CGI in the Star Wars films

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand Moff Gav
Now i think that the CGI in the SW movies is great it really expands on what can happen and what charecters can do.For example Obi Wans flying threw Coroscant on the droid or Yoda.But are they using it where they dont need to?

The answer YES.

What they do they do well but somtimes when things could be made they oppted to use CG the clones for example they could have been made for real but no they used CG which for me ruins it because the troopers become unreal they dont have the same impact as stormtroopers because the are real the can be touched felt but CG charecters cant.Not that i dont like CG charecters in fact they are great but never as good as "real" ones. It also anoys me that sets that could have been made werent.Now people will say things about the budget and cost effectiveness but come on im sure that the garage where Anikan takes his temper didnt need that CG back drop it could have been made. I use that example because the lighting makes it look really unreal well it does for me.

But i will say again i like the films and CG so lets not have people PMing me telling me how wrong i am (somthings people said about the Alec Guiness thing was rather hurtful) if you do PM me keep it semy civl pleasseeee

ickeris2003
I think GL just go to excited with CG and I really dont like it. I mean it sometimes looks ok but I believe movies look better when you build sets etc. Oh well I guess thats how we are going to live with these days. CG everywhere. Sets, Props Etc. look so much better. Like the spaceships they use in space look much better than the ones from CG. But the fact he used CG on clonetroopers really bothered me. Why not hire extras?! Oh yeah I forgot, all that money is going to CG.

HAROLD
There's already a thread concerning SW visual effects.

Grand Moff Gav
oh well there you go

i didnt realise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.