Rocky versus Predator (boxing)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gryn Jabar
Who wins? Assume that rocky has had someone die on him, and did a training montage. The predator doesn't have his crazy guns and stuff.

Kontraz
pred wins. he has above peak human strength, reflexes, speed, and agility. Plus, they fight each other without weapons in a ring all the time wink

Gryn Jabar
Yeah but Rocky has the Eye of the Tiger, the Burning Heart.

Scoobless
but he did a montage AND he's got the eye of the tiger

pred goes down in the seventh round

Superherovandal
Rocky

Kontraz
bah, those movies were pathetic compared to the first... how can you claim either of those songs are better than the rocky theme, "Gonna Fly Now", I mean really.

and even his greatest theme couldnt help him win in the first movie, and a pred is much better than creed, the russion, tommy gunn, or clubber lang!!!

now, if rocky was fighting to the tunes of "the touch" by van halen from the Transformers Movie, the pred wouldnt have a chance in hell wink

grey fox
rocky wins without a doubt because he beat clubber who as we all know is mr t and mr t is near god-like from wearing all of that gold he is so damn strong he can 'beat cancer off three times with his bare fists' so rocky whoops the predator by the second round .

Xplosive
Rocky has God-like durabilty

Kontraz
no no no.. you dont understand... they key to rocky is the MUSIC. If its an awesome song, he wins, if not, he loses. And it cant just be good music, it has to be inspirational! That's why i say, if he's goin in with "the touch" by van halen, he wins!

Metalmanx
Actually, Kontraz, I have to agree with you. The music is the key to Rocky's power. I own "The Transformers Movie", so I completely understand the utter power of that song. It's one of my favorites.

Predator is basically better than any human, I'll give him that. But, you must remember, that's his peak strength. He won't get any stronger.

Rocky on the other hand, when a song like "Eye of the Tiger" or that one trumpet song that played when he ran up the steps, or even "The Touch" is played somewhere where the viewers can hear it, Rocky gains a god-like power. With any of those songs playing in the background, Rocky can take on anyone and defeat them.

This is of course after a plethora of rounds. Preferably the 15th round. That would be dramatic. But Rocky would win. He'd be all bloodied and cut up, but he'd win.

ADRIAN!

jplatinum
Predator is better than lang and the russian?
Lang was a human bent on destroying every opponent.
He was skilled and vicious and probably hit as hard as young Mike Tyson,the one who Ko.'ed opponents bigger than him in 1 sometimes 2 punches.
Thr Russian,Ivan Drago, was like a inhanced human, He could fight good on a professional boxing level(something that your ordinary joe schmoe off the street can't do). He had a 3,000+ plus psi when they fought at the end. He could throw those vicious 1 1/5 ton punches repleatedly too. He would have decimated any predator in hand to hand combat and he was almost as tall as a predator too. He lifted 800+ pounds over his head. his punch knocked aa 200+ pound Rocky 10 or 12 feets across the ring.
He would beat predator down.
Rocky shattered Ivan Drago. Rocky is about peak human or close to it.
But his will is superhuman cause he won't give up and he is durable as hell and no amount of punishment will keep him down.
He is also a world class boxer with more than 1000+ psi punches, he can fight very well, too.
He fought wars in the ring and out of the ring against opponents bigger and physically stronger than him just like ALi, he had a superhuman chin. Rocky picked up a 7 foot tall(smae height as predator) 400 pound Thunderlips in "Rocky3" and threw him out of the ring with brute strength. He can whoop predator with after a long fight, just the way Rocky likes it.

DigiMark007
So, properly serenaded, Hulk and He-Man would go down to Rocky?? LOL. They both pass out in the 15th round.

-DM

jplatinum
Hey DM,
I didn't say all that, now.
I'm talking about opponents less than spiderman level strength.
Rocky would probably run from Hulk or He-Man if he knew what was good for him.

Scoobless
"He is like a piece of iron"..... remember pred will get points off for any cheating such as using blades, plasma caster or hitting below the belt or on the back of the head..... plus you aren't allowed masks in boxing so he'd have real trouble with the air and his vision would be impaired..... he may not last 4 rounds

Gryn Jabar
The real question now is whether or not Rocky's little speech at the end will end war or world hunger.

jplatinum
"Where's my sammich?"
laughing

Can't help myself, man.

Kontraz
Originally posted by Scoobless
"He is like a piece of iron"..... remember pred will get points off for any cheating such as using blades, plasma caster or hitting below the belt or on the back of the head..... plus you aren't allowed masks in boxing so he'd have real trouble with the air and his vision would be impaired..... he may not last 4 rounds

nah, preds are used to fighting in rings, wearing nothing but loin cloths, and going by strict rules... its part of their culture. Its what they do for "fun" and to settle arguements with other preds.

and you claim the russian or lang were better than a pred? Okay, the russian MIGHT be better than dutch... but mr T doesnt stand a chance against mr universe (arnold) right? And arnold puched the pred right in the face... what did it do? Made the pred snicker before he continued with his own onslaught. He was hit across the side of the face with a log.... the log broke... didnt effect the pred. ANd lets not go into the comics.... where preds have been able to live through getting shot in the face... Or blown up multiple times..

really, unless rocky gets some really good music (the rocky "theme" with the trumpets and stuff is called "Gonna Fly Now", by the way, whoever asked....) Rocky loses. And it can't just be any good music either... must be highly inspirational...

jplatinum
What?
Mr. T. is as big as arnold probably as strong.
And faster, better reflexes, and can fight way better
He also has way more power in a punch than arnold has in two or three punches.
Arnold was a bodybuilder. Thats it. that was what he trained for, dude.
To be muscular/cut/huge. he might have a little strength cause I've seen him lift some stuff and bench 350 pounds for 5 or 6 reps.
Mr. T. was a bodybuilder too and just as big and strong, but he also, really did do fighting and he is as good as Lang(who he portrayed) He would have hit predator in the face at full force, predator would have felt it for sho'. Arnold can lift a thousand pounds, so what?
Power comes from strength, speed, proper punch technique, and being able to get your bodyweight in your punches, not just strength alone.
strength alone is all arnold has so his punches didn't do sh#t to predator..

(I've seen Mr. T. throw some quick punches so I know he has some hand speed, Arnold has never ever displayed quick handspeed ever.)

Oh..and Kontraz... Speed kills, man.

Kontraz
Mr T would still fall to arnold.... if they were both at their primes... no question at all.

oh and, yeah, sure speed kills.... good thing preds have beyond peak human strength, speed, agility, and reflexes wink

srankmissingnin
Like Rocky needs any more brain damage... he takes 5 maybe 6 hits before dropping.

Kontraz
well, yeah, it also depends on if its pre rocky IV or post... because the russian beat him so bad that he had irreversable brain damage... almost forgot about that.... thats why he couldnt fight anymore....

Gryn Jabar
Pre ROCKY IV. Assume he's in prime shape (Rocky III as per video game cannon), but with the heart of Rocky IV. In other words, turbo Rocky.

Kontraz
lol, if he has "the touch", he wins

Arsenal
Rocky would let the Predator beat him until he was near death and could see the light. When Rocky's soul is about to leave his body because of a combination of large amounts of blood loss and brain damage, he'd notice that the Predator is really tired and knock him out.

Swanky-Tuna
Rocky has heart and the pred doesn't. So guess who wins.

Arsenal
I still think Rocky would have a near death experience before he decides to go on the offensive.

Kontraz
or better yet... this time... rocky dies! And now his son, who is, what, in his 20s or 30s now... comes back and beats the shit out of the pred!!!

jplatinum
Rocky goes the distance and wins.
While he is giving a long-winded speech predator activates his self destruct.
"Yo' adriannnnnnnnn..."
"BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!"
They both blow up.

jplatinum
Rocky goes the distance and wins.
While he is giving a long-winded speech predator activates his self destruct.
"Yo' adriannnnnnnnn..."
"BOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!"
They both blow up.

"Now where's my sammich!?!"
"Slap"
"I'm Rick James! its a celebration!"

Metalmanx
Actually, I'm going to have to agree with you jplat.

Rocky will win the fight, no arguments there. "The Touch" will just pump him up to something the Predator has never seen before.

But while Rocky is revelling in his glorly, no one will notice the Predator reach to his wrist, type in a small code, then watch as small alien characters count down, only to reach zero. Then the entire arena/stadium/city goes boom.

But...in the end...Rocky still wins.

Kontraz
OMFG!!!! How could i have gotten this wrong?!? WHY did i say the touch was by van halen?!?!? Its by stan bush... BIG DIFFERENCE. I'm going to go cry in disappointment of myself now...

CRAZYJOEDAVOLA
I say Rocky wins this fight. i mean, he's got heart, an the predator dont. the pred fights for fun, but rocky does it for respect. he can triumph over any one if he wants to enough. he just needs to be inspired by paulie or adrian (micky and apollo too, if they weren't dead, which makes it even more personal if the pred killed someone close to him). Even so, have you see his chicken catching skills? is that impressive or what?

Cosmo Kramer
Oh I agree. Besides if Arnold can do it he can. And you have to remember The Predator killed Floyd Mayweather the guy who plays Appollo Creed so he will do the same thing he did to Drago to the Predator and then we got a ball game!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.