of Evil
Originally posted by Smasandian
Then get the PSP.
The Gizmando will fail just like every other handheld thats not Nintendo or have Sony's marketing and money to back it up.
A year from now, the Gizmando will be trash and probably buried in the Nevada desert like all the other crappy handhelds and consoles.
First, nonbody knows a single thing about it and not one mention what developers will actually develop for it. Sure, they might say this so and so company will be developing for it but is there any mentioning of what games will be released.
Second, just because it has extra functions doesnt mean that they're any good at all. That videocamera could be like the Game Boy camera for all we know.
Dont waste or wait for somethign when you have no idea about it.
You have a point. But just today a program inspired me to think about what it has to offer. An expert came in to say how good it was and how all the features were brilliant.

The Ones
yea but on that show (i saw it too) the "experts" they bring in are hobos of the street. like scientists that dont know a thing about science. dont trust what it says. if it was truly that good it would have got its name across like psp and ds. only now you have heard about gizmondo. you heard about ds and psp about 3 or 4 months ago (though gizmondo did stop production for a while so that COULD be why)

this is the ones with my $0.02

ChickinMeat
hmmm i read a bit about the gizmondo, its got a GPS system on it, so that it texts a mobile phone to let someone know where the person with the gizmondo is. you can also set up a security system with it (sorta), where if its space is intruded, it sends a text to the user, sao if its about to get stolen or something.

thats a nice touch i think, but at current it only has 3 titles

god number 2
dude dont get a gizmondo get a psp look at how much it costs 250 compared to 450 and plus psp already has great games and movies coming and keyboard and web browser. 3 games compared to what 20 out and over 100 in development and a lot of good movies like kill bill 1and2

powerfulone1987
Get the PSP, the only bad thing is, more than likely your have some dead pixels on the screen.

Smasandian
Or get a DS. It dont matter what you get but dont buy something just because it has all these features.
Its like buying those console system off infomarcials that say it comes with 500 game in one.

ChickinMeat
me and my buddies got a cheap one of those "500-in-one" systems, some of them were quite fun!

Smasandian
hahaha.
there's probably like 100 version of Tetris and the only difference is the colour of the background.

Tex
Wait for the new Gameboy.

Smasandian
True, True. But right now thats only a rumor.

ChickinMeat
well i never heard of a new gameboy, there planning a new one already?

Smasandian
Well, they're designing one.
Nintendo has always stated that the DS is not the Gameboy, but a device on itself.
Supposely, its going to be called Gameboy Evolution.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Time Of Evil
Which one should I buy. I am really stuck, because I amnt that sure of the PSP functions, i have looked into gizmondo and I am completely amazed by the capabilities it has.

GPS, GPRS, Bluetooth, Music downloads, Movie downloads, the list goes on, Video camera, static camera, MMS messaging, SMS messaging.

Please Help!

Depends, if you want nintedo games, or mature games. I cannot find any good reason to purchase a ds. Just save an extra hundred and buy somthing that does what the ds does, but better, and also has a but load of features. There really isnt much sense in buying a gizmondo. Nintendo and sony both have a brand new handheld system out that does somthing the handheld world never expereinced. Consumers are not going to choose a gizmondo over sony or nintendo.These two companies know games, and have the track record to prove it. Majority of the gamers out there are going to definently go with ds or psp. Gizmondo will not last long. If you do want a system for games, the psp would be the best choice, but you should probably wait for them to work out all the bugs first.

The gizmondo does sound awsome, it has 128- bit graphics accelerator. Being only $350 iis also another plus for it, but again gamers already have to dish out 250 for A PSP. I would say if you want it for the features then get it, because out of the three it has the best features and numbers, but again the games is whats going to come to the gizmondo fate. If that little kid who has a gamecube and ps2 decides to go with a gizmando then microsfot may have a foothold in the game world. that is unlikely...highly

ChickinMeat

Smasandian
Well most low end games cost that much anyways.

williamstome
the giz isnt as well advertized because it is based out of the UK. it is already out there and is poning both DS and PSP there.

and yes microsoft is supporting it- so far they have released MECH ASSAULT and AGE OF EMPIRES for it.

ChickinMeat
Theres also a game for the gizmo called "AngeFish" which is sort of like Ikaruga.

DracotheDragon
If it's for gaming, the DS, if it's for functionality, the Gizmondo, and it it's for both, the PSp.... stick out tongue

The Ones
I see your a nintendo fan. erm I don't know.......

sith_darth_jay
Originally posted by ChickinMeat
well i never heard of a new gameboy, there planning a new one already?

you don't know Nintendo, do you?

They gotta have a new console out every 2 years (if not less)

back on topic

wait a bit more to see which one it's better... but I would say PSP

ChickinMeat
Originally posted by sith_darth_jay
you don't know Nintendo, do you?

your right, i dont.

i just dont track that sorta thing, im too busy playing games stick out tongue

DracotheDragon
I'm a big nintendo fan The Ones, and it's true, what I said before.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.