What happens to the red, blue, and yellow storm troopers?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermann98
Every second leaked shot has these guys in it, yet there is no trace of them in the OT.

From watching the Clone Wars cartoon we see that they are specially trained clone troopers with exceptional fighting skills.

What happens to them?

Do they get wiped out with the rest of the Jedi or do they convert to "regular" clone troopers once the clone war is over?

It makes no sense that GL would create these characters only to have them dissappear without a trace.

atheist
Half of the PT doesnt make any sense, it doesnt surprise me that a minor detail like this will be unexplained or forgotten.

Lucas is screw up what do you expect?

Supermann98
True enough

Vympel
Uniform changes happen- complaining that 20 years after the PT that they don't have color coding denoting legion (RotS: Visual Dictionary) is inane. We know for a fact that Stormtroopers still wear the shoulder pauldrons that we'll see in RotS (on the ARC Trooper/ Clone Commanders).

Also- color coding just makes you more obvious. You don't need marking to show what legion you are.

ctsketch
yeah its like in modern military officers on the field dont wear shiny rank, you dont wanna give enemy snipers a target

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by atheist
Half of the PT doesnt make any sense, it doesnt surprise me that a minor detail like this will be unexplained or forgotten.

Lucas is screw up what do you expect?

Are you one of those people that is going to walk out of the theater and say this movie sucked because of an asenine detail like this one?

Word of advice: "Don't be that guy!"

Lord Banshee
The OT is 25 years after Rots!
The clone troopers who fought the clone wars are problaby retired (growth acceleration!) and in the OT we probably see the third generation of clone troopers. They dont fight battles anymore so they have perfect armor. When the Phase II armor was made (which they have in Rots) the rank colors disappeared but now the colors where legion marks. (Visual DIsctionary Rots). But in the OT, they arent any real battles left to fight so they dont have spectacular hero markings.

That is why stormtrooper in the OT are so n00b. They dont get well trained anymore and they dont live any battles... the galaxy is at peace there are only some rebels but the imperials think they'd be crushed anyway. The ARC troopers are the sand troopers we see in ANH.

DaveTheHutt
When I read posts like Atheists, I find it very sad - with an anally-retentive nit-picking approach to film-making like that, the poor sod will hate Episode III even if it's the most amazing film ever made (which it won't be). How miserable to live your life like that.

It's like those idiots who complained recently about the supposed cuts and edits made to the film. SHUT UP! You don't know how 'cool' those scenes were, or how seriously they impacted on the narrative flow or clarity of the film - if they were cut they were cut for good reason.

Hardcore fans may want to sit through a 6-hour butt-numb-athon where Mon Mothma and Bail Organa discuss the less-than-gripping minutiae of organising a nascent rebel faction but no-one else does.

Please, people: go and see Episode III and (hopefully) enjoy it for the film it is, not the film you fantasise it could've been if only you (with all your no-doubt *amazing* film-making skill and experience) had been in charge.

Hutt out

sith_darth_jay
well the thing is that Lucas often sacrifices good scenes (good acting or key plot moments) for eye candy.... he likes to tell the story in visual way rather then using the actors to lead the story....

you'd be amaze how many dialogue has to be cut or trimmed from the movie, just so that he could:

a) make figth/action scenes longer
b) not get so messed up with dialogue refering to a Cut scene.

you see cutting scenes is rather tricky evil...and Lucas suffer quite a lot cuz of it.... and sometimes it just seems like he doesn't care

and on the topic... Lord Banshee has explained it rather well

hunchy
Isn't it true that the clonetroopers are different than the Storm Troopers, and that the Storm Troopers are actually humans in suits, not clones?

Darth Plagueis
Bear in mind too that there was no real military in place at the start of the Clone Wars...the grand army of the Republic had to be created and clonetroopers had to fill various roles and positions requiring designations of rank. By the time of Episode 4, the military structure is fully in place, and we see all sorts of uniformed officers, whereas the stormtroopers are basically just grunts and foot soldiers.

Red Superfly
Bah, not another Stormtrooper/Clonetrooper discussion.

It's a plot hole, lets just leave it at that.

Darth Plagueis
You should know by now that it is simply NOT possible for most SW fans to just leave plotholes "at that".
Too many of 'em for one thing......

Red Superfly
I guess.

There's always someone who has to rationalise these plot holes, and it's annoying.

If the movies can't fill in the gaps themselves - then that is a plot hole. It's the very definition of a plot hole, in fact.

People can go on and on about how the Clones died out.

It's almost as if Lucas has answerred questions that simply don't need answerring (Boba Fett's happy family - wasn't needed, and would have kept the character a mystery), and in return, has opened up a whole new can of worms, creating utterly stupid plotholes such as this.

Lucas has tried to explain things that simply don't need explaining, and has left a few other things left unanswerred.

I don't know whether it's because he wants the EU to go into overdrive after EpIII and keep Star Wars going, or he's just completely lost it.

It's Lucas' own fault. He's gone into explanation-overdrive on the PT. He's tried to explain where every Tom Dick and Harry has come from, that I honestly don't blame the fans for asking "what happened to the clonetroopers?". I mean, they were the basis for the TITLE of the last episode, so obviously they are a major part of the universe, and not as "insignificant" as people claim they are.

The PT is so explanation-intensive, that I really think Lucas should have either kept the whole thing expansive and less explanation based, or explained every damn thing. As it stands, he's done a bit of both, obviously fans are a bit confused as to where he's going.

Darth Plagueis
It's not that I disagree with you, but I think it is part of human nature to want to know the "whole" story, even in works of fiction, and people CANNOT HELP themselves but to speculate on what fills in the gaps....and natuarally, everyone has a different opinion.
And it can be a little fun too.....it doesn't particularly have to MATTER or not. Entertaining speculation...at least for some.

sith_darth_jay
this could be seen, or at least explained in the TV show.

EChaos
Habe any of u played Star Wars: Republic Commando? or read the book by the same name? That might clear up a few things and convince u guys this thing is not a plot hole but aq tribute to the expanded uni where Boba Fett clones himself. Also, as per order 66, there is gonna be a game on the mobile soon where u get to control a three- man squad, later Anakin as well, where u hunt down Jedis.(Read about that at gamespot)

EChaos
Have any of u played Star Wars: Republic Commando? or read the book by the same name? That might clear up a few things and convince u guys this thing is not a plot hole but a tribute to the expanded uni where Boba Fett clones himself. Also, as per order 66, there is gonna be a game on the mobile soon where u get to control a three- man squad, later Anakin as well, where u hunt down Jedis.(Read about that at gamespot)

Mist
i always thought the colour was like a camoflague (sp) outfit...embarrasment

coz the green ones are on kashyyyk, the yellow ones are on felucia, the blue ones...i dont know where they are but it looks like camo gear...

but then, ive never watched the clone wars or read the VD...sooo.....ill go back to my corner now...embarrasment

Ogami Itto
Remember the Galaxy's HUGE!!! we don't see the entire Imperial army in the OT! they could be somewhere else doin what yello and bly stormtrooperss do!

ubidoobascooby
Erm... the answers pretty simple. It's on starwars 'behind the magic' cd brought out a few years ago.

Once the empire was formed recruitment began.
Proof?:

*George changed OT boba to kiwi accent, and left the stormtroopers.
*Storm troopers vary in height
*Their voices are different
*The clone troopers were officers, soldiers etc. they made the whole lot.
*The empire formed and palpy didn't need perfect uber obedient soldiers.. especially becuase the kaminoins were burning a hole in the republics pocket at the time. Now officers, troopers etc are all different.

It's all on the 'behind the magic' cd. wink

George has plot holes, but this wasn't one of them.

Batman316
agreed

"little small for a stormtrooper arn't you"

no plot holes, the clones simply became obselete and unecessary

Lord Banshee
Kamino is 1 cloning facility... there are also multiple academy's (Carida for examle). They train troopers there too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.