rogue vs spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

life is cruell
who would win?

this fight will take place in manhattan both people know about eachother

life is cruell
i think spiderman would win because his costume prevents skin to skin conact although rogue could easily rip it

Kontraz
depends on what powers she has starting off

life is cruell
how bout her class 50 strength flight and absorbing powers

Kontraz
i'd say its REALLY even. rogue has the strength and flight, but spidey has webbing, speed, and agility.

wannabe
Originally posted by Kontraz
i'd say its REALLY even. rogue has the strength and flight, but spidey has webbing, speed, and agility.

I agree, exept in the case Spidey would glue her like I mentioned in the Spidey v. Hulk thread.

Kontraz
yeah, but would rogue be able to just rip the webbing off?

Scoobless
Rogue shouldn't be strong enough to tear Spider-Man's webs if she is only class 50

stormfront13
if he can even hit her with webbing or has the chance to. idk spiderman is the better fighter maybe but rogue is also good. and she is durable. while he is trying to fight her he may forget that she can't touch him. idk i say spidey might win but rogue has a chance

Swanky-Tuna
This has already been done

Scoobless
i was going to put the link up myself but i couldn't find the other thread..... smile

stormfront13
sometimes the serach thread doesn't work so you can't much blame the creator

life is cruell
yeah they give you like 10 threads but thre will be more that you cnat see

derrick24
you all gave good arguments but you didnt think behind them. Rogue is very powerful she has many ways of beating spiderman. If venom is able to break free of the webbing or carnage rogue shouldnt have a problem. She is invulnerable (the girl takes hits and blast from sentinels, punches from juggernaut, and stands still while bullets are hitting her.), she has amazing strength ( 50 ton class), flight, which she is very fast, fly 500 mph and a 6 sense which alerts her to danger (not as good as spiderman) and last but not least absorption. I think spiderman will lose this fight sense he dont have a way of beating her. If you come up with a way spiderman would win please let me know.The way i see it is if she is taking full blown hits from juggernaut, apocalypse and sentinels she might just stand there and let spiderman hit her and smile the entire time.

Mainstream
this just in Spiderman can now lift 15 tons...he is now only 4 times weaker than Rogue....way to go wall crawler!!!! the following information on spiderman strenght boost can be found in the Spiderman handbook 2005 edition for only $3.99 and is sold were most comic books can be sold!! god I sound like a commerical.

brainchild81
Spiderman wouldn't let up on her. He'd go all out and eventually KO her. If he can stagger the Hulk, he can K Rouge O!

Mainstream
nah Rogue would win Sugah.....rogue2

Mainstream
I meant 3 times weaker.

brainchild81
Ah'm pretty sure Ah know what Ah'm talkin' about. Afta Rouge see's that she can't lay a hit on Spidey and he lands all kindsa hits on her, Ah'm pretty sure she'll be in more trouble than a long tailed cat in a room fulla rockin' chairs!

Mainstream
hysterical2 CLASSIC!

brainchild81
lol I do my best.

Mainstream
"wow Rogue is pretty hot...she got more than my spider sense tingling! Gotta...think....of ....sports...but the only sport I can think of his women mud westling. Focus Spidey Focus.

black robb
Originally posted by Mainstream
"wow Rogue is pretty hot...she got more than my spider sense tingling! Gotta...think....of ....sports...but the only sport I can think of his women mud westling. Focus Spidey Focus. while Pete's staring at her jugs Rogue gives him a punch in the nuts sick

black robb
Originally posted by black robb
while Pete's staring at her jugs Rogue gives him a punch in the nuts sick i was joking Spidey going to win

Mainstream
spiderman3 black spidey would really win......be black and proud my web swinging bro-tha.

black robb
spiderman3 black spidey would really win......be black and proud my web swinging bro-tha. laughing

Mainstream
the man always wanna keep the black Spidey down! spiderman3

GalacticStorm
Rogue would win this. Its not the same as when he's fought titania cos she was ground based and only had her powers for a day when he beat her. Also most of the super strength people hes fought have either been ground based and not very manoeuvrable or jus plain stupid e.g Rhino. Rogue is completely different. Shes much stronger so she easily packs enough to lay him out with a good strike, plus her fast flight speed and aerial manoeuvrability would allow her to dodge his projectiles and also keep up with him. Rogue can break free of Spidermans webbing because people in the past much weaker than her have done so without too much effort. Also spiderman isnt strong enough to knock her out just like that. It would be after repeated blows. However rogue isnt just going to stand there and let him pummel her. If he gets too close hes finished. Some of u might argue about his agility but that means he'll be able to avoid and dodge her attacks for a time but he cant cover an area anywhere near as fast as he can and its only a matter of time before she lands a good blow.

Swanky-Tuna
this just in Spiderman can now lift 15 tons...he is now only 4 times weaker than Rogue....way to go wall crawler!!!! the following information on spiderman strenght boost can be found in the Spiderman handbook 2005 edition for only $3.99 and is sold were most comic books can be sold!! god I sound like a commerical. How long has Spidey been in comics? And he's only increased 5 tons for lifting. Eat that Magneto. Storm. Jean Grey. Cable. Gambit. Wolverine. What the heck, Magneto again.

Mainstream
by the year 3812 spidey may be almost kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe strong enough to half way beat the weakness Hulk form.

Swanky-Tuna
He could probably do it now. He just needs to create a sleeping gas based webbing.

black robb
by the year 3812 spidey may be almost kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe sorta kinda maybe strong enough to half way beat the weakness Hulk form. DAMN RIGHT!

Mainstream
heh heh heh

Metalmanx
Hm...a good match-up indeed.

I think I'll hold my vote for a bit. I'd like to see some more opinions. Spidey may be outclassed in speed, strength, flight, and durability, but he definitely has some advantages. Namely agility, reflexes, Spidey-sense, and (I think) superior fighting knowledge.

This is a good one indeed.

StrawNilla
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Rogue would win this. Its not the same as when he's fought titania cos she was ground based and only had her powers for a day when he beat her. Also most of the super strength people hes fought have either been ground based and not very manoeuvrable or jus plain stupid e.g Rhino. Rogue is completely different. Shes much stronger so she easily packs enough to lay him out with a good strike, plus her fast flight speed and aerial manoeuvrability would allow her to dodge his projectiles and also keep up with him. Rogue can break free of Spidermans webbing because people in the past much weaker than her have done so without too much effort. Also spiderman isnt strong enough to knock her out just like that. It would be after repeated blows. However rogue isnt just going to stand there and let him pummel her. If he gets too close hes finished. Some of u might argue about his agility but that means he'll be able to avoid and dodge her attacks for a time but he cant cover an area anywhere near as fast as he can and its only a matter of time before she lands a good blow.
Getting past the issue of webbing and things of this nature....

You forget one thing: the spider sense. Spidey uses this along with a complex and amazing array of superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, leaping ability, elasticity, metahuman regenerative endurance, etc. as part of his unique and unmatched fighting style I have deemed: the bob and weave combat method. Spidey's easily more maneverable on the ground than most all of whom he encounters, and he uses this to his advantage (especially against stronger opponents), at times he will leap above them landing multiple speed attacks with those fists of his (as he has so often done with the Hulk). This is thanks to his aerial maneuverability, remember, with nothing more than webline, reflexes, and his own elasticity he's contorted himself between multiple lasers, bullets, etc. To summarize: if Spidey were to attack Rogue close up as you say, it's not a necessity (at least in his mind) to stand there and try and finish it out, no, he'd much rather prefer to attack at multiple angles or here and there only to pull back to start the process over from the beginning over and over again.

Eventually, if Rogue is smart and Spidey isn't in one of his speedblitzing moods (more on speedblitizing after this), she'll take the fight to the air. But Spidey isn't helpless in this field as well either, he could just dodge her on the ground by zeroing in on the spider sense as to not miss a beat, and after a period of dodging has been completed a little later on in the battle, Spidey could web her as she passes on. Sure, she could tear through it but not before this little diversion slows her leaving her as prey to an aerial blitz courtesy of Spidey, it all comes down to how fast Rogue can regain lost composure, and after you've been sprayed with a substance that's likely to be stronger than your average steel cable in mid-air, it would be hard for anyone in Rogue's shoes (including Rogue) to shake it off a second or so after it happens.

Moving on, there is of course the matter of the speedblitz. At the starting bell Spidey could cover distance between him and Rogue with a simple forward leap, you know, seeing as how vertically Spidey covers a distance of 30 ft or more. Now, factor in the advantage Spidey holds using the element of surprise plus fists packing the a lifting force of 10 tons+ being thrown all out against your head and the end result: victory for Spidey via concussion. When you think about it, attacks that you have no time to brace yourself for ala sneak attacks take a greater toll on you in their effect than would an attack you were prepared for. With this to play a factor, combined with the fact that Spidey's going all out (as he commonly does when executing a speedblitz), Rogue's going to feel the effect of the attack a bit worse than she would prepared. When it comes down to an event like this, it's all about the speed of one's composure, and if Rogue is already in danger of being KO'ed by Spidey composed, then uncomposed it only takes that much more effort off on Spidey's part.

GalacticStorm
Rogue is known for her speed and she is a formidable fighter in her own right. What u forgot to factor into this fight is Rogues psychic seventh sense which allows her to anticipate an enemies actions giving her a slight edge in a fight. Spideys sense just warns him that hes in danger. Rogues speed and aerial manoeuvrability would ensure she owns spidey in the air. Rogue could avoid his projectiles through speed and her seventh sense. You cant read xmen if u think after the starting bell rogues going to just stand there and let spidey leap at her. Knowing her fighting style she would take to the air from the offset. If he did make such a move that would leave him very open and she would knock his lights out. Rogue mostly fights from the air its her style spidey cant speed blitz such an opponent to any great degree since he cant get airborne. Also spideys is quick and agile but hes far from being flash and rogue is far from being rhino, an inexperienced titania or a slow irrational hulk. She wouldnt stay in one place to get pummeled like that and she would anticipate his attacks and be waiting with an uppercut.

GalacticStorm
Rogue has a good level of durability and can withstand spideys strikes for a decent amount of time before they start to affect her performance. One good strike from rogue would severely impair spideys and give rogue the oppurtunity to finish him off. Spideys oly advantage would be his agility and ability to evade attacks because rogue is a skilled fighter, she can anticipate an enemys movements and shes fast so spideys greatest chance of winning which was this so called speed blitz isnt gonna be half as effective as it was on say titania or spideys usual slow, dumb powerhouses he manages to take out/stalemate. This would be a long drawn on out fight because i believe spidey would be ale to avoid her attacks for a decent amount of time and with a speed blitzs efficiency negated by rogues powers then the odd blow he might get in now and again will just be shrugged off. Rogue takes this

StrawNilla
Rogue is known for her speed and she is a formidable fighter in her own right. Wha u forgot to factor into this fight is Rogues psychic seventh sense which allows her to anticipate an enemies actions giving her a slight edge in a fight spideys sense just warns him that hes in danger. Rogues speed and aerial manoeuvrability would ensure she owns spidey in the air. Rogue could avoid his projectiles through speed and her seventh sense. You cant read xmen if u think after the starting bell rogues going to just sand there and let spidey leap at her. Knowing her fighting style she would take to the air from the offset. If he did make such a move that would leave him very open and she would knock his lights out. Rogue mostly fights from the air its her style spidey cant speed blitz such an opponent to any great degree since he cant get airborne. Also spideys is quick and agile but hes far from being flash and rogue is far from being rhino, an inexperienced titania or a slow irrational hulk. She wouldnt stay in one place to get pummeled like that and she would anticipate his attacks and be waiting with an uppercut.
Rogue's psychic seventh sense? Um, okay, not familiar with this particular aspect of her powers but whatever. And Spidey leaping after her would not leave him open for any attack his spider sense could detect, and while I'll agree that Rogue is a fast one in her own right, she's not faster than the spider sense. And the spider sense does more than anticipates an enemies actions, from your description of Rogue's psychic seventh sense, Rogue ONLY anticipates an enemy's actions and nothing more. The spider sense pretty much detects and knows of an attack coming before it occurs as if it anticipates it only, in this case (at least in most cases) it doesn't have to second guess or correct itself.

And unless Rogue has a blurringly fast take off, there's a good chance Spidey could tag her before she's even halfway off the ground. Just because Spidey may have to leap from point A to point B doesn't mean he does this in a dragging fashion, he has a pretty frikkin' fast takeoff to all of his leaps both vertically and horizontally. If he can place a shot to Rogue's abdomen it should at least be enough to slow her or, as a result of the power of Spidey's punch, send her sprawling backwards as we are talking about a punch from Spidey at pretty much it's highest potential. With this as a momentary slow-down for Rogue, Spidey could blitz her and in turn begin the process once more.

And though Spidey can't get airborne to the point of flight, he can get up in the air quite high, and as I've said before, if Rogue's takeoff isn't blurringly fast, she's subject to a frontal attack from Spidey. I've never said that Spidey was Flash, but that doesn't mean that Spidey can't be fast, he's very fast. And there's a good chance that with his speed and reflexes combined with the ground he can cover bouncing from here to there, Rogue may resort to coming back down and fighting Spidey in HTH. And if Spidey isn't outside the margin of area where he can leap horizontally from point A to point B, he's in area short enough for a speedblitz. And Rogue's not going to last all day against Spidey pounding against her skull with all his might, not even close. And seeing that Spidey is a man of good sense he will know when that spider sense warns him he's going to abide to it's will and avoid Rogue's punches. He's got the endurance to do that alone for hours on end, all the while calling his shots and taking them in full stride.

brainchild81
And he's gonna web the eyes @ least once. Free hits.

Gamma Crush!
I think Rouge is a little too strong and fast for Spiderman.

brainchild81
Rogue is known for her speed and she is a formidable fighter in her own right. What u forgot to factor into this fight is Rogues psychic seventh sense which allows her to anticipate an enemies actions giving her a slight edge in a fight. Spideys sense just warns him that hes in danger. You should post some proof of this "anticipate" thing. You sure she hadn't drained that from somebody? And Spidey sense does more than that. When he's not being toned down for storytelling purposes. http://www.geocities.com/spydr7

Metalmanx
I just thought I should let you all know something. I don't believe Rogue's speed will play much of a factor in this fight.

Years ago, our friendly neighborhood Spiderman faced off against, dare I say? Quicksilver. The fastest mutant. And Spiderman did indeed end up winning that match.

So, speed is really not a very arguable factor in this fight.

And Rogue would have a little more trouble with his webbing than some of you give her credit for. Even with her Class 50 Strength Level, it's still mighty difficult to just rip of webbing that is not only stuck to you, but it's as strong as thick steel cable. The webbing itself can support 10+ tons. That's a lot. She's going to have more trouble with it than some of you think.

And after seeing the many different opinions...I'm leaning more towards Spiderman on this one.

GalacticStorm
"You should post some proof of this "anticipate" thing. You sure she hadn't drained that from somebody"

Any1 who actallly is a long time reader of xmen and avenger comics would know this to be the truth. If people dont know about this then i suggest u read the comics or dont debate about a character u know little about cos your opinion will only b biased,

GalacticStorm
"Years ago, our friendly neighborhood Spiderman faced off against, dare I say? Quicksilver. The fastest mutant. And Spiderman did indeed end up winning that match."

Ground speed speed and flight speed are very nuch different things and are totally different to face off agains in comparison for different reasons. For quite apparent reasons,

brainchild81

Any1 who actallly is a long time reader of xmen and avenger comics would know this to be the truth. If people dont know about this then i suggest u read the comics or dont debate about a character u know little about cos your opinion will only b biased, You should try using the quote button. No need to be insulting. You sound like a "holyer than thou" fanboy when you say stuff like that. Think about it. I've got a right to debate if I want to. I'm not gonna stop just because I don't know what Rouge had for breakfast yesturday. That power you mentioned isn't common knowledge by any means. I merely wanted some reference dude and I still do. If you could provide it then maybe you could unbias my opinion. Wouldn't that be great? Relax.

GalacticStorm
That wasnt insulting in the slightest i never singled out anyone, Some people are just obviously over sensitive. It was, has and never will be my intention to insult some1 to win an argument. That is AC tactics. That is far from mine.

GalacticStorm
Obviously if u dont have sufficient knowledge about a character then u sould refrain from debating that seems very fair to me.

sbo
Originally posted by brainchild81
You should post some proof of this "anticipate" thing. You sure she hadn't drained that from somebody?

Check out Uncanny xmen 192 for the proof.
Nightcrawler was teleporting numerous times in rapid succession, rogue anticipated where he'd appear and backhanded him across the room before he could teleport out of her way. Then she took off and caught him in mid air before he spattered against the wall.

She hadn't absorbed anyone additional.

So her reflexes and precognitive abilities are up there pretty close to spidey's. Her strength, durability, and speed are far greater than his. All of these advantages plus the power draining touch makes Rogue much more likely to come out the victor in a fight with spiderman.

GalacticStorm
u go sbo!!!! lol

brainchild81
I'll check it out as soon as possible. Did they ever mention this as a power outright? She can get from point a to point B faster than Spidey because of flight, but that's about it. Spidey's punches and kicks will land, her's won't. She's not as fast as far as reflexes goes. He's had a pretty good showing against Cap. Britain before. Flying opponents are tough but Spidey knows how to fight them. He's gonna web the eyes and pound her repeatedly. It might take a while, but he'd KO her.

brainchild81
That wasnt insulting in the slightest i never singled out anyone, Some people are just obviously over sensitive. It was, has and never will be my intention to insult some1 to win an argument. That is AC tactics. That is far from mine. Then no hard feelings then. I'm just saying you can't expect everyone to know everything you might know about Rouge. When asked for proof, instead of just giving it, you made it seem like I should have known already. But it's in the past. We'll move on. No internet beef.

Swanky-Tuna
"You should post some proof of this "anticipate" thing. You sure she hadn't drained that from somebody"

Any1 who actallly is a long time reader of xmen and avenger comics would know this to be the truth. If people dont know about this then i suggest u read the comics or dont debate about a character u know little about cos your opinion will only b biased,
That's the most elaborate way of saying "Proof? I don't have proof."
Originally posted by sbo
Check out Uncanny xmen 192 for the proof.
Nightcrawler was teleporting numerous times in rapid succession, rogue anticipated where he'd appear and backhanded him across the room before he could teleport out of her way. Then she took off and caught him in mid air before he spattered against the wall.
Cyclops has done the very same. Against Nightcrawler even.
Why does she get hit by as many people as she does then? People Spiderman would of dodged. Like Juggernaut or Sabretooth.

This sixth sense sound more on par with when your dad says he's a good judge of character or your grandma knows when the cookies are done.

GalacticStorm
"That's the most elaborate way of saying "Proof? I don't have proof.""

Thats why i luv u swanky!!! LOL. But yeah SBO's given evidence plus its also stated in her bio

sbo
"Why does she get hit by as many people as she does then? People Spiderman would of dodged. Like Juggernaut or Sabretooth."

Why does spiderman get hit as often as he does? Doc octopus, vulture, tombstone to name just a few, I know there are alot more. No defense system is ever 100%, you're going to get hit sometime no matter how good you are. The bad news for spidey in this fight is that 1 hit is all rogue needs to slow spiderman down ALOT if not ko him entirely.

"This sixth sense sound more on par with when your dad says he's a good judge of character or your grandma knows when the cookies are done."

They're actually nothing alike. The examples you gave judgements made based on experience, not intuition. Rogue anticipated and countered nightcrawler's attack in seconds, hardly enough time to learn from experience.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by sbo
Why does spiderman get hit as often as he does? Doc octopus, vulture, tombstone to name just a few, I know there are alot more. No defense system is ever 100%, you're going to get hit sometime no matter how good you are. The bad news for spidey in this fight is that 1 hit is all rogue needs to slow spiderman down ALOT if not ko him entirely.
Well... Spiderman fought Juggernaut for days and obviously either didn't get hit or used his agility to deflect much of the force behind the blows. As soon as Rogue fights Juggernaut she gets choked.

sbo
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Well... Spiderman fought Juggernaut for days and obviously either didn't get hit or used his agility to deflect much of the force behind the blows. As soon as Rogue fights Juggernaut she gets choked.

Juggernaut wouldn't really be that hard to avoid if all you're trying to do is stay alive. With Rogue it's an entirely different, he won't be able to outrun her no matter how fast he jumps or swings around.

And speaking of juggernaut, Rogue can afford to take a few punches. If getting punched across town by Juggs doesn't put her down, Spidey would have to pound on her for quite some time and avoid taking any hits himself to even hope to win.

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by sbo
Juggernaut wouldn't really be that hard to avoid if all you're trying to do is stay alive.Rogue sure failed to avoid him. She may be able to afford getting hit but can she afford to be choked?

brainchild81
smile

black robb
In short SPIDEY WINS BYATCHES!!!

sbo
Rogue sure failed to avoid him. She may be able to afford getting hit but can she afford to be choked?

Could Rogue afford to be choked by spiderman? Absolutely.

Could he afford to be choked by Rogue? absolutely Not.
She could probably squeeze his neck hard enough to pop his head clean off.

And trying to put Rogue in a choke hold is the last thing spiderman should to do. Anything that puts him in close contact with Rogue for a prolonged period of time will only make his defeat come that much quicker.

black robb
Originally posted by sbo

And trying to put Rogue in a choke hold is the last thing spiderman should to do. Anything that puts him in close contact with Rogue for a prolonged period of time will only make his defeat come that much quicker. his suit covers his whole body so it wouldn't matter

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by sbo

And trying to put Rogue in a choke hold is the last thing spiderman should to do. Anything that puts him in close contact with Rogue for a prolonged period of time will only make his defeat come that much quicker. No, I'm saying she failed to avoid Juggernaut and was even being choked by him but Spiderman avoided Juggernaut for days. To show the speed/reaction/agility difference.

sbo
his suit covers his whole body so it wouldn't matter

Do you think his costume is too strong for Rogue to tear?

black robb
Originally posted by sbo
Do you think his costume is too strong for Rogue to tear? uh.......yeah

sbo
No, I'm saying she failed to avoid Juggernaut and was even being choked by him but Spiderman avoided Juggernaut for days. To show the speed/reaction/agility difference.

She's avoided his punches before, there's no doubt she could avoid juggernaut if that was her only goal.

And spiderman's been hit by slow moving morons like rhino, so he doesn't avoid everything either.

black robb
ok even i'll admit that really Spiderman would probably have to formulate a strategy before he could beat Rogue

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by sbo
She's avoided his punches before, there's no doubt she could avoid juggernaut if that was her only goal.

And spiderman's been hit by slow moving morons like rhino, so he doesn't avoid everything either. Does rogue have credentials like dodging sustained machine gun fire or quicksilver?

sbo
ok even i'll admit that really Spiderman would probably have to formulate a strategy before he could beat Rogue

It would have to be a damn good strategy at that. Without prep time he wouldn't be able to come up with anything fast enough.

sbo
Does rogue have credentials like dodging sustained machine gun fire or quicksilver?

She's caught machine gun fire by hand and thrown it back at the person firing at her. I'd say that's a lot better than being able to dodge it.

GalacticStorm
True. That was in her fight with the neo

Swanky-Tuna
True. That was in her fight with the neo
Whoa....

sbo
Whoa..... indeed

stormfront13
yeah i saw that it was prety good. by the way imo rogue wins

Swanky-Tuna
For the record, I didn't mean "Whoa..." like impressive. I meant just Whoa...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y186/zanpanzer/halted.gif

stormfront13
well i can't much picture spider-man catching bullets in mid-passage. and i bet they will go right through him also.

Swanky-Tuna
If he had a kevlar catcher's mitt or something, we still wouldn't know probably. We know he has the agility and speed to dodge them but he doesn't really have a "catch bullets"-sense.

stormfront13
but i f his spider sense is as good as people say it is then couldn't he pin-point the direction of the bulltes as rogue did??

Metalmanx
Uh...he does. That's kinda how he continues to dodge them.

And GalacticStorm. Arg. Just...arg.

Yes, I know there is in fact a difference between running on the ground and flying in the air. Duh. That is obvious. Please don't talk down to me like you wrote the book on quantum physics (And PLEASE don't give me that "Some people are oversensitive" crap. You're really not one to talk). But speed is still speed nontheless. Quicksilver runs circles around Rogue, flying or not.

And yet Spiderman has defeated Quicksilver, and not being superfast himself might I add.

He knows what he is doing when it comes to speedsters and super strong opponents.

stormfront13
i wasn't talking to you i was talking about swanky's response that he can't tell where the bullets are coming from

Swanky-Tuna
I'm not saying he can't tell where the bullets are coming from. I'm saying he has the speed and agility but *might* not have the eye-hand cordination.

stormfront13
and what i said was that if his spider sense was that good then he would be able to. people say that he gets warned of danger before it happens and its direction. if he knew where they wer coming from and he was as saft as people say then he would be able to grad maching-gune fire and throw it nack at his opponents

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah, it tells him where it's coming from and to dodge but it doesn't help him catch things.

GalacticStorm
"And GalacticStorm. Arg. Just...arg.

Yes, I know there is in fact a difference between running on the ground and flying in the air. Duh. That is obvious. Please don't talk down to me like you wrote the book on quantum physics (And PLEASE don't give me that "Some people are oversensitive" crap. You're really not one to talk). But speed is still speed nontheless. Quicksilver runs circles around Rogue, flying or not.

And yet Spiderman has defeated Quicksilver, and not being superfast himself might I add.

He knows what he is doing when it comes to speedsters and super strong opponents."

Im sorry but who the hell was talking to u. None of what you quoted me on was directed at you so move along. Just because spiderman has fought a single speedster before doesnt mean he can take them all out. Same goes for his experience with super strong people. It was mentioned earlier on that spidey has never gone up against a super strong opponent like rogue who is not only far more intelligent than his usual opponents in the same category but also a lot more manoeuvrable. Also rogue might not be able to fly as fast as QS can run but obviously being able to fly means she can get to places he cant, she can avoid harm better than he can and yeah even reach places quicker than QS ever could in some circumstances. Spidey beating him doesnt mean rogues flight speed is negated as an advantage in this fight. Far from it. Rogues combination of martial arts training, super strength, considerable flight speed and aerial maneouvrability, invulnerability and absorption powers make her the victor in this battle. Spideys never fought anyone like her before. Most of the super strong peeps hes fought hav been ground based, dumb or just straight out brawlers with no decent fighting skills. The one speedster he fought was also ground based and so limited in his tactics. Rogue can take a decent amount of punishment. Spidey cant. One full on blow and he is out of it.

Swanky-Tuna
If Sabretooth could take Rogue, I'm sure Spidey could do something.

sbo
I suppose you're referring to sabretooth hiding in the bushes and then taking rogue down from behind. In an ambush attack from behind like sabretooth attacked Rogue, Spidey might have a shot, but in a face to face confrontation no way.

Swanky-Tuna
Sabretooth fights Wolverine. You'd think even with a sneak attack Sabretooth would do nothing to Rogue.

And her sixth sense sure helped her out there didn't it.

sbo
Her sixth sense isn't an early warning system in terms of detecting enemies. It allows her to anticipate opponents moves, but doesn't alert her to sneak attacks.

As far as sabretooth knocking Rogue out, it doesn't really make sense that he'd be able to knock her out with a few punches, with or without the advantage of surprise.
He must have just eaten a big can of spinach or something.

Swanky-Tuna
Spinach is superior to the Infinity Gauntlet.

Cosmic Cube
Spinach is superior to the Infinity Gauntlet.

Doubtful.

Swanky-Tuna
With spinach, you can punch anybody into anything and whatever they land on will shoot into the air and land in a perfect and secure cage around the person you punched.

sbo
With spinach, you can punch anybody into anything and whatever they land on will shoot into the air and land in a perfect and secure cage around the person you punched.

That's true, I've seen it happen on more than 1 occasion.

jplatinum
Rogue.

Blade Cutter
Originally posted by stormfront13
well i can't much picture spider-man catching bullets in mid-passage. and i bet they will go right through him also. He has cot darts fired from a tranquiliser gun in mid air.If he timed it right he probable do it with out getting hurt.

Metalmanx
Okay. Spiderman is fast. But he's not going to pluck bullets from the air. He just can't do that. A dart, yes. A bullet, no.

And I'm voting for Spiderman, so it's not like I'm trying to deny him.

GalacticStorm
"And I'm voting for Spiderman, so it's not like I'm trying to deny him."

For what reason? This whole threads nearly as ridiculous as the storm vs spiderman

Metalmanx
Who honestly won that, by the way?

Swanky-Tuna
Everybody just stopped posting after there was a big ***** fest about the storm side trying to say they won and then everybody just stopped posting.

stormfront13
because there is no honest way that spidey could win* you didn't provide anything that would say otherwise so i guess we assumed everyone agreed that storm would win. and matalmanX rogue plucked bulltes from the air and threw it back at the sender so she is obviously better at something that he is

GalacticStorm
The storm side won basically because the only thing spidermans side was coming up with is that he could throw a pebble at her and knock her out roll eyes (sarcastic)

stormfront13
lol yeah lol i had a god laugh at that one

Metalmanx
Okay, so Rogue can pluck bullets out of the air and throw them back just as fast. This is still nothing Spidey can't handle obviously. Obviously if he can dodge bullets coming at him normally anyway, he can also dodge bullets thrown by Rogue.

And in case that wasn't your argument, then yes, Rogue can indeed catch bullets out of the air. Now tell me how this is an advantage.

Swanky-Tuna
lol yeah lol i had a god laugh at that one
Dude, you can't even act smug. You jump more bandwagons than an atomic powered jumping monsters in a bandwagon jumping contest.

stormfront13
i don't jump bandwagons. unless my what i say is proved wrong then i stick with it. and i don't try to be smug. i was talking to galactic not you.

Swanky-Tuna
i don't jump bandwagons. unless my what i say is proved wrong then i stick with it.
Until Draco came along you were saying Spiderman would probably win but Storm had a chance or something like that. Then when Draco started fightin' your battle, you went right back to Storm. Same thing happened with Dr. Doom too I believe.

I don't try to have black hair or have a sore taste bud but guess what? I have black hair and a sore taste bud.

Metalmanx
Dude, you can't even act smug. You jump more bandwagons than an atomic powered jumping monsters in a bandwagon jumping contest.

Swanky. That was brilliant. I actually laughed out loud for about thirty seconds.

Seriously.

sbo

RogueGambitdare
Even though Spidey's costume prevents skin to skin contact, Rogue could rip it. They both are super strong, but Rogue has an edge because she can fly. I say she totally destroys Spidey.

stormfront13
no swanky i was considering all that they coulkd do. i said they both stood a chance. and in the doom thread i lied about storm cause AC is an ass and went to every thread i was at calling me stupid and that my opinions don't count and other BS. yes, he would go there post that then leave and not post again. and if we both posted in the thread for a while in every post he would usually say something about me so i got sick of it and told him that i think storm would lose but i didn't really. when i type something it isn't set in stone i can still have my own opinions. most of the time i just agree with people other than say what i really think to avoid confrontation, and i really suck at debating. and in the storm VS spiderman thread i NEVER SAID STORM WOULD LOSE. if your so damn confident then why don't you go read it again. and i don't want to be smug. i was saying that the thought of a pebble maing it throgh 300 or faster mph winds and knocing saomeone out when they are near the clouds made me laugh.

Swanky-Tuna
Being stronger and more durable doesn't seem to help that much when fighting Spidey. And the speed/reflexes/agility is debatable.
in the doom thread i lied about storm cause AC is an ass
Weak. Sauce.

stormfront13
what do you mean by weak sauce. seriously though you don't know me, you can't read my mind how would you know what i was or was not doing.

Swanky-Tuna
what do you mean by weak sauce. seriously though you don't know me, you can't read my mind how would you know what i was or was not doing.
Weak sauce as in your excuse was weak. I don't know what you're thinking, though it would answer a lot of questions for me, but I know a lame excuse when I see one.

stormfront13
it wasn't an excuse. it might have been lame but its the truth. seriously do you know me?? do you know why i do the thing s i do?? excatley you don't so don't make assumpptions about something you have no education on

Swanky-Tuna
You're not that hard to read.

On a lighter note, we've tainted this topic enough.

stormfront13
i was lying. you don't know me what don't you understand about that?? i was lying cause AC was being as ass to me. i lied. yeah it might have been lame but still i didn't want him saying sh*t about me. is it really that hard to understand? no its not. and yoou brought the topic up so..

Swanky-Tuna
If you say so, guy...

stormfront13
about what??

radioboy121
There is a no reason to submit to another's reasoning if you don't wholeheartedly believe the opposing argument. But really, this is getting off topic anyway and I don't think anyone cares on what's passed in this regard.

This topic has already been done. Rogue can absorbed Spiderman's abilities (his costume is very thin that permits him to cling to surfaces without interference), but despite her speed, she doesn't always display fancy flight manueverability as say Storm of Human Torch. I am leaning towards Spiderman.

stormfront13
idk i'm leaning more twords rogue. she can use almost anything as a weapon and is a great fighter, and has a battle sence or danger whatever you wanna call it. yeah it isnt as good as spideys but it will help a little. she does have the advantage in the strength department though. idk his costume won't be that hard to tear. if i were rogue i would tear my own costume so that i would be wearing a bikini type thing then try to tear his so that it would be hard to pshyically beat me seeing as he runs a great risk of making skin-to-skin contact. but thats what i woulkd do and i dopubt she would do that.

derrick24
im sorry to hurt a lot of spiderman fans feelings in here but he aint beating no rogue. Rogue has to much going for herself. Why do people say that spiderman can avoid everybody attacks when he gets hit by every enemy he faces, including a 80 yr old man in a vulture suit. Rogue is invulnerable, has superstrength, very fast reflex, and power of flight. Im not even going to add the fact that she has the absorbing power. Rogue will own spiderman, no matter how u put it. Spiderman would be a good fight but rogue would just see him as another session in the danger room. The lady trains everyday to boost her powers, spiderman isnt winning this fight. Rogue has the speed to fly at spiderman with great ease and grabbing him, in her stats it says that she can fly up to 500 to a 1000 mph, she is grabbing him. WILL SPIDERMAN FANS GET IT THRU THERE HEAD, SPIDERMAN IS FAST BUT HE AINT THE FLASH, THE GUY GETS HIT BY ALL OFF HIS ENEMIES. Please stop bringing up secret wars, that was during the time they were making a name for him, which it did work. Bring up something that he done recently, like knocking out titania or defeating the x-men, you cant because he has been toined down a lot. Spiderman was great back then, back in them times he would own rogue but now he aint nothing, these days he has a hard time taking kraven down. All of his enemies are humans, who just experimented on themselves, theyre just enhanced humans, weaklings. The only people that spiderman enemies fight is him because they would get owned by other heros because theyre not experienced enough. Spiderman loses, sorry.

Swanky-Tuna
If he can dodge electricity he can dodge Rogue.

derrick24
spiderman also dodge the 80 yr old vulture to huh.

derrick24
in marvel knights #13 he also dodged wolverine claws from stabbing him in the chest, huh.

derrick24
when he was fighting hulk, he also stopped hulk from grabbing his heading and stopped him from squezzing it, while he was saying im blacking out and also thought that he was going to die huh.

derrick24
when he fought tombstone he also stop tombstone from continuously punching him in the face, almost koeing him, no.

derrick24
when he fought venom and was fearing for his life because venom was beating the crap out of him, he dodged him then to hugh, nope.

derrick24
he also stop doc ock from knocking him out with his tenticle, when they fought huh, nope.

Swanky-Tuna
Spiderman would of dodged posting six times in a row, Spammor.

Of course he gets hit from time to time but: Wolverine's pretty fast but he's got fanpower backing him up, Hulk is incredibly fast as he has caught people who can jet around at lightspeeds, Tombstone has powerful quick reflexes, Venom bypasses his Spidersense and is also mighty fast, and Doc Ock's tentacles have always been a problem because they're faster than Spidey and there's 4 of them.

derrick24
thats what im trying to prove to you, rogue can and will win this fight. Spiderman will be a formidable fight but rogue power would overcome him.

derrick24
And with the wolverine fan base, spiderman is just as popular, wolverine can beat spiderman due to him being a tactical fighter, whereas spiderman depends to much on his spidersense.

Swanky-Tuna
I don't see spiderman surviving nukes or carving out Hulk for illogical reasons.

derrick24
i see spiderman fighting firelord.

derrick24
when if u actually look at spiderman enemies, all of them are just humans with a base power.

derrick24
wolverine and hulk, theyre almost the same. The only difference is that hulk has super strength but wolverine makes that up in speed and fighting ability

Swanky-Tuna
Fighting them is one thing. Yeah, that was crap but Wolverine is like a whole 'nother beast.

In the beginning he gets KO'd by Juggernaut in one hit, later down the line he's taking multiple blows from Namor and not budging. Getting hit hard enough to break stone and not taking any skin damage. Taking shots from Hulk.

Wolverine can't even hurt Wolverine 'cause he ate his own body to survive in a glacier.

Originally posted by derrick24
wolverine and hulk, theyre almost the same. The only difference is that hulk has super strength but wolverine makes that up in speed and fighting ability
Wolverine manages to cut Hulk but when a machine with an adamantium needle tries to draw Hulk's blood, it breaks off.

And you know there's an edit button right?

derrick24
theyre both killers, who is basically unstoppable when it comes to rage and taking punishment

derrick24
apocalypse gave wolverine an upgrade in his healing factor. But the nuke thing that was to much. Him fighting hulk, it seems accurate to me, since his 1st appearance was in hulk and he was made to fight the hulk. After the fight with the hulk, then thats when they threw him on the x-men. But his powers was based off fighting the hulk and taking punishment from the hulk. Him getting koed by the juggernaut i truly understand that since juggernaut is a mistical being and dont forget juggernaut also koed hulk, with a couple of punches.

derrick24
thank you for telling me about the edit button, i didnt see it, wasnt paying attention.

Swanky-Tuna
Juggernaut's smack was very much physical. Any magical attacks he had were very short lived.

And I don't even think Wolverine had powers in his first appearance. He was a Cat-man with gloves with adamantium claws on them. It wasn't until he was on the X-men that all that stuff kicked in.

who?-kid
when if u actually look at spiderman enemies, all of them are just humans with a base power.
confused

(He's trying to make a point, I can feel it, but what point ?)

derrick24
my point who kid is that spiderman has weak enemies, except venom and carnage. He only fights humans with no skill that happens to run across a machine or extra power. Doc ock, can be shot to death, stabbed, drowned. Vulture, just an old man in a suit. Rhino is pretty good. Lizard a scientist who experiment goes wrong. None of his enemies has any kind of experience, except vulture whos been around for 80 yrs. Spiderman needs to stick to fighting the enhanced humans.

derrick24
youre right swanky he didnt have any powers at the beginning but he was still handling hulk, now he has a healing factor including adamantium bones, why wouldnt he be able to handle the hulk now and due to his healing factor and adamantium why would he be able to jump right back up when hulk punches him.
Back to the fight rogue wins due to knock out and spiderman suffering from fatigue.

brainchild81
i see spiderman fighting firelord. A long time ago you saw it.

Darth Trinew
he hurls things at rogue until she's tired

Swanky-Tuna
my point who kid is that spiderman has weak enemies, except venom and carnage. He only fights humans with no skill that happens to run across a machine or extra power. Doc ock, can be shot to death, stabbed, drowned. Vulture, just an old man in a suit. Rhino is pretty good. Lizard a scientist who experiment goes wrong. None of his enemies has any kind of experience, except vulture whos been around for 80 yrs. Spiderman needs to stick to fighting the enhanced humans.
What about Titania? She is around Rogue's Ms. Marvel strength/durability or higher and Spidey beats the crap out of her.

GalacticStorm
"What about Titania? She is around Rogue's Ms. Marvel strength/durability or higher and Spidey beats the crap out of her."

Swanky we have already gone through this. I wasnt going to rejoin this debate until i saw a couple of people repeating the same tired old points which got countered about a month ago.

Theres a big difference between rogue and the titania at the point spidey beat her:

1) Titania had had her powers for a few hours, so she was extremely inexperienced and ill-prepared for such a match up

2) before she was a a wimp who was continually bullied througout her life and she developed insecurity and social issues and an unstable temperament meaning that a smart enough opponent could goad her into losing it quite easily and fighting wrecklessly as has been quite apparent in virtually all her appearances

3)Titania was actually stronger than rogue shes around she hulks original level, however she lacks either she hulk or rogues agility and manoeuvrability. Plus the big factor is she is ground based so she aint reaching spidey 4 sh*t if he doesnt want her to.

a) Rogue has had years upon years of training and experience in the use of her powers both on the battlefield and in the danger room. She has also been heavily tutored in various martial arts. Although nightcrawlers speed and agility arent quite as gd as spideys his teleportation ability closes the gap and makes him highly evasive rogue has experience in facing off against the likes of him, beast and toad plus she has fought alongside spiderman and is well aware of the extent of his agility. and Spidey taking out titania doesnt support your argument in the slightest. She was a useless fighter.

b) Rogue is a highly trained fighter and is mentally stable. Spidey would not be able to goad her into being wreckless like he does with virtually all of his opponents he beats, who all just happen to be dumb, big brawlers with no skills and social issues. Rogue is very focused and knows of those spidey tactics. She is level headed which is the reason she briefly became Xmen leader.

c) Rogue is alot more manouevrable than the similarly super strength foes spidey has faced. She can fly in excess of the speed of sound she will be able to reach spidey. She can traverse distances a lot quicker than he can. He might be able to dodge around a lot of the time but when you factor in Rogues 'seventh sense' her ability to anticipate an enemies actions, plus her speed, she will catch him eventually and when she does just think about her super strength, her martial arts capabilities and her absorption powers. Spidey gets taken down. It would be a good fight and it would be a long fight. Not because he is as powerful as her but because he would be running for his life throughout. She would catch him in the end and lay him to rest.

who?-kid
You have good points, but so do I lol big grin . You can read them here below:

1. Spider-Man is more experienced than Rogue. Hm, make that LOTS more experienced. He's also lots smarter.

2. Spider-Man's reflexes, agility and spidersense will make that Rogue can not lay a finger on him - only when written right of course.

3. Spider-Man on the other hand will have no problem whatsoever hitting Rogue. He won't hold back, and she WILL feel it ! He definitely has the strength to knock her lights out.

4. Spider-Man faces more dangerous enemies than Rogue almost on daily basis (okay I am exaggerating but you get the idea).

5. The web alone will give Rogue something she just can't handle.

Swanky-Tuna
Theres a big difference between rogue and the titania at the point spidey beat her
But she still had the durability and Spiderman still hurt her?

GalacticStorm
"But she still had the durability and Spiderman still hurt her?"

Of course rogue would feel the affects of a constant pounding over and over. Just like titania did. Just like a little 4yr old kid can hurt an adult especially if the strike comes outta the blue. But rogue isnt going to let spiderman just constantly pound her.

He could do that to titania because she was a rubbish fighter who had her powers a few hours and she was ground based so he jump circles around her and use his speed to avoid her clumsy blows while belting her from all angles.

Rogue being airborne completely nullifies that tactic. Spidey can not fly he will not be able to jump around hitting from all angles while she is airborne.

". Spider-Man's reflexes, agility and spidersense will make that Rogue can not lay a finger on him - only when written right of course."

Rogues reflexes are incredible she is certainly no slouch in that area. As has been stated she has caught bullets out of the air and thrown them back while fighting the neo. Those type of reflexes coupled with her 7th sense mean she will not get constantly pounded on by spidey and also mean she could set up traps for him.

Just as a rough example she could throw a projectile at him and anticipate where hes going to leap out of the way to.

"He definitely has the strength to knock her lights out."

Not with a single blow. Extrememly unlikely. After a constant pounding. But rogue isnt going to stand there and take that. Spidey was all over titania because she didnt hav any fighting skills and she couldnt get out of his reach or even take the fight to him. Rogue can do both.

Draco69
I say Rogue.

And comparing Titania to Rogue is like comparing cassette player to an Ipod.

GalacticStorm
Also one strong blow from rogue and spidey is out. U might say "oh spideys taken blows from blah blah blah" who are mmuch stronger than blah blah blah. However in those cases they didnt make full on contact because they were slow (mentally and physically) big brawlers. Rogue has the speed and the reflexes to connect. And when she does its over for spidey. Spidey on the other hand needs to pound away at her to win. He can only effectively do a so called speed blitz on her while shes on the ground and thats not debatable. Rogue can get out of such a situation by getting airborne which is how she usually fights anyway and also through her martial arts training.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>