Thor versus Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
2 fights, each lasts until the other is K.O'd

First fight is with weapons.

Second is H2H only.

long pig
I realize how close these fight would be, orion is one of the only three characters in DC I care about.

I honestly can't decide, its a toss up!

long pig
-bump-
This is an awesome fight people!

demigawd
People probably don't know much about Orion. I'll give this one to Thor...he seems a bit more versatile, even though the Astroforce is pretty damn tough.

the Darkone
Thor is more powerful than orion. Yes both are gods but thor has more potenial than orion. Orion has strength speed,durability and limited invulnerability. Thor has godly engeries he has greater strength than orion, has invulnerability and his hammer that can blast the godforce.

I like orion too, He's not in the same league as hulk, thor,superman. The beings that thor fights on a daily bases, is ridiculus thanos, destroyer, celestials, ulik, gladiator, odin, enternals, count nefaria,loki, kurse, hela and hulk. Please orion will get served by these beings most of thim will b***h slap like a p.i.m.p.

kgkg
here is what i whould put them

Thor > superman > Orinon = WW

long pig
you shouldnt count him out in a h2h fight! he would take thor in that, but with weapons...orion is a better fighter but thors hammer would be too diverse.

well, im my opinion
WW>thor=orion.

the Darkone
I don't know about that, thor can throw down too. He's much older than orion has more experince then him. Orion has berserk rage and thor has warrior madness which he used to beat the shit out of silver surfer and beat ray bill and the infinty watch. Name people that orion has fought in comics that are worth talking about besides kalibak and darkseid.

long pig
Orion isnt as popular as Thor, of course he'd have less fights.

gimme a few minutes and ill look hard for orion's feats.

The beserk rage orion does is fake. He does it on purpose to fool his opponets into thinking he was crazy.

Khellendros
With weapons, I think Orion takes it. Astro Force may only do one thing but it does it WELL. HtH, I'll say Thor in a close fight.

long pig
c'mon people, THE DOG OF WAR!
Hes not some halfcocked hercules.

long pig
Oh, I forgot.

Orion defeated Valkerye who is one of the greatest martial artists in the DC universe.

He trashed Slig, Kalibak, then blows up a member of the Deep Six...which was pretty cool.

(in the same story that Superman outruns the omega blast) Orion worries over killing a bloodlusted Superman who believes he's Darkseids son with his Astro Force, stuns him with surgically used Astro Force bubbles, take a punch to the head with no effect, and knock Supes back with a ferocious looking backhand.

fighting off the entity known as "IT" in which none of the other members of the JLA could harm, but Orion could.

Anti-life equation!

K3VIL
Orion is phisycally stronger than Post Crisis Superman.
His berserker rage transform him into a nearly unstoppable physical force, and even with Warrior Madness mode Thor should need GodForce blast to subdue him.
You're really underrating Orion on this board, he's just used in wrong manner or slightly used but he has showed against his father and Kalibak he's a force to reckon with.He was one of the heroes with GL and Supes able to broke into Mageddon and fight against his mental soldiers while Supes manage to absorbe Mageddon's central core.

DarkCrawler
Special Powers/Abilities:
The beings of New Genesis call themselves Gods and live outside of normal time and space in a realm called the Fourth World. These New Gods have evolved due to their close proximity to the Source, a primeaval energy, believed to be one of the ultimate foundations of the Universal Expression of Energy, along with their superior technology, into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. The denizens of New Genesis are stronger, faster, and smarter than homo sapiens, despite their resemblance to the same. It is believed that there is a connection between the Fourth World and the Third World (our universe) but that connection has yet to be completely explored. Since there are physical similarities, perhaps the races of the Fourth World help populate the planets of the Third World at an earlier time in the history of the Universe.

Super Strength: Orion's primary ability is his superhuman strength, invulnerability, durability and hardiness. Orion is the son of Darkseid and is the second most powerful person ever born on that world after Darkseid. His physical strength is difficult to gauge accurately, but he has fought Superman to a standstill several times in direct physical conflict and has successfuly beaten Darkseid at least once. He is possibly the most powerful humanoid on Earth today. No normal Earth-made barrier or substance can possibly stop Orion if he wishes to enter an area. Few barriers, even in the Fourth World are capable of stopping Orion. Battles that have had Orion at the scene are known to be catastrophically destructive and often have extreme loss of life.

Endurance/Stamina: Orion's stamina is legendary. Only on Apokolips or New Genesis, are there any beings with the ability to compete with Orion in a conflict of any nature. Bolstered by his rage and his mother box, Orion is a virtually inexhaustible engine of destruction. This does not mean that Orion does not tire. In battles against foes of near equal might, such as Kalibak or Darkseid, Orion has been seen to fatigue, only after hours of continuous combat. The scale at which these beings operate is well above what we have come to expect from terrestrial metahumans

Weapons and Tools:
The Astro-Harness: an alien artifact of unknown origin even amongst the New Gods. Worn around his waist, shoulder and slung over his feet, it is capable of several abilities and is used exclusively by Orion. The device makes Orion able to fly at speeds up to Mach 6 in atmosphere, or at speeds above 150,000 mph in space. It is unknown whether Orion actually needs the device to protect him from the ravages of interstellar space, but considering his natural durablity, it is unlikely.

Self Repairing: Like much of the technology of New Genesis, the Astro-Harness is capable of self-repair and will repair itself completely as long as any portion of the device exists. This is believed to be from the influence of the Mother Box, because she has a link to the Source and a perfect memory of what the Astro-Harness is, she can recreate it from the native materials available around her.

Astro-force projection: The most potent power of this device is its projection of Positive Astro Force in beams origininating from the hand portions of the harness for small blasts, and from the hands and the chest plate for blasts against inanimate objects, large starships or invulnerable super beings. This weapon is so powerful, it has been used from orbit to attack land dwelling targets or to attack other space craft.

Energy Manipulation: The Astro-harness can also acts as a barrier to attacks directed at Orion, protecting him from injury. It can also absorb stray energy from the environment in order to power itself, in the event that its access to the source has been cut off.

The Mother Box: The true nature of these living computers/beings is unknown. Called Mother Boxes by their users/partners, these beings/devices possess wonderous powers and abilities not understood even by their users. How they came to be involved with the beings of New Genesis is not known. Mother Boxes have sacrificed themselves for causes they have believed in and are greatly respected by the people of New Genesis, speaking of them as loving, living entitites in the shape of a small box worn much like a common day pager on Earth.

Mother Boxes have been seen to: Access the Energy of the Source for various effects, change the gravitational constant of an area, transfer energy from one place to another, control the mental state of a host, communicate telepathically with a host or other life form, manipulate the life-force of a host to sustain it past fatal injuries, open or close boom-tubes, take over and control non-sentient machines, evolve non-sentient machines, merge sentient beings into a single more powerful being, sustain a life form in a hostile environment such as space, and many others. Mother Boxes have an affinity for the Source and are believed to draw their power it.

Orion's mother box expends much of its energy keeping Orion's rage in check. When she is not doing that she is maintaining Orion's link to the Source and directing the energies of his Astro Harness.

Jason8200
After that explanation I would have to say Orion.

kgkg
look at this approach.

Superman Now defeats> Darkseid who defeats > Orion ( darkseid did kick his ass few times)

Shazam =< Superman (tied in battle)

Thor > = Shazam

Superman = Thor

Silver Surfer > Thor

Silver Surfer > Galadiator > Superman = Thor > Darksied = Shazam > Orion

From this forum result:

Thor = Superman --- people seem to put them on equal level of power.

Now let see:

-Orion was getting his ass slaped in a Surfer/GL crossover by surfer.
-Thor beated > Captain Marvel with ease.

JWangSDC
I donno, Orion vs Superman is already an even bout. Superman has never beaten darkseid without a technicality and it's basically understood that superman is not as powerful as darkseid.

Thor vs Orion would be a great fight, of coruse orion has to have his Astro Harness

Mainstream
I'll go with Orion on this one.

JWangSDC
Surfer is also an odd case, because he can beat many opponents just because of the sheer versatility of his powers. Any opponent with a weakness such as Gladiator or Superman can easily be exploited by the Silver Surfer... Without such versatility, Silver Surfer is only marginally more powerful than opponents such as Thor and Gladiator.

My vote is still for thor though, against Orion. THor beating Captain Marvel can be attributed to a technicality, he kept the power of Shazam from reaching Billy.

the Darkone
In the end of the battle thor will come on top. Orion is a great warrior but against thor who can go berserk his damn self and at full potential thor is more powerful. If you put these two on netural battlefield with no one around thor will beat the f***k out of orion. And if he goes warrior madness on him it's all over he will hit him the godforce blast orion will be turn into god dust.

the Darkone
Isn't kalibak the strongest son since he is first born son darkseid. kalibak is stronger : vast superhuman strength, endurance, and near invulnerability. Is a powerful brawler and hand-to-hand combatant, and his beta club can fire destructive force bolts.

Mainstream
True..and he's as ugly as sin too.

the Darkone
Amen. Thor will own orion all day everyday.

kgkg

Mainstream
on one occasion Orion beat Darkseid...I read that somewhere.

kgkg
Originally posted by Mainstream
on one occasion Orion beat Darkseid...I read that somewhere.
Most of the fights result is a whipping for Orion.

it is said that one day he will beat darkseid ( when is that day coming?)

the Darkone
Orion# 5

Mainstream
Originally posted by the Darkone
Orion# 5

that's when huh?

the Darkone
no wait, what happen was they where fighting for apokolips (orion issue 5) orion was holding his own then darkseid used his omega beams orion was dodgeing them and he was heading towards darkseid and the beams where right behind and at the last minute he moved the beams hitting darkseid. Orion thinking that his father is dead he was ruling Apokolips killing desad, in issue 8 darkseid return with metron and he teleported orion into another deminsion.

Mainstream
no wait, what happen was they where fighting for apokolips (orion issue 5) orion was holding his own then darkseid used his omega beams orion was dodgeing them and he was heading towards darkseid and the beams where right behind and at the last minute he moved the beams hitting darkseid. Orion thinking that his father is dead he was ruling Apokolips killing desad, in issue 8 darkseid return with metron and he teleported orion into another deminsion.

cool thanks for the recap.meatwad

long pig
Orion couldnt take a full force GF from Thor, nor could Thor take a AF from Orion.

With weapons its a toss up.

But H2H Orion is a better fighter, more experienced or not Thor is a brawler, Orion is a stronger and more controlled fighter(i.e martial arts and many forms of other combat) and could out manuever Thor...faux berserk or not...when he does it, Thor goes down...hard.

Orion> pre crisis superman with sheer skill
Thor= post crisis Superman (thor only chance to beat superman is because of magic....orion isnt vulnerable to magic)

the Darkone
When thor fought maestro he went full potential and he was dead even with maestro in strength. Thor has been fighting for a long time he is over 2,000 years old and orion is about 200 years old show me where orion really fought someone besides kalibak, ww knock him out with one punch, superman beat his a$$ in legends crossover, Darkseid has been kicking his a$$ from the getgo. You are giving orion little to much credit, thor will own orion a$$ day in and day out. You take orion of his asrto glider he is ****ed and by the way we never use his astro glider in h2h combat. Thor hammer project cosmic engery besides mystical energy orion can't take direct hit from thor's hammer and keep on fighting.

King thor hell will blast orion a$$ into oblivion.

long pig
Check out the first page and I listed a ton of people orion beat.

Thor prefers to brawl, always has and always will.
Orion is all about skill, hes stronger than Thor as well.

Orion would take him in skill, he took pre crisis superman while he was in bloodlust, while holding back so he wouldnt kill superman.

Thor w/o magic would get his ass beat down by any superman, especially pre crisis.

In a weapon fight it'd be even, just depends who lets loose first.

kgkg
Originally posted by long pig
Check out the first page and I listed a ton of people orion beat.

Thor prefers to brawl, always has and always will.
Orion is all about skill, hes stronger than Thor as well.

Orion would take him in skill, he took pre crisis superman while he was in bloodlust, while holding back so he wouldnt kill superman.

Thor w/o magic would get his ass beat down by any superman, especially pre crisis.

In a weapon fight it'd be even, just depends who lets loose first.

Stronger how?
Skill? Thor has been fighting for a very long time.

This is now Post, Pre-crisis days are over.

Orion has trouble fighting Darksied. What makes you think he can take thor.

Orion can't even beat superman

Superman > Darksied > Orion

Orion will be a better match for Thor, than superman but he would loose.

joesha28
Orion couldnt take a full force GF from Thor, nor could Thor take a AF from Orion.

With weapons its a toss up.

But H2H Orion is a better fighter, more experienced or not Thor is a brawler, Orion is a stronger and more controlled fighter(i.e martial arts and many forms of other combat) and could out manuever Thor...faux berserk or not...when he does it, Thor goes down...hard.

Orion> pre crisis superman with sheer skill
Thor= post crisis Superman (thor only chance to beat superman is because of magic....orion isnt vulnerable to magic)

Dude, in mighty thor#22 Thor took on Thanos blast with mjolnir and add inthe godforce and blast Thanos over the horizon. in #25 Thanos was powered by the chalice of ruins, the Illumination Stone, Map of All-Ending. Thanos had the power to wipe out all-existance, stars, planets etc. But when Thor attack Thanos, Thanos blast Thor continueously and THOR WITHSTOOD IT!!! AF, with all respect, might not come close to Thanos' blast. And Thor has thousand year of fighting experience. And Thor never goes down easily.

joesha28
Originally posted by kgkg
Stronger how?
Skill? Thor has been fighting for a very long time.

This is now Post, Pre-crisis days are over.

Orion has trouble fighting Darksied. What makes you think he can take thor.

Orion can't even beat superman

Superman > Darksied > Orion

Orion will be a better match for Thor, than superman but he would loose.

No way dude, Superman is the best match for Thor than anybody for DC and vice versa.

the Darkone
Orion has the ability to fight thor beat him hell no. Orion becomes so consume with rage it gets him in trouble hell wonder woman KO his ass out with one punch. Thor will man handle orion, thor is bigger, stronger, faster, more durable than orion, can orion take on thanos in h2h hell f**king no he will get own. Orion gets a little bit to much credit he hasn't really shown us anything that he can beat superman, wonder woman, darkseid besides getting mad and being the son of darkseid doesn't guarantee you can beat everybody.

Scoobless
Originally posted by JWangSDC
Superman has never beaten darkseid without a technicality

hmmm.......

Scoobless
smile

Scoobless
try that one again

juggernaut74
Man Superman is one bad motherf*cker.

kgkg
Originally posted by Scoobless
try that one again
that's my boi

big grin

Scoobless
smile

kgkg
Originally posted by Scoobless
smile
Scoobless at it again

Thanos = Darksied(post)= bullshit

Scoobless
a spot of redecorating for Supes

Fanboy
Kalibak is not stronger Then Orion Superman slapped Kalibak around like a ho.

Solidus Snake
look at this approach.

Superman Now defeats> Darkseid who defeats > Orion ( darkseid did kick his ass few times)

Shazam =< Superman (tied in battle)

Thor > = Shazam

Superman = Thor

Silver Surfer > Thor

Silver Surfer > Galadiator > Superman = Thor > Darksied = Shazam > Orion

From this forum result:

Thor = Superman --- people seem to put them on equal level of power.

Now let see:

u do know taht thor raped gladiator

Dark Thor
ss>glads>thor=superman>darkseid=Shazam>orion

Never
Pfft, first fight with weapons? So Orion gets the astro harness, ALE, and the Mother Box?

Peace out Thor

olympian
"u do know taht thor raped gladiator"

Does Sif knows about this ?

"Thor beated > Captain Marvel with ease. "

No, he had the upperhand against marvel and - then - defeated Billy who forgot he had the strenght of Hercules to...destroy a ferries weel that he was stuck on.

Dang, that was stupid.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by olympian
"u do know taht thor raped gladiator"

Does Sif knows about this ?

"Thor beated > Captain Marvel with ease. "

No, he had the upperhand against marvel and - then - defeated Billy who forgot he had the strenght of Hercules to...destroy a ferries weel that he was stuck on.

Dang, that was stupid.

Damn, you beat me to it.
Thor defeated Billy, not Marvel.

olympian
He still got the upperhand tho. But there was no Captain Marvel defeat there.

long pig
Originally posted by Dark Thor
ss>glads>thor=superman>darkseid=Shazam>orion Originally posted by Dark Thor
ss>glads>thor=superman>darkseid=Shazam>orion

Orion's stronger than PC Superman.
There is no de-powered post crisis Orion.
Also, Superman beats the new Darkseid, he never got slightly even close to beating the oringinal one, Orion stalemated him.

PC Darkseid>Orion>PC Superman>Thor

In the h2h fight, I'd pick Orion the large majority. He's stronger, faster, smarter and better skilled.

Thor & Orion has had roughly the same ammount of experiece, both are thousands of years old.

The weapon match is a toss up.

Never

They don't hear you though.

long pig
They just don't know much about him, this is a Marvel board for the most part.
Orion has done some impressive things in his series, such as equalling a universe destroying bomb blast with his own Astro Force.

He's also taken shots from solar system destroying blasts.

And that damned motherbox is wicked, his healing factor with it is immeasurable.

whirlysplat
I love Orion but.........
Supes is not the John Byrne Supes anymore.
This is about Thor though, I think Thor and Orion would be very close.

Either one on any given day, Astro Force is not equal to Thors hammer Starro knocked Orion flying directly after taking the Astro force, as for depowering it wasn't overt but it happened to all the new gods, Darksied is a prime example of thisbig grin

Keep the faithbig grin

Stay Whirly rock

Avalonofthewind
Terry Bogard knocks them both out.
He is ...THE GOD KILLER. The man took out the God of War. big grin

olympian
Pffff Ryo Sakazaki shows up and schools them as the new Mr karate.

The unbeatable Tiger rocks.

dawsey28
confused

the Darkone
Thor has more raw power than orion, he is the son of a sky-father and elder god Gaea. His godly energies is awesome in h2h combat thor wins easily thor will out last orion Thor fought Zeus in thor annual #8 and fought for months with out getting tired. Thor has fought beings that will b***h slap orion all day, thor knock a super-strong alien being with so much physical force the alien flew out of earth's orbit and out of our solar system journey into mystery #90, thor lifted the midgard serpent over his head with ease and the midgard serpent weighs in million tons range Thor#272. Thor is warrior god and his abilities are beyond orion, If thor cut's lose orion doesn't have a chance in hell of beating him.

yahman
Thor has more raw power than orion, he is the son of a sky-father and elder god Gaea. His godly energies is awesome in h2h combat thor wins easily thor will out last orion Thor fought Zeus in thor annual #8 and fought for months with out getting tired. Thor has fought beings that will b***h slap orion all day, thor knock a super-strong alien being with so much physical force the alien flew out of earth's orbit and out of our solar system journey into mystery #90, thor lifted the midgard serpent over his head with ease and the midgard serpent weighs in million tons range Thor#272. Thor is warrior god and his abilities are beyond orion, If thor cut's lose orion doesn't have a chance in hell of beating him.

Superman = Round about as strong as Mangog.

Orion = Superman

But Moljnir tips the balsnce a bit.

Orion takes it. smile

the Darkone
Also, Superman beats the new Darkseid, he never got slightly even close to beating the oringinal one, Orion stalemated him.

PC Darkseid>Orion>PC Superman>Thor

In the h2h fight, I'd pick Orion the large majority. He's stronger, faster, smarter and better skilled.

Thor & Orion has had roughly the same ammount of experiece, both are thousands of years old.

What the f**k? The weapon match is a toss up.

Long pig, I have agree with on some threads but this one is not even close. If you go thru the 60's,70's early 80's thor will own orion the way he was written thor would kill orion, he fight beings like orion for fun.

Thor is over 2,000 years old, where orion is about 300-400 years old in new gods 1998 guide. Thor's hammer is more powerful than the astro glider/force please there is no contest, thor's hammer has shook a whole entire planet and destroyed one also. It crack dopen Exitar brain dom,godforce blast rocked Galactus into retreating in Thor160-162, Thor hammer is pure power greater than the astro glider.

the Darkone
Originally posted by yahman
What the f**k? :wtfmesseduperman = Round about as strong as Mangog.

Orion = Superman

But Moljnir tips the balsnce a bit.

Orion takes it. smile

Superman is not equal to Mangog what the f**k are you on. Mangog is physical more powerful than Odin and Thor. Superman has been de-powered where Thor, Mangog,thanos, gladiator, count nefaria (full power), Hyperion are on Pre-Crisis superman & darkseid level they have never been toned down. Thor is a son of a skyfather and a elder god his powers a godly sick, Thor has shown more feats of ability than orion. Thor has fought three of the most powerful celestials exitar,one above all, arishem and held his own. Fought a full powered galactus and force him to retreat when Thor hit him with the god-force blast. Thor fought Exitar the 20,000 tall celestail with his mystic armor, belt of strength, iron gauntlets he hit exitar with so much force from the hammer the nearby mountain where crumbling to dust from the sher force of the hammer he cracked open the celestial armor and punch giant size hole in exitar brain dome the most powerful celestail (Thor#387-389) Exitar was so impress he created a clone for Thor in respect of him.

Orion can't even beat his father only once and that was post-crisis darkseid. Thor has fought his father odin, zeus, celestails, classic hercules, Mangog, destroyer, ego the living planet, galactus,ulik, Atum the god-eater/ demogorge both forms, kurse, juggernaut.

If Orion fought those guys they will be picking him up his corpse of the ground.

long pig
Wow, you just really made no sense.

Thor didn't "rock" Galactus at all, G' barely noticed the blast has it BOUNCED OFF HIS SHIELD.

He just left because he was near death from starvation.

And he didn't beat a single one of them.

Great, so has the Astro Force. In fact, the AF has pushed back a universe destroying beam with it's own power.

In a h2h fight, Orion is stronger/faster/heals better/smarter and a better fighter.
I'll admit that Mjolnir is >astroforce but doesn't mean Thor would take the majority.

the Darkone

Thor didn't "rock" Galactus at all, G' barely noticed the blast has it BOUNCED OFF HIS SHIELD.

Great, so has the Astro Force. In fact, the AF has pushed back a universe destroying beam with it's own power. So did thor hammer and even more. wink

What the f**k? In a h2h fight, Orion is stronger/faster/heals better/smarter and a better fighter.
I'll admit that Mjolnir is >astroforce but doesn't mean Thor would take the majority.

Orion is not a better fighter than thor, thor is full blooded god has more raw power. Thor has be trained since he was born from his father and other great warriors of asgard. Thor is a smart being him damself, thor feats of stength and abilities is far greater than orion. In WW III orion was drifting in space after mageddon f**ked him up he was dying motherbox couldn't healed him fast enough aztek saved his a$$. Thor has survive from a dooms day bom that destroyed a planet. Thor durable is far greater than orion and stronger. JIM 90# knocking a being out of the solar system with so much physical force. Orion can't even beat his sorry a$$ father.

yahman
Superman is not equal to Mangog what the f**k are you on. Mangog is physical more powerful than Odin and Thor. Superman has been de-powered where Thor, Mangog,thanos, gladiator, count nefaria (full power), Hyperion are on Pre-Crisis superman & darkseid level they have never been toned down. Thor is a son of a skyfather and a elder god his powers a godly sick, Thor has shown more feats of ability than orion. Thor has fought three of the most powerful celestials exitar,one above all, arishem and held his own. Fought a full powered galactus and force him to retreat when Thor hit him with the god-force blast. Thor fought Exitar the 20,000 tall celestail with his mystic armor, belt of strength, iron gauntlets he hit exitar with so much force from the hammer the nearby mountain where crumbling to dust from the sher force of the hammer he cracked open the celestial armor and punch giant size hole in exitar brain dome the most powerful celestail (Thor#387-389) Exitar was so impress he created a clone for Thor in respect of him.

Orion can't even beat his father only once and that was post-crisis darkseid. Thor has fought his father odin, zeus, celestails, classic hercules, Mangog, destroyer, ego the living planet, galactus,ulik, Atum the god-eater/ demogorge both forms, kurse, juggernaut.

If Orion fought those guys they will be picking him up his corpse of the ground.

Odin has beaten Mangog, So has Thor.

Superman = Above Thor.

Thor was owned by the Three Celestials.

As you said Moljnir hit Exitar, not Thor. Crumbling a mountain to Dust is little compared to the planet moving strength that Post Crisis Superman has demonstrated on several ocassions.

According to some Sources Orion is stronger than Supes.

Ssuperman = about as strong as Mangog.

smile

the Darkone
Odin has beaten Mangog, So has Thor.

Superman = Above Thor.

Thor was owned by the Three Celestials.

As you said Moljnir hit Exitar, not Thor. Crumbling a mountain to Dust is little compared to the planet moving strength that Post Crisis Superman has demonstrated on several ocassions.

According to some Sources Orion is stronger than Supes.

What the f**k? again Ssuperman = about as strong as Mangog.

smile

Mangog will rape superman

yahman
Mangog will rape superman

Seeing that just you've come out with such an irrelevent, desperate and ill whitted response, (aswell as beeing a liitle low on the taste side).

I'll take it as my win smile

the Darkone
Seeing that just you've come out with such an irrelevent, desperate and ill whitted response, (aswell as beeing a liitle low on the taste side).

What the f**k? I'll take it as my win smile

I don't think so.

Thor powers are great a full potential thor cutting lose will kill orion. Thor hammer is powerful when he was striking exitar it was his godly energies/strength going threw the hammer, the hammer feeds off his godly energy and strength increasing the power of the blow. If anything abouy orion is that he has ben written better than thor and that's about it. Remember thor is still on pre-crisis superma level and more powerful, Thor has done physical things that orion hasn't done only dreams about. Thor speed is blinding flying 3x times the speed of light, and runnning at great speeds even hela couldn't see him, she said his speed was beyond comprehension.

yahman
I don't think so.

Thor powers are great a full potential thor cutting lose will kill orion. Thor hammer is powerful when he was striking exitar it was his godly energies/strength going threw the hammer, the hammer feeds off his godly energy and strength increasing the power of the blow. If anything abouy orion is that he has ben written better than thor and that's about it. Remember thor is still on pre-crisis superma level and more powerful, Thor has done physical things that orion hasn't done only dreams about. Thor speed is blinding flying 3x times the speed of light, and runnning at great speeds even hela couldn't see him, she said his speed was beyond comprehension.

The hammer does not Feed off his Godly energies.This is your Fabrication. (ever thought about working for the Daily Mail)

Thor is no where near a Pre Crisis Superman level. The only Feat he has on a planetary level is the Midgard Serpent. I have alot Skeptesism when concerning this Feat. E.G. why didn't it crush the plannet?

The closest he has come to matching this was when he moved the Avengers Hydro base. E.G. the size of an Island.

Thor = > Count Nefaria

Count Nefaria = maxed out lifting a mountain

Orion = Post CrisisSuperman strength

Posts Cisis Superman Strength = Moving celestial size objects

Celstial Objects = < Than mountains and Islands and mystical Serpents that Live on the surface of the plannet.

3x speed of light? Dont make me laugh. smile big grin

the Darkone
The hammer does not Feed off his Godly energies.This is your Fabrication. (ever thought about working for the Daily Mail)

What the f**k? Thor is no where near a Pre Crisis Superman level. The only Feat he has on a planetary level is the Midgard Serpent. I have alot Skeptesism when concerning this Feat. E.G. why didn't it crush the plannet?

The closest he has come to matching this was when he moved the Avengers Hydro base. E.G. the size of an Island.

Thor = > Count Nefaria

Count Nefaria = maxed out lifting a mountain

Orion = Post CrisisSuperman strength

Posts Cisis Superman Strength = Moving celestial size objects

Celstial Objects = < Than mountains and Islands and mystical Serpents that Live on the surface of the plannet.

3x speed of light? Dont make me laugh. smile big grin

Thor flies at 3x speed of light with the hammer. It's been stated in thor #185

Count Nefaia (full powered) is on pre-crisis superman level. Count Nefaria took a blow from thor hammer and wasn't hurt at all. And Count nefaria has defeated thor badly.

long pig
Thor can't fly.

The hammer pulls him really fast, but he doesn't have that type of reflexes to react at light speed.

He can't reach close to lightspeed on Earth, only in space.

the Darkone
Thor has proven over the years he can beat anybody on any given day even Orion. Thor would absorb the astro-force through the hammer and channel it back 1000 fold at orion killing him in the process.

Thor 7/10

leonidas
it could reasonably be argued that the astroforce is greater than mjollnir. it is a direct manifestation of the source. in dc it is the source that gave the gods their power and as a manifestation of god's power, it would be above, well, . . . anything. the only thing holding it back is orion's control over it. thor's control of mjollnir may well be > orion's control of astroforce, but the 2 powers are both VERY versatile. skills are about equal, strength is about equal.

i think without weapons of any kind and no motherbox, orion takes maybe 6/10 (no mb means nothing to keep orion's rage in check). both fighting to max: i'll say thor 5.5/10 based on the longer history, hence greater record of feats.

this would be a better battle than thor v supes imo.

Thunderstrike
Yeah. I don't know if in a fist fight that Orion would defeat Thor. Physically he is equal to immortal Hercules with his strength, as seen when the pulled the Midgard Serpent off of earth, and the armwrestling match the pulled the planet out of orbit. That, and he's got hundreds upon hundreds of years fighting experience under his belt. I think that he has the edge, though it's close. Also, Thor definately has the smarts in this battle because of his college education and fact he has a doctorate.

With weapons, I think the versatility is tipped in the favor of Thor on this one, mostly because of the energy absorption. However, it's still pretty close. I'm going to say Thor wins this 6.5 or 7/10 times, each fight being really close.

I agree with you though Leonidas. This would be a much better battle than Superman vs Thor, mostly because that debate is versatility vs speed 95% of the time, with neither side giving leeway.

Darksaint
Wow so many misconceptions about the potential of Orion, and the power of the Astro Force. The Astro Force is much much greater than all of the energies of the Asgard dimension/universe combined(including the Odin Force). If Orion has half as much control with it as Thor does with his hammer, no one can stand up to him.

I laugh at the people who think Thor can channel/absorb the Astro Force with mjollnir. The Astro Force stems DIRECTLY from the Source, the embodiment of ALL the energies in the DCU Multiverse.

Darksaint
Thor has proven over the years he can beat anybody on any given day even Orion. Thor would absorb the astro-force through the hammer and channel it back 1000 fold at orion killing him in the process.

Thor 7/10

Never - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=399713&highlight=AStro+Force

Thunderstrike
Pretty sure you're assuming.

Superherovandal
No actually in hand to hand Orion would roast Thor 8/10. He's stronger, faster, better fighter, would heal from every thing that Thor could hit him with. with weapons its about even but id give it to Orion 7/10 his Astro Force its impeccably strong. and the MB would speed his healing further, and find Thors weakness.

JohnR
With weapons, Thor beats Orion the majority of the time. Mjolnir's just too versatile. I'm not sure that Orion's Astro Force is above the Silver Surfer's blasts, which Thor can absorb with Mjolnir.

HTH, Orion's definitely the better fighter, but Thor's fought many foes who've been stronger than him. I think this could go either way, but I'd give an edge to Orion.

HTH w/ both Thor and Orion going bererk, I'd give it to Thor. WM Thor seems nearly invulnerable and beyond the strength of most top-tiers.

Superherovandal
So does Orion. and AF blocked a universe destroying blast that well beyond SS.

aliveinboston

Great, so has the Astro Force. In fact, the AF has pushed back a universe destroying beam with it's own power.

In a h2h fight, Orion is stronger/faster/heals better/smarter and a better fighter.

Galactus ran away not because he was starving (he was quite gigantic) but because 1st Thor hurt him physically by tossing a hammer at him (then Galactus started whining) then Thor turned up the heat with the god-force blast and Galactus ran away crying saying how he will die if he does not escape.

Get a clue.

Orion would get beat by the Silver Surfer who Thor has utterly man-handled.

Mider
majiour still could not push a universe destroying beam back could it?

Sixth_Winged
What's majiour?

badabing
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
What's majiour?
laughing laughing laughing

King KAM
Thor gets pwned, just like when Supes layed waste to him

long pig
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Galactus ran away not because he was starving (he was quite gigantic) but because 1st Thor hurt him physically by tossing a hammer at him (then Galactus started whining) then Thor turned up the heat with the god-force blast and Galactus ran away crying saying how he will die if he does not escape.

Get a clue.

Orion would get beat by the Silver Surfer who Thor has utterly man-handled.
And he was starving. Read the comic.

And Thor would lose 10/10 to Surfer, as would Orion.

S.S
no expression

long pig
Originally posted by S.S
no expression
Nazi.

S.S
hitler who me?

King KAM
Nazi. fanboy

aliveinboston
And he was starving. Read the comic.

And Thor would lose 10/10 to Surfer, as would Orion.

Galactus wasnt "starving" he was hungry. Big difference. He wasnt dying from starvation he was dying from being god-blasted. He didnt say oh my hunger is killing me I got to grab some frozen pizza from my fridge inside my capsule, he said that damned god blast is cutting a hole in my chest cavity Ive got to go hide inside my self-made cage like the over-grown monkey boy I am. The comic is absolutely clear on this.

Also, Thor has tossed around surfer like he was a rag doll and Surfer himself has admitted that Thor is his superior in power.

The only thing you are right about is that Surfer would absolutely toast orion.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Superherovandal
No actually in hand to hand Orion would roast Thor 8/10.What the f**k? He's stronger, faster, better fighter, would heal from every thing that Thor could hit him with. with weapons its about even but id give it to Orion 7/10 his Astro Force its impeccably strong. and the MB would speed his healing further, and find Thors weakness.

Thor true strength is up their with immortal hercules, Thor was strong enough to pull the midgard serpent off of earht which weighs as much as earth itself. Thor abilities are greater than Orion, the hammer heals Thor also as long Thor has contact with the hammer. Thor feats are >>>>> orions, Thor hit a barrier with so much physical force the narrator even stated that he and hercules could have destroyed a planet with that punch.

King KAM
Galactus wasnt "starving" he was hungry. Big difference. He wasnt dying from starvation he was dying from being god-blasted. He didnt say oh my hunger is killing me I got to grab some frozen pizza from my fridge inside my capsule, he said that damned god blast is cutting a hole in my chest cavity Ive got to go hide inside my self-made cage like the over-grown monkey boy I am. The comic is absolutely clear on this.

Also, Thor has tossed around surfer like he was a rag doll and Surfer himself has admitted that Thor is his superior in power.

The only thing you are right about is that Surfer would absolutely toast orion. god thor fanboys are ignorant....

King KAM
Thor true strength is up their with immortal hercules, Thor was strong enough to pull the midgard serpent off of earht which weighs as much as earth itself. Thor abilities are greater than Orion, the hammer heals Thor also as long Thor has contact with the hammer. Thor feats are >>>>> orions, Thor hit a barrier with so much physical force the narrator even stated that he and hercules could have destroyed a planet with that punch. thors feats cant be better than orionr, since orion has beat superman.....

Validus
Originally posted by King KAM
thors feats cant be better than orionr, since orion has beat superman.....
laughing

You're such a pimp KAM. embarrasment

King KAM
Originally posted by Validus
laughing

You're such a pimp KAM. embarrasment why fank you

Sixth_Winged
thors feats cant be better than orionr, since orion has beat superman.....

and thor beat mangog, gladiator and desak. There's no such thing as an infallible ABC logic in these types of match-ups

King KAM
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
and thor beat mangog, gladiator and desak. There's no such thing as an infallible ABC logic in these types of match-ups no abc logic, simply feats

aliveinboston
god thor fanboys are ignorant....

Ignorant people resort to name calling and personal attacks. Oh wait ... thats you!

King KAM
Ignorant people resort to name calling and personal attacks. Oh wait ... thats you! .....and then you call me a name back.....hmmmm......interesting.

Thunderstrike
god thor fanboys are ignorant....

Hate to say this Kam, but he's right. Galactus said that Thor's godblast was the first time he ever felt pain.

King KAM
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Hate to say this Kam, but he's right. Galactus said that Thor's godblast was the first time he ever felt pain. the man was effing starving....less than 1% of galactus power pwns thor.....come on now, lets get real here

Sixth_Winged
no abc logic, simply feats

Feat by Superman, not by Orion. Not only that, but superman's defeat against him isn't that conclusive to be consistent cause most of the times they've been portrayed, theyr'e usually equal to a degree.

aliveinboston
.....and then you call me a name back.....hmmmm......interesting.

Nope. You did the name-calling, all I did was put your comments in the context of your own statement.

Thunderstrike
http://www.comicboards.com/thor/attachments/030215092355/Thor%20161-15.jpg

It just hurt him. It's kinda obvious that Galactus would eat any Thor incarnation for breakfast, but it's still an awesome feat.

aliveinboston
Hate to say this Kam, but he's right. Galactus said that Thor's godblast was the first time he ever felt pain.

Almost right. A searing strike delivered via 50 lb hammer flying at ungodly speeds (or should I say godly speeds) is what caused the first pain. I doubt that alone would have prevented Galactus from proceeding with his plans, merely given him something to think about, perhaps bought some time. It was the god-force blast turned up to a reasonable volume that sent Galactus running away to find his blankie.

Mider
can thor block a universe destroying blast and has he please dont say sure give me refrences of some sort.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Mider
can thor block a universe destroying blast and has he please dont say sure give me refrences of some sort.
http://members.tripod.com/~exitme2/gifs9/wrench.gif

Orion never blew up a galaxy, so that's inapplicable.
Wait, too big of a word for you. You can't use it. Also, why should we provide you with proof? You never give anyone else any.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Mider

Mider find it yourself, better yet by some comics besides DC comics. YOu act like you know what you are talking about but you don't, why don't you show some scanes istead asking people to show their's. Nobody pay's attention to you at all if anything you are pain in the ass, I am not the only that feel that way.

the Darkone
http://members.tripod.com/~exitme2/gifs9/wrench.gif

Orion never blew up a galaxy, so that's inapplicable.
Wait, too big of a word for you. You can't use it. Also, why should we provide you with proof? You never give anyone else any.

thumb up exactly, he is pain in the ass.

Thunderstrike
However, he is the inspiration for me to do this:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t399850.html

A.J
bump

nvrbeenwthagirl
Orion is stronger than Thor. More Durable, and it seems older by the nature of the New Gods. Darksied was handling Silver Surfer, Thor, and Storm in the Cross over. Orion is as strong as Darksied. Orion is stronger than Superman. Thor looses. He wont' go down easy or without a fight, but He can't beat Orion.

leonidas
can't use non-canon xovers to justify your answer. silver surfer easily handled orion in that first xover while in an issue of ss, thor easily absorbed ss's blasts and battled (while holding back) a ss who was AMPED with loki's power. another canon battle had orion unable to defeat darkseid physically while supes did exactly that. that would imply supes>orion.

thor v orion (likely my 2 favourite characters in each universe) is about as close a fight as can be found between marvel and dc and it can literally go either way.

juggernaut66666
orion wins although he is NOT as strong as darkseid

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by leonidas
can't use non-canon xovers to justify your answer. silver surfer easily handled orion in that first xover while in an issue of ss, thor easily absorbed ss's blasts and battled (while holding back) a ss who was AMPED with loki's power. another canon battle had orion unable to defeat darkseid physically while supes did exactly that. that would imply supes>orion.

thor v orion (likely my 2 favourite characters in each universe) is about as close a fight as can be found between marvel and dc and it can literally go either way.

Anything by jeph Loeb is non-cannon. Superman was never meant to beat Darkseid. If Darkseid was so easy to dispatch, why hadn't it been done in all the previous years? Come on. I do believe HighFather said that the very least of New Genesis is stronger than the very highest sky fathers of Olympus. No it was Darkseid who said it to Wonder Woman. The New Gods are stronger than any other Gods, it would include the Norse Gods. Orion is stronger than Thor.

Broly92
Thor wins 5.5-7/10

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Anything by jeph Loeb is non-cannon. Superman was never meant to beat Darkseid. If Darkseid was so easy to dispatch, why hadn't it been done in all the previous years? Come on. I do believe HighFather said that the very least of New Genesis is stronger than the very highest sky fathers of Olympus. No it was Darkseid who said it to Wonder Woman. The New Gods are stronger than any other Gods, it would include the Norse Gods. Orion is stronger than Thor.
and don't foget his darkseid>>>>highfather

RUNMAN
I'm with Thor on this. I've seen what he can do...

Big Sexy
Cool match, a batlle of the Gods. These two are so alike, I guess thats why they made the Almagam of them . Thorion pwns all

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by RUNMAN
I'm with Thor on this. I've seen what he can do...

Just becuz you have seen what thor can do means what? where's your proof that Orion can't do better?

RUNMAN
Sorry, I'm changing my answer now... Orion wins because nvrbeenwthagirl said so...

Soleran
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Just becuz you have seen what thor can do means what? where's your proof that Orion can't do better?

Cuz he loses to Superman and WW.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Soleran
Cuz he loses to Superman and WW.

Orion doesn't loose to Superman And WW. I love WW to death and I know that Orion's skill alone trumps both of thiers. His strength is beyond comprehension. And his mother box can heal any wound SM and WW can inflict on him.

RUNMAN
Thor is the P.I.M.P.! Don't you be a playa hata...

nvrbeenwthagirl
Astro-force projection
The most potent power of this device is its projection of Positive Astro Force in beams originating from the hand portions of the harness for small blasts, and from the hands and the chest plate for blasts against inanimate objects, large starships or invulnerable super beings. This weapon is so powerful, it has been used from orbit to attack land dwelling targets or to attack other space craft. The Astro-Force projection can also be used to augment Orion's physical strength to an unknown degree, possibly limitless.

Priest
how old is Orion?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
how old is Orion?

I'm trying to find that out now, the best I can find is that the New Gods are pretty much older than anything living in the Universe. The only beings I can find as old as them or older are the Guardians and the Quantum Mechanics.

Tassadar

Thats ABC logic, which does not fly on this forum. And the comic in which Thor beats Shazam is non-canon.

In the fight with weapons, it's a tie. In the fight h2h, Orion.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
and don't foget his darkseid>>>>highfather

Thor would thrash Orion. Odin would dismember Darkseid. Those DC "gods" including Darkseid are pathetic watered down nothings fallen prey to the "lets screw these potentially great comic book characters to make Superman look better" curse.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Thor would thrash Orion. Odin would dismember Darkseid. Those DC "gods" are pathetic watered down nothings fallen prey to the "lets screw these potentially great comic book characters to make Superman look better" curse.

ON these Forums we don't really bank on DC's rediculous Superphilosophy. We all know Darkseid and Orion just by the New Gods description are more powerful than Superman. Hell I could think of ten toons off top of my head that are supposed to be able to break Superman's neck, but because of DC's rediculous rules, can't and won't.

bigbran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCBy8RoJUWM&mode=related&search=mortal%20kombat%20

RUNMAN
Mighty Mouse can beat SuperMan!

long pig
Lol...I pronounced orion or-e-en for the longest time. Orion wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.