Battle For Marvel Earth...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sentry
Morgoth ans his little b!tch Sauron have their eyes set on Marvel Earth...They will bring millions of their followers to Earth to wipe out the all that do not follow him. Khellendros has stated Morgoth is very powerful, much more so than Sauron when he had the ring. Earth had some prep prior to their arrival, a few weeks thanks to the Eye Of Agamotto. Now earth's heroes along with military's of the world prepare for the coming of Morgoth! The entry point for Sauron's armies is in the huge deserts between Arizona and Nevada. The heroes of Earth will meet their Morgoth and Sauron's armies there. there.

Team Earth:

Avengers:

Captain America
Iron Man
Luke Cage
Spiderwoman
Spiderman
Wolverine
Mystery Ninja Guy
The Sentry

Fantastic Four:

Mr. Fantastic
The thing
Invisible Woman
Human Torch

Dr. Team:

Dr. Strange
Dr. Doom(does not want someone else to take over earth, and is good friends with Strange)
Dr. Spectrum

X-Men:

Cyclops
Emma Frost
The Beast
Forge
Colossus
Kitty Pryde
Archangel
Banshee
Siryn
Rogue
Nightcrawler
Bishop
Gambit
Husk
Professor Xavier(telepathic combatant, hooked up tp cerebro)
Havok
Polaris
Magneto(Current)
Mystique
Chamber

Thunderbolts:

Captain Marvel(Genis)
Songbird
Atlas
Jolt
Moonstone
Charcoal
Mach 1

Star Masters:

Silver Surfer
Beta Ray Bill
Quasar

New Warriors:

Night Thrasher
Rage
Namorita
Nova
Silhouette
Speedball
Darkhawk
Firestar

Loners:

Ghost Rider
Blade
Moribus
Adam Warlock
Moondragon
Drax The Destroyer
Nomad
Moon Knight
Iron Fist
Namor The Sub Mariner
Doc Samson
She-Hulk
Hercules
Juggernaut
Wonder Man
Ikaris
Makkari
Black Bolt
Dynamic Man
War Machine
Elektra
Daredevil
Shang Chi
Black Panther
Quicksilver
Justice
Crystal Maximoff
Sersi
Captain Britain II
Spiderwoman II
Guardian II
Nick Fury and SHIELD
Silver Sable and her mercenaries
Cable
Deadpool
Firelord
Thunderstrike II

If the heroes fail, the might of the US army stands ready along with all other military governments around the world.

nimbus006
Dude this is way to many people Morgoth Army was defeated you know... take out ur cosmic people and maybe we have a fight... plus do they have prep or any info on Morgths army?

Zahit
I just don't see how the Marvel Army can fail here....I mean....C'mon.........Kitty Pryde!!!!

Sentry
Their are others who would disagree with you here. I'm pretty sure Morgoth and his armies will be defeated, but I'm pretty sure someone's gonna jump in and debate for Morgoth. Not me though. I think Marvel kicks a$$.

Gryn Jabar
Yeah, Marvel and the world will win. Hell the US military could probably beat them.

DigiMark007
I am DigiMark, herald of the nay-sayers!! Heed my warning! lol

Actually, I'll stay with MU too. But I would remind you that Morgoth is a very powerful god, and the only reason he lost in his home realm is because other gods ganged up on him. A bunch of elves and dwarves wouldn't have gotten it done.

So basically I look at it as Odin and a huge army of Orcs, Trolls, Dragons, Balrogs, etc. attacking Earth. Eventually Odin (Morgoth) would fall...but not easily. It's a good fight, and Earth is screwed, but I'll stay with MU.

-DM

Sentry
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I am DigiMark, herald of the nay-sayers!! Heed my warning! lol

Actually, I'll stay with MU too. But I would remind you that Morgoth is a very powerful god, and the only reason he lost in his home realm is because other gods ganged up on him. A bunch of elves and dwarves wouldn't have gotten it done.

So basically I look at it as Odin and a huge army of Orcs, Trolls, Dragons, Balrogs, etc. attacking Earth. Eventually Odin (Morgoth) would fall...but not easily. It's a good fight, and Earth is screwed, but I'll stay with MU.

-DM

I did some research on Morgoth, and what Digimark says is true. Most heroes and their teams would fall against Morgoth. But I think that group of heroes can win, but not easily. Go Marvel.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Sentry
I did some research on Morgoth, and what Digimark says is true. Most heroes and their teams would fall against Morgoth. But I think that group of heroes can win, but not easily. Go Marvel.

Wow! Someone else willing to give Morgoth some credit. Kudos.

I'm actually probably more of a Tolkien geek than a comic-book geek, so it's one of the few areas where I can speak definitively (as opposed to comics, where probably roughly 90% of this forum has read more comics than me).

MU still wins, but Morgoth f---s them up good.

-DM cool

Sentry
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Wow! Someone else willing to give Morgoth some credit. Kudos.

I'm actually probably more of a Tolkien geek than a comic-book geek, so it's one of the few areas where I can speak definitively (as opposed to comics, where probably roughly 90% of this forum has read more comics than me).

MU still wins, but Morgoth f---s them up good.

-DM cool

Yeah I did some research, read up on some books and checked on the internet. I set up a few threads against Morgoth and Sauron the past couple days, and I was wondering who the f$#k is Morgoth, and why are Khellendros and yourself defending this guy. So I looked him up, went to the library, which is rare, but yeah he's like a demi-god or full fledged god something? Well yeah, I'm gonna read up more on Tolkien's characters and not base my threads on the movies.

Metalmanx
I agree, definitely. There would be massive losses. But in the end, most of the Marvel Universe still stands.

Or sits in Xavier's case.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Sentry
Yeah I did some research, read up on some books and checked on the internet. I set up a few threads against Morgoth and Sauron the past couple days, and I was wondering who the f$#k is Morgoth, and why are Khellendros and yourself defending this guy. So I looked him up, went to the library, which is rare, but yeah he's like a demi-god or full fledged god something? Well yeah, I'm gonna read up more on Tolkien's characters and not base my threads on the movies.

The "Over-God" if you will is the Iluvitar (sp?). He's Tolkien's version of TOAA or The Presence. Then, when he created the world where Middle-Earth is located, he created gods that were somewhat of an homage to Greek, Roman, or Norse gods. They were called Valar. Morgoth (original name Melkor...but that name was later banned by the elves) was the most powerful of these gods, so a comparison to Odin isn't far from the truth. That power is what corrupted him and led him to form dark armies and such.

Sauron is somewhat of an immortal demi-god...even with the ring from the films he wouldn't be as powerful as Morgoth was. Gandalf, Sarumon, and the other wizards are at this same level (though obviously not quite as powerful as Sauron), and are known as Maiar. That's why Gandalf is reborn after he dies when fighting the Balrog. The Valar send him back, this time as the white wizard (usurping Sarumon is power as the most powerful wizard).

None of this is in the movies, and most of it isn't even in the trilogy of books. If you want to research this more, just read the Simarillion. It's more of a history than an adventure, so it can be hard to get through (there's some decidely boring parts) but it has all the info you'd ever want to know about Tolkien's world.

... geek

And that's your Tolkien lesson for the day boys and girls.

-DM

mr.smiley
i've read the fellowship of the ring,return of the king,parts of the silmarillion and all of middle earth for dummies and still think the xmen take mordor and mu takes this army

Khellendros
One word for everyone: Ancalagon. He was the greatest of Middle-Earth Dragons, and actually helped drive back the armies of Valar and Maiar who were attacking Morgoth. You said millions of Morgoths followers, which can mean thousands of Balrogs, who would sweep through the ranks of the super-powered army. And then you have the dragons, whose flames could destroy mithril. Marvel Earth would likely survive, but it's superhero population would be decimated.

nimbus006
Hey Digi im with you i have read many more Tolkien books than comic books as well, and Khellendros brings up a good point it is alot of Balrogs and Dragons which are awesome in power, but im gonna stick with my first post and say Marvel will probably come out on top. There are to many people and beasts here to anaylze and breakdown how the battle would unfold... i just think with all the cosmic beings fighting and Reed and Doom in the shadows comnig up with some sort of plan their bound to find a weakness in Morgoths army...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.