GALACTUS vs DARK PHOENIX vs ONSLAUGHT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
its the battle of the heavyweights who will emerge victorious??? or will no one claim victory and everyone fall?
( i love usin a wierd eery tone with fights)

kgkg
is galacus at full power(fed)

then he wins

Dark Phoenix tied a weak galactus in a what if series.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
ahh i see

Xplosive
Originally posted by kgkg
is galacus at full power(fed)

then he wins

Dark Phoenix tied a weak galactus in a what if series.

Dark Phoenix would win both of them together, probably easily.
How many time kgkg have you been told that Rache, weakest of avatar crushed full powered Galactus when he wnated to drain here enrgy, but she easily knocked him.

Lord S
I would probably say Galactus...if he was fully powered. Onslaught's true power remains a mystery...it's been suggested that if he were to fully master Franklin's powers, that he may be able to overpower the big G. I wonder if they'll ever bring him back.

kgkg
Originally posted by Lord S
I would probably say Galactus...if he was fully powered. Onslaught's true power remains a mystery...it's been suggested that if he were to fully master Franklin's powers, that he may be able to overpower the big G. I wonder if they'll ever bring him back.
most likely not.

but you are right his power whould have been great.

but the heros had to jump on him LOL

leonheartmm
onslaught takes the top spot, second comes dark pheonix, and last place is full powered galactus.

Lord S
Spoken with confidence...so tell me, why do you say that?

GalacticStorm
"is galacus at full power(fed)

then he wins

Dark Phoenix tied a weak galactus in a what if series."

Xplosive has got it in one. Kg. Do u hav to be force fed info b4 it actually sinks into your head. I have continually told u and given u references in previous threads we've debated in where the two hav had another encounter and this was a full powered galactus and Phoenix2(RACHEL NOT DARK PHOENIX BIG POWER DIFFERENCE!!!!) beat him back in excalibur and then knocked out his herald. Her friends were getting caught up in the titanic battle and rachel realised they could be harmed so she said she would allow galactus to remove the phoenix from her voluntarily because he certainly could not do it by force as he had tried to do. When he attempted the removal death and roma appeared and directed his attention to the sky. The universes stars were fading because of te extraction so he had to stop. The phoenix is an integral part of existence.

Rachel summers was by far the weakest of the avatars as was stated many a time in the comics and also in marvels own bios. Yet she beat back a hungry galactus without breaking a sweat and deflected his attacks wiv a gesture in "What If?". In excalibur she knocked out his herald Nova and beat him back and showed him he couldnt take it from her without her consent. The original phenix was Jean the Phoenix of the white crown she is the top avatar in the phoenix hierarchy. She was far more powerful than phoenix2. Dark Phoenix would consume Galactus and Onslaught. However Galactus could beat Onslaught.

Anyone who wants an explanation of the phoenix force and its true connection with jean and its purpose check out the recent x-team vs avengers team thread there are many in depth posts on the subject. I assure u however that galactus is no match for Dark Phoenix. It was phoenix 2 the far weaker avatar who beat a hungry G and a nourished galactus on separate occassions. At the end of the dark phoenix saga the watcher calls the phoenix force the most powerful force in existence. Of course many more powerful entities have been created by marvel since that book which probably hav more power like LT for instance. But at that time galactus was very much around. Take it from the mouth of the watcher. I HOPE YOUR GETTING THIS KG!!!!!!

leonheartmm
galactus cud NOT beat onslaught.

GalacticStorm
Onslaught in his appearance in the comics had the powers of nate, franklin, magneto and xavier. Very powerful mutants and serious heavyweights on earth but on the whole cosmic scale they are minute. When onslaught had franklin he was a child and far from his full potential. That is the franklin Onslaught got his powers from. Not a future full powered franklin. That is the reason galactus would win. Franklins powers would have been the key and if it was a full powered franklins powers onslaught had then yes but sadly that wasnt the case. Galactus could easily take on Onslaught.

leonheartmm
oh hey u forgot that nate grey is more powerful than cable n cable has the power to destroy STARS!!!!!!!, plus, onslaught was far more powerful than just the combined powers of magneto and xavier, read the comics n ull see.

leonheartmm
how else can u explain the way onslaught ****ed the whole marvel earth?

GalacticStorm
Im an avid reader of marvel comics. I have the whole onslaught saga. I used to read Xman, Cable, Soldier X. Im well aware of their capabilities. Without franklin at full potential onslaught doesnt stand a chance against galactus. Nate grey isnt that far away from current god like cable in power and cable got owned by galactus' herald silver surfer. I know Onslaught is a much cooler villain than galactus but serious he is no match for him. Onslaught is a major earth villain galactus is a universal threat.

leonheartmm
again, cable did not get OWNED by silver surfer, he broke the sufer's board and it is said that nothing less than the cosmic power of galactus can mess with the board at all and cable BROKE IT, at his current potential and while he was tryin to supress his dangerous psi power and on top of that it didnt take him any strainous effort to do it either, soo u were saying.............

GalacticStorm
In the end who won that battle? It certainly wasnt cable. Are u now trying to tell me you think either cable or nate grey are more powerful than silver surfer? say that to the others and u will get your a*se laughed off the forum.

leonheartmm
yes i most certainly am saying that, and its just you that finds it so damn ridiculous

leonheartmm
cable is not as expirienced as the surfer, and definately was trying to supress his powers just like he always does because his powers are too much for him to control at his current level.

GalacticStorm
Ok set up a thread asking people who would win out of cable and silver surfer and check their responses. If im not mistaken that thread has occurred already and silver surfer won wiv ease.

leonheartmm
or are u sayin that the surfer is powerful enough to eat stars?

GalacticStorm
no but nor is cable. That type of feat is dark phoenix, galactus level. Are u now trying to say that cable is as powerful as the abstract entities. LMAO laughing

leonheartmm
no, dark pheonix was just an aspect of the pheonix force, it does not have the complete power of the pheonix force, the pheonix force is an abstract, not dark pheonix. plus galactus is overrated, hes supposed to be the third essential entity after eternity n death but hes just another pile of crap that can be beaten by many many many people now.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
ok galactic storm obviously you dont know much about cable i know silver surfer is bad ass i used to read his comics and watch the show but cable can break down molecules and he has some of the most powerful telepathic and telekinetic abilities it might be a close fight but a godlike cable will crush the surfer and he didnt supress cable didnt supress his powers bcs he couldnt handle them, he had to use a lot of his power to keep the organic techno virus in check or it wouldve consumed him

leonheartmm
no no no, cable has in him the potential to be powerful enough to destroy entire stars.

GalacticStorm
Leon. If u want an in-depth look in2 just exactly what the phoenix is then check the recent xmen team vs avengers team thread because its detailed there. As was originally intended the phoenix who saved existence from the m'kraan, the phoenix who ate stars as dark phoenix is one and the same and is jean grey. It was actually her all the time. Thats how the original writers intended then that idea got retconned in 86 but now the jean phoenix thing has reverted to how it used to be. So you're not quite right there.

leonheartmm
not only that but now even after he is free of the techno organic virus, he still tries to use his physical power instead of hi psionic powers because his psionic powers have become far too much for him to handle{a bit like nate} and if he uses them openly, he wont be able to control them and his powers might become a hazard to anything and everything around him, he was also shot point blank twice but didnt die because his powers refused to let him perish.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
ya he is pretty dam powerful he can use them but it would destroy everything he could handle them but he wouldnt be able to use a little at a time if he used them it would all explode at once i know it sounds like im contradicting myself but i dont know any other way to explain it

GalacticStorm
"ok galactic storm obviously you dont know much about cable i know silver surfer is bad ass i used to read his comics and watch the show but cable can break down molecules and he has some of the most powerful telepathic and telekinetic abilities it might be a close fight but a godlike cable will crush the surfer and he didnt supress cable didnt supress his powers bcs he couldnt handle them, he had to use a lot of his power to keep the organic techno virus in check or it wouldve consumed him"

I dont know a lot about cable? Well thats an incorrect presumption. If u read my previos post you'll find out i used to get cable, then i carried on getting it when it changed to soldier x. Im fully aware of his capabilities. What u and leon need to do is make the distinction between powerful by earth standards and powerful by cosmic standards. There has already been a cable vs SS thread. There are many other big cable fans on this board like myself who joined in and are very knowedgeable on him. The result of that thread was SS won and rightly so

leonheartmm
no u misunderstand me galactic storm, what im sayin is that dark pheonix{and any pheonix for that matter be it jean or any1else} is NOT the pheonix force, the thing is that jean has only a FRACTION of the power of the pheonix force and thus is not the same as the cosmic entity named THE PHEONIX FORCE, the pheonix force is the embodiement of passion and all life yet unborn and has practiaclly limitless power, but dark pheonix DOES NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF POWER, it has a very very small fraction of it because of its host's{in this case jean's} mental connection with the pheonix force.

GalacticStorm
If u are truly an SS fan as u claim and u collected his comics as i do then you'd know how silly it is to believe cable is more powerful than SS. He can rearrange things on a molecular level also. But with his power cosmic hes more adept at it than cable

leonheartmm
yea but silver surfer won only cause cable is not as expirienced with his power as SS is with his power and the power cosmic.

DigiMark007
GS has a point. Cable has his limits (can he take Galactus apart molecularly??...LOL). Surfer is cosmic, and wouldn't just be thrown into non-existence by Cable.

Onslaught might have eventually been near Gal and Pheonix, but no way is he there based on what he's done. He didn't do a whole lot, and wasn't even alive for too long. He's a rung or two below the other two beings. And yes, he gave Earth a run for its money....but that was Earth. No cosmic heroes, no world-destroying powers against him, etc. He gave a bunch of muties and half-breeds a good fight, not Galactus and Pheonix.

I'd vote Pheonix on this fight, but certainly wouldn't argue with the Galactus supporters. It would be close.

-DM

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
i was just making an understatement bcs i was gettin fed up with this argument ya im pretty sure ss could win bcs he has an amalgam of many peoples powers and he is more versatile im saying if cable COULD control all his power than ss ios toast so that is a what if scenario even then it would probably be a close fight but everyone has their own opinion and this is just an opinion of one person and im sure i could be wrong and there is a good chance of it.

GalacticStorm
" misunderstand me galactic storm, what im sayin is that dark pheonix{and any pheonix for that matter be it jean or any1else} is NOT the pheonix force, the thing is that jean has only a FRACTION of the power of the pheonix force and thus is not the same as the cosmic entity named THE PHEONIX FORCE, the pheonix force is the embodiement of passion and all life yet unborn and has practiaclly limitless power, but dark pheonix DOES NOT HAVE THAT KIND OF POWER, it has a very very small fraction of it because of its host's{in this case jean's} mental connection with the pheonix force."

Im completely aware of what u meant. I think u misunderstood me. The point i was making by saying that those incarnations of phoenix were all jean is that she as the top avatar did all those things. They are feats of a cosmic scale the likes of which only she and similarly powered cosmic beings are capable of. Nate or Cabe can not eat suns like dark phoenix did LMAO

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
tyah true and also galactus is one of the entity thingys lol and he is pretty high tier but ok if we wunna talk cosmic lets not say [hoenix as jean grey but phoenix as the force itself if any of us can comprehend the phoenix force power

demigawd
Onslaught at max potential would most likely be the most powerful of the three. Dark Phoenix would be in second and Galactus in third. Onslaught at max potential not only had the power of X-man, which is basiscally the highest manifestation of psionic might in the MU, but he also had the power of Franklin Richards, who is Celestial level. Dark Phoenix rivals Galactus in power, but a Celestial exceeds them. However, Onslaught would have a pretty long ways away from reaching that point.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
he neverr reached that point but as you saaid he has some of the most powerful people and on that note im with you but galactus might tie with phoenix for second place bcs galactus is pretty dam powerful

leonheartmm
thas where ur wrong, cable has in him the potential to destroy stars when hes nearly fully in control of his power, cable can also rip the fabric of time to create wormholes, and nate grey had enough energy to save EVERY LIVING THING on the planet after their life forces were harvested from the planet itself. and cable isnt even near his real potential, same goes for nate when he died, u know theres a reason why cable is called GOD LIKE. and just so u know, nono cosmic entities can also do lotsa stuff just like sentry has the power of a million exploding suns but is still only a powered up human.

GalacticStorm
The phoenix force as itself doesnt act independently. In terms of fighting battles as such. Its job is to act as a doctor of the universe. As such it grants its power to certain avatars who perform these duties. That is why people use jean with phoenix. Because she is the phoenix of the white crown and top of the avatars. As such she can tap into however much she needs to accomplish her phoenix duties

GalacticStorm
:thas where ur wrong, cable has in him the potential to destroy stars when hes nearly fully in control of his power"

Youve changed your tune. Theres a big difference between destroying a star and eating one LMAO. Im not gonnaargue that maybe just maybe if he fired full might at a star then he might cause a reaction and could make it explode but even thats quite laughable when u consider millions of asteriods collide with the sun at speed every year

leonheartmm
yea its laughable alright, its downright absurd, but if marvel says that cable can eat stars{i dont see the differnece between destrow and eat, unles ur thinkin that cables gonna have stars served in platter in place of meat balls or sumthin} theb who am i to question marvel?

GalacticStorm
Leon if he ate a star he would consume all its anergy and contain that within his body with no ill effect. Thats quite a major cosmic level feat. He could be from a safe distance and fire at a star to induce a reaction. Thats the difference. I dont think he's capableof either feat. If that single comic does indeed say that then thats a perfect example of bad writing.

GalacticStorm
Please someone who's read this thread am i being really stupid or are leon and cookie just really wrong?

Xplosive

Onslaught true powers are not mystery. And anyone who could fully master Richards powers (this are his pwoers, not Onalsught, he could master them), would overpower big G.
And Cable doesn't have the pwoer to destroy star, nor SS, far from that.
SS defeeted God like Cable, but I think Cable si more pwoerful.

Xplosive
Celestail doesn't exced PF, not a chance.
And of course eating or destrying planet or star, is competlely different. If you destroy planet, someone with enough powerful blast could go to the specific point through Earth, and that would be enough for Earth to be torn apart, but that doens't mean, not even close, the one who did that, has the power to consume Earth with his own energy or power (you can shoot, but it doens't mean you can consume, you need a lot and a lot more energy or power to do that than just blast), not even close, it's completely different, the same go with star.

Lord S
Originally posted by Xplosive
Onslaught true powers are not mystery. And anyone who could fully master Richards powers (this are his pwoers, not Onalsught, he could master them), would overpower big G.
And Cable doesn't have the pwoer to destroy star, nor SS, far from that.
SS defeeted God like Cable, but I think Cable si more pwoerful. Let me rephrase...the extent of Onslaught's true power remains a mystery.

Celestail doesn't exced PF, not a chance.
And of course eating or destrying planet or star, is competlely different. If you destroy planet, someone with enough powerful blast could go to the specific point through Earth, and that would be enough for Earth to be torn apart, but that doens't mean, not even close, the one who did that, has the power to consume Earth with his own energy or power (you can shoot, but it doens't mean you can consume, you need a lot and a lot more energy or power to do that than just blast), not even close, it's completely different, the same go with star. No one said that Celestials are more powerful than the Phoenix Force...only the Dark Phoenix. The Phoenix Force is where she draws her power from, just as SS and Galactus draw their power from the Power Cosmic.

Regarding Onslaught vs. Galactus...earth's superheroes were barely able to defeat Galactus at his weakest...and that was with the help of Dr. Strange. Then again when he came back, weak again, they could not defeat him. Surfer realized this and was forced to become enthralled to the big G once again. The earth would have been toast if he didn't. Basically the same group of heroes were able to subdue Onslaught...not with ease, but they got the job done.

The only matter left open to speculation is what would happen if Onslaught had achieved his fullest potential. Then it may be a different story.

Cosmic Cube
The Phoenix Force is above both of them.

FieryBalrog

No one said that Celestials are more powerful than the Phoenix Force...only the Dark Phoenix. The Phoenix Force is where she draws her power from, just as SS and Galactus draw their power from the Power Cosmic.

the dark phoenix is jean grey under the possession of the Phoenix (as Galactic Storm mentioned, this is the original story and also the current one after numerous revisions and re-revisions). An avatar of the Phoenix taps into the phoenix force to accompish her tasks as needed (like healing the N-galaxy in the crystal). The PF doesnt do anything but through its avatars.

Mider
Onslaought would win in my opinion earth BARELY won against Him only cause the Hulk was able to crack His armor and thats all other then that earth was losing PITUFULLY i mean the guy actually tore the Ruby Of Cyttorack out of Juggernaut Dr Strange said even He could never hope to do that. Onslought probably can tap into the full power of Franklin Richards and combined with X-mans powers even if Franklin Richards powers are not fully developed come on guys Big G and Pheonix are going down X-man is probably the most powerful psychic on earth He pulled someone out of the astral plain witch was never done before He did it and Galactus Himself said He could only beat X-man after they fought for a number of years.

armandovalles
why is onslaught even here? onslaught probly couldnt even handle SS.

leonheartmm
what the hell are you talkin about armandovalles, even thor's MLIJNOR couldnt even DENT onslaught's ARMOUR{keep in mind that the armour itself was one of THE WEAKEST representations of onslaught's true power} the surfer himself admitted that his power cosmic was not on par with MLIJNOR, and not only that, onslaught was far above any NORMAL hero or villian{including dr starnge} at that point in time{where he was far from his true potential} now how the hell do u think, that silver surfer is even in onslaught's league?

Xplosive
Onslaught would tear SS apart easily. No trouble for Onslaught. If Onslaught would master Franklin Ricahrds powers, he would overpower full powered Galactus, but then again, anyone who would master Richards power, would overpower Galactus (but he didn't, so I would go with Galactus) . Now for Onslaght, he will never be back.

GalacticStorm
Dark phoenix wins this no contest

Xplosive
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Dark phoenix wins this no contest

Agree

Lord S
Originally posted by leonheartmm
even thor's MLIJNOR couldnt even DENT onslaught's ARMOUR You must have missed the part where Thor flew into Onslaught to rescue Xavier. Mjolnir is more than capable of penetrating Onlsaught's armour.

Draco69
Cyclops broke the armour...didn't he?

leonheartmm
thor flew INTO onslaught's armour? cyclops broke the armour? are u people high?

Lord S
Originally posted by leonheartmm
thor flew INTO onslaught's armour? cyclops broke the armour? are u people high? Are you? This is straight out of the comics...I'm not making it up. How do you think Prof. X escaped Onslaught? Thor breached his armour and grabbed Xavier.

Did you even bother to read the issues?

jffxex1980
*DP raises her right eyebrow and both Galactus and Onlsuaght flees, stumbling and apologizing to DP at the same time*

Xplosive
Are you? This is straight out of the comics...I'm not making it up. How do you think Prof. X escaped Onslaught? Thor breached his armour and grabbed Xavier.

Did you even bother to read the issues?

Um no, it was mindless Hulk who breached the armor, after that, Thor flew in psionic energy being=Onaslught without armor and he was proved insufficient, Thor didn't have nothing to do with breaching the armor, he couldn't do it with help of others, only Hulk was capable, mindless Hulk.

Mainstream
special hulk huh?

Lord S
Um no, it was mindless Hulk who breached the armor, after that, Thor flew in psionic energy being=Onaslught without armor and he was proved insufficient, Thor didn't have nothing to do with breaching the armor, he couldn't do it with help of others, only Hulk was capable, mindless Hulk. Here's what really happened...Cyclops hit Onslaught as hard as he could, causing the armour to crack...Sue Storm pried open the 'wound'...Thor then burst through, grabbed Xavier, and exited through the back of Onslaught. So technically speaking, Mjolnir didn't pierce Onslaught...Cyclops did.

Xplosive
Here's what really happened...Cyclops hit Onslaught as hard as he could, causing the armour to crack...Sue Storm pried open the 'wound'...Thor then burst through, grabbed Xavier, and exited through the back of Onslaught. So technically speaking, Mjolnir didn't pierce Onslaught...Cyclops did.

It was Hulk who breached the armor, it's fact.

Lord S
On second thought, Mjolnir technically did pierce Onslaught's armour...on the way out of Onslaught. Thor literally flew right through Onslaught.

It was Hulk who breached the armor, it's fact. And you've proven that you know very little of 'facts'. I just told you that Cyclops hit Onslaught, causing his armour to crack. Sue then opened the hole using her power, and Thor flew right through him to rescue Xavier. So Cyclops was the first to pierce his armour, and Thor was second (pierced it from the inside).

Xplosive
On second thought, Mjolnir technically did pierce Onslaught's armour...on the way out of Onslaught. Thor literally flew right through Onslaught.

And you've proven that you know very little of 'facts'. I just told you that Cyclops hit Onslaught, causing his armour to crack. Sue then opened the hole using her power, and Thor flew right through him to rescue Xavier. So Cyclops was the first to pierce his armour, and Thor was second (pierced it from the inside).

Hulk in hadn to hand comabt tore Onslaught armor apart, as I remeber, I will have to see that finla fight again.

Lord S
Hulk in hadn to hand comabt tore Onslaught armor apart, as I remeber, I will have to see that finla fight again. I'm not arguing whether or not Hulk breached his armour...all I'm saying is that others did it before him. You go read the finale...and read Uncanny 336 while you're at it...maybe you'll learn something.

i_ate_galactus
well phoenix is pretty strong and so is galactus, BUT onslaught had magnetos powers, and galactus is covered in a lot of metal to manipulate, maybe even kill him in? and xaviers psy. powers are probly strong enough to enter phoenixs avatars mind and at least keep her from fighting at her best. not to mention all of onslaughts other powers to use at his disposal. But then again again you can make a agrument for any of them, cause cyclops and pissed of hulk broke onslaughts armour and to me that shows the characters great weakness or "mortalness" since cyclops and hulk would never phase galactus's armour lol! now if phoenix made a great big firey hand to arm wrestle galactus that would be crazy!

i_ate_galactus
oh btw i read a comic a while back when onslaught was still out and he beat silver surfer and apocalypse in the same issure i believe, so no ss could not handle onslaught psshhhh OH one more thing, i could eat galactus so i would crush them all anyways, so this question doesnt even matter. i beat the marvel god in thumb war too before he fought dc god, yeah it was crazy.

guy222
dp

Terryc250
wow reviving a 2+ year old thread.. reading the first couple pages was hilarious, ppl actually thinking Onslaught stands a chance against DP and Galactus ahahaha

Bouboumaster
1- Dark Phoenix
2-Galactus
3- Onslaught

Utrigita
Sometimes it's funny to find old threads and see what people meant back then. laughing out loud

Found a thread with myself from the year I started laughing it was hilarious.

guy222
its good to learn

who wins, good buddy

id369

monaroCountry
Onslaught would easily win.

Onslaught made short work of the Phoenix who is a very powerful cosmic entity, an entity on par with Galactus.

Onslaught at first augmented his powers with that two reality benders - Nate Grey and Franklin Richards but has evolved into something far more fearsome and powerful. Notice how Onslaught easily took apart the suit designed to withstand the powers of Franklin Richards (in his adult and full power state).

Onslaught wanted the Heroes to pierce through his amours and rescue the people trapped within (Franklin Richards, Nate Grey and Charles Xavier).

Onslaught V Phoenix

http://picsorban.com/upload/onslaught versus phoenix 1.jpg
http://picsorban.com/upload/onslaught versus phoenix 2.jpg
http://picsorban.com/upload/onslaught versus phoenix 3.jpg

Xplosive
Originally posted by monaroCountry
Onslaught would easily win.

Onslaught made short work of the Phoenix who is a very powerful cosmic entity, an entity on par with Galactus.

Onslaught at first augmented his powers with that two reality benders - Nate Grey and Franklin Richards but has evolved into something far more fearsome and powerful. Notice how Onslaught easily took apart the suit designed to withstand the powers of Franklin Richards (in his adult and full power state).

Onslaught wanted the Heroes to pierce through his amours and rescue the people trapped within (Franklin Richards, Nate Grey and Charles Xavier).

Onslaught V Phoenix

http://picsorban.com/upload/onslaught versus phoenix 1.jpg
http://picsorban.com/upload/onslaught versus phoenix 2.jpg
http://picsorban.com/upload/onslaught versus phoenix 3.jpg

He didn't defeat the Phoenix Force.

Utrigita
Didn't the entire fight take place on the Astral plan?

Either way imo Galactus for the win.

Bouboumaster
The Mighty Galactus win

guy222
I like the concept of Onslaught, but said to rival the Celestials. That always made me laugh

Celestials>Onslaught

Match is between Dark Phoenix and Galactus

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by guy222
I like the concept of Onslaught, but said to rival the Celestials. That always made me laugh

Celestials>Onslaught

Who do you think would win? smile

guy222
I know ur answer smile

I would say Dark Phoenix

monaroCountry
Originally posted by guy222

Celestials>Onslaught

A-poc = Celestial tech

A-poc = Onslaughts play thing.

Xplosive
Dark Phoenix

Mindset
A-poc = Celestial tech

A-poc = Onslaughts play thing. Celestials are only as strong as the tech Apoc got from them, that's news to me! eek!

Lord S
Originally posted by Mindset
Celestials are only as strong as the tech Apoc got from them, that's news to me! eek! Me too.

One of the biggest myths in comics is that Apoc is equal to a Celestial because he uses their tech...when in fact he's actually the biggest joke the MU has ever seen.

joshypooh
Galan wins

Aster Phoenix
Which form of Onslaught?

Endless Mike
Me too.

One of the biggest myths in comics is that Apoc is equal to a Celestial because he uses their tech...when in fact he's actually the biggest joke the MU has ever seen.

I think he got it from the Celestial bargain bin

Aster Phoenix
The last Apocalypse story pretty much showed his tech was not up to the other celestials.

monaroCountry
Onslaught>Dark Phoenix>Galactus

psycho gundam
Me too.

One of the biggest myths in comics is that Apoc is equal to a Celestial because he uses their tech...when in fact he's actually the biggest joke the MU has ever seen. apocalypse strives to surpass the celestials, people assuming he is their level are wrong.

but i have a hunch that he will return as their emissary, he has to preserve the mutant race after all.

Aster Phoenix
Onslaught>Dark Phoenix>Galactus

Depends which Onslaught it is.

Of course O did crush P in one hand and P has beaten G before, so I guess that line of reasoning could work.

the Darkone
Galactus wins, even stated that Galactus in time can erase the Phoenix Force, Dark Phoenix=Normal Galactus pretty much a stalemate.

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by the Darkone
Galactus wins, even stated that Galactus in time can erase the Phoenix Force,
Prove this please. Scans?

Prove this as well.

Mindset
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Which form of Onslaught? Any version loses.

leonheartmm
well if i remember correctly, onslaught took the phoenix force in his hand and extinguished it before stating, "im a god" or sumthing. ill and find the scan

Mindset
I've seen the scan

rokyckyjk
This may just be a bad piece of writing on Marvel's part. however, I once read a Hercules cartoon (many years ago), in which Herc defeated and escaped Galactus by giving him a powerful intoxicating elixir, which Herc had recieved as a present from some alien beings he assisted. If this is so, then Galactus may be susceptible to chemical poisoning. had Galactus drank more of the liquid, would it be possible for him to die from overdosing on it? A strange concept for a being who can eat entire planets and absorb all chemical compounds with them. as Onslaught is a being of pure psionic energy, I doubt that chemicals would have any effect on him. however, would Onslaught be able to get close enough to or be able to trick galactus into drinking intoxicating liquid?....Probably not. If Galactus can absorb energy, could he absorb psionic energy?.....possibly. in my eyes this is still not a closed argument with no definite winner. once you get into all the potentials, full power and weakeneds, and 'not in control of one's power' attributes in debate like this, things become very complicated. On earth, you would be looking at the complete destruction of man kind. If the battle took place in outer space then who knows? we may have found a chink in Galactus's armour though.....get him wrecked on alien alcohol!

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by rokyckyjk
This may just be a bad piece of writing on Marvel's part. however, I once read a Hercules cartoon (many years ago), in which Herc defeated and escaped Galactus by giving him a powerful intoxicating elixir, which Herc had recieved as a present from some alien beings he assisted. If this is so, then Galactus may be susceptible to chemical poisoning. had Galactus drank more of the liquid, would it be possible for him to die from overdosing on it? A strange concept for a being who can eat entire planets and absorb all chemical compounds with them. as Onslaught is a being of pure psionic energy, I doubt that chemicals would have any effect on him. however, would Onslaught be able to get close enough to or be able to trick galactus into drinking intoxicating liquid?....Probably not. If Galactus can absorb energy, could he absorb psionic energy?.....possibly. in my eyes this is still not a closed argument with no definite winner. once you get into all the potentials, full power and weakeneds, and 'not in control of one's power' attributes in debate like this, things become very complicated. On earth, you would be looking at the complete destruction of man kind. If the battle took place in outer space then who knows? we may have found a chink in Galactus's armour though.....get him wrecked on alien alcohol!

The said liquid was a godly alcool. What happened next? Galactus pulled out his at and chilled with Hercules.

Galan007
This may just be a bad piece of writing on Marvel's part. however, I once read a Hercules cartoon (many years ago), in which Herc defeated and escaped Galactus by giving him a powerful intoxicating elixir, which Herc had recieved as a present from some alien beings he assisted. If this is so, then Galactus may be susceptible to chemical poisoning. had Galactus drank more of the liquid, would it be possible for him to die from overdosing on it? thumb up

haw-som

zinaldo
Dark phoenix definitely to my eyes takes this as i have just seen galactus defeated in the war of kings issue of black bolt,even surfer seemed to get fried by some woman being looking like nova but just stronger .

galactusischere
Originally posted by zinaldo
Dark phoenix definitely to my eyes takes this as i have just seen galactus defeated in the war of kings issue of black bolt,even surfer seemed to get fried by some woman being looking like nova but just stronger .

Galactus rapes man DP doesn't stand a chance.
I mean he amped surfer so that he was able to beat T&A

jalek moye

I thought he thought the attempt funny so he decided to just sit there for a moment and talk to Hercules and spare the world.

-Pr-
Originally posted by galactusischere
Galactus rapes man DP doesn't stand a chance.
I mean he amped surfer so that he was able to beat T&A

he amped surfer so that he could survive a little bit of the crunch and t&a's attacks. surfer didn't beat them under his own power.

don't see how that applies to the thread, though.

peejayd
* nevermind Onslaught... the battle goes down to Galactus and Dark Phoenix, not sure who wins though... smile

galactusischere
Originally posted by peejayd
* nevermind Onslaught... the battle goes down to Galactus and Dark Phoenix, not sure who wins though... smile

obviously big G as most people have agreed

h1a8
Didn't Magneto go toe to toe with Phoenix? I thought I seen scans of it but don't know how it went.

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
Didn't Magneto go toe to toe with Phoenix? I thought I seen scans of it but don't know how it went.

xorneto hurt a phoenix powered jean. not the same thing.

Blanket
Originally posted by h1a8
Didn't Magneto go toe to toe with Phoenix? I thought I seen scans of it but don't know how it went. To go directly against what luap said...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8204/classicxmen01816tn3.jpg
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6770/classicxmen01817rd4.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6794/classicxmen01818ee7.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blanket
To go directly against what luap said...

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/8204/classicxmen01816tn3.jpg
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/6770/classicxmen01817rd4.jpg
http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6794/classicxmen01818ee7.jpg

oh, that. still not the same though, in fairness...

Blanket
Originally posted by -Pr-
oh, that. still not the same though, in fairness... Magneto is the bomb, and Phoenix would have been made to look worse had she continued drawing power.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blanket
Magneto is the bomb, and Phoenix would have been made to look worse had she continued drawing power.

oh, i agree with you. just saying that it's not dark phoenix, is all...

guy222
Between DP and Big G

starlock
Dark Phoenix....for the win

pinksushi1
If the Phoenix Force is indeed vulnerable to reality warping powers, then Onslaught could conceivably defeat Dark Phoenix, assuming that Onslaught is in his final form (Xavier, Magneto, X-Man and Franklin Richards). Franklin Richards' reality warping powers should be able to overwhelm Dark Phoenix, assuming that the aforementioned criteria are correct. Without Franklin Richards' powers and abilities, Onslaught would eventually be defeated by Dark Phoenix.

Dark Phoenix should be able to defeat a very well fed Galactus (near full power), since the Phoenix Force itself can defeat Galactus. The Phoenix Force does not tire like Galactus does. Galactus needs to feed on planets and such to re-energize himself. The Phoenix Force does not need to feed on anything to re-energize herself, even though she consumes stars. As a matter of fact, the Phoenix Force gets stronger when she engages in battle. Galactus will eventually tire, even if he is near full power. Besides, the Phoenix Force is multi-versal, where as Galactus is universal.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by pinksushi1
If the Phoenix Force is indeed vulnerable to reality warping powers, then Onslaught could conceivably defeat Dark Phoenix, assuming that Onslaught is in his final form (Xavier, Magneto, X-Man and Franklin Richards). Franklin Richards' reality warping powers should be able to overwhelm Dark Phoenix, assuming that the aforementioned criteria are correct. Without Franklin Richards' powers and abilities, Onslaught would eventually be defeated by Dark Phoenix.

Dark Phoenix should be able to defeat a very well fed Galactus (near full power), since the Phoenix Force itself can defeat Galactus. The Phoenix Force does not tire like Galactus does. Galactus needs to feed on planets and such to re-energize himself. The Phoenix Force does not need to feed on anything to re-energize herself, even though she consumes stars. As a matter of fact, the Phoenix Force gets stronger when she engages in battle. Galactus will eventually tire, even if he is near full power. Besides, the Phoenix Force is multi-versal, where as Galactus is universal.

Galactus stated on panel to be able to beat her. Phoenix mentionned that he might be able to outpower her.

galactusischere
Originally posted by pinksushi1

Galactus would eat her.
Galactus is multi-versal.
I've posted the scans in the 'Dark Phoenix' thread.

pinksushi1
It has been stated in the comics that Galactus is only universal. Galactus is not multi-versal. I don't know where you are getting that impression. Galactus at full power is Eternity and even Eternity can't defeat the Phoenix Force. Also, Galactus can not "eat" the Phoenix Force.

The Phoenix Force is indeed multi-versal. Rachel Grey already defeated Galactus. White Phoenix of the Crown easily manipulated the Universe. Galactus has never accomplished such a feat. The Phoenix Force will get stronger as soon as she uses her powers. Galactus will become weaker when he engages the Phoenix Force in battle.

galactusischere
Just go to the "Dark Phoenix" thread already, and skip to page 3 and bump it if u wanna argue.

pinksushi1
I don't want to argue. I want to engage in a proper debate.

When have we ever seen the Phoenix Force needing to feed to re-energize herself?

Galactus needs to feed to re-energize himself. That is a disadvantage for Galactus.

galactusischere
Yea, if you want to have a proper debate, go bump that thread. I have already had a short battle with GalacticStorm(he knows alot about Phoenix). I've got time since there is a huge blizzard outside.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.