USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Light Side split discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
This does not have to be resolved until Episode II starts, so there is a bit of time to talk it over thoroughly.

This has been proposed elsewhere, so I will cut to the chase here.

The idea is to split the Light Side thread in future in two, to have one Jedi thread and one Renegade thread.

The major points are as follows:

1. There are a lot of Light Side players now, and they are fol,lowing multiple plot lines; I have had some comments that this can get confusing inside the same thread. As some plotlines are designed entirely for Renegade play, and as there are now enough Renegades to make it viable, Renegade plot elements can be seperated into their own thread.

2. IF this happens, it causes a plot change, Rather than a loose group of Renegade friends who help out the Jedi with missions and sometimes receive information from their contacts, if this goes ahead the Renegades will be working independantly, following the pattern that Xeth's contact discussed at the start of Episode II. The Renegades will have spent the time between games setting themselves up as a PI agency, funded by the Taloraanians and whatever other contacts they can find, now triyng to win justice in a more organised manner, inside the cracks the Jedi cannot get to.

3. It won't be for every game. In fact, it might even only be for one story, though as that will take two episodes it will be for a long time! But it will always remain a theoretical option

4. The split won't be absolutely sharp- because the Jedi will find themselves helping the Renegades much as the Renegades are currently helping the Jedi. This is because the game has not been designed with THREE seperate campaigns, only two, Light and Dark. There is a strong Renegade ethic IN the Light Side campaign that the Renegades explore, but it's not actually its own story, and the Jedi don't get shut out of it. However, it will mean in these missions it will be the Jedi feeling like the guests.

All in all, then, this achieves several things- it allows the Renegades to feel like less of a lunatic fringe and explore their way more thoroughly, and it removes the congestion of one thread.

On the other hand, people might not want the story broken up like that... and it can only las as long as sufficient Renegade players do.

So, what do people thing?

Bespin Bart
I fully endorse it! Xeth would like to do a bit of leading and explorer a darker part of the Galaxy, like Nar Shaddaa again, even though I hate that place! big grin

Ushgarak
One thing I should point out is that the Renegade plotline will involve more 'direct' action. That's not odd if you think about it, because obviously the Renegades are not in a position to do Diplomatic missions, unless they were doing them for the Jedi as Qui-Gon did, in which case it would appear in the Jedi thread...

... um, so yeah, the missions in the Renegade thread require a 'solid' touch.

Bespin Bart
They require a solid blast or slash?

Ushgarak
Possibly either.

DCLXVI
This would actually make more sense.

Delfedd
I'd like it.

Captain REX
So, when does Galder get to split and make the Galder storyline? stick out tongue

DCLXVI
When hell freezes over....stick out tongue

Tptmanno1
(nice... Your coming well on your Galder insulting my young padawan...)

I'm for it....
Means less of the dynamic Trio (Roan, Marcus and Xeth) but its all good..

Bespin Bart
Very true...

However, it'd make Xeth more grateful for their help in the future. He's always said that he likes working away from the Order, I think it's time he proves it. yes

Alkaselzer
Gallagher might try to tag along just to experience the Galaxy. yes

If not, still good. big grin

Fire
Sure, if the renegades want to do that. Just make sure the split happens decently (I trust you will), I wouldn't like to see half the jedi leave with the renegades.

Ushgarak
Thst depends what missions the Jedi take. They can't just choose to not work for the Council any more.

jaybee3
Ethnic cleansing missions? I would partake in

Ushgarak
I'm sure it said 'Light Side' on your application form...

jaybee3
hehe yeah :P

Ghetto Goblin
I am sorta confused. I wanna be a sith assassin. Where to go?

Captain REX
Eh...no Sith Assassins this game, unfortunately.

DCLXVI
Go to the Character Creation thread, study up on what you can be, and create your character. wink

Captain REX
Can we even fit more people? confused

Ushgarak
I think we really are at a limit now, it must be said.

Ushgarak
Renegades- any ways in which you want to customise this outfit? I have already defined a location you operate from, but please feel free to suggest any other details.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.