Which Lightsaber Fight Will Be The Most Exciting One In The Saga

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Blender

darth_achilles
ob1/ani, no contest

DeVi| D0do
I love Vader vs. Luke on Bespin... I'll have to wait untill I see ROTS to decide

Darth_Nefarus
It's going to be either Obi-Wan and Anakin due to it's incredible length and emotion, or Yoda and Sidious. The heads of their orders in the battle that will truly determine the fate of the galaxy.

astrofan428
From what I have heard alone I cant imagine Obi/Ani not being the best ever. Just the ground they cover, the speed of their attacks, and the dialogue in between.

I cant wait for this exact part of E3, though as soon as it starts I will realise the end is here.

((The_Anomaly))
Ani/ Obi is gonna be the most emotional, but i have a feeling that Yoda/ sidious is gonna be the most flashy and exciting

umraan
yoda and sids

hunchy
I think overall, the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin has the potential as it is a scene every fan has been waiting for since the original. But the Luke vs. Vader is classic, as is Vader vs Obi Wan in its classic fencing style. The prequel onse have always had good lightsaber fights I thought. Episode 3 looks to have many....

((The_Anomaly))
the ANH saber fight is pathetic, sorry. I mean its gonna seem SO stupid after ROTS and thier insanly amazing first duel, then there second one is like *slash* pause....pause.....pause...*slash*...pause...."your powers are weak old man" *slash*.... *spin*...*slash* pause.....pause....

needs to be redone in CG horribly much....

and u cant use the "obi-wan is old" excuse, look at palps and Dooku thier just as old as obi was and they kick ass, so it needs to be redone in CG

Imaginary
Ani/Obi, no contest.

DeVi| D0do
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
the ANH saber fight is pathetic... needs to be redone in CG horribly much....

NOOO!!! what is wrong with you!?!

nah, you're allowed your opinion... I think it's fine. Obi Wan is old and hasn't really had many people to practice his skills with the last 40 years...

((The_Anomaly))
ummm, i specifically said "dont use the obi wan is old excuse" and gave reasons for it...lol as for not practicing (first off its not been 40 years) and he wouldn't be THAT bad after not practicing...and i dont see a reason for him to not practice...its just his saber, no real force usage is involved so..

Imaginary
That scene in ANH is pathetic... like two kiddies fighting each other with their plastic lightsabers, playing nice because their mummy is watching them.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Imaginary
That scene in ANH is pathetic... like two kiddies fighting each other with their plastic lightsabers, playing nice because their mummy is watching them.

Well, it wasn't the actors fault. They were trying to not clash blades at all, because they broke easily. By ESB, they could whack them and do some better fights, but the technology hamperred ANH's fight a great deal. People really need to get over this fight, and enjoy it, because its a piece of f**king movie history, show some respect dammit. Idiot kids.

Anyway, there's been a few finished pics of Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting on a platform that is just big enough to fit both of them on. As they fight, the platform gets swept along a lava river.

It could end up looking like a videogame. It looked so fake in the screenshots, and could look better or worse, when moving, but man I thought the whole idea of it was lame and too ambitious. It'll have to be done perfectly as to not look completely rediculous.

Put it this way, if Obi-Wan or Anakin do something super-hero like, or there's a really crappy and tacky bit (along the lines of Yodas kung fun action pose from Ep II), then I'm gonna definitely say it ain't as good as Luke vs Vader on Bespin.

Luke vs Vader has no low points, no tacky elements. It's dramatic, suspenseful, dark, emotional, confusing, and to be honest I like the fact it looks like they are actually fighting each other. Anakin vs Obi-Wan could have some superioir moments, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Put it this way, if I find any part of the fight to be lame or stupid it loses its chance to become number one fight with me. That section I mentioned could very well turn out to be embarrasingly video-game-like.

macgeek2005
Anakin vs. Obi-Wan. No question.

macgeek2005
After watchting Episode III, Vader vs. Ben, will be a lot more emotional.

"We meet again at last, The circle is now complete" And you'll have the images of Anakin vs. Obi-Wan in your head. It will enhance it alot.

Mist
i want to see mace fight more than anyone....i know all the other duels with be better and all, but mace is just so damn cool.

Mist
Originally posted by Red Superfly
People really need to get over this fight, and enjoy it, because its a piece of f**king movie history, show some respect dammit. Idiot kids.

i really hope you werent referring to imag as being an idiot kid, coz i will hurt you.

Darth Subjekt
1. Bespin Luke vs Vader
2. Ani vs OB1
3. Palps Vs Yoda
4. Luke vs Vader (rotj)
5. Palps vs Mace.
6. Ob1/Qui gonn vs Maul
7. Ob1 vs Vader (AHN)
8. Yoda vs Dooku
9. Qui gonn vs Maul (desert)
10. OB1/Ani vs Dooku (ep 2)

as far as this coming up dooku fight, and the GG fight...ill just have to wait and see.

DeVi| D0do
People really need to get over this fight, and enjoy it, because its a piece of f**king movie history, show some respect dammit. Idiot kids.

very well said rock

Imaginary

Were you referring to me?

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Mist
i really hope you werent referring to imag as being an idiot kid, coz i will hurt you.

Meh, I say what I feel is right, I don't care what others think about me, I'm just being honest with how I think and I put my thoughts into these messages here. If I call someone an idiot kid, it's usually for a good reason. And to be fair, I wasn't referring to imag, although her comment was very disrespectful and I didn't agree with it. I should have made it a bit clearer.

People really ought to keep the originals in context and understand just how damn important they are, and always will be, warts and all. If people get hurt because I speak the truth, it's a casualty I'm willing to put up with, cos I don't give a flying f**k.

At the end of the day, it's all about respecting George Lucas's classic original and that any updating that is done to it, still won't change the fact that it is a classic, and always will be - there's no need to ever change a classic, anyone with half a brain would understand that.

Mist

people dont have to bow down to what you think is good.....thats why we have 'opinions'.

i agree with not changing the duel, but im not gonna throw insults at people who think differently.
perhaps YOU should show some respect for peoples opinions....

TheElectricFox
wierd, no one has mentioned grevious vs obi-wan

DeVi| D0do
Meh, I say what I feel is right, I don't care what others think about me, I'm just being honest with how I think and I put my thoughts into these messages here. If I call someone an idiot kid, it's usually for a good reason. And to be fair, I wasn't referring to imag, although her comment was very disrespectful and I didn't agree with it. I should have made it a bit clearer.

People really ought to keep the originals in context and understand just how damn important they are, and always will be, warts and all. If people get hurt because I speak the truth, it's a casualty I'm willing to put up with, cos I don't give a flying f**k.

At the end of the day, it's all about respecting George Lucas's classic original and that any updating that is done to it, still won't change the fact that it is a classic, and always will be - there's no need to ever change a classic, anyone with half a brain would understand that.

you rock superfly rock

Red Superfly
people dont have to bow down to what you think is good.....thats why we have 'opinions'.

i agree with not changing the duel, but im not gonna throw insults at people who think differently.
perhaps YOU should show some respect for peoples opinions....

Dude - I can respect anyones opinion, as long as it's educated, or at least somewhat backed up with examples. The majority of opinions on this board I have seen have just been statements, nothing more. I can understand an opinion if someone goes to the bother of arguing their point. I don't respect an opinion if I don't understand it, or if it has no logical base. I have seen some good opinions on these boards that have even affected how I view the PT, good stuff. It's when I see crap like "Ben vs Vader sucked it needs CGI" without any base for logic, or an arguement, is when I don't show any respect for such an opinion.

Back it up, and even if I disagree, I'll still respect it.

Besides, read my last post dude. I think it pre-empted yours by a few seconds.

Mist
Besides, read my last post dude. I think it pre-empted yours by a few seconds.

yeah, i think it did, coz i only saw imag's before i posted...

but thats no good reason for saying idiot kids and whatnot.

im gonna end my half of this argument...no need to polute a decent thread.

mist, out.

Red Superfly

but thats no good reason for saying idiot kids and whatnot.

Well, if I'm truly honest with myself here, I think it is a good reason.

These younger kids base all of their opinions on ignorance. Many have even proved it by saying they only watch the prequels and refuse to touch the OT. That's where I get the "idiot kids" from.

Also, because my 12 year old brother loves the Originals, and doesn't really care for the new ones, shows that some kids do have taste. This was without any of my input, and he even knows the originals have better characters, even on a simple scale. So it shows there really must be "idiot kids" that just don't know anything about a good film.

I base my opinions on the people I meet, my friends, my family, my teachers, everyone. In my experience, only idiot kids like the prequels more than the originals. Anyone with a grasp of storytelling, a grasp of adventure and imagination, prefers the originals.

It's like my friends at Uni, we're all computer animators and modellers. We should be drooling over Episode III. We see at as technically impressive and amazing, but none of us can bring ourselves to say that the new ones are better. We know the CGI is amazing, because we know what goes into it (and trust me, Yoda is AMAZING for CGI, but it still lacks that solidity of the puppet) - but there's no way any of us would ever say the new ones come close. The story and dialogue, and characterisation takes precedent over anything else. On paper, I should love the prequels more, but i don't, because I know they are just flashy moves and CGI, and nothing much else. Oh and Ian McDairmid - he just rocks.

hazkid
<script>
"best battle"=(mace vs. palpy)
if(disagree) pound head into ground;else !!!!!!!!
</script>
stick out tongue

ubidoobascooby
1. Yoda Palps - You thought Dooku vs Yoda was good? The two greatest from both sides fighting for life.
2.ani obi - Longest fight recorded ever. Emotional. Have you heard 'battle of the heros'?
3. dooku vs yoda. - kicked ass. that is all.
4. maul vs obi n qui-gon - Long, excellent music, climactic, dramatic. awsome.
5. Palpy vs Mace. Sideous's moment to shine! Taking down 3 jedi masters then getting nabbed by the last and survives! Stupid Anikan.
6.ESB luke vs vader. Dramatic, sure! but lukes attempt of avoiding large flying objects.. Get some coordination son!
7. ROTJ vader vs luke - Sure.. Dramatic, great musical score! but it looked like luke was TRYING to miss. Filled with dark rage and he's like "die railing! DIE!! oh.. vader?"
8. Way way way way way way way down the line is Obi vs Vader ANH.
This. well I'm sorry... I'd find 2 granny's poking canes at eachother more dramatic and intense. Sure, they had those fragile glow sticks cos they couldn't make the cg saber... but.. the raw truth is also that fight coriography sucked. Did obi do one little spin with his saber? nope.. the arthritis is strong with that one. And once I've finished my animation degree, I just might add some kick ass cg effects. and the old trilogy will be to my liking once and for all. Happy Dance

Mist
Originally posted by ubidoobascooby
1. Yoda Palps - the two greatest from both sides fighting for life
2.ani obi - emotionally, style etc.
3. dooku vs yoda. - kicked ass, imagine sideous vs yoda.
4. maul vs obi n qui-gon - long, excellent music, climactic, dramatic. awsome.
5. palpy vs mace. Sideouses moment to shine. taking down 3 jedi masters then getting nabbed by the last?
6.ESB luke vs vader. dramatic sure. but lukes attempt of avoiding large flying objects.. get some coordination son.
7. ROTJ vader vs luke - sure.. dramatic, great musical score! but it looked like luke was TRYING to miss. Filled with dark rage and he's like "die railing! DIE!! oh.. vader?"
8. way way way way way way way down the line is obi vs vader ANH.
This... well I'm sorry... I'd find 2 granny's poking at eachother with canes more dramatic and intense. sure, they had those fragile glow sticks cos they couldn't make the cg saber... but.. the raw truth is also that fight coriography sucked for that. Did obi do one little spin with his saber? nope.. the arthritis is strong with that one.. and once I've finished my animation degree, I just might add some kick ass cg effects. and the old trilogy will be to my liking once and for all. Happy Dance

gonna retaliate to that red superfly?

Imaginary
I totally agree on the part about Obi/Vader in ANH, ubidoobascooby yes

ubidoobascooby
Originally posted by Imaginary
I totally agree on the part about Obi/Vader in ANH, ubidoobascooby yes

Thanks wink

I don't mean to diss anyone elses opinions. That's just my view. Sorry if I scarred someones hold to starwars for the rest of time. smile

Mist
yeah...i am totally shocked right now...i should flame you and bash you until you die....no expression

but then again, im not superfly.....

Stunrun
the ANH saber fight is pathetic, sorry. I mean its gonna seem SO stupid after ROTS and thier insanly amazing first duel, then there second one is like *slash* pause....pause.....pause...*slash*...pause...."your powers are weak old man" *slash*.... *spin*...*slash* pause.....pause....

and u cant use the "obi-wan is old" excuse, look at palps and Dooku thier just as old as obi was and they kick ass, so it needs to be redone in CG

ok so the fighting was old school, but it workedcool

hunchy

I'm surprised how many people are lacking in taste on these forums. I never said that the ANH fight was the best for one thing. But you need to understand that was the original, that was the original way they were supposed to fight (GL said that they held the lightsaber by two hands because it was originally supposed to be real heavy and now says that in ANH that Vader is mostly mechanic and old and so is Obi Wan...so the excuse that you say nobody can use, is one that Lucas uses himself there buddy...even though its obviously just an excuse now that the prequels have fast paced lighstaber fights)...but you need to understand that was not the original intention. It was like fencing, slow and yet the dialouge is great. It's a great cinematic moment in movie history. It's not an entertaining lightsaber fight by any means, but its like the classic Errol Flynn stuff. So it deserves its own category really.

I loved the ESB Vader/Luke fight. Great scenes, great dialouge, and actually the fighting if fairly fast paced.

Now obviously the new ones have more flashy, fast lightsaber fighting, and yes its "cooler" to watch. I think Episode 3 will have the best lightsaber fights, and I'm looking very much forward to the Obi Wan/Anakin fight.

You must also must be a young, new fan, for you can not understand what is classic. Superfly I back you up all the way here. It does NOT need CGI. Your the new fans that love the SE, and would never watch the original films because they are "boring" correct? Well that shows a lack in taste. I'm glad there are still those out there who can understand these films in the right way.

ubidoobascooby
Originally posted by hunchy

You must also must be a young, new fan, for you can not understand what is classic. Superfly I back you up all the way here. It does NOT need CGI. Your the new fans that love the SE, and would never watch the original films because they are "boring" correct? Well that shows a lack in taste. I'm glad there are still those out there who can understand these films in the right way.

Gee hunchy, tell me how you really feel.. wink

Look, don't get me wrong. I'll take the OT story over the new any day. And I'm not saying all OT fights sucked. I gave them great marks! But me wanting to edit the Obi vader fight, you don't have to like it. It's just the way I feel. I cringe everytime I watch it.
And believe me, I know aaaall about the lightsaber 'physics' according to GL. I love how he also said; we decided to break away from the heavy style fighting for empire, and let them start using one hand. I can see how he really stuck to his saber physics method in NT wink

And yes, I AM 19.. but the world of starwars isn't beyond my adolescent mind. If you still don't like my opinion. Well, have a cry. eek!

Captain REX
What? What? Disliking of the Obi-Wan vs. Vader in ANH? messed

Yes, you can use the 'Ben is Old!' excuse, GL did himself! He's old and hasn't picked up a lightsaber for a few decades.

While the ANH fight isn't flashy, it is still grand. They're not showing how well they can wield their blades by flipping around and throwing stuff; they're showing precise attacks and defends. Means they're damned good. stick out tongue

And redoing it all in CG would ruin the OT feel and look really awkward on the old film!

LandoSpeeder2
Why does every one say the new fans only like the PT? I'm a new fan and love the OT. I can't say I like the PT over the OT but I can't say I like the OT more then the PT either. Though I do get better memories from the PT then the OT, though I saw the OT first, just because I got to see it with my friends and in the theater. I mean when I was 7 those were good memories, and seeing episode I was a plus. But as movies I enjoy all of them.

Mist
Originally posted by LandoSpeeder2
Why does every one say the new fans only like the PT?

Because, as i have learnt quite a few times today, there are stupid people out there who dont care for others opinions.

Lord Banshee
The best fight will be Sidious vs Mace (I hope) It's when Anakin turns to the dark side... listen to "track 04: Anakins Betrayal". Thats the music for the Mace vs Palp fight. It says enough I think.

Darth Blender

cylob69
Originally posted by Lord Banshee
The best fight will be Sidious vs Mace (I hope) It's when Anakin turns to the dark side... listen to "track 04: Anakins Betrayal". Thats the music for the Mace vs Palp fight. It says enough I think.

Yeah im actually looking forward to Sideous V Mace and Yoda V Sideous more than Ob1 V Ani.

Darth Subjekt
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
1. Bespin Luke vs Vader
2. Ani vs OB1
3. Palps Vs Yoda
4. Luke vs Vader (rotj)
5. Palps vs Mace.
6. Ob1/Qui gonn vs Maul
7. Ob1 vs Vader (AHN)
8. Yoda vs Dooku
9. Qui gonn vs Maul (desert)
10. OB1/Ani vs Dooku (ep 2)

as far as this coming up dooku fight, and the GG fight...ill just have to wait and see.

i kinda did electifox...but like i said i have to wait and see cause i dont know how GL is gonna make 3-5 lightsabers work at once....not physically, just how he'll do it on sceen....ya know, how he'll make it work.

ajrocksteady
Nobody thinks Anakin versus Mace?

ajrocksteady
Which reminds me......In the Going to the darkside webdoc right when SLJ is done talking about Hayden and we see Anakin looking up and to the left with that angry look and he swings, is that from the Mace duel or is that something else?

hunchy
Gee hunchy, tell me how you really feel.. wink

Look, don't get me wrong. I'll take the OT story over the new any day. And I'm not saying all OT fights sucked. I gave them great marks! But me wanting to edit the Obi vader fight, you don't have to like it. It's just the way I feel. I cringe everytime I watch it.
And believe me, I know aaaall about the lightsaber 'physics' according to GL. I love how he also said; we decided to break away from the heavy style fighting for empire, and let them start using one hand. I can see how he really stuck to his saber physics method in NT wink

And yes, I AM 19.. but the world of starwars isn't beyond my adolescent mind. If you still don't like my opinion. Well, have a cry. eek!

Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I should respect your opinion as mine should also be respected.

And it does usually go that new fans like the PT over the OT. Yes, not ALWAYS, but a great majority.

I'm surprised that most of you also are anticipating the Yoda/Sidious fight over the Obi Wan/Anakin fight. I thought that would be most fan's most anticipated fight in the prequels. It's definately mine, even though I know the Yoda/Sidious battle will kick ass also.

Red Superfly
Because, as i have learnt quite a few times today, there are stupid people out there who dont care for others opinions.

Obviously pointing that towards me Mist? I have stated time and time again that people can post whatever they like, providing there's some sort of logic behind it and I'll respect it. I have no problems with these opinions. I may disagree with'em sure, but some of these points have been pretty good, even changing my opinion.

I've said that before, but it's obvious you don't read what I type. It is quite frustrating when people continue to prove my point about making assumptions based on ignorance.

Looks like someone's being a little hypocritical, you need to get that chip off your shoulder Mist.

Sith Master X
I used to think Yoda Vs. Sids would be the best, and I still think the duel will kick a$$. However, after listening to BOTH and seeing more of the footage on the trailer, I think that Anakin Vs. Obi-Wan is the one to beat.

adamrubin
1.Anakin Vs Obiwan
2.Yoda Vs Sidious
3.Mace Vs Palpatine
4.Anakin and Obiwan Vs Dooku
5.Obiwan VS General Grevious
4.Ep3 opening Space battle
5. Kashyyk battle
6.Luke Vs Vader(ROTJ)
7.Luke Vs Vader(ESB)
8.Yoda Vs Dooku
9.Obiwan Vs Jango Fett (Space and Kamino)
10. Obiwan and Anakin Vs Dooku (Ep2)

1 the best
10 the worst

Imaginary
Obviously pointing that towards me Mist? I have stated time and time again that people can post whatever they like, providing there's some sort of logic behind it and I'll respect it. I have no problems with these opinions. I may disagree with'em sure, but some of these points have been pretty good, even changing my opinion.

I've said that before, but it's obvious you don't read what I type. It is quite frustrating when people continue to prove my point about making assumptions based on ignorance.

Looks like someone's being a little hypocritical, you need to get that chip off your shoulder Mist.

No, he wasn't referring to you, he was referring to someone else... not SW related at all.

Mist

nope. looks like you get wired up easily though.

Mist
Originally posted by ajrocksteady
Nobody thinks Anakin versus Mace?

do they even fight?
besides the whole hand cut off incident?

i havent read anything from the books or anything, but i thought he {see spoiler} then palps force pushes.......

Imaginary
Yeah, I think they do fight... don't know details though.

hunchy
I've read the script and Anakin doesn't even fight Mace.

Darth Subjekt
yea but you gotta think why put out the real final draft BEOFRE the movie. I mean i dont know, i only read like 2 pages then quit, but i dont think he would do that. But again Im not Gl so i dont know goes on in his furry head.

Mist
i had a look at the page from the graphic novel....it didnt show any fighting, just what i posted above^^

Sith Master X
I thought I read somewhere on the OS that Samuel Jackson had to learn a 100 plus move saber fight with Hayden?

Mist
that would have been 100 plus moves for sidious....

hunchy
Yeah....sorry guys but Anakin does not fight Mace.

Imaginary
Damn sad

Darth_Nefarus
I think Anakin/Obi-Wan will be incredible, not just because of the pace,t he emotion etc. but it will make you look at the point when Vader cuts Obi-Wan down differently.

hunchy
Oh totally. This is the scene we (at least I) have longed for ever since I've waited for the prequels, and now its only a month away....

Darth Blender

niknak62
i think the one in ep 2 between yoda and that guy

yoda is cool rock

ubidoobascooby
I'm sure it's not gonna happen. But I woulda loved to see Vader, at some point in either trilogys, lift his hands above his head. That's a big thing that always bugged me. I mean Grevious is a regular G.I.JOE.
I think they cut out the scene for Episode 3 where the Empirical droids consult Vader.

"I'm sorry lord vader, but fully rotational arms are sold seperatly... But batteries ARE included."

Stupid shoulder sheild... thing.

Gollum1956
Im gonna like Anakin vs Obi Wan Kenobi due too the emotion flowing and anger

Lord Banshee

"I'm sorry lord vader, but fully rotational arms are sold seperatly... But batteries ARE included."

laughing laughing

ajrocksteady
I'm VERY pissed that for the last few months ive heard that Anakin and Mace fight and now you guys are saying they don't. I was looking forward to that more than anything else. I remember reading a quote from SLJ that anakin killed with a "full frontal" not getting stabbed in the back. I just read Premiere the other day(or was it SciFi...cant remember) but in it they actually list as a duel Anakin versus Mace. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I'm SO mad they dont actually fight. I hope that that isnt the case. I think them not fighting diminishes anakin a little. I mean, all he does is kill Dooku, and slaughter the jedi with a zillion clone troopers. Then he LOSES to Obiwan. This is just my personal opinion and NO ONE may agree with me, but to me, he doesnt seem like "the most powerful jedi by the time Episode 3 begins" even though he is because GL says so. In my mind, the fact that he was to kill Mace(The 2nd baddest dude in the universe), validated his power to me, though Sidious helps to kill Mace.........soooo disappointed right now. sad sad sad sad

Darth Blender

Xam
vader and obi wan in episode 4 stick out tongue

XX Emperor XX
The Anakin vs. Obi-wan will diff. be filled with alot of emotion ant intense moments and being that its about 12 mins long is also a good reason....but don't be suprised if Yoda vs. Sidious turns out to be the best

moviejunkie23
actually anikin does fight mace, at least briefly. My friend read the episode 3 comic that came out recently and he told me all about it.
I don't want to give any spoilers but you can guess how the fight turned out eek!

Imaginary
Originally posted by niknak62
i think the one in ep 2 between yoda and that guy

yoda is cool rock

Yoda and "that guy" blink

ajrocksteady
Moviejunkie, if ur right, i will bow to you

Imaginary
Originally posted by Xam
vader and obi wan in episode 4 stick out tongue

stick out tongue

Jedi_KnightAlly
Lol, I actually quite liked Qui Gon and obi wan vs darth maul. Although i think anakin vs obi wan will be much better lol.

moviejunkie23
Originally posted by ajrocksteady
Moviejunkie, if ur right, i will bow to you

don't bow to me, just thank my friend big grin
hes the one who read it, i havn't yet and i probably won't see everything for myself until the movie comes out. But they probably didn't change much from the movie when makibng the comic adaptation so you can probably count on it being true. wink

ubidoobascooby
Yeh.. I agree with the whole: Ani is the baddest person in the galixy yet the only Jedi or sith he ever took down was a 70 year old with a flaring prostate. eek!
And yes yes there's the jedi temple slaughter. But well see what.. 2 seconds of, "blast that one trooper, shoot some more over there.. eat saber punk kid."

I personally would had loved if ani was kicking obi's ass in the final duel all the way through. However, out of overconfidence, fell in the lava by his own fault as opposed to obi defeating him. This shows the darkside is stronger yet it IS unstable. smile

Fieperskaivu
Nothing will ever touch Luke vs. Vader in the 2nd death star. Second place is easily EASILY Darth Maul vs. Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon

hunchy
Originally posted by Jedi_KnightAlly
Lol, I actually quite liked Qui Gon and obi wan vs darth maul. Although i think anakin vs obi wan will be much better lol.

I agree

Imaginary
I think QG and OW vs Maul needed to be longer.

ubidoobascooby
Originally posted by Fieperskaivu
Nothing will ever touch Luke vs. Vader in the 2nd death star.

I think Luke vs. Vader in 2nd death star... has been touched... alot..

Reasons why I like it:
Musical score pwns. Dramatic, epic.. all that. For it's time it was incredible and still is much like the OT itself.

Reasons why I don't like it:
Lukes channeling the darkside at this point, yet you really don't get the feel for it as he's swinging his saber round like an adolecent at his first baseball game. Most people I know never knew that he was actually using the darkside in this part of the fight.
He's so freaking uncoordinated and slow! For lukes first taste of dark side power... I can see why he didn't get conned over. Which is kind of a NT OT contradiction? But that's just me.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Woulda been cool to see a freaky yellow eyed luke! Then he turns to badmouth the emporer and the yellow fades... this ofcourse representing the darkside and his temptation of it's use. I wouldn't actually show that.. it'd just be cool to see... big grin

SithKiller
Luke and Vader on Bespin was cool but best was Obi vs Maul....An I agree bout Luke on 2nd deathstar waving saber around like an adolecent at his first baseball game...lol...that was funny...anyway until I see something better in III its obi wan vs maul anyday!

Darth Blender

ubidoobascooby
Well Blender, I like u're rational... And I've used it myself alot.

But when episode 1 and 2 came out. I look at qui-gon, dooku and now the emporer after his mutilation whom all kick ass. And despite whatever reasoning lucas would hold... it's just old corriography and gay sabers they had to use at the time. I can't see past that.

This whole obi-wan not training on tatooine concept.. all he CAN do on tatooine is train. Focus his skills. That's what he goes to tatooine to do. Learn from qui-gon, hone his skills.. prepair to kick the emporers ass. He doesn't know when lukes gonna be ready. Plus he's always looking out for luke... sandpeople?
I don't think obi just sat around his jedi pad playing his x-box, checking the clock every 10 minutes.

Plus, sure.. luke got a crash course. Jedi learn from the force too though don't they wink.. What happened between episode 5 and 6? He's the son of skywalker for petes sake.. little anikan was making c-3pos and racing pods before his balls dropped!

The force runs stong, in my family... but I was adopted...
(deleted scene)

Red Superfly

What happened between episode 5 and 6? He's the son of skywalker for petes sake.. little anikan was making c-3pos and racing pods before his balls dropped!

Well, obviously Luke was the same then, we just didn't get to see it. Luke was a mechanic himself, and also a great pilot ("I used to bullseye womprats back home...."wink and then the fact he could jump straight into an X-Wing and pilot one with the skill of the great Anakin Skywalker himself shows a lot about Luke's talent.

It's obvious Luke knew there was something more to his life, he was always trying to realise his potential but his Uncle wouldn't have it.

I mean, why didn't Obi-Wan keep Luke with him and train him? Because he had already failed and knew that Luke needed to turn Anakin, rather than overpower him. That'll be the reason why Luke is given to Beru and Owen, to live a normal life, a non-Jedi life, and teach the boy about attachments, rather than, like they did with his father, discourage it.

Luke had to live that normal life to become the man he was - both Obi-Wan and Yoda realise that Qui-Gons philosophy was right, trust your feelings, feel, don't think.

Luke is the first Jedi that actually gets it all right, because Qui-Gon fully understood the will of the force and taught those who could pass it on to Luke. Luke gets a different kind of training as a result of Qui-Gons findings, and therefore, Luke becomes the first "perfect" Jedi.

vader519
Well Luke traind himself and kept learing about the force between Episodes 5 & 6. Also he built his new lightsaber and was constructing the plan to save Han Solo.

Darth Subjekt
what we dont see is that Luke was on Degobah alot longer than what we perceived. He wasnt there for just a week or so. He basically went through the jedi trials, or at least what Yoda could muster up on that planet. But i stand firm that Luke vs Vader on Bespin is the best fight. Maybe not the most visually captivating, but the best. I think that Ani vs OB1 will the be the best as far as choreography and stunnig, jaw-dropping moves. Again thats just IMHO.

Knowone
think it'll be Yoda and the soon to be Ep

Darth Subjekt
hmm...that'll be good too, but just not as good, IMHO

ubidoobascooby
Well, obviously Luke was the same then...and also a great pilot ("I used to bullseye womprats back home...."wink and then the fact he could jump straight into an X-Wing and pilot one with the skill of the great Anakin Skywalker himself shows a lot about Luke's talent.

I mean, why didn't Obi-Wan keep Luke with him and train him? Because he had already failed and knew that Luke needed to turn Anakin, rather than overpower him. That'll be the reason why Luke is given to Beru and Owen, to live a normal life, a non-Jedi life, and teach the boy about attachments

I like the concept of handing him over to owen and beru to recieve "feeling training".
Asking what happened between 5 and 6 was a retorical question wink Sort of emphesizing that he was training from the force in that time. Which, even if unofficial starwars material doesn't count, I assume that's what luke would be doing.

What I'M talking about is the fact that the coriography is the only let down. Story good... coriography bad.

Here's the other thing. If luke was trained to confront vader, not kill him, then why did yoda and obi not reveal that he's anikan. They tought him to fight because they wanted to kill vader.. they didn't know he could be turned.
"once you start down the dark path... forever will it dominate your destiny."
"I can't kill my father." "then the emporer has already won.. you were our last hope."

and luke = perfect jedi? Lucas's own perspective is that lukes training is incomplete, and that he learned from 2 ancient jedi so.. not his exact words but "luke wasn't too great".

Darth Blender

ubidoobascooby

Red Superfly

and luke = perfect jedi? Lucas's own perspective is that lukes training is incomplete, and that he learned from 2 ancient jedi so.. not his exact words but "luke wasn't too great".

I meant in a spiritual sense. Luke recieves the best sort of training, because he gets trained AFTER Qui Gon reveals that he was right.

Remember, Qui Gons methods were unorthodox, he didn't get on the council because the Jedi thought he was reckless - but Qui Gon was right all along. Once Ben and Yoda learn the truth, they train Luke accordingly. This will be made clearer after Episode III.

Therefore, Luke is the perfect Jedi. He gets trained based on FACT, not on what the Jedi believed - unlike Anakin. This again demonstrates Obi-Wan and Yodas failure with Anakin. He kept his feelings locked up, and in the end he exploded.

Darth Blender

atheist
Duel of Fates is the best overall lightsaber battle. It has great music, it is fast paced, and has just enough emotion.

Darth Blender
Plain and simple statement to the thread! Cool.
big grin

brendy
i think that this film will be over-dualed. so to speak. i mean how will the characters be developed when all they do is fight.

Darth Blender
Originally posted by brendy
i think that this film will be over-dualed. so to speak. i mean how will the characters be developed when all they do is fight.

The characters are already known and established! EP I & EP II only prepared and led for/to this movie. Everything was pointed on this film. Even Qiu-Gonn. He will become one of the most important characters in the entire saga! You will see! wink

ubidoobascooby
Originally posted by Darth Blender
The characters are already known and established! EP I & EP II only prepared and led for/to this movie. Everything was pointed on this film. Even Qiu-Gonn. He will become one of the most important characters in the entire saga! You will see! wink

Couldna said it better myself wink My complaint is that there isn't ENOUGH of everything. Go Peter Jackson style, 3 hours long each. THEN! Extended eddition! 4 hours! eek!

Those kiwi's know how to make a good film stick out tongue

Red Superfly
I get the feeling Qui Gons popularity will soar once Episode III is shown.

He'll be legendary, in fact.

It also shows how Obi-Wan became a lot more like Qui Gon.

I think Qui Gon is a really good character. I know I always seem very critical of the prequels, but I always enjoyed Qui-Gon's character.

ubidoobascooby
I get the feeling Qui Gons popularity will soar once Episode III is shown.

He'll be legendary, in fact.

It also shows how Obi-Wan became a lot more like Qui Gon.

I think Qui Gon is a really good character. I know I always seem very critical of the prequels, but I always enjoyed Qui-Gon's character.

I hated the idea of qui-gon being in ep3. Just that lack of continuity of him not getting a single mention in the OT. Now I don't care anymore.

Phoenix Jedi
I have read the book! It rocks...
All the fights with Sidious in are rocking. REALL Y BIG SPOILER: The book makes Sidious out to be some 00ber ultra-powerful Sith who you can't see when me moves. And kinda does the same with Obi-Wan, who defeats Grievous easily. When Palpy reveals to Anakin who he is, Anakin goes all scared and tries to run away. Then Mace and Kit Fisto and Agen Kolar and Saesee Tiin get there, and Anakin tells them who Palpy really is. And Anakin and Mace don't fight, Sidious kills Fisto, Kolar and Tiin, then fights Mace, and Anakin appears. Mace knocks Sidious out onto the window ledge, sliced his saber in half, but has his hand cut off by Anakin, the Sidious Force-Lightnings him and he fall off the building to a grisly death a kilometer below. And that's when Anakin turns to te dark side.

Mist
thats the bad thing about the book....the picture you get from reading it looks completely different to how the movie looks...so im staying right away til after the movie...i was disappointed with aotc after reading it...

ubidoobascooby
Heh, this is a snippit taken from an interview with Nick Gillard on theforce.net
I like the mans thinkin wink

:Which fight scene did Gillard like best out of the original trilogy?
Gillard answered honestly, "none of them, they were all dreadful, lots of laughter.":

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.