Your guide - Jar Jar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gundark
What was Qui Gon thinking ? Jar Jar was of absolutely no help in guiding the Jedi through the planet core. And after they were already down there, Qui Gon says "don't worry, the Force will guide us". So whats the point of taking Jar Jar in the first place ?

mah
maybe he felt the need to help jar jar out of the sticky situation, and said the 'we need a guide'-thing to make obi-wan less reluctant to take jar jar with them.

Ushgarak
Yeah, Qui-Gon was too nice for his own good. Quite frankly, if he hadn't have been using the mind trick on Boss Nass I am pretty sure the big man would have laughed in QGJ's face.

"Jar-Jar? A guide? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

Gundark
Yes. With lots of saliva.

Ushgarak
Good old Brian Blessed...

ToMacco
Qui-gon was hoping Jar Jar would put-out.

LanceWindu
No no no. It's because Lucas needed a character to stay with the Jedi and eventually get them the resources needed to help win the battle.

ToMacco
Nah, it was a sex thing.

LanceWindu
Yeah maybe he thought Jar Jar would "Give great helmet."

(Thanks for the joke Spaceballs)

Julie
Qui gon was just being his "fight for the little guy" self.....he had pity on the poor Gungan's plight and decided to save him

ToMacco
What a nice guy. Too bad he's dead.

Captain REX
Yeah, that sucked. I was hoping he'd stick around. He was cooler than Luke and Obi-Wan. And older (not including OB1 in Ep. IV). And old people are the greatest people, filled with wisdom and interesting stories of stuff you see in books about the 1940s.

Bantha Fodder
Well if Lucas hadn't made Jar Jar go with the Jedi, then he wouldn't have had the "comic relief" of Jar Jar in the rest of the movie.

My question is, comic relief from WHAT? I didn't need Jar Jar's comic relief in the movie, but what I DID need was relief from Jar Jar's comics! WTF?

TeCk-IcE
Lucas wanted to create a character that could be loved by the audience, he wanted to make a "new" Chewbacca.

But he totally failed. A lot of the audience hated jar jar.

Ushgarak
So? Alot of the audience love him as well. It's only the same as Yoda.

TeCk-IcE
Well yes thats true, but I ment that a lot of people prefer Chewbacca instead of Jar Jar.

Lucas did`nt manage to get the audience to love Jar Jar as much as they loved Chewbacca.

Ushgarak
Probably, but I'm not sure if the direct comparison is valid.

Dexx
I like jar jar...think of all the ppl that not only like'im but try to speak like 'im ( big grin ).
Besides. In the end....he turned out to be an important character, and who knows what part of him is still to come.

yerssot
well, I don't like him very much but I accept him, and I think every fan should at least accept him! He's in the movie, you can't change it!
ok... maybe the phantom edit, but that's just a big cow with horns!

Dexx
yeah well.....it's hard to accept some characters, even though they are from star wars. Ta ke 3po

yerssot
what's wrong with him??

TeCk-IcE
I thought everybody loved c3po!!

confused

Dexx
love him???.....oh no....i hate that damn robot. He ruins the atmosphere 'round him.

TeCk-IcE
Hehe..Ok

<------------------------I love that guy smile

Dexx
now...sebulba....he's a realy well done character.
My kind of a cheater. evil face

Dexx
Jabba should've switched 3po off when he had the chance

yerssot
and Maul can kill Sebulba easily big grin

Captain REX
And I can kill all of you easily!!! Muahahahaha!!!

Sebulba is a good character, but their isn't enough of him in Episode I to be a major character. And he's not going to be in Ep II or III. His grandson Pugwis is in Star Wars Demolition (where he dies!) laughing out loud

j/k

yerssot
well, podraces is going to be in EpII again so perhaps we will see him again

LanceWindu
Podracing will only be seen in Dexx's Diner on a vid screen. Just for a few seconds too.

Captain REX
So he'll be there. Just in the background.

yerssot
and I had the names here somewhere...

The podracers that will return for AOTC are: Ody Mandrell, Boles Roor, Dud Bolt

link: http://starwarsfan.tk

Captain REX
Of course Dud will be there. He's Sebulba's "body guard."

I watched TPM on Fox the other night and realized that Dud follows Anakin most of the first lap.

yerssot
yes, what did you expact?
Dud stepping out and grabbing a burgar?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.