old movie "Punisher" vS new movie "Punisher"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
old movie "Punisher" vS new movie "Punisher"

srankmissingnin
Dolph Lundgren... lmao

black wolverine
lol i forgot all aboutn that movie wait a minute did marvel have anything to do wit dat movie or was punisher just a crackhead by him self and no label

new movie is betta but i still like the old 1

Avalonofthewind
Never saw the new one...I heard it sucks...opinions?
Saw the old one...I remember he killed tons of people. *Thumbs up*

FistOfThe North
I liked the old one better than the new one. Travolta sucked as a bad guy once again. The "new movie"Punisher wasn't as tormented as the old movie version. he had hearty laughs with that neighbor kid and this was late in the movie. The Punisher never has a laugh. Dolph L would kick his ass. This new Frank Castle was to emotional (sweet) for me. The Punisher is heartless. Sometimes i think he's a badguy.... What is he anyway. good? or bad.. prob in between. Anyway.
Old Pun Wins!

jinzin
Yeah i'd venture to say that the old punisher would win. While they're both in pretty good physical condition dolph is bigger and has better h2h remember when he fought all those machine gun totin ninjas coming down the slides? lol. good times. While the new punisher seemed to just be more mortal. He was way more human than dlph's character appears to be. IMO anyway. With weapons though, it seems dolph is probably better on the fly while the new punisher would probably waste him if given decent prep time.

King Burger
I loved the old movie. there was an atmosphere
of doom and depression underneath it all.

And Lungren kicked serious a** throughout the
whole film.

The two villians were also pretty cool both the
guy who eventually works with the Punisher to
get his kid back, and the Yakusa leader.

Great movie!

jinzin
I hated it when i was a kid....it needed more kung fu fighting IMO but I can appreciate it slightly more now.......I just have to reeeeeeally try hard to ignore the bad acting. lol. still better than most of te crap I see nowdays. Amityville horror anyone?

Fanboy
New Punisher.

Joker1237
the old one. I mean the guy played IVY DRAGO. I MUST BREAK YOU. YOU WILL LOSE.

Thsos words alone will scare the new punisher. lol

mr.smiley
In a fight the old one,but overall the new punisher was soooooooooooo much better.

ragesRemorse
for the budget of the original, it was a damn masterpiece. The original punisher had a far better story, and dialogue, but tanked with the acting and production.

the new punisher is just 50 years of cliche vigalante and revenge stories crammed into a 90 minute movie. the new punisher felt as if it had very little to do with franks character.

jinzin
agreed...

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by jinzin
Amityville horror anyone?

was that really that bad? let me ask you this, is it bad even for people who like bad movies? I was so tempted to see it because i have a fetish for bad horror movies.

jinzin
I love bad horror movies...but this just sucked...it didn't even have a good "make fun of it" kind of value......it's no evil dead that's for sure....

grey fox
I love bad horror movies...but this just sucked...it didn't even have a good "make fun of it" kind of value......it's no evil dead that's for sure....

yup evil dead was bad but very funny i haven't actually seen the old punisher movie someone get me a link or a pic or SOMETHING and i'll be able to judge

Jabberwock
Oh, man, has it been a long while since I've seen the old Punisher movie. The dirty nasty feel of the old movie really made the movie, even if it was accidental. It felt like PUNISHER.

The new Punisher, as happy as I was to see it replace the older version, just wasn't as grimy or mean. It seemed to "clean". Then again, the older version never actually called him the Punisher. Ever. Maybe once or twice.

Tough call, but I say old Punisher.

mr.smiley
Yeah but old punisher ran through things way too fast.They can't locate him,yet he rides around in the sewer with a motorcyle?

whirlysplat
Yeah i'd venture to say that the old punisher would win. While they're both in pretty good physical condition dolph is bigger and has better h2h remember when he fought all those machine gun totin ninjas coming down the slides? lol. good times. While the new punisher seemed to just be more mortal. He was way more human than dlph's character appears to be. IMO anyway. With weapons though, it seems dolph is probably better on the fly while the new punisher would probably waste him if given decent prep time.

Both films were rubbish imo Punisher does not translate well into movies, The revenge flick is a thing of the past its all been done.

They just seem naasty now, If you are a fan and want to see the nastiest watch the Exterminator, Its early 80's but more like the Punisher than the Punisher movies big grin

ragesRemorse
revenge is the oldest story in the book. The revenge premise will NEVER get old. The punisher should by all means be a fairly easy story to adapt on film, simple and straight forward.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.