Superman vs...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Flash
Some very strange event causes the Man of Steel to go into the real world.

Somewhere on earth, a very pissed of jplatinum because Superman is getting a lot of hyp from saving people, challenges Superman to fight him in the ring; hand to hand. For some unknown reason, he gets two kryptonite rings mailed to him and decides to use it in his fight.

So now the fight will start. Who will win? Does Superman stand a chance? Will jplatinum block all of Superman's punches and strike him 5 times in a second?

IMO I think jplatinum is too fast. I mean Superman has nothing on him since jplatinum will just block all of Superman's punches. And those k rings he has will really hurt Supes.

colossus17
sups just needs to lay one good punch before the kryptonite starts to affect him and its all over.......

Swanky-Tuna
I'm sure Superman would disqualify himself by leaving the ring to handle the kryptonite from a distance. Or be daring and grab the rings off jplatinum and toss them through the roof.

The Flash
Nah. jplatinum won't let that happen. He's too fast for Superman. Remember he can punch 5 times in one second. The Man of Steel has nothing on him in the real world!

Swanky-Tuna
I forgot. If Superman can't punch 6 times in a second, he's dead.

The Flash
Superman is good as dead in the real world.

nigel45
I had a feeling a thread like this was going to be made.

juggernaut74
Did I miss something somewhere?

Quick Freeze
another one

Swanky-Tuna
Poking fun at jplatinum basing his fights against daredevil and batman purely on how many punches he can throw in a second and how fast he can throw one punch.

juggernaut74
A real person can punch 5 times in a second?

Swanky-Tuna
Yeah. I haven't seen it or looked it up or anything but it seems feasible.

juggernaut74
My cousin is a professional boxer and I know for sure he cannot punch 5 times a second. The only way somebody can punch five times a second is if they are 1 inch punches, and those are not gonna hurt anybody.

Swanky-Tuna
I could 1 inch punch 5 times in a second. But it's some martial arts thing. I don't even see why he's boasting about the 5 punches unless it's a MA status thing. It's not like it'd help you in a fight unless you were against a mook.

Cosmic Cube
Anyone could punch five times in a second. My mother could probably do it. People don't understand how long a second is. A sprinter can run aproximately 30 feet in one second.

leonheartmm
bruce lee could punch 8 times a second and that is punch something 8 times a second that was 3 feat away.{he shows it in 1 of his movies too}

Cosmic Cube
His arms are three feet long?

jplatinum
Everyone who mocks me is stupid.
Of course a well conditioned human body can punch 5 times in a second.
Some people are so ignorant and stupid, dude.
I thought you dudes were smart, but some of you prove me wrong every
time you stroke a post on your keyboard.

Hell no I would not fight superman unless I had kryptonite or an army of well armed millions of people with me.
I choose batman and daredevil in my threads cause they are still human and can still be hurt, still be beaten by a non superhuman.
Don't be a dumbass and post a smart-allic remark about me.

jplatinum
Oh, and Bruce Lee can punch 8 times in a second.
Read a book.

Swanky-Tuna
Or I could take the easy way and read leonheartmm's post 4 posts up who said the exact same thing. Nobody is disputing how many times Bruce Lee can punch in a second. Nobody even cares how many times Bruce Lee can punch in a second.

K3VIL
In the real world anyone can own Superman if also there's the chance to obtain Kryptonite.You can build kryptonite knuckledusters and then beat the living crap outta him.Before that you obviously must shoot him some explosive bullets he will obviously be hitted by them but suprise!kryptonite inside them big grin

Sentry
Originally posted by juggernaut74
My cousin is a professional boxer and I know for sure he cannot punch 5 times a second. The only way somebody can punch five times a second is if they are 1 inch punches, and those are not gonna hurt anybody.

Kenpo practitioners have the fastest hand strikes in the world. Most of it is not punches, a lot of open handed striking like chops, palm strikes, gouges, and then followed up by a single punch. Kenpo does not rely on power alone, it's true power comes from pin point accuracy, skill and speed. I don't think throwing five punches would be really effective. Throwing five punches is possible, but throwing five hand strikes that attack vital areas, will be more effective, and can be accomplished in a second.. Open handed strikes are much faster than closed fist strikes. Targets for open hand strikes are usually soft targets such as the eyes, throat, neck, tempo, etc... and can usually get the job done quicker than knocking someone out with repeated blows to the head.

jplatinum
I know, I meant to demonstrate the speed factor.
I can throw a real fast powerful single punch.
The repeated punching in a second is meant to show both speed and skill.
No normal joe schmoe can punch 5-8 in a second.
Only a well-conditioned body that trains every single day.
That is what I meant by it.

Btw. In fact, the average joe schmoe punches about 20-30 mph.
Some skilled MA/Boxers can punch 40-80 mph.
Top skilled MA/Boxers can punch at over 100 mph.
Don't believe me, research it.
cool

hoorayforpeepee
there are plenty of books that don't involve facts about how many times bruce lee can punch in a second.

trust me, i've read a few of them. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.