michael korvac (the ENEMY) v odin, zeus, onslaught

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
think the big 3 could take him?

guy222
Originally posted by leonidas
think the big 3 could take him?

Leo, is this Onslaught at full power

tkitna
I'm split with this, but i'm inclined to go with korvac on a slight majority. 6/10.

Dammit, i'm not sure.

starlock
Team wins

I believe it was a apprentice(serpentine like creature-korugar?) of the future sorcerer supreme(strange) who captured korvac when he inhabited his past baby ancestor(whew) in GOTG
i think magic is the key here and i will give the team the win

Zebedee
Korvac wins. Im the enemy saga. He explained he had wanted to hide himself and avoid a fight with the powers of the Universe. His plan was for Eternity to succumb to him like a disease, so he could remake the Universe in his image. When the Avengers uncovered him. He was not afraid. He claimed he would win anyway. It was only the betrayal of love from Corina that caused him to give up.

Galan007
Can someone explain Mike Korvac to me?

I see him in quite a few threads, but I don't know much about the guy.

Thanks. smile

Zebedee
Originally posted by Galan007
Can someone explain Mike Korvac to me?

I see him in quite a few threads, but I don't know much about the guy.

Thanks. smile

Sure. He was Korvac the Machine man. An evil character, a second stringer and he led the Guardians of Galaxy minions of evil. He was defeated by them with the aid of Thor. He did though download all the info in Galactuses data bases. As he did this he became transformed. He knew everything Galactus did and basically became a being weilding vast cosmic power. He never lost to the Avengers, he let himself be killed. He basically toyed with them. He did not want to hurt them. They were powerless against him. After he had died he fought as part of the Grandmasters legion of the Dead against the Avengers in a Marvel 2 in 1. It was an awful story. Let's forget that Marvel two in one. What happened later I don't know?

That's all I read with him in. In the Enemy arc he did some amazing things like alter reality so Starhawk didn't know he existed.

He was not evil in the Enemy saga he wanted to be a benevolent dictator.

Cheesy but good story. Read it.

smile

Galan007
Originally posted by Zebedee
Sure. He was Korvac the Machine man. An evil character, a second stringer and he led the Guardians of Galaxy minions of evil. He was defeated by them with the aid of Thor. He did though download all the info in Galactuses data bases. As he did this he became transformed. He knew everything Galactus did and basically became a being weilding vast cosmic power. He never lost to the Avengers, he let himself be killed. He basically toyed with them. He did not want to hurt them. They were powerless against him. After he had died he fought as part of the Grandmasters legion of the Dead against the Avengers in a Marvel 2 in 1. It was an awful story. Let's forget that Marvel two in one. What happened later I don't know?

That's all I read with him in. In the Enemy arc he did some amazing things like alter reality so Starhawk didn't know he existed.

He was not evil in the Enemy saga he wanted to be a benevolent dictator.

Cheesy but good story. Read it.

smile I'll need to read that.

Thanks. smile

llagrok
When the UN was about to hit him, he killed himself so that a different version of him would be reborn. Starhawk and some other superheroes kept on traveling through time looking for different Korvac' and stopping them before they received/learned how to control his power.

quanchi112
korvac would prolly win this one.

Zebedee
Originally posted by Galan007
I'll need to read that.

Thanks. smile

No probs, until the great darkness saga, it was the most groundbreaking team threat story. You can see a lot of parallels between the two especcially in the build up. Jim Shooter I think wrote it. I still believe in many ways he was the greatest visionary between the Lee Kirby time and the ascent of Alan Moore. Marvel was never better than when he was in charge and Valiant was almost a contender. Evant the Defiant Universe had it's moments of inspiration. Charlemange and War Dancer for instance and even the world of Plasm.

guy222
bumprav

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.