graviton v classic magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
'pologies if this one has been done. tough to check out ALL the previous matchups!

i always thought graviton was an underused/miswritten character. i mean the guy can control one of the fundamental forces of the universe! but i guess magneto can as well.

thoughts?

colossus17
magneto is far more experienced and versatile then graviton.....gravtion could potentially be more powerful........but he is not no

Mainstream
Originally posted by colossus17
magneto is far more experienced and versatile then graviton.....gravtion could potentially be more powerful........but he is not no

all true. ugh but it doesn't make me feel better about Mags though.

who?-kid
This has been discussed already, and I voted for Graviton.

DigiMark007
Mags with his new powers would probably win...but against classic magneto, Gravitron wins.

-DM

demigawd
Magnetism > Gravity.

Magneto > Graviton.

Classic, new, old or otherwise.

CaPtAiN cOoKiE
essentially gravity can move anything and he could put a gravity field anywhere and pull everything towards it it just boils down to wether gravity or magnetism ios stronger im votin gravity bcs he is more versitile bcs he can move more things but he could also just make a HUGE gravity field and make somethin like a black hole.correct?

demigawd
Magnetism exerts more influence than gravity. We THINK gravity exerts more influence because it functions over a longer range than magnetism. So, if magneto and Graviton were, like, PLANETS away from each other, then Graviton MIGHT win. But they're not, so Magneto wins. Also, Magneto has demonstrated unified power - making him achieve singularity. He could just, well, CANCEL Graviton if he wanted to.

Quick Freeze
i've never been able to fully comprehend the powers of these 2. i know magneto controls magnetism and graviton contrals gravity but what does that really mean. cant graviton just have false gravity pull magneto in all directions?

long pig
Graviton control gravity and nothing else, Magneto control magnetism and through that controls gravity as well to a lesser degree. Probably not as well versed in gravity like Graviton, but enough to cancel him out.

If Graviton had full power or could use full gravitational power, he could destroy the planet, as could Magneto.

leonidas
this is true of ELECTROMAGNETISM, but i don't BELIEVE mags has control over that. the electromagnetic force holds atoms and molecules together. clearly mags cannot command this level of power (not even sure NEW mags can) or he could literally will a person into his/her constituent molecules and atoms! and the thing is - even though gravity is the lesser of all the fundamental forces, in graviton's case it doesn't HAVE to be because he's controlling it! i think this would be an epic confrontation, but if handled by a skilled and impartial writer, i believe gravs would eventually come out on top. maybe . . .

Beyonder
Originally posted by demigawd
Magnetism exerts more influence than gravity. We THINK gravity exerts more influence because it functions over a longer range than magnetism. So, if magneto and Graviton were, like, PLANETS away from each other, then Graviton MIGHT win. But they're not, so Magneto wins. Also, Magneto has demonstrated unified power - making him achieve singularity. He could just, well, CANCEL Graviton if he wanted to.

Magnetism = Gravity, neither is stronger.

Laminator_X
Classic Mags did not have the level of control over the electromagnetic force that Graviton has over Gravity. Just the same, I'd give it to Mags for experience and willpower.

leonidas
no it doesn't. it is a physically quantifiable number. gravity is the weakest of the 4 fundamental forces, but i don't think magnetism itself can be CALLED one of the fundamental forces. if mags can control ELECTROMAGNETISM (much differnt than simply magnetism) THEN he might win. i don't know if he controls that though. mag's experience aside (can't hold it against grav that mags turned out to be so popular and so has had so many appearances!) in this case, i think gravity still wins out.

Beyonder
Originally posted by leonidas

no it doesn't. it is a physically quantifiable number. gravity is the weakest of the 4 fundamental forces, but i don't think magnetism itself can be CALLED one of the fundamental forces. if mags can control ELECTROMAGNETISM (much differnt than simply magnetism) THEN he might win. i don't know if he controls that though. mag's experience aside (can't hold it against grav that mags turned out to be so popular and so has had so many appearances!) in this case, i think gravity still wins out.

It's not the weakest. Gravity seems weak but only because it escapes into higher dimensions.

kgkg
Originally posted by Beyonder
It's not the weakest. Gravity seems weak but only because it escapes into higher dimensions.

Did you get this from string theory? You are right

11 dimensions do you think marvel knows that LMAO

lol I don't think marvel are too concern about forces and there strength level.

demigawd
Originally posted by leonidas

For one, there isn't a difference between magnetism and electromagnetism - electromagnetism is simply a longer name for it. Electricity and magnetism are different expressions of the same force. Magnetism is always electromagnetism. Secondly, he's been able to generate radiation along the entire EM wavelength, he's generated electricity, and he's manipulated gravity (and this was before his latest powerup), so yeah, it's definitely "electromagnetism", and he's wielded it at a molecular level.

Electromagnetism does not equal gravity, unless you're talking about unified theory, in which case you'd be correct. HOWEVER, Gravitron does NOT control gravity. He controls gravitrons, which is the transport unit for gravity. That doesn't make him the gravity equivalent of Magneto. Magneto can control EM energy - Gravitron does not control gravitic energy, just the governing gravitons. Magneto also controls gravitrons, so he could just cancel the surrounding gravitrons and render Gravitron powerless. Why? Well, here's the kicker - gravitrons respond more readily to electromagnetism than to gravity.

So Magneto has Gravitron beat at his own game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.