Vader....after the helmet...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

((The_Anomaly))
I'm not 100% sure if this should be here, move it if it shouldn't. but my friend, not me just had a VERY good point.

when obi wan gives luke to owen, you'd think that would be a bad idea.

remember vaders mother s buried outside the homestead where luke is. wouldn't you think that vader would go back there to see her grave?

and if so wouldn't the lars family notice...lol

and wouldn't vader be like humm...whos this kid...

it seems weird...cause you'd think vader would go back, unless he doesn't want to face his past at all.

Red Superfly
Damn good point.

Let the rationalising begin (I however consider this to be one big f**king plothole).

Mist
i wonder if they ever told luke his grandma was buried right outside the doorwaystick out tongue

vader519
Actually it is not a plot hole. Anakin never wants to go back to Tattotine of the painful memory of his mother dying and being buired there, also the fact taht he was a slave and he has some painful memories. That is why Luke is taken to Tattotine, because they know that Vader would never go back there.

Darth Plagueis
Vader has a thing about Tatooine..he doesn't go down, despite the importance of finding the death star plans, while having no problem dropping into a battle zone on Hoth.
I think the whole not wanting to face the past is pretty accurate...nothing but bad memories of who he was "before the helmet".

peluffo
He don't care anymore about silly memories of a mother who dies on tatooine or wherever. He don't have a mother, or a wife, or nuzzin!! He, at last, learned how to end with all attachments. He is a f**kin sith lord, he stops at no one, show no mercy, do not hesitate... He rule the galaxy... who cares about a sandy world with old stones?

I hope vader becomes DARTH VADER, the one we know from OT. I don't like a weak "in love" vader... sad AND I DON'T LIKE A VADER CRYING ON MUSTAFAR!!! sad

Darth Plagueis
It just occurred to me that what in the hell is the Lars motivation for taking in Luke???
"You know that slave women that your dad married? Well, her kid, your..um...stepbrother, well we kinda stole his kid and now he is a murdering dark lord of the Sith and ...um...was just wondering if you would mind watching him for a couple of...um...decades..."

peluffo
Obi wan sells the kid as a slave, and buy beer with the money, to drunk old memories away

Darth Plagueis
Now THAT makes sense!!!!!! Plus, he's probably thinking that if Darth DOES show up on Tattooine, he wants someone else to be the welcoming commitee....gives him time to sober up before having the kid drive him to a bar.....

((The_Anomaly))
lol....seriously tho, this is kinda a plot hole...

i mean yea, vader might not go back....

but vader even tho evil, isnt evil to the bone, he lives with great regrets and pain, u'd think hed go back sometime...

hunchy
it may be a plothole, but luke has to end up back there anyways...its not like Lucas's lame excuse as to why the droids or Obi Wan didn't remember anything.

macgeek2005
Obi-Wan decided to take Luke to Tatooine, because he knew that that was the one place Vader would never willingly return too.

Darth Plagueis
WHY didn't Vader go to the planets surface in Episode 4?????

Mist
well, once you get sand in your mechanical parts, your buggeredstick out tongue ask threepio, he did itstick out tongue

Darth Plagueis
Wait...your'e saying that Anakin buggered Threepio on Tattooine..??!!?
Well HELL!!! I wouldn't go back there either...oh the guilt!!!
End of thread, I guess......

koolruningz
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
WHY didn't Vader go to the planets surface in Episode 4?????

Good point. I always wondered why he left it to the stormtroopers and headed back to the Death Star with Leia. I guess we'll never know.

LightSaber_Part
what about Luke??
I mean did he not know that his Grandmother was buried out there?

Darth Plagueis
Originally posted by LightSaber_Part
what about Luke??
I mean did he not know that his Grandmother was buried out there? All of the headstones seen in Ep.2 have been removed by the time of Ep.4....

Alkaselzer
I think his bad memories are enough to keep him away. I mean, come on, if you lost the only person you held dear to you before you became a Jedi and then watched her die because you weren't quick enough (and then went on a lovely killing spree! big grin ), would you want to go back?

*waits for smart-ass answers* whistle

((The_Anomaly))
i dunno, but i think that vader has a soft side in a way (lol i know, i know) but i could see him in the same position on his knees infront of the headstone....to him hes failed completly, he lost his mother, he lost his love...and he promised his mom he wouldent fail next time. i think its plausable that he would go back, as a kinda "thing to talk to" as i doubt palpatine wants to hear about it stick out tongue

falcon
Vaders loyalty to the emperor is not 100 %. In ESB he wants to
overthrow the emperor and "rule the galaxy as father and son"
In ROTJ the emperor aks "I wonder if your feelings on this
matter are clear, Lord Vader?"So my point is, that maybe Vader
knows where Luke is, showing Luke was right, when he said to
Leia:"there is still good in him"

DeVi| D0do
Well, yeah Luke was right... Vader did save his life after all and, ya know, destroyed the Emperor and brought peace back to the galaxy. That's a pretty good to do... wink

I think you're right that Vader isn't really loyal to Palpatine though...

MistaMandalore
Interesting thread...I wonder if Vader -personally- orders the attack on the Lars homestead after the troopers tracked the droids there? Perhaps he does go down to the surface to have them killed...or kills them himself.

peluffo
WOW!!! KILLERCOOL!!!! I'l forward this to Lucas ASAP!!! big grin

now really, I like the idea of Vader ending the remains of "human anakin" killing his own stepbrother... If Owen knows who Vader is (it's possible for what we know so far) just imagine his reaction when he see the dark shape coming down to homestead...

Mist
laughing i was gonna say that on the previous page, but thought better of it laughing (the ss part, btw wink )

Bubbapilot
Perhaps Palpatine wouldn't let Vader go back to Tatooine. Vader is clearly afraid of him or is at least respectful of Palpies powers. Combine that with his new job of cleaning up the streets of those filthy Jedi. It appears that Vader's new daddy has him too busy and doesn't want him to play on the sandy planet.

Here's another thought to get the discussion stirring. (sorry if it has already been discussed, but I just thought of it) With all of his Sith powers, how come Vader doesn't know that Leia is his daughter? Or at least sense something special about her? Just curious.

tpaquin
I always assumed that with the new name, and all, Vader completely flushed away his old life. That is, Padme, his mum, Obi Wan, etc. Because of that, he has no need to visit his mum's grave.

Lord Banshee
Anakin died at Mustafar.
That is the point Darth Vader is born.

He doesnt care about his mum anymore, he is a sith now.

Darth Blender

jjwil76
NO F'ING CRYING VADER!! Goddamnit if I knew he was crying like some kind of sissy when I was a kid I would have switched my fan loyalties to boba fett!

vader519
Dude come down. Why are you getting up set at Anakin crying. He has to show emotion. He is betraying his friends, and a his menotr who is like abrother to him. His emotions have created conflict within him. A part of him says I canot do this, but the other part tells him I need to do this, they betrayed me.

Darth Plagueis
Matbe thats sweat in his eyes....yeah, thats it, SWEAT! I mean it IS a volcano planet, and he IS fighting in heavy clothing, right???
stick out tongue

SithSpy
the simple explanation is that Vader has disregarded his past and wants nothing to do with it, i.e., in ROTJ when luke says ive accepted that you were anankin skywalker, my father, Then vader says, That name no longer means anything to me!

Darth Plagueis
There is some credibility to the thought that Palpatine doesn't want Vader to discover Luke, having foreseen his eventual demise at his/their hands.

The Ones
erm

SithSpy
i always thought that was the one thing he doesent forsee, he knows they will be powerful and wants to recruit them, but doesent see that Vader has the conflict within when he discovers them

Darth Plagueis
But Vader TELLS Luke that the Emperor has foreseen it!

Jedi Priestess
oh for heavens sake, I swear some of you ARE a plothole.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vader does not return to Tatooine because "he's more machine than man, twisted and evil" Simple as that really.

Darth Plagueis
Well, thats been said a few times too.....but it's kind of hard to rely on ANYTHING Obi Wan says.....
....from a certain point of view.........

Hi! My name is Darth and I'm a plothole.

jjwil76
good point plagueis. and also, i think that maybe anakin is not only sweating, but is also allergic to molten ash. yep---he's not crying. just ashes.

Darth Plagueis
Yes!!!!!

Love that sig, makes me laugh every time!

peluffo
He hates sand. He tells it on AOTC. (and he is not a known liar as obi wan big grin) Now he have joints... imagine sand on his new knees big grin

Stunrun
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
I'm not 100% sure if this should be here, move it if it shouldn't. but my friend, not me just had a VERY good point.

when obi wan gives luke to owen, you'd think that would be a bad idea.

remember vaders mother s buried outside the homestead where luke is. wouldn't you think that vader would go back there to see her grave?

and if so wouldn't the lars family notice...lol

and wouldn't vader be like humm...whos this kid...

it seems weird...cause you'd think vader would go back, unless he doesn't want to face his past at all.

He wants to blank out his past that was Anakin Skywalker. He wants to forget all the pain and suffering as a youth. The darkside has dominated his destiny, and consumed him. No going backwink but ofcoarse there was still enough good in him to turn back. Infact i believe that Anakin/Vader has always been confused about his destiny, even when he turns to the darksideyes thats my only explanation as to why the Emperor had not fully driven the good from him - because he was still confused imhowink

Ogami Itto
umm ....he wasn't anakin when ANH was filmed {GL didn't do that until ESB}! at that time it was just some shithole planet on the Outer Rim!! send the grunts!!! stick out tongue

Stunrun
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
{GL didn't do that until ESB}!

i believe Anakin was first mentioned in ROTJ, then was mentioned in the Emperors new dialogue in the DVD release of ESB

Ogami Itto
sigh!
i meant it wasn't until ESB that gl decided vader was luke's father!!

astrofan428
Like Vader says in ROTJ "that name no longer means anything to me"(dont know the exact words). Everyone he cared for when he was Anakin either died or in his eyes betrayed him.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Darth Plagueis
Well, thats been said a few times too.....but it's kind of hard to rely on ANYTHING Obi Wan says.....
....from a certain point of view.........

Hi! My name is Darth and I'm a plothole.

LMAO! Actually if you stop and think about this, from a logical point of view, there really IS very little of Anakin Skywalker left after his duel with Obi-Wan. And I'd imagine if I woke up in the shape Vader wakes up in, I'd be filled with nothing besides hate.

Mist
vader can handle losing limbs....its losing his EYEBROWS that caused him to join the darkside....coz once they go...they aint coming back...

kiadimundijedi
Come on guys... there is no plot hole here... Anakin wants nothing to do with his past, bottom line...

jjwil76
Originally posted by Mist
vader can handle losing limbs....its losing his EYEBROWS that caused him to join the darkside....coz once they go...they aint coming back...

LOL!! laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

Fcuker
this is from a while back about leia ...he didnt know he had a daughter it probaly didnt enter his mind that she might be his daughter.
he probaly wanted to repect his half bro ... i mean come on...here come vader there goes the neiberhood ...how would u feel if the halfbrother u had decide to come up to u after some 30 yrs and he was vader

this is totaly irrelevent but what ever

Stunrun
Originally posted by Ogami Itto
sigh!
i meant it wasn't until ESB that gl decided vader was luke's father!!

ok ok ok ! chill lolstick out tongue

Phoenix2001
Why are we even discussing details such as this anyhow?

Mist
because vader has no eyebrows....thats why he hates tatooine... his birthplace of his eyebrows...thats why he wont go back

Phoenix2001
Sarcasm is a powerful ally...

Mist
that wasnt sarcasm...it was true......

Echuu
I think that he didn't go to the planet because he didn't care and there was no need to; there were some stupid droids to recover; not rebels or jedi to kill- thats when vader would go into the battle as the commander. Like on Hoth or the Tantive, or even the death star dogfight.

LandoSpeeder2
In ROTJ, Luke talks to Vader and reminds him of his old name, Anakin. Vader jumps in and says "that name, no longer has any meaning now." So either, he doesn't like the name Anakin, or he doesn't want to remember his past, which going to Tatooine would more than likely make him remember his past.

astrofan428
Thanks for backing me Lando.

Said the same thing a while back.

Mist
no seriously, you can get cybernetic limbs...like he did.....but once your eyebrows go, you cant get replacements.....you dont see anyone walking around with cybernetic eyebrows....its impossible....hell, id be pissed too..

((The_Anomaly))
see the thing is that when he "jumps" at Luke and says "that name no longer has any meaning to me" hes doing it in a sort of emotional self defence. vader is not the hardened sith that we think he is. he regrets his past, he basically makes a deal with the devil and has to live his life with that deal which haunts him day and night. no one. not even a sith could live with all that inside him for that long without releasing something. you can tell that vader does still have that emotion and regret when Luke says "then my father is truly dead" and vader goes to the railing and is obviously in conflict. maybe ur right, maybe vader doesn't want to go back because he wants to forget his past. but i dont think that it fits the whole thing that is vader. the point is hes suffering, for like almost 20 years. "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" (a good connection to anakin's future in TPM) i dont think he has forgotten. i think he remembers completely and it continually drives him to anger and that turns into more pain. thats what makes vader so interesting and why ROTS is going to be so good, cause we will realise what vader did, and what he had to live with.

theflyxx
^^^^^ Excellent analysis. thumb up

stefaan
I think Palpatine and Vader are the worst Sith ever. They don't work like Maul and Palpatine or Dooku.

peluffo
even so, they achieve together the sith goal to rule the galaxy for over a twenty years... No one of the others did.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.