Thanos vs. Orion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Thanos
(Mad Tittan)

vs.

Orion
(New God)

In a phsyical battle. Hand-to-Hand combat. Thanos has come to battle the new gods.

long pig
Thanos is surprisingly awesome in h2h.
He'd probably wear Orion out.

kgkg
Thanos slaughter then massacre's then rapes Orion.

He can take on Darkseid , Superman , and Orion together and still whip their asses.

MERCILOUS
So now that some of you guys are a little more informed on Orion, any different opinions?

long pig
As much as I like Orion, and got mad respect, I just can't see him winning this.

Unlike Hulk, Thanos is an awesome h2h fighter, and he's stronger than Orion, and can amp it up further with cosmic energy to possibly limitless levels.

Speed: Equal.
Strength: Thanos.
Skill: Slightly leans to Orion.
Durability: Thanos, big time.
Intelligence: Thanos, big time.
Endurance: Equal.

Without the MotherBox, he can't pull this off, IMO.

MERCILOUS
But I thought the mother box was a regular part of his armament.

long pig
It is, but this is h2h. Which to me means no equipment. Thanos doesn't get his blasts/shields and Orion doesn't get his Motherbox.

Now, if we're givin Orion the MB, and only allowing Thanos to figh h2h.......this could end differently.

ImmortalOne
Hey if he gets to use mBox then Thanos gets to use IG ... HOW BOUT THAT !!!??

No Cosmic Items, just H2H and regular concussive blasts..... !!!

ImmortalOne
So ....... the winner is Thanos i guess..................??

the Darkone
Originally posted by long pig
As much as I like Orion, and got mad respect, I just can't see him winning this.

Unlike Hulk, Thanos is an awesome h2h fighter, and he's stronger than Orion, and can amp it up further with cosmic energy to possibly limitless levels.

Speed: Equal.
Strength: Thanos.
Durability: Thanos, big time.
Endurance: Equal.

Without the MotherBox, he can't pull this off, IMO.
Endurance will lean towards Thanos since eternals don't get tired at all.

Supreme being
Originally posted by kgkg
Thanos slaughter then massacre's then rapes Orion.

He can take on Darkseid , Superman , and Orion together and still whip their asses.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Thats just silly talk, and yes Thanos wins.

Galvaclaw
Speed: Orion by alot
Strength: Equal
Orion fought equally with a powered Superman who was holding his own with the JLA
Durability: Thanos, but not by much.
Endurance: Equal

Fixed.

King KAM
speed:Orion too bad he wont use it so Equal
Strength: Thanos by far
Skill: Thanos by Far
Durability:Thanos by far
Intelligence: Thanos
Endurance:Thanos.

fixed and finalized for all you Suckaz!

nvrbeenwthagirl
THe mother box actually holds Orion's strength and rage in check. without it, he's much stronger and more ferocious.

Galvaclaw
Holy Thanos fanboyism Batman!

Read Orion's respect thread he has speed and does use it. Again Orion beat Superman while he was powered up enough to man handle a team of top tiers, so he's got freakish strength.. Read Orion and Darkseids fight. He has the skills.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Galvaclaw

Read Orion's respect thread he has speed and does use it. Again Orion beat Superman while he was powered up enough to man handle a team of top tiers, so he's got freakish strength.. Read Orion and Darkseids fight. He has the skills.

OMG, I thought I was the only one who sees this.

King KAM

Read Orion's respect thread he has speed and does use it. Again Orion beat Superman while he was powered up enough to man handle a team of top tiers, so he's got freakish strength.. Read Orion and Darkseids fight. He has the skills. ive read the whole thing, and the fact is he does have super speed, but he never uses it in battle so forum rules say that he must actin character and its not part of his character to speed blitz, which wouldn work anyway.

Superman at anylevel is nowhere near thanos in strength, and in his fight with DS who also cant beat thanos, Starlin himself said that Thanos was made by him to be a DS superior, DS let orion win in the first place, and after the battle orion was winded showing that he can be fatigued.

game.set.match.

now excuse me...while i go DL some big butt pRoN!

olympian
Against top tier Orion? Thanos.

Mrrungo Mu
Thanos

Mider999
orion

Kurash
Originally posted by King KAM
ive read the whole thing, and the fact is he does have super speed, but he never uses it in battle so forum rules say that he must actin character and its not part of his character to speed blitz, which wouldn work anyway.

Superman at anylevel is nowhere near thanos in strength, and in his fight with DS who also cant beat thanos, Starlin himself said that Thanos was made by him to be a DS superior, DS let orion win in the first place, and after the battle orion was winded showing that he can be fatigued.

game.set.match.

now excuse me...while i go DL some big butt pRoN!

Thanos and Darkseid are approximately on the same level

King KAM
Originally posted by Kurash
Thanos and Darkseid are approximately on the same level maybe before DS got de-powered and thanos got up graded twice, over the years darkseid has recieved 2 major downgrades, while thanos has recieved 2 major up grades, meaning if they were even, they definatley arent now

Kutulu
Thanos wins this. Stronger, more skilled, far more durable, and most of all, far more intelligent and tricky.

If standard equipment is included and Orion gets his motherbox, then that means Thanos gets his tech forcefield (which is part of his 3 layered forcefield) and his teleportation belt.

Orion is definitely faster, but Thanos has incredible accuracy and would still hit him.

Galvaclaw
He was clearly using it during his Darkseid battle. He would have to use it the times he's fought a blood lusted Superman.

Right, Thanos' strength is so respected because he can overpower multiple top tiers, but when Superman does the same thing while powered up it doesn't count. Please, there are many canon forms of Superman who would stomp Thanos. Sundipped or Kismet empowered are both featwise out of Thanos's league.

Starlin says alot of things. Creator opinions are not a valid arguing technique.

What use is accuracy? In the time it takes Thanos to move his arm Orion could of hit him hundreads of times.

Priest
Thanos wins this, Orion may have a speed advantage, but its nothing Thanos handled before.
Thanos outclasses orion in every other catagory.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Priest
Thanos wins this, Orion may have a speed advantage, but its nothing Thanos handled before.
Thanos outclasses orion in every other catagory.

NOt that I dont' think won't take a slim majority, But ORion has been shwonfighting and stalemating the powerful DS. Orion, unlike Superman hasn't been badly written. He is above top tier in strength. SO what makes THanos outclass Orion by so much? Fanboyism? Some Stated Forum logic handbook that some of us aren't privey to?

juggernaut66666
Thanos

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Thanos

I agree. But Thanos certainly won't have an easy time of it.

Desaad
maybe before DS got de-powered and thanos got up graded twice, over the years darkseid has recieved 2 major downgrades, while thanos has recieved 2 major up grades, meaning if they were even, they definatley arent now

Darkseid has never been officially downgraded.

Thanos' only real power up was when he was ressurected by Death.

Soljer
Strength, durability, and skill win this for Thanos.

leonidas
no top tier hero can take thanos 1on1.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by leonidas
no top tier hero can take thanos 1on1.

Orion is stronger than any top tier hero. He has Taken on DS. HE can take Thanos. He won't win the majority. But Orion is def stronger than Top tier.

Desaad
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Orion is stronger than any top tier hero. He has Taken on DS. HE can take Thanos. He won't win the majority. But Orion is def stronger than Top tier.

Maybe in some appearances he is above top tier, but not usually.

manorastroman
i'm sick of people pretending like thanos doesn't have superspeed. i have no idea from where people drew this conclusion. he fights people with superspeed on the regular, yet never has an issue with being too slow, and has even stopped a FTL bumrush by simply raising his hand.

thanos 9/10

leonidas
Originally posted by Desaad

agreed. i'd go further and say he has POTENTIAL to be above top tier, but generally speaking, he is depicted as only top tier. imo, he and thor are about as closely matched as any 2 characters are in dc and marvel.

nvrbeenwthagirl
The only time he isn't apear stronger than top tier is when he is around Superman's rediculous Job aura. there is now way he can't be stronger than top tier when he has battled DS for weeks on end without tiring.

leonidas
thor fought zeus for months. didn't superman fight for 1000s of years with wonder woman at some point . . .?

nvrbeenwthagirl
thor fought zeus for months. didn't superman fight for 1000s of years with wonder woman at some point . . .?

I'm actually just talking about Orion's Strength and being able to actually fight DS that long. Thor fighting Zeus may well have to do with Thor's Hammer and other abilities. I do believe zues said he could have won. Tho I could be mistaken. I was basically saying that YOu have to be above top tier to actually fight the non jobbing DS that he was when they fought.

Desaad
Originally posted by manorastroman
i'm sick of people pretending like thanos doesn't have superspeed. i have no idea from where people drew this conclusion. he fights people with superspeed on the regular, yet never has an issue with being too slow, and has even stopped a FTL bumrush by simply raising his hand.

thanos 9/10

He stopped an FTL bumrush while he was in possession of the Gauntlet. Not the same.

His speed was nicely demonstrated against Gamora. That is to say, he was WOEFULLY inadequate to block her blows, or even hit her with fists or energy blasts.

He doesn't have super speed. Not even close. Its one of the few areas that I think Darkseid surpasses him in.

Desaad
agreed. i'd go further and say he has POTENTIAL to be above top tier, but generally speaking, he is depicted as only top tier. imo, he and thor are about as closely matched as any 2 characters are in dc and marvel.

Agreed. His meeting with Infinity Man, as well as pretty constant talk, says that he has great, untapped power.

And there is the fact that, by virtually any writer, he has a "true form" which is inherently different from the mere physical "flesh" suit he wears.

But in his every day appearance, he is about Superman level IMHO. Sometimes below it, sometimes above.

Agreed about Thor as well.

Desaad

In Asgard, yes.

Desaad
I'm actually just talking about Orion's Strength and being able to actually fight DS that long. Thor fighting Zeus may well have to do with Thor's Hammer and other abilities. I do believe zues said he could have won. Tho I could be mistaken. I was basically saying that YOu have to be above top tier to actually fight the non jobbing DS that he was when they fought.

Zues DID win.

And in another appearance, totally owned Thor.

So its a bit of an outlier, but its still continuity.

manorastroman
i wasn't refering to the IG incident, i was referring to when the fallen one tried the same thing on regular thanos. thanos just raised his hand and stopped fallen one mid-flight about a meter away.

nvrbeenwthagirl
i wasn't refering to the IG incident, i was referring to when the fallen one tried the same thing on regular thanos. thanos just raised his hand and stopped fallen one mid-flight about a meter away.

Some people think that was a force field. Which would indicate no superspeed. I think it was a hand blast. Which still doesn't indicate superspeed.

Desaad

What evidence do we have as to the speed of that?

Otherwise, any time anyone has ever stopped or blocked the Silver Surfer, its faster than light, right?

manorastroman
when it showed fallen one rushing towards thanos, light was bent into a central vanishing point ala star trek's warp drive. this has been used in comics and film to indicate light or ftl speed since time immemorial.

if that's not enough, i'll have to start arguing that superman's combat speed is only spiderman level.

Some people think that was a force field. Which would indicate no superspeed. I think it was a hand blast. Which still doesn't indicate superspeed.

it would, actually. if something is rushing you FTL without your awareness, and you become aware of them, react, and execute your reaction before they clobber you...you would also have to be around c in reactions.

nvrbeenwthagirl
when it showed fallen one rushing towards thanos, light was bent into a central vanishing point ala star trek's warp drive. this has been used in comics and film to indicate light or ftl speed since time immemorial.

if that's not enough, i'll have to start arguing that superman's combat speed is only spiderman level.

Thanos has cosmic senses. he could have just senses Fallen one's approach. Superspeed had nothing to do with it. Invisible woman has blocked lasers and more. Lasers move at the speed of light. Does she now have SuperSpeed?

manorastroman
for one, lasers do not move at the speed of light, especially comic lasers. for two, the examples are not comparable at all. if IW sees a goon with a laser gun and then raises her shield, she hasn't blocked a laser. she outreacted some goon with a gun.

even if thanos "sensed" fallen one's approach, he still would have to react and execute before fallen one reached him. which is moot, because if thanos can "sense" fallen one and react, he could do the same to any superspeed character.

nvrbeenwthagirl
for one, lasers do not move at the speed of light, especially comic lasers. for two, the examples are not comparable at all. if IW sees a goon with a laser gun and then raises her shield, she hasn't blocked a laser. she outreacted some goon with a gun.

even if thanos "sensed" fallen one's approach, he still would have to react and execute before fallen one reached him. which is moot, because if thanos can "sense" fallen one and react, he could do the same to any superspeed character.

Thanos couldn't block Gamoras Attacks. he doesn't have superspeed. And it would seem he can only detect cosmically charged energy wielders if he couldn't block gamara's attacks. and since when did comic book lasers not move at the speed of light. When Sue blocked the Thor clones lighting, she didn't know thor was goign to strike, she put the shild up just in the nick of time. So now sue has superspeed. According to ur logic she does.

manorastroman
since when? since the inception of "lasers". i think it would be pretty obvious that clor was striking when he raised the hammer, crackling with lightning, and said :"you're all going down."

again, the instances are hardly comparable. if, however, clor attacked and sue managed to realize it, throw up a shield, and re=inforce it all in the time it took the lightning to go from clor to her, then yes, i would say she has superspeed.

it's not "my logic". it's "logic".

nvrbeenwthagirl
since when? since the inception of "lasers". i think it would be pretty obvious that clor was striking when he raised the hammer, crackling with lightning, and said :"you're all going down."

again, the instances are hardly comparable. if, however, clor attacked and sue managed to realize it, throw up a shield, and re=inforce it all in the time it took the lightning to go from clor to her, then yes, i would say she has superspeed.

it's not "my logic". it's "logic".

Your actually refering to what is called reaction time. Reaction time is not Superspeed. Now when you tie reaction time to something physical, it becomes Reflexes as you have to have the ability to move at the speed at which your reaction time is. I.E. Spiderman has superior Reflexes and Reaction time. Where sue only has superior reaction time. But since her powers are energy in nature, she only needs good reaction time. In order to have Super Traveling Speed, One need only be able to go from point a to point b very fast. Now if you take someone like the flash, he has Superior reaction time, Superior reflexes, travel speed, and Combat speed. Which is a culmination of all of these and is shown by doing things like catching bullets.

manorastroman
Your actually refering to what is called reaction time. Reaction time is not Superspeed. Now when you tie reaction time to something physical, it becomes Reflexes as you have to have the ability to move at the speed at which your reaction time is. I.E. Spiderman has superior Reflexes and Reaction time. Where sue only has superior reaction time. But since her powers are energy in nature, she only needs good reaction time. In order to have Super Traveling Speed, One need only be able to go from point a to point b very fast. Now if you take someone like the flash, he has Superior reaction time, Superior reflexes, travel speed, and Combat speed. Which is a culmination of all of these and is shown by doing things like catching bullets.

...and?

nvrbeenwthagirl
...and?

None of what you are talking about has to do with Superspeed.

manorastroman
effectively, that's exactly what it has to do with. people tend to use speedblitz as an argument against thanos, when clearly it's not an option.

nvrbeenwthagirl
effectively, that's exactly what it has to do with. people tend to use speedblitz as an argument against thanos, when clearly it's not an option.

It is when he can't even block Gamaora's Punches. And she does NOT have Superspeed.

TricksterPriest
I saw the page in question. Thanos either sensed the guy or knew he was coming first off. 2nd, and this is important, he didn't react until Fallen One was right on top of him. Look carefully as Thanos's field suddenly appears in front of the herald. Thanos is clearly smiling. He blocked him at just the right moment so Fallen one couldn't stop his momentum. Superspeed notwithstanding, Thanos has the brains to anticipate his opponent's reactions. And the reflexes and reaction time to KTFO people like the fallen one in one shot.

Back to the main topic: Thanos vs. Orion. Honestly, I have a sneaking suspicion that it was the jobbing DS that Orion fought. The guy is good, but Thanos eats top tiers alive.

Speed: Possibly Orion. But we all know Thanos doesn't like to use superspeed in his fights. Hard to call, but let's say Orion is faster for now.
Strength: Thanos. By a big margin. Is Cosmic power amping legal?
Skill: Thanos again. In addition to training Gamora, he's alot more experienced and has successfully taken down people like Morg in h2h.
Durability: Thanos. The dude is the juggernaut of the cosmic power class. It's almost impossible to hurt this guy without a huge amount of power.
Intelligence: Thanos. Let's be honest, Orion is an idiot half the time. He's fairly smart when he's not berserk, but unlike his dad, he can't control it. Even with motherbox holding his rage down (which may or may not affect his power, can't judge), Thanos is still at least 10x times more intelligent.
Endurance: Thanos. I'm sorry, I still think that was a jobbing DS that Orion fought. Thanos has far higher endurance feats. Including stalemating Odin.

I just don't see Orion winning this..... no

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I saw the page in question. Thanos either sensed the guy or knew he was coming first off. 2nd, and this is important, he didn't react until Fallen One was right on top of him. Look carefully as Thanos's field suddenly appears in front of the herald. Thanos is clearly smiling. He blocked him at just the right moment so Fallen one couldn't stop his momentum. Superspeed notwithstanding, Thanos has the brains to anticipate his opponent's reactions. And the reflexes and reaction time to KTFO people like the fallen one in one shot.

Back to the main topic: Thanos vs. Orion. Honestly, I have a sneaking suspicion that it was the jobbing DS that Orion fought. The guy is good, but Thanos eats top tiers alive.

Speed: Possibly Orion. But we all know Thanos doesn't like to use superspeed in his fights. Hard to call, but let's say Orion is faster for now.
Strength: Thanos. By a big margin. Is Cosmic power amping legal?
Skill: Thanos again. In addition to training Gamora, he's alot more experienced and has successfully taken down people like Morg in h2h.
Durability: Thanos. The dude is the juggernaut of the cosmic power class. It's almost impossible to hurt this guy without a huge amount of power.
Intelligence: Thanos. Let's be honest, Orion is an idiot half the time. He's fairly smart when he's not berserk, but unlike his dad, he can't control it. Even with motherbox holding his rage down (which may or may not affect his power, can't judge), Thanos is still at least 10x times more intelligent.
Endurance: Thanos. I'm sorry, I still think that was a jobbing DS that Orion fought. Thanos has far higher endurance feats. Including stalemating Odin.

I just don't see Orion winning this..... no

Thanos never stalemated Odin. Dont be fooled. Orion Can use the Astro Force to amp his strength as easily as thanos can amp his. Also the mother box, actually keeps orions strength in check. And Orion is made to kill DS. So I don't think DS was jobbing. poeple just won't give Orion the credit. He's supposed to be The Killer of DS. He is born with the power to do so.

King KAM
Thanos never stalemated Odin. Dont be fooled. Orion Can use the Astro Force to amp his strength as easily as thanos can amp his. Also the mother box, actually keeps orions strength in check. And Orion is made to kill DS. So I don't think DS was jobbing. poeple just won't give Orion the credit. He's supposed to be The Killer of DS. He is born with the power to do so. one thanos doesnt use the power cosmic, anyone who actually takes the time to read his books would know this, Thanos uses dark Energies.

2.Whoever said thanos was only officially upgraded by death needs to go back and re-read Thanos #1 he states to Adam Warlock that before he gave up being the Omnipitent he gave himself a power upgrade so that if anyone came trying to get revenge.

3.Thanos fought Odin before his power-up, and actually by fighting rules it was a stalemate, niether of them were shown any physical damage, Thanos suit was the only thing burned, and all that did was make Thanos pissed. Odin was also not hurt, but thats not the point of that battle the point of that battle is, that it WASNT over, so its INCONCLUSIVE, no two ways around it.

4. Orion is most likely faster than Thanos but the point is that Orion doesnt speedblitz, he fights with people at a normal speed, FORUM RULES state that he acts in character, and in character he slug it out with Thanos.

5.And it isnt about DS jobbing, its about the fact that it was stated that DS LET orion win.

Desaad

it would, actually. if something is rushing you FTL without your awareness, and you become aware of them, react, and execute your reaction before they clobber you...you would also have to be around c in reactions.

This just doesn't strike me as combat super speed. Okay, he raised his hand while he was expecting Fallen One to attack, but that doesn't show any signs of combat super speed. No fighting super speed. Nothing like that.

If your argument is that he can stop an Orion racing at him full speed with a mass area forcefield, thats fine (of course, Mother Box could probably open it up anyway).

But in terms of punch for punch, you can't come up with an examples, I don't think.

Desaad

I don't think there is any doubt. I could give at least 5 examples of impressive Orion speed showings in combat, without having to resort assumptions (ie, his fight with insane Superman must have been at super speed).You can't give me one Thanos example.

Agreed.

Not even close. Orion is the God of War and, in his case, it means quite a bit. He has an instinctual, primal knowledge of warfare, its history, its meaning, its importance and, yes, its techniques. He's faced and defeated a god with the title "Greatest Martial Artist in the Universe".

Thanos can't even defeat Gamora.

Agreed again.

In a lot of ways, I agree with you. Thanos is more devious, he's certainly more intelligent with technology and strategy, but Orion is the ultimate tactician. Battle Field intelligence largely belongs to him, IMHO.

In terms of byzantine plots, I don't think that Thanos actually compares to Darkseid. He may be more successful, thats fine, but his plans are less unique, complicated and intelligent than Darkseid's.

Take that to mean what you will.

Nor do I.

Thanos wins, in a big way.

TricksterPriest
As far Gamora goes, when has Thanos had a serious fight with her? And his training her doesn't count for anything?

As far as DS's plans vs. Thanos's, the fact that Thanos has a higher success rate is pretty much the deciding factor. Darkseid can come up with insanely complicated and intelligent plans, but how often do they work? And how often does Darkseid plan for unexpected occurances, random chance, if you will?

As for Orion being a tactitician, that depends on whether he has mother box in this fight, which so far is up in the air. But riddle me this: Could Orion pull off what Thanos did to get the IG? By that, I mean the whole Thanos Quest series.

I'm not gonna argue the speed difference, Thanos doesn't use it as part of his character even if he has it, so it's a moot point. It's just not his style.

charlemagne9746
Orion would just whip Thanos' ass and throw him into the source wall.

TricksterPriest
........ok, you read the last 3 pages worth of evidence and scans, and this is your contribution. Give me one good reason why Orion takes Thanos.

the Darkone
Originally posted by charlemagne9746
What the f**k?Orion would just whip Thanos' ass and throw him into the source wall.

Thanos will punk Orion all day even on Sundays, Thanos beats him in every category. Thanos will make Orion his lap dog.

Howard_Jones
Why is this a thread?

Superherovandal
Well it really depends. Orion is undoubtedly more skilled, faster, and close enough when it comes to strength.Thanos got the durability thing but people forget Orion has a nasty healing factor sometimes. So most of if not all of the damage would become moot. Thanos wins but it'd be a real fight.

Howard_Jones
I can see Orion coming in and getting to h2h range, but then Thanos is just gonna pound on him, or blast him away again. He'd do better than Superman would.

UniOmni
No it wouldn't.

Thanos is stronger, more durable and has good energy projection as well.

Its his fight to lose, and he won't.

Superherovandal
this is hand to hand not energy projection. or Orion would have his astro harness.

long pig
Orion's strength is probably limitless if the motherbox doesn't keep the astro-force in check.

If he's pumped up on what's basically been called God's Wraith, every single physical ability gets amped beyond belief.

Mindless Hulk but with nearly unmatched fighting skill.

Nobody in their right-damned-mind would want to fight THAT Orion.

TricksterPriest
You obviously underestimate Thanos. Thanos could school mindless Hulk. Unlike Thanos's body, Orion's isn't protected from things like nerve blows. Thanos could stand there and let Orion whale on him for a few days, and still be fit enough to school him. Nothing Orion has can kill Thanos or even get past that damn rock hide of his.

long pig
Thanos wouldn't school mindless Hulk in h2h, nobody would.

Nerve hits work on Orion? Never seen one work. Just like Orion could wail on Thanos and get hardly anywhere, Thanos would swing at Orion and Orion would simply dodge it. He's fast as hell.

King KAM
Thanos wouldn't school mindless Hulk in h2h, nobody would.

Nerve hits work on Orion? Never seen one work. Just like Orion could wail on Thanos and get hardly anywhere, Thanos would swing at Orion and Orion would simply dodge it. He's fast as hell. nerve hits would work, thanos has the muscle to actually make them.

And orion doesnt do much dodging, but then again you know this, you just dont like admitting to Orion losing because you like him, like me with Cap...I feel your pain brah.

Wutd the brat get for x-mas?

long pig
Nerve hits didn't work when "The greatest martial artist in the universe" tried. He was strong, it wasn't enough.

I don't see a reason why Orion couldn't dodge a Thanos punch, he's fast enough to catch bullets, with his back turned, while blind, after they've been fired.

He's fast.

He got tons of shit, he broke most of it already. I got him a huge ass dinosaur and he's scared shitless of it.

King KAM
Nerve hits didn't work when "The greatest martial artist in the universe" tried. He was strong, it wasn't enough.

I don't see a reason why Orion couldn't dodge a Thanos punch, he's fast enough to catch bullets, with his back turned, while blind, after they've been fired.

He's fast.

He got tons of shit, he broke most of it already. I got him a huge ass dinosaur and he's scared shitless of it. thanos does what he wishes, this is KMC

hahahahahaha, good call on the dinosaur...is he scared of the vacuum?

Desaad
As far Gamora goes, when has Thanos had a serious fight with her? And his training her doesn't count for anything?

The training counts for nothing, because in the one flashback we see Gamora is sparring/training with robots, not Thanos directly.

And the fight was Warlock and the Infinity Watch. While they weren't trying to kill each other, it was made clear in the book that they were fighting for real, weren't pulling their punches. And even when Thanos was trying to get her with energy attacks, she out did him.

He plans much more thoroughly than Thanos does. You can see that by the quality and the complexity of his plans.

The difference is the level of intelligence those around each character demonstrate at the time.

For instance, would it be more impressive to almost but not quite pull one over on a group of analytical experts, or a group of the mentally challenged?

Because, honestly, thats almost the difference we are dealing with. Thanos uses the same plan every time, uses outside help, etc.

It has nothing to do with Mother Box. He is an expert tactician, and it was demonstrated in the Kirby and Orion series. See how he totally outsmarts Arnicus Wolfram.

And I don't know if he could have pulled off what happened during Thanos quest, because thats not really his style.

Since it basically amounted to Thanos beating them all up, though, yeah I think Orion could do it. He wouldn't have the knowledge of the nature of the universe that Thanos had, obviously, that allowed him to so confidently defeat the Inbetweener, but the stuff he did against Champion or the Runner or really anyone besides the grandmaster...yeah.

Thats strategy, not tactics though. Not going to enter into a one on one fight.

Thats not really a sensical stance.

Couldn't I just say that Orion has reality warping abilities, but he doesn't use them, not his style?

Either way, Thanos owns this battle.

Desaad
nerve hits would work, thanos has the muscle to actually make them.

And orion doesnt do much dodging, but then again you know this, you just dont like admitting to Orion losing because you like him, like me with Cap...I feel your pain brah.

Wutd the brat get for x-mas?

Orion has done a lot of dodging. Admittedly, not necessarily in his guest appearances, but definitely in the New God series' proper.

Juntai
Originally posted by Superherovandal
this is hand to hand not energy projection. or Orion would have his astro harness. Why wouldn't he have his astro-harness? It's an extension of his power. He creates them like Surfer does Surfboards.

olympian

Orion showing in that one while impressive wasent in any shape a win. He was stalemating Superman, not winning.

Unless Orion posses the Astro Force to use it at will, hes going to end the same way the other top tiers did against Thanos. With a headache and a lecture on how hes weaker.

Darkseid has never been officially downgraded.

Thanos' only real power up was when he was ressurected by Death.
Thats crazy talk. He passed from beating pre crisis chaps to having problems with post crisis ones. How is that he was never downgraded?

Funny part? He didnt only used strength against DS. He also used skills. Wich ironically Thanos didnt, in the instance you claim he did. That being said, DS has rarely been in the strengthclass above top tier most of post crisis history. And while Orion used skills in that particular match, so did DS. Orion is top tier when he doesnt use the astro force.

Zeus said he wasent try to kill him.

And your forgetting that Darkseid also used skills. If he was at a level where top tier strength would matter little to him, he wouldnt needed to rely on it. While the OE part of the end was a ruse, the figth itself wasent, and it was clear he had to give its all. This doesnt strike me as a showing of a guy who is heaps above top tier, strengthwise.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by olympian
Orion showing in that one while impressive wasent in any shape a win. He was stalemating Superman, not winning.

Unless Orion posses the Astro Force to use it at will, hes going to end the same way the other top tiers did against Thanos. With a headache and a lecture on how hes weaker.

Thats crazy talk. He passed from beating pre crisis chaps to having problems with post crisis ones. How is that he was never downgraded?

Funny part? He didnt only used strength against DS. He also used skills. Wich ironically Thanos didnt, in the instance you claim he did. That being said, DS has rarely been in the strengthclass above top tier most of post crisis history. And while Orion used skills in that particular match, so did DS. Orion is top tier when he doesnt use the astro force.

Zeus said he wasent try to kill him.

And your forgetting that Darkseid also used skills. If he was at a level where top tier strength would matter little to him, he wouldnt needed to rely on it. While the OE part of the end was a ruse, the figth itself wasent, and it was clear he had to give its all. This doesnt strike me as a showing of a guy who is heaps above top tier, strengthwise.

And yet lobo, who has on occasion owned Superman, Severly hurt his hand and got a lesson about DS strength and Durability.If it serves you better to try and make DS less than he is, by all means continue to do so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.