The All-Wizard Team vs...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blair Wind
ok in my hands i have a Wizard magizine that says that this team is the best that they could come up with for the best team ever....

Captain America
function:leader

Superman
function: raw power

Ironman
function: technology

Phoenix (code name only)
function: mentalist

Invisible Woman
function: defense

Nightcrawler
function: stealth

Dr. Fate(Kent Nelson)
function: magic

now i want you guys to come up with teams of seven that could beat these guys and a description of how....and everybody has to be below Silver Surfer level. Can you do it??

GalacticStorm
Cyclops
leader

Thor (physically strong, plus with mjolnir commands the storm and certain mystical abilities)
raw power

Forge(Can make inventions and the most advanced technology out of virtually nothing)
Technology

Xavier(supreme telepath of marvel earth. Extremely skilled and has taken down more powerful telepaths than himself)
Mentalist

Magneto(With his command over the electromagnetic spectrum he can create immensely powerful forcefields. Erect metal walls or redirect attacks thru wormholes)
Defense

Psylocke(Crimson Dawn powers) (A powerful telepath so she could cloud enemies minds plus she has a shadow form and can transport thru shadows to any place on earth)
stealth

Dr Strange(Sorcerer supreme of earth. Commands vast mystical energies, possesses and has knowledge of powerful mystical artifacts and is skilled enough to defeat far more powerful enemies than himself)
Magic

Sentry
Captain America = Cyclops - leader

Superman = Magni(Son of Thor, physically stronger and more durable than Classic Thor) - Strength

Iron man = Mainframe - technology

Phoenix (code name only) = Moon Dragon - mentalist

Invisible Woman = Quasar - protection

Nightcrawler = Deadpool - stealth

Dr. Fate(Kent Nelson) = Bravado(Son of Thor, class 80, durability of Classic Thor, well versed in Asgardian mystical arts) - magic

ScarletSpider
Captain America = Batroc, eazily zee equal, and moreso of ze sissy Capitan, who muzt uze sissified super soldier serums to be able to compete. Batroc Ze Leaper, iz ze bettar man!

Superman = Hal Jordan Green Lantern (green Kryptonite, anyone?)

Iron man = Vostok--Russian android who can psionically control technology. Stark won't be able to do anything within an oversized, unresponsive sardine can.

Phoenix (code name only) = Cable/X-Man

Invisible Woman = Songbird. Solid sound shapes, plus high-pitched frequency screams to affect things on subconscious levels. And, her solid sound has been shown to easily go through Sue's shields.

Nightcrawler = Thin Man.

Dr. Fate(Kent Nelson) = Can't really think of one. Dr. Strange is an obvious choice. Both companies need to work on bolstering their mystics.

Blair Wind
hey great responses guys.....but if i could ask one small favor....could you also put a scenerio as to what the fight would go like...i mean its a team battle basically, you can find people that are like certain characters but how would they fight all of them as a team???

demigawd
Pfft. I'll go to war with the team I put together in the "deal with anything" thread any day! They would OWN the Wizard team!

demigawd
Here:

Unification Avengers
=============

Black Panther - leader. He's as militarily sound as Cap, as smart as Reed/Tony/Doom and an unparalled politician and strategist. This comes in handy for dealing with pissed off Kree, Shi'Ar - he could negotiate a lot of things and avoid wars altogether. When that fails, he could lead the Avengers AND combined military forces to battle. He also has vast technological resources at his command. When they encounter an unknown enemy and retrieve a weapon, he can take that back to Wakanda with his team and prep just about anything to deal with it. He also has the power of Wakanda at his command.

Thor - because he's THOR, man! He also has magic bases covered. As leader of Asgard, he has that entire magical army at his command.

God Cable - has the psionic bases covered. Also the team communicator - he can silently coordinate the team when battling over large distances, using commands given to him by Panther. He's connected to the X-men and X-Force, so can call them in as necessary.

Ikaris - large scale matter manipulation, energy projection and psionics, as well as leadership of the Eternals, so he can call them in as necessary. If Cable goes down, he becomes their psionic backup.

Sentry - the muscle on the team. The enforcer. Any plan Panther has, Sentry can execute it.

Quasar - large scale energy projection, ranged attacks, and the ability to affect large numbers of things at once. With Panther's brilliance, he can build anything instantly on the battlefield.

Dr. Strange - covers the mystic threats and wields the power of the Vishanti.

Scenario: Sentry kills them all. Thor picks off the survivors.

*flex*

Swanky-Tuna
Four Thanoses, a Cable, and a... Dr. Strange? Can I do that?

Khellendros
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Four Thanoses, a Cable, and a... Dr. Strange? Can I do that?
Only if you've deluded yourself into thinking Thanos is below Silver Surfer level.

Khellendros
(Damn editing time limit...)

Okay, here I go.

My team:

Mr. Majestic: Leader, strategist, powerhouse. Stornger than current Supes, none of his weaknesses.

Engineer: Science/technology. Can build anything out of thin air, literally. Has exchanged her blood for nine pints of liquid machinery. Is incredible genius who can design machinery that can contain the heart of the sun and who cured cancer by staring at her breakfast too long.

The Doctor: Earth's shaman. Magical skill/extrasensory perception. Has access to the mystical and practical knowledge of all humanity.

Taskmaster/Midnighter: Wetwork. Assassinations/demolitions.

Martian Manhunter: Mentalist, backup strategist, powerhouse, recon/infiltration.

The Drummer: Information and intel. Talks to machines. Can extract information from anything from interstellar transmissions to computer modems to old spell locations without effort.

For all the big flashy interstellar threats you have Majestros, MM and The Engineer. For subtler secret mission type things, you have Task and Midnighter. And for the scary mystical/demonic threats and natural disasters you have The Doctor.

Blair Wind
ok um gonna try and attack demi's people....and im making this up as I go ok??...ok first off IW makes EVERYONE invisible ( on her team) jean communicates with them as every one listens to Cap.....cap and nightcrawler go to take on black panther....and as cool as he his BP cant take Nightcrawler and cap both invisible.....Supes goes to take on Ikaris.....while jean and IW try and take Cable....he has to fight off jeans telepathic attacts, jeans telekinisis, Iw bubles in his head...thats alot....ironman in this time has taken scamatics off of jean on how to make a mutant supressor, and makes it out of five tooth picks, a stick of gum, some rum, and a part of his magnetic system....jean distracts him while IW puts it on him.....iron man hits him then makes him go bye bye.....all this time Doc fate has been trying to take on Sentry, Strange and Thor and is losin badly.....but then Jean, IW, Ironman, Cap, and Nightcrawler all join in......supes and nightcrawler take on thor....nightcrawler teleports supes around punches widly....while IW puts a bubble in his head to make him go unconscious...then Jean makes Strange think that Sentry is the bad guy who just made Ironman and Cap pass out....then the two Docs take on Sentry...while being sheilded by IW and beat Sentry....??? pretty weak but i really cant think of anything....if anyone else wants to try and take teams on go for it...

DigiMark007
Khellendros stole my Authority members (actually it's the other way around...reading him talk about them is what got me into reading Authority) so I'll have to try and find some other people (but not entirely)

1. The Tick: Leader (why the hell not), could kick Cap's ass. Also some brute power.

2. Captain Marvel: almost as powerful as Superman + magic

3. The Engineer: Like Khell said, she's basically like a GL with machinery and technology.

4. Manhunter: Telepathy plus some brute force.

5. Gravitron: Messes with gravity and protects whole team (Sue's actually really decent for defense though)

6. Spider-Man (with a black costume): nuff said.

7. The Doctor: Dr. Strange on roids. Also very ecologically minded (a plus in my book). Probably pushes the "below Surfer" limit, but we don't really know so I'm stickin' with it.

Manhunter with his phasing and Spider-Man take care of the covert stuff. The planetary-level stuff is handled by everyone but Spider-Man. With the possible exception of Iron Man/Engineer, I'd take my team's members over any of Team Wizard's corresponding members.

And Tick gives the orders, makes them matching costumes, and organizes company picnics!

-DM

ScarletSpider
Why are you guys even trying? I've got Batroc. It's over.

Khellendros
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Why are you guys even trying? I've got Batroc. It's over.
And I have the Midnighter. It was over before you woke up last week!

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Khellendros
Only if you've deluded yourself into thinking Thanos is below Silver Surfer level. Like reading the entire first post before posting is required.

Avalonofthewind
Leader = Batman

Power = Zod

Tech = Cyborg supes (he can control anyones tech at will or create)

Mind = Martian Manhunter

Defense = Green Lantern

Stealth = Solid Snake (hell..who does it better?)

Magic = Dr Strange or Dark Schneider (manga/anime)

My team would beat wizards team without a sweat.

Blair Wind
ok somethings wrong and i keep seeing the same threads on all the pages and i had to search for this one so im bumping it and also askin for people to attack other people with my Wizaed team if you want to.....

DigiMark007
Maybe I misinterpreted what you said, but we can fight other people!? Ok, cool.

Gravitron makes a shield for us and the Doctor levitates everyone and we start floating around looking for heads to smash. I find Khellendros' team and decide to take him out first since this forum only has room for one Authority/Tolkien fanboy.

We have three members in common (Engineer, Manhunter, and Doctor) so they all start fighting their counterparts. Then Cpt. Marvel engages Majestic, The Tick goes for Midnighter, Spider-Man fights Taskmaster, and Gravitron fights...the Drummer?

Majestic is giving Marvel a handful, but Marvel has magic on his side too...they're fighting to a draw essentially. Midnighter tells the Tick that he knows exactly how their fight will go....except that no one can ever know what the Tick will do, not even himself. So Midnighter's calculating powers are worhtless against him. Tick harmlessly flings a spoon at MNer, a move he did not predict, then proceeds to pound his face in.

I don't know who the drummer is...looks like Gravitron would destroy him then go help Marvel with Majestic.

Taskmaster is fighting well, and has copied SM's technique, but he doesn't have the raw physical talent to back it up. Some spider-sense enhanced reflexes, and 10-ton strength punches, and TMer is down.

But then I realize that I really don't mind Khellendros, and that our teams are too similar to make an interesting fight, and everyone sits down for tea (Earl Grey for me)

-DM

P.S. Honestly, these teams aren't the best for brawling...they're designed to handle various kinds of threats, thus Spider-Man wouldn't be my first choice if I knew I'd be fighting 7-Man powerhouse teams on a regular basis...but maybe I just misinterpreted what Blair Wind said.

Blair Wind
yea u did...i meant use the Wizard team to try and fight others.....to Defend the wizard writers...but thats a cool idea.....go for it.....

Blair Wind
and bump......evil face

Draco69
You guys do realize the threadstarter said the heroes ALL have to be BELOW Silver Surfer?

Sentry, Ikaris, and Mr. Majestic don't fit the bill.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Blair Wind
ok in my hands i have a Wizard magizine that says that this team is the best that they could come up with for the best team ever....

Captain America

Superman

Ironman

Phoenix (code name only)

Invisible Woman

Nightcrawler

Dr. Fate(Kent Nelson)

now i want you guys to come up with teams of seven that could beat these guys and a description of how....and everybody has to be below Silver Surfer level. Can you do it??

Midnighter

Black Adam

The Engineer

X-Man

Hal Jordan

Martian Manhunter

Shaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.