You know your a SW nerd when...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
just today i was out at the mall, i saw the new toy lightsabers, i coulent resist buying the Obi-wan saber...lol

the money i had was SUPPOSED to be for food, to live. but rather I bought a lightsaber toy! haha!

so lets say this can be the "What Crazy stuff related to SW have you done because of the upcoming relese of Eps. III thread"

lol...i KNOW some of you have done weird things, so lets nerd it up!

Knowone
LOL

ture

LanİeWindu™
I bought a Star Wars Episode III figure when I didn't have enough money in the bank. So I paid $6.99 (I was poor at that moment laughing out loud ) for the figure, then had to pay a $30 fee for the overdraft fee. That was one hell of an expensive figure. wink

sith_darth_jay
LOL

just like the matrix thread, hey anomaly? wink

((The_Anomaly))
lol, what did i do in the matrix threads?

TheForceSupreme
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))

the money i had was SUPPOSED to be for food, to live. but rather I bought a lightsaber toy! haha!

So how did the lightsaber taste?? laughing

lil bitchiness
I can safely say i am not one of you happynerd

sith_darth_jay
lol, what did i do in the matrix threads?

no I meant the thread itself, not what you do...or did big grin

anyways it'll be funny to hear what people do for starwars

the craziest thing i remember (rite know) was staying awake just to watch a Star Wars marathon for 15 hours (the OT, TPM and 3 Doucmentaries)

....will think about something else later

Morning_Glory
I have a pink princess leia shirt that I have worn to all the Star Wars prequels....

and I wore it to the Return of the Jedi -- i was about 6 --the shirt was really baggy back then-- the shirt fits snuggly now- been a little stretched ...

o well... it's still a cool shirt

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by lil bitchiness

Actually, I've always considered denial to be the first sign.

lucasfilm
i had to break up with one of my girlfriends because she just couldnt get hold of the idea that nothing she can say or do can change my love for starwars. now, i dont watch the movies like all the time.. not even like once a month or anyhting but she just couldnt take it (when she would be looking for a sweat shirt of mine to wear, and finding boxes and boxes of figures instead. the final straw was when at one point, i came home and i had forgotten the groceries because i had spotted some exclusive action figs at wal*mart. i got most of the stuf she wanted, but i guess i missed the most important thing, birth control)

Morning_Glory
o please... roll eyes (sarcastic)

cheese.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Morning_Glory
I have a pink princess leia shirt that I have worn to all the Star Wars prequels....

and I wore it to the Return of the Jedi -- i was about 6 --the shirt was really baggy back then-- the shirt fits snuggly now- been a little stretched ...

o well... it's still a cool shirt

Are you a guy or a girl? I saw a guy with a rainbow belt today, and he's waited on me before, and I never thought he was gay, but this was a bit out there for a straight guy.

LanİeWindu™

Join us Milla

We have cookies happy

Morning_Glory
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Are you a guy or a girl? I saw a guy with a rainbow belt today, and he's waited on me before, and I never thought he was gay, but this was a bit out there for a straight guy.

Im a girl...why does everyone think Im a guy ...

I mean I have a Colin Farrell signature and avatar! tsk!

LanİeWindu™

Because...a Morning Glory...is a boner

Morning_Glory
yea but that is a Brit saying isnt it?

plus a Morning Glory is also a flower - and one of the Oasis songs erm

Imaginary
I knew that... and yes, I'm female.

Hmm... was it a different Milla who waited outside for half an hour to meet George Lucas and John Williams and get their autographs? stick out tongue

Morning_Glory
confused

LanİeWindu™
yea but that is a Brit saying isnt it?

plus a Morning Glory is also a flower - and one of the Oasis songs erm

Well, I'm American, we use Morning Glory over here. stick out tongue

((The_Anomaly))
well, i have yet to eat it, but my friends thought it was pretty funny...me running around with my obi-wan saber, then them asking "where did u get the money for that" then me saying "well i pretty much opted out of like 3 meals to get it"

lol!...muhaahha! i love it tho, im holding it now... stick out tongue

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by Imaginary
I knew that... and yes, I'm female.

Hmm... was it a different Milla who waited outside for half an hour to meet George Lucas and John Williams and get their autographs? stick out tongue Actually I waited way longer than that - quite a few hours, maybe more. embarrasment Froze my ass off embarrasment

LanİeWindu™
Actually I waited way longer than that - quite a few hours, maybe more. embarrasment Froze my ass off embarrasment

Kneel down my friend.

* Pulls out lightsaber and hovers it above each of Milla's shoulders *

I hereby name thee a Nerd.

Red Superfly
Wow, I thought I was a Star Wars nerd until I've read about these action figures and whatnot, and sacrificing food for them.

The last time I bought any Star Wars merchandise was a poster (the reprint of the original ANH movie poster - with the iconic Luke Skywalker holding a white lightsaber and the picture of Leia that looks like a cross between Leia and Padme - very sexy).

Knowing every line of the Star Wars movies doesn't cut it anymore. Too many people know the lines by now, as its arguably the greatest piece of filmmaking ever made, so knowing all the lines isn't really nerdy anymore.

I guess I'm a nerd for Star Wars cos when I'm talking to a girl, the things I tick off in my head that she's worth botherring with are:

1) She's friendly, passionate about things like I am. Rock and roll etc.
2) Looks like she looks after herself (not that strict - nice arse helps tho)
3) Doesn't think Star Wars is just a stupid kids thing.

Anyone that doesn't like Star Wars is a weak minded fool. Sorry.

lil bitchiness

LanİeWindu™
Hey, at least I got to speak to George Lucas...and yeah, i acted like the biggest NERD on this planet - but then again, hes used to it.

I met Pablo too....and he is the epitome, the definition, the one and only the absolute and true meaning of....nerd.

I envy thee.

Morning_Glory
i have all the princess leia figures... erm cant be bothered with collecting them all.. i would be broke

Knowone

((The_Anomaly))
Heres a pic of me and my new lightsaber! (Hey i Opted out of eating cause of this thing, i gotta do somehting with it other then run around and annoy people..lol)

muahahahha! cool

((The_Anomaly))
ohh and i have headphones on cause im listing to the Eps III soundtrack!

NERDTASTIC!!! yes

Red Superfly
Heres a pic of me and my new lightsaber! (Hey i Opted out of eating cause of this thing, i gotta do somehting with it other then run around and annoy people..lol)

muahahahha! cool

Dude, I can't believe you're doing a bad ass face with a plastic light saber.

We need to see this evil persona take a journey. Go kill some pensioners using just that toy lightsaber, for instance. Or go on an Anakin-Ep-III inspired rampage around an orphanage.

Those aren't tattered gowns, they are Jedi robes! Kill all younglings!

Imaginary
Nice pic, Anomaly laughing out loud

Milla, if you're at TRA you're automatically a nerd wink

Lana
I'm planning on making Barriss Offee's costume to wear to the ROTS premiere. For which I already have tickets to the 12:01 showing. In the big theater in downtown Chicago.

Yeah, I'm a bit nerdy wink

Imaginary
A BIT, Lana? hysterical

Lana
big grin

I am DAMN proud of my nerdiness!!!

LanİeWindu™
I wear my nerdiness on my sleeve...literally.

((The_Anomaly))
thats a killer! haha! u beat my nerdiness!

lol, obviously im not being serious! stick out tongue

it was for effect....

Red Superfly
Wow, that's a cool tattoo dude.

It's the kind of tattoo only fellow Star Wars fans would pick up on too, so you can wear it with pride, in public, and not have the sh*t kicked out of you, anyone that does pick up on it will either congratulate you, or challenge you do a duel with bagguetes.

en guarde!

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Wow, that's a cool tattoo dude.

It's the kind of tattoo only fellow Star Wars fans would pick up on too, so you can wear it with pride, in public, and not have the sh*t kicked out of you, anyone that does pick up on it will either congratulate you, or challenge you do a duel with bagguetes.

en guarde!

Yeah, I noticed...most people think it's just a tribal sun or a gang symbol. Idiots.

The ones that do know what it is, love it. They are true nerds.

Hell, the General Manager where I work, who is about 60 years old, has a lightsaber and "May The Force Be With You" tattooed on his forearm.

Red Superfly
lol

When people say "what is that supposed to be on your arm?" to you, don't say anything back.

Just reply with a swift backhand.

LanİeWindu™
lol

When people say "what is that supposed to be on your arm?" to you, don't say anything back.

Just reply with a swift backhand.

All the people at my work now what it is now...they call me Star Wars boy because I am always talking about ROTS.

If any of them dis Star Wars they will receive my size 13's up their bungholes.

Lana
Lance, your tattoo is awesome.

I'm known as "Star Wars Chick" at my school laughing

Red Superfly
I defend Star Wars like crazy too.

I used to have a colleage who stupidly only liked Star Wars because she loved the ickle Ewoks. I was going to let rip in comin-book-guy style, but then I realised "it's a start I guess. A piddling, crappy start, but a start nontheless".

I lose a lot of respect for those who say "Star Wars is crap" when they haven't even seen the movies. That really rubs me the wrong way.

Ignorance annoys me anyway, but when it's about Star Wars, it's PERSONAL.

I'm also the guy who everyone comes to about Star Wars stuff. The fact that I win every arguement I ever start or get dragged into reinforces the fact that Star Wars rocks, and always will rock. Start an anti-Star Wars tirade with me, and I'll make your cry.

maddani
you know youre a starwars nerd when you sons name is anakin big grin

Red Superfly
lol I remember when someone who's last name was Walker, called their son Luke Sky as a tribute to their fave film.

maddani
you know you a starwars nerd when you on this site every day

((The_Anomaly))
hey! i like the same anakin actually...lol, id name my son anakin :P

macgeek2005
I defend Star Wars like crazy too.

I used to have a colleage who stupidly only liked Star Wars because she loved the ickle Ewoks. I was going to let rip in comin-book-guy style, but then I realised "it's a start I guess. A piddling, crappy start, but a start nontheless".

I lose a lot of respect for those who say "Star Wars is crap" when they haven't even seen the movies. That really rubs me the wrong way.

Ignorance annoys me anyway, but when it's about Star Wars, it's PERSONAL.

I'm also the guy who everyone comes to about Star Wars stuff. The fact that I win every arguement I ever start or get dragged into reinforces the fact that Star Wars rocks, and always will rock. Start an anti-Star Wars tirade with me, and I'll make your cry.

Yes.. i know how you feel. Yesterday, my grandma's boyfriend said "Star Wars moves too fast, and all the Episode's are the same. People fly in those flying machines to some place, fight, and then go back"

Today I find out that he hasn't seen any star wars films.

((The_Anomaly))
its a more normal name, you could get away with it...lol

better then naming ur kid yoda or mace

hahahaha

LanİeWindu™
lol I remember when someone who's last name was Walker, called their son Luke Sky as a tribute to their fave film.

That is kick ass!

If I had a son I want to name him Lucas, or I even thought of Hayden or Anakin.

Anyways, this is drifting out of Episode 3 to encompass all of Star Wars, time for a move.

((The_Anomaly))
heres a picture of my current lightsabers... cool

LanİeWindu™
I only have a cheap Darth Maul saber.

I want to get a Master Replica Vader saber, but they cost WAY too much money.

((The_Anomaly))
yea id like to get one too...but same problem for me...haha

*refer to buying this new saber and not eating part* lol

Imaginary
Me and a couple of my friends are called "the Star Wars people" by a bunch of idiots who watch crap like A Cinderella Story.

LanİeWindu™
BTW people, when I get the rest of my arm done in Star Wars tattoo's I'll some high quality pictures.

I'm getting a half sleeve of Imperial/Dark Side stuff done to go with my Imperial Insignia.

Morning_Glory
thats so cool! will you marry me happy in_love

LanİeWindu™
Congrats, you're the 4th person in the last week who wanted to marry me. happy

LandoSpeeder2

Mist
heres a picture of my current lightsabers... cool

cool indeed.
i have quigon's, anakin's, darth maul's and a home made one embarrasment
i want dooku's, but too expensive...

atila the great
you know you are a star wars nerd when you make a star wars hater make chewie sounds. the bastard is 6" tall and he prefers a "good" van damme film to any star wars film, me and another friend force him to make chewie noises (we showed him a clip) all the time, and now everybody in my class calls him chewie (his former nickname was mongo the giant cookie from shrek two)

Capt_Fantastic

Sorry, it's just your balls are so big....

Just kidding. And Colin Farrell never entered my mind. I've gotten to teh point where I don't even look at the pictures in anyones sig.

Jedi_KnightAlly
Hey, I'm the same, I bought a lightsaber too lol, really couldn't resist it for only a tenner lol. Here's a pic.

LanİeWindu™
Tell me how nerdy this is...

I work at a lake and I am hoping to get a jet ski for fun...I want to give it a custom paint job so it's unique. I want it to be a dull gray with some rivets painted onto it, then on one side or on the "hood" I am going to have a black Imperial Insignia.

Jedi_KnightAlly
Lana, Who is Barriss Offee?

Nice choice for the jet ski.

I really want a mini millenlium falcon for my desk lol.

LanİeWindu™
Originally posted by Jedi_KnightAlly
Lana, Who is Barriss Offee?

Nice choice for the jet ski.

I really want a mini millenlium falcon for my desk lol.

Barriss Offee is Luminara Unduli's (spelling) Padawan. There is much more about her in the novel The Approaching Storm, also she is seen for a little bit in Attack of the Clones.

.:Space Opera:.
you know you're a star wars nerd when your girlfriend breaks up with you because she finds a darth vader helmet in your bedroom after you just got done promising her that you werent going to spend any more money on Star Wars merchandise the week before.....sad

atila the great
juts tell her "hey baby i got it so you could feel the force!!"

.:Space Opera:.
...then she'd shoot me.

Fieperskaivu
*Sigh*...the truth comes out...my friend and I did a star wars marathon (OT only) and in between movies we played star wars trivial pursuit and played star wars xbox games.

SithSpy
There are soooo many ppl out there that would hate on all of us for being into SW like this, but the fact is everyone loves it, few can admit it, I spent a hundred bucks on a Master Replica force fx saber, which by the way is awesome the sound reacts to movement and hitting stuff seems very realistic, every non SW fan i showed it to thought it WAS awesome. I excpected to get made fun of, but they loved it, everyone has a part of them that loves starwars for whatever reason.

LOTR-wher am i?
hi, im new, and i just want to ask, has any1 noticed that in star wars 3, anikin has a blue lightsaber, but wen obi 1 takes, it then gives it 2 luke in episode 4, it's green. me so confused :docter:

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by LOTR-wher am i?
hi, im new, and i just want to ask, has any1 noticed that in star wars 3, anikin has a blue lightsaber, but wen obi 1 takes, it then gives it 2 luke in episode 4, it's green. me so confused :docter:

No, the saber in ANH is blue.

One scene on the DVD is messed up where it looks green, but the saber is blue.

Antillies
damn i hate my town.... man we havent even got epIII on THE CINEMA yet and i every day it gets worse more and more ppl sayas its greate but i havent seen it yet.(man this is frustrating smile ) and my internet is to slow so i cant download it embarrasment
This fells a bit nerdy but after being a member of this forum for a while
i realise that how nerdy u are there is always someone worse. i think its different where i live cause here u are a nerd when u like the movies and know the lines.

darth-yoda
im planing a star wars maroton for me and me m8s hole day and night thing any one got ideas im a huge SW fan goin to get into the eu and mercadise soon

LordSorgo
I spent 89 dollars on eleven star wars figures and i bought six boxes of lego packs the day the midnight premiere came out and i brought them there and so many people where looking at them.

Jerico
Every time someone abuses Star Wars or says things like 'Its not real get a life' just remember and think to yourself, these are the same people who have catapulted the crazy frog dance remix to #1 in the British charts.

I'd rather be a geek anyday

chubbychipmunk
i haven't really done anything nerdy exept see the movie like 4 times but i wouldn't have see it that many times if i anakin weren't hot.. which omg! he is! lol go hayden

chubbychipmunk
teehee love

Darth Panzerus
Freshman year I wore a Star Wars t-shirt in Gym. They were picking teams for volleyball and no one knew my name so the guy (I think he was a senior and was twice as tall as me) said, "I pick Star Wars". I knew that I was the only one with a Star Wars shirt so I went in line behind him. I'm a Junior year and people I don't even know in my high school refer to me as Star Wars. Now that's a legacy cool

Master Fisto
my friend and i take our starwars action figures on missions...im kit fisto...he's plo koon...then we have lightsabre fights

Darth Halo
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

Well the glasses kinda add to the nerdiness. I'd say plus 100 points

JaehSkywalker
me and my bro play 'continue the star wars quote' and whenever i braid my hair at school they call me.. 'Jedi...", wherever the braid is located... blink

one time at school all i almost could talk about is star wars and everything that i see is connected to SW, like its following me<my first few months>.. O_O

I stare at pics of SW and have tons of files and pics in my pc related to it...

and i have a cd full of star wars stuff...

is that nerdy enough??

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by LanceWindu

^LOL

For a time, I actually considered getting a tat of the Mandalorian Skull, cuz it not only looks dope as hell but also the Mandalorians are bad-ass. But I just decided that it would be a bit too nerdy.

TheBalance
Knowing every line of the Star Wars movies doesn't cut it anymore. Too many people know the lines by now, as its arguably the greatest piece of filmmaking ever made, so knowing all the lines isn't really nerdy anymore.

I guess I'm a nerd for Star Wars cos when I'm talking to a girl, the things I tick off in my head that she's worth botherring with are:

1) She's friendly, passionate about things like I am. Rock and roll etc.
2) Looks like she looks after herself (not that strict - nice arse helps tho)
3) Doesn't think Star Wars is just a stupid kids thing.

Anyone that doesn't like Star Wars is a weak minded fool. Sorry.

i agree... laughing i agreeeeeeeeeeee! eek!

but nice arse **** and eyes cool Happy Dance big grin

this my most recent gf

Legion_of_Maul
lets see here, i bought four lightsabers and battled with my friend so much i only have me beloved darth maul lightsaber and yoda saber (yuck yoda has a small sword, how does it work?)

oh, and i also have phantom menace and revenge of the sith soundtracks, and i go to the star wars forums on KMC, so i feel i am a nerd...*notices the harsh reality*, *turns around and rejoices*

Scorpiom
Riddle me this... I am trying to get more of a visualization of starcraft in the SW Literature. Been trying to find a pic or drawing of the Aleph class Starfighter and also the Eta 5 that both were recently used in book, Legacy of the Force: Betrayal. Can anyone help?

Legion_of_Maul
google.

Scorpiom
Uhh, yeah did that thanks. And google isnt the answer for everything.

Legion_of_Maul
...it will be ...yes, it will be.

jollyjim311
Well, I do have a whole lightsaber duel choreographed with my cousin. We both still remember it from when before AOTC came out. Every now and then we add onto it...

But hey, don't blame me, it gives me an excuse to "accidentally" whack him in the shins when I know full well he will be overhead blocking. Only when he deserves it, of course...

evil face

Jam-Jul_Lison
1. When you annoy your friends and family by talking about nothing but star wars.

2. when you rp on star wars rps all day rather then go out in the daylight

3. When you post on this thread.

4. When you argue about which star wars character is better then the other.

5. when you day dream that you are in star wars beating the hell out of Anakin.

Darth243
when you and your buddies drive through town going horribly below the speed limit blaring the imperial march. My truck was the death star equivilant compared to the others in town.

TheBalance
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Well, I do have a whole lightsaber duel choreographed with my cousin. We both still remember it from when before AOTC came out. Every now and then we add onto it...

But hey, don't blame me, it gives me an excuse to "accidentally" whack him in the shins when I know full well he will be overhead blocking. Only when he deserves it, of course...

evil face

the best choreography for sword fighting is freelance and you get to hit the other person and they cant get angry
its good fun

i'm actually a swordmaster and a sword choreographer i'll like to see some of ur work if u want to get into the business...

BlaxicanTroller
What type of sword do you use Balance? I've bought three swords, and I am hoping to get a apier soon, followed up by a broadsword.

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth243
when you and your buddies drive through town going horribly below the speed limit blaring the imperial march. My truck was the death star equivilant compared to the others in town.

did you really do that?!!

laughing out loud laughing

JerichoCross
Got a golden retriever named Obi-Wan, but I just refer to him as Obi. Makes me look like less of an idiot if I have to call his name out.

henniestevens
just call him Ben...

TheBalance
Originally posted by BlaxicanTroller
What type of sword do you use Balance? I've bought three swords, and I am hoping to get a apier soon, followed up by a broadsword.
sorry 4 the late reply was in country working again
virtually anything except rapiers or scimitars
i mainly use katanas or plain long swords I'm strong enough to wield a broadsword just it gets to out of hand in one on one, i also use different sorts of staffs.
What swords have u bought and are they actual combat swords or display(420 stainless steel) if they are display and are 420 they break pretty easily so i wouldn't train with them how far are u in ur training if ur a beginner or a novice go here http://www.a2armory.com/practice-swords.html
keep going because it is an art u never fully learn ever and if you need any tips on anything, pm me i'll do anything for someone who refuse to let the history and honer and mastery of one to one sword combat.
WB

talk soon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.