Proffesor X vs Aqua Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

life is cruell
who wins?

Scoobless
Xavier wins..... physical abilities wont enter into it and X would brainfu*k Aquaman in terms of telepathic ability

what's Aquaman's real name?

life is cruell
im not sure but some people were stating that aquamans telepathic powers were greater than xaviers but thats bull

stormfront13
isn't his eral name like aurther sometin??

Khellendros
Originally posted by life is cruell
im not sure but some people were stating that aquamans telepathic powers were greater than xaviers but thats bull
laughing No. Aquaman seems more around the Emma Frost level.

BENITO
chuck!!professorx

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by life is cruell

Some people were talking that MARTIAN MANHUNTERS telepathic powers were greater then Xaviers.

And they are.

BENITO
but with cerebro?

DarkCrawler
Probably, yeah.

Lord-of-Dreams
Prof. X would win. His powers are of a higher level.
MM would win. His powers are of a higher level.
Hmmm... MM vs AM...

eleveninches
No way. ProX is a CRIP!!!
He'd get the cr@pbeat out of him..

Easy way to beat Pro-x, just push him down the stairs

David Duchovony
OOOooo!!!!!!! C'mon eleveninches, thats harsh. Funny, but harsh.

the Darkone
Originally posted by eleveninches
No way. ProX is a CRIP!!!
He'd get the cr@pbeat out of him..

Easy way to beat Pro-x, just push him down the stairs

Xaiver will shut down his f***king brain turning aquaman into vegatable. Our make him believe that he is a regular human being our make him commit suicide.

Draco69
Probably Aquaman. His telepathy is powerful enough to resist Professor X temporarily until he takes the physical offensive and crush him. His brain is difficult to control due to his marine heritage.

Lord-of-Dreams
That's true. Yea, I wasn't thinking of it in a fight scenario. He'll take that old fool.

DigiMark007
I Aquaman has some telepathy, he doesn't need to beat Xavier with it...he just needs enough telepathy to block Xavier while he kills him physically. Same reason MM would beat Xavier...doesn't matter who the stronger telepath is (I'd vote Xavier by the way)...the telepathy negates itself and MM kills X the old-fashioned way.

-DM

whobdamandog
Agreed..Unless the professor can take down Aquaman's telepathic defenses quickly, he's toast. Aquaman is probably one of the strongest telepaths in the DCU, just below MM..the guy can control just about all marine life on a whim if he wants to...

eleveninches
Yeah. Aquaman still has vast telepathy. nowhere near prox's level, but it doesnt need to be. All he need is to be able to resist proX for a couple of seconds, and then he can totally beat the crap out of him.

brainchild81
X would own him. He'd get in his mind. Aquaman would have defences against an evil telepathic fishsmile, but X would take him w/ease.
Prof X:I'm inside your head. I feel great pain within you. You don't get much respect do you?

Aquaman:Nope. It's horrible! No one respects or cares about me no matter how many times they bring me back or upgrade my powers. I only want to entertain!

X:Hmmm. I see. Very sad. Want to join the X-Men?

Aquaman:Really?

X:No. Not really.
*All the X-Men and Leaguers show up and begin to point & laugh @ Aquaman. Spider-Man pops up and starts taking pictures. Nelson from "the Simpsons" is there too. But it's only an illusion X projected into Aquaman's head. Having neutralized Aquaman, X lets up. Aquaman is left in a corner, rocking back & forth while crying and sucking his water thumb. Unfortunately that's when everybody really does show up and start laughing *

eleveninches
If prof X was reading aquama's thoughts, then wouldnt he also be sharing the pain?

K3VIL
Aquaman leaded a telepathic assault against 2 Millenia Giant, and on the first occasion, his telepathy was sufficiently powerful to threaten the Giant, he's far above Xavier's level.
MM is above both AM and Xavier even if enhanced by Cerebro, Martians are a race of superhuman beings with centuries of experience in the use of telepathy, Xavier is outta his league.

brainchild81
Were these 2 Millenia Giants related to Aquatic lifeforms? I don't think Aquaman could take Xavier. He's a joke.

Draco69
No. They were practically gods. Superman had a tough time defeating them.

Read up on Aquaman. He's not a joke anymore.

brainchild81
His powers work on things w/out aquatic ancestry now? That's news to me. I'll have to take your word for it about him not being a joke. Power him up as much as they want, he'll never shake his old stigma.

Draco69
Probably not.

brainchild81
I've never liked power changes in comics anyway for the most part. Spidey's organic webs suck! Changing Aquaman to make him more powerful is no suprise. DC seems to always be changing power levels. I don't understand why.

Draco69
I wouldn't talk.

Scarlet Witch or Magneto ring a bell?

brainchild81
Not louder than Aquaman, Martian Manhunter or GL.

Draco69
Which is dwarfed by:

Sentry, Gladiator and Iceman.

brainchild81
Sentry-Don't know about him.
Glads--You serious. Glads should be powerful as hell.
Iceman--Gotta check him out. What's different?

Draco69
Sentry-limitless power. Stalemated Galactus. On the New Avengers.
Glads-can do anything as long as he put his head to it.
Iceman-now is made of organic ice. Can suck water out people like a straw. He's pretty much unkillable.

brainchild81
Glads was pretty much supposed to be like that.
Sentry--Don't wanna read them that much. Spidey has organics doesn't he? I hate that. Spidey was great the way he was.
Wasn't Iceman one of the 12?

Draco69
Yes. Which is ridiculous.
Sentry- Yes Spidey has organics. I don't care either way.
Iceman- Yes. But he wasn't completely made of organic ice.

Other examples of powerups:

Wasp-can grow like Giant-Man
Colossus-strength upgrade
Luke Cage-Strength upgrade
Scarlet Witch- can f**k up reality
Jean Grey- is now a primodial Force that surpasses Galactus
Storm-can now create EMPS
Psylocke-has super-strength and uber-telekinesis

brainchild81
Damn. I've really lost touch w/many characters. How long ago has all this happened?

Draco69
For like two years.

brainchild81
Marvel is really f**king up nowadays. I had lost touch w/the X-Men a while ago. One day I picked up an issue and Beast looked horrible. I put it right back down. Sad s**t!

GalacticStorm
Im sorry but i feel that these upgrades u two talk of seem like a natural progression as opposed to marvel just heaping on abilities to make their characters cooler like dc has done with aquaman and countless others IMO

Collossus- Started out when he was 18 he is now approaching his mid twenties. Of course hes going to get stronger. Thats progression not some lame upgrade for the sake of it

Storm- Her power is to psionically manipulate ambient energy patterns and fields its just that while on earth her powers manifest as weather phenomena however it has been different when she was in space or other dimensions (Trion one for example). When you actually know what her abilities are then creating EMPS just seems like a refinement of her abilities.

Jean- Jean from back in the 70's was originally supposed to manifest the phoenix as the ultimate expression of her powers. However the phoenixes have a job to do as doctors of the universe, plus there can only be one avatar at a time. For these reasons jean doesnt always have her phoenix powers which would make it a boring read. IMO its interesting for a character to have power that humbles the abstracts yet is human and so has a human perspective. Jean being phoenix isnt some recent add on its been shown to be the case since the 70's its just that some writers obviously didnt know how to deal with that being the case. It makes so much more sense.

Psylocke- cant really comment because shes messed up and her powers are always changing lol. Plus i hav to wait till i finish uni and actually read recent issues of uncanny b4 i make my judgement

Scarlet Witch- As the daughter of Magneto who is often thought of as the most powerful mutant on earth you would expect her to be really powerful as well. She has always had powers which affect reality and probabilities. Theres been a steady progression for her over the years from when she was simply throwing around hex spheres, to being able to channel chaos magic more effectively to now where she can effect reality on a greater scale.

For these characters ive mentioned their current states just seem like a natural progression.

Just check out Aquamans apparently Xavier level telepathy. Where the hell did that come from?

brainchild81
I agree w/you about everything but I was talking about how Beast looks & the organic webs. It works in the movies, but it shouldn't be changed in the comics. They're whoring out my favorite character. I know nothing of Cage's upgrade since I've been out of the loop the last 2 semesters. I think that with the X-Men being in school and constantly training to improve that they should get progressively more powerful. And if Iceman was one of the 12 he should definitely. And yes, even if they try to make him a god, he's still gonna be lame a$$ Aquaman. He will never be cool. The closest he'll get is on that JLA 'toon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.