Namor vs collosus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

life is cruell
who wins

snoopdogg
Namor is tough but Colossus will knock his @ss out I think. The longer the fight goes the weaker Namor gets and this is not gonna cut it against Colossus.

Scoobless
Namor has WAY more aggression than Colossus and could fly circles around him....... if he starts to weaken he only needs to fly to some water then return

Seaman wins it...... lol

snoopdogg
Way more aggression than Colossus? If I remember right Colossus has killed at least two guys that f*cked with him. Proteus and Riptide are six feet under cause of Colossus.

ScarletSpider
And Namor has declared war on the entire surface world, just because it was Sunday morning, and his royal coffee wasn't delivered to him promptly enough.

wannabe

K3VIL
Colossus is a low rank Class 100, he can lift weights between 150 and 200 tons, while Namor is Class 85/90 when he's not in water.
Now consider that Namor has:
Far more experience.
Is an expert aerial combatant.
He has stayed fist to fist with Hulk.
He was able to hit with his superstrenght Chaos, one of the beings that when are merged into one are the In-Betweener, and make him feeling his punch.
He can trick Colossus with his flight abilities, throw things at him, an hit him while Colossus is forced to avoid the huge objects Namor can throw at him, also considering Colossus doesn't need to breath, Namor can force him to follow him into the sea, and if it happens, considering that Namor has beaten Hulk underwater he can mop the floor of the sea with Peter.

wannabe
OK, OK, OK!!!
You are right! Just hoped no one would mention, what you obviously found out.
Arguement > Opinion >Wish sad sigh

hellgrammite00
colossus can lift right around the 100 ton bench mark, every day people seem to give him greater strength, i mean 200 tons is crazy. Colossus should be just below abomination in strength level.

ScarletSpider
Namor beat the Hulk, because lately, Namor has started to think. He knows he's a great combatant, but he also knows he's ten times better underwater. He got the Hulk underwater and it was over.

Namor's also full fledged 100 class now. His strength doesn't wane as fast either because he's figured out that he needs to spend equal time on surface and in water, and it's given his body chemical equilibrium. Too much time in either is what used to give him his mad fits of PMS.

Namor also has wildly inconsistent powers. He always has the strength, agility and flight, but under-sea communication, electrical, and I think, maybe a little bit of natural camoflauge, but I'm having a ***** of a time proving or disproving that one.

juggernaut74
So are you saying Colossus is gonna let him take a timeout and go take a swim and then come back to fight?

BENITO
near water Namor.

life is cruell
yeah what makes you all so sure that colossus will follow him underwater i mean did because hes hulk

Scoobless
there's water almost everywhere...... doesn't he get a buzz from throwing tap water on his face?

hellgrammite00
can namor have a camel pack? if so i give it to namor

Wynndar
why would we assume they cant fight in water...why would we assume the fight would take place in a "pro-Colossus" environment. And he's not saying that Namaor has to go into water durign the fight to be class 100...by keeping equalibrium he means that for everyday he spends on land he should also spend a day in water.

Namor is a really essential Marvel character with a ton of experience...dont forget he is older than Captain America. Also, Namor is the kind of threat that has frequently taken on entire teams...he did fight the X-men back in the day. And he's too versatile for most "strong guys" to handle on their own. His fighting skills r waaaay up there too. Colossus may have a strength advantage...but its not much...Colossus strength increase was a proportionate increase of a young man to adult, his strength was not quadrupled as his fan boys would like to insist. Colossus is probably just slightly stronger than Namor.

Scoobless
does anyone know how old Namor is?....... he looks exactly the same now as he was when featured fighting in WWII

who?-kid
Originally posted by Wynndar
His fighting skills r waaaay up there too. Colossus may have a strength advantage...but its not much...Colossus strength increase was a proportionate increase of a young man to adult, his strength was not quadrupled as his fan boys would like to insist. Colossus is probably just slightly stronger than Namor.
Maybe only slightly stronger, but Colossus is certainly more durable. Fact is that Colossus can hurt Namor more than vice versa.

Nataku8188
Originally posted by who?-kid
Maybe only slightly stronger, but Colossus is certainly more durable. Fact is that Colossus can hurt Namor more than vice versa.

Fact is colossus cant do jack shit to a guy who put down with the entire avengers.

Wynndar
yea but his durability is mostly only applicable in terms of resistance to heat and such...Colossus has gotten beat down with fists more than oce by Juggernaut, or how about Champion who left him all bruised up. But I agree...Colossus is more durable.

Scoobless
But I agree...Colossus is more durable.

he'll have to be to fight someone who has laid out the Hulk

DrDoom
My vote goes to the Avenging son.

He's a better fighter, has much more manuverability, and is almost as strong as Colossus.

ScarletSpider
Namor was born in 1920. Since reaching his prime, he doesn't appear to have aged at all. Atlanteans are reknowned for their extended life spans, but even Namor seems to have enhanced longevity by their standards.

life is cruell
did namor come b4 the fantastic four or after??

Sentry
I think before. 1940ish maybe?

Scoobless
Namor was one of the first heroes

"Created in 1939 by Bill Everett, the Sub-Mariner is the first 'Marvel Hero' of the Golden Age of Comics. Son of Leonard McKenzie, Captain of a U.S. Ice Breaker, and Princess Fen of the Royal House of Atlantis, Namor McKenzie (also known as the Sub-Mariner, the Avenging Son of Atlantis, and Subby) has been both beloved and reviled by Humans and Atlantians alike. He is a rare hybrid endowed with great strength, power over the undersea world, the ability to breathe both in and out of water, and the gift of flight. He fought valiantly with the Allies in both the Atlantic and Pacific during World War II. He has been King of Atlantis at times and the C.E.O. of Oracle, Inc. at others, but he has also been exiled from his undersea homeland as a traitor and hunted by the Avengers and the Fantastic Four as a criminal. His adventures span nearly 65 years of history and have been a big part of the fun of comics for me. My thanks to Bill Everett, Jack Kirby, Stan Lee, John Byrne, Marvel Comics and anyone else involved. This is what comics are all about."

Namor McKenzie.......... i never knew he had a last name before

http://www.chivian.com/chivian/SubMariner.shtml

who?-kid
yea but his durability is mostly only applicable in terms of resistance to heat and such...Colossus has gotten beat down with fists more than oce by Juggernaut, or how about Champion who left him all bruised up. But I agree...Colossus is more durable.
1. Though Colossus was outclassed while fighting the Champion, he at least held his own for a while. Namor didn't even fight him.

2. I'd like to see Namor taking on Juggernaut...

BENITO
colossuscolossus is stronger but namor is more agile.

BENITO
colossuscolossus is stronger but namor is more agile.

Nataku8188
2. I'd like to see Namor taking on Juggernaut...

Great example, when Colossus tried to stop Jugs he got beat around so bad I thought he was going to die.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Nataku8188
Great example, when Colossus tried to stop Jugs he got beat around so bad I thought he was going to die.
First of all, even a pre-upgraded Colossus held his own for a while against Juggernaut (and they fought several times).

Second, most people get beat around by Juggernaut (people like Thor and Hulk to name a few...)

Third : Namor is no Juggernaut.

Metalmanx
I'm going to have agree. And just letting you know, I am an X-men fan, yes. And I am a Colossus fan (look at the signature), yes. But when answering forum questions like this, I am unbiased.

Colossus. He is just incredibly strong, able to lift sometimes over 100 tons. His strength is directly exponential to his normal body strength. The stronger his human form is, the much stronger his transformed state will be. Yes, Colossus can be slapped around, but that doesn't mean he gets hurt either. He just gets hit around, without taking any damage. He can take temperatures up to 70 degrees above ABSOLUTE ZERO and up to 12,000 degrees farenheit. It is above this temperature that Colossus is believed to melt. Not that Namor could produce either one of these extremes. Basically, besides perhaps a psionic attack, nothing will hurt Colossus.

Also, Colossus is a very experienced fighter, having been on the X-men for years. All of this time, he constantly trains, improving his strength (obviously), his speed, his agility, his endurance, his stamina, and his fighting ability. He is not just a powerhouse anymore. He's a powerhouse with knowledge of how to fight. He knows how to fight just as well as some of the top fighters. He is also smart enough to know that strength is not always an issue. He could easily find other ways to defeat an enemy, since he is by no means dumb.

And I know Namor is super strong, too. Just not in the same category as Colossus.

As soon as the fight turns hand to hand, which it seems that it will have to, or else Namor will just fly around his head all day long, Colossus wins. It really doesn't matter what Namor throws at him, Colossus will keep standing. And he won't follow Namor in the water, or allow him to be tricked into going into the water. Not like it would help anyway. He would just be a bit slower. Since he doesn't need to breathe, it would just be like a slower version of him. That's it.

Again, unbiased. Colossus wins.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Metalmanx
And he won't follow Namor in the water, or allow him to be tricked into going into the water. Not like it would help anyway. He would just be a bit slower. Since he doesn't need to breathe, it would just be like a slower version of him. That's it.

fighting in the water Colossus would be slower much less maneuverable (wouldn't he just sink like an iron brick?) and he wouldn't be able to see, Namor would have a major advantage
if they are fighting near water then Namor should be able to force Colossus into it by either flying him in or smacking him in ..... maybe hit him with a tree or something

Nataku8188
First of all, even a pre-upgraded Colossus held his own for a while against Juggernaut (and they fought several times).

Second, most people get beat around by Juggernaut (people like Thor and Hulk to name a few...)

Third : Namor is no Juggernaut.

I coulda sworn he went to stop Jugs, and ya know, Jugs laughed when he ***** slapped him around.

Juggernaut's strength limit has never been established, he chumps Colossus everytime they meet.

Namor may be weaker, but hes much faster and more skilled. Like I said, he threw down with the avengers.

Who is on the defenders? Colossus or Namor?

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Nataku8188

Who is on the defenders? Colossus or Namor? Who is on the X-men? Colossus or Namor? Whats your point?

Cosmic Cube
I think he means that the Defenders are more powerful than the X-Men. Which is debateable.

who?-kid
Fights between powerhouses always end with some kind of fistfight, and we all know who is stronger and more durable : Colossus. He can take more damage than Namor, and in this fight, that's the most important factor.

juggernaut74
If Colossus is dumb enough to follow Namor into the water then he will loose. On dry land Namor is just as strong but I dont see him hurting Colossus in any way.

jrodslam
Colossus may be slightly stronger than Namor NOW. But thats means nothing actually. Namor has bested Hulk on more than 1 occasion. Namor being out of water really wouldnt affect him that much, unless they are fighting in the desert or something like that. He doesnt start to loose power for maybe days later. Like someone mentioned, Namor can get revived if need be by tap water. In Hulk #371, a fire hydrant rejuvenated him.

I do think it would be a good battle, but Namor has the experience and speed over Colossus that gives him the victory. He's faced people with more durability, such as Hulk, Mr. Fantastic, Thing, and has bested them all. he's even smashed Doom's armor to the point where is was about to crack. Therefore, I doubt that Colossus's durability plays a factor in this fight. Namor wins.

Oh and the Defenders are far more powerful than the X-Men. Check out Defenders Vol.2 the Order series. They take on X-Men, Avengers, FF, Spiderman, Daredevil, S.H.E.I.L.D. Defenders are Marvels most powerful group ever. They should be respected.

who?-kid
I really don't think Namor has the raw power you need to knock Colossus' lights out.

But granted, it would be a great fight !

juggernaut74
Well Dr. Strange and Silver Surfer on the team, yea they would be tough.

Metalmanx
You say that was a Defenders series? Defenders #2? Have you noticed that whenever there is a cross-over battle, the team that the comic is actually about, pretty much ALWAYS wins. It's not a good way to judge these things to tell you the truth. Now, if some independent company made a comic about the Defenders and X-men, that would make more sense and probably be more true to the fight.

Colossus would win. Even if Namor did get him in the water, what will Namor do to him to defeat him? Colossus BASICALLY can't be hurt. That might prove to be a problem for Namor.

Scoobless
i'd like to see how Colossus would fare against the deepest depths of the ocean..... probably not too well

Zahit
If Namor can EASILY beat Hulk underwater.......obviously he can do the same to Colossus.
As tough as Colossus is, he's not the Hulk and he
CAN feel pain. This would be one HELL of a fight, but the ONLY advantage
Colossus has is a little strength and durability over Namor. Sub-Mariner
has EVERY other advantage....speed, fighting skills, experience, flight,
rage, water rejuvinating him, intelligence, cunning.....

juggernaut74
Hulk needs to breath as to where Colossus does not. So Colossus may do better underwater than we think.

hoorayforpeepee
don't underestimate colossus...he is above peak human speed, trains with folks like wolverine, and has a huge huge rage factor.

come on zahit...namor in no way has a rage advantage over colossus. did you SEE what happened when colossus fought ord? i mean, did you see it?

Wynndar
Originally posted by juggernaut74
Hulk needs to breath as to where Colossus does not. So Colossus may do better underwater than we think.

Hulk doesnt need to breath

Zahit
holy shit people. he's colossus, not wolverine. he's NOT faster than
peak humans. peak humans are daredevil, captain america, batman....
gimme a break. and rage??? are you kidding me????
do you know how many times namor declared war on the entire
surface world? how many times he tried to kill the avengers and
fantastic four? he's practically nuts.
manic-depressive if his water/air equilibrium is off.

Metalmanx
Actually, Colossus is indeed faster than peak humans. In his transformed state, Colossus gains above human speed, endurance, and stamina.

And yes again, he does have a rage factor. It doesn't show very often at all, since he tries not to release this rage upon an enemy unless said enemy really deserves it. No, he doesn't transform again or anything, but he just releases all of his strength and utilizes his sheer will to defeat said opponent.

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee

come on zahit...namor in no way has a rage advantage over colossus. did you SEE what happened when colossus fought ord? i mean, did you see it?

*sigh*

Namor can just flip out without any good reason. Colossus has nothing on him.

http://img81.echo.cx/img81/235/172ta.th.jpg
http://img81.echo.cx/img81/8577/216ux.th.jpg

He is an spoiled angry brat. With superpowers and an entire army behind him. If you think that Wolverine's rage is berserker, wait 'till you see Namors.

Zahit
Actually, Colossus is indeed faster than peak humans. In his transformed state, Colossus gains above human speed, endurance, and stamina.
And yes again, he does have a rage factor. It doesn't show very often at all, since he tries not to release this rage upon an enemy unless said enemy really deserves it. No, he doesn't transform again or anything, but he just releases all of his strength and utilizes his sheer will to defeat said opponent.
um.....show me ANY shred of evidence that Colossus is faster than:
Captain America, Daredevil, Wolverine, Batman, Taskmaster,
Shang Chi, Iron Fist.

until you do, i'm gonna have to assume that your statement about
Colossus being faster than peak humans is just the ramblings of
yet another X-Fanboy.

whistling

Scoobless
"His endurance and speed are somewhat greater in his armored form."

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/colossus.htm

somewhat greater is not 4x peak human...... it isn't even necessarily at peak human level

Zahit
right. "somewhat" greater does not mean faster than Captain freaking America....

Don't you just love how X-Fanboys just make stuff up!!!!

who?-kid
Whatever... but until somebody explains me how exactly Namor will beat Colossus, I vote for the stronger and more durable guy.

Zahit
Personally I think it would be a great fight.
Namor's skin is durable enough to deflect bullets.
He's almost as strong as Peter and WILL hurt him with
enough punches. Namor is faster, can fly, more experienced
and has more ways of hitting Peter than vice versa.
A prolonged fight on land would tire them both out eventually,
but Namor will get completely rejuvinated with some water.
Unless they're fighting in a desert, he'll manage to scrounge up
some water. If the fight moved towards an ocean, lake, river.....
Namor would kill Colossus if he got him in the water.
I'm not saying it would an easy fight either way....
just that Namor has more advantages and cards to play.

Zahit
hhhmmm.......

http://www.leaderslair.com/avengers/avengers003.html

who?-kid
Originally posted by Zahit
Personally I think it would be a great fight.
True. I vote for Colossus, but it would be a great fight. I like'em both, but I always found Colossus underrated.

Does Colossus even feel bullets hitting him ?

Yes, but the same can be said of Colossus.

Is he ? Maybe he is a bit faster, okay, but he's not THAT fast, not enough to declare him the winner.

No. If Namor wants to attack Peter, he has to come close. It's as simple as that. They are both close combat fighters.

But Namor much faster than Colossus ! On land, Peter wins, and the longer the duration of the fight - and I don't think it will a short fight - the more chances Peter has to win.

Go Russia go wink

Zahit
your points are excellent.
i can see colossus giving him a hell of a time and possibly winning.
i know namor isn't A LOT faster than peter, but it's also the
combination of his other advantages that in my opinion tips the scales.
peter's chances do increase the longer they fight on land.
very true, but if while fighting on land namor finds some water,
he gets completely rejuvinated. if that keeps happening, he could
wear peter out.

take note fanboys:
it is possible to have a good ole' debate without making up crap...

Scoobless
Originally posted by Zahit
take note fanboys:
it is possible to have a good ole' debate without making up crap...

but, apparently, not without throwing out a random, uncalled for, insult

big grin

Zahit
there's precious few things in life more satisfying than a random, un-called for insult.....

f_cking fanboys....

jrodslam
As Namor being ny #2 character in Marlvel, people should know that Namor is Marvels's first "SAVAGE" When he's in savage mode, like Hulk hes able to double his strength 2x over. Dont believe me? Pick up Namor vol.2. #31, 32 where he fights Doom. Talk about one sided Geez.

Zahit
Double?? I don't know about that now.....
obviously he'll get a major adrenaline boost when enraged, which is often.
can you post the cover?

jrodslam
Double were the exact words Zahit. Double and re-double.

http://www.leaderslair.com/namor/namor31.jpg

http://www.leaderslair.com/namor/namor32.jpg

" Namor now performs what any mortal might believe an utterly impossible feat. He doubles and redoubles the power of his attack. And no more is necessary than a glance into his burning eyes... To know the Mightiest of all the worlds mutants had barely yet begun to tap the full potential of his hybrid might."

An excellent comic if i may say so myself.

who?-kid
Originally posted by jrodslam
"Namor now performs what any mortal might believe an utterly impossible feat. He doubles and redoubles the power of his attack. And no more is necessary than a glance into his burning eyes... To know the Mightiest of all the worlds mutants had barely yet begun to tap the full potential of his hybrid might."

The Mightiest of all the worlds mutants ?!? confused

Not even close...

jrodslam
Well thats what the comics say. Its on the cover of most of the Vol.2 series. Dont blame me, blame the creators. What mutant is more mightier than Namor without recent upgrades?

Metalmanx
Funny, I wasn't aware that Namor was a mutant.

jrodslam
To Atlanteans he is. But he IS a hybrid thehnically though. I guess before the "X-Gene", there was Namor. Go figure.

Nataku8188
Funny, I wasn't aware that Namor was a mutant.

Just like you weren't aware of many things about Namor. Now you know.

juggernaut74
Namors ability to fly is kinda gay if you ask me. He has little wings on his ankles. Does anybody know how fast he can fly?

Cosmic Cube
60 mph. I don't see Colossus flying.

juggernaut74
If namor throws him, can you call that flying?

jrodslam
Lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.