How strong is recent Thing ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
i ve heard many different opinions about the recent strenght of the thing
.... some said he is 100ton class now... others said he is 85 at the best

i believe it is right that he gets stronger as long he lives.... so... is there a limit for him? ... how strong he can get ?

kgkg
He is strong but not strong enough to hang with these dawgs

: Hulk, Gladiator , Drax , Thor , Jugs etc

He puts some what of a fight.

armandovalles
The Thing is now an average CL 100+ fighter.

juggernaut74
There is no proof that Thing can lift 100 tons. Colossus has the same issuses going on but I acutally read in the X-men guide and it says that he can lift over 100 tons. In June the FF Handbook comes out and there we will find the answers.

armandovalles
ok, we'll see.

GalacticStorm
Let it go army!! The thing is class 85. Accept that. Dont build your hopes up for June you'll only be left disappointed stick out tongue

armandovalles
dude first of all im not "Army" all right. secondly i have a book that came out in February this year that already states that hes class 100, so I dont really car what anyone else thinks, alright. I'm not gonna tell u the name of the book cuz im selfish and wanna be the only one to have it since it's a 600 $ book and there's only 1,500 in the world. in this book it has a bio and stats on nearly everyone in the marvel universe, from Absorbing man to Zzaxx.

juggernaut74
Well then there is your proof Thing is class 100 beer

pr1983
Originally posted by armandovalles
dude first of all im not "Army" all right. secondly i have a book that came out in February this year that already states that hes class 100, so I dont really car what anyone else thinks, alright. I'm not gonna tell u the name of the book cuz im selfish and wanna be the only one to have it since it's a 600 $ book and there's only 1,500 in the world. in this book it has a bio and stats on nearly everyone in the marvel universe, from Absorbing man to Zzaxx.

well are we supposed to just take your word for it?

juggernaut74
I think he is lying but lets take his word for it.

armandovalles
if u want to, but i dont care what anyone thinks cuz it makes me happy just to know that he really is cl 100, no matter what anyone says.

GalacticStorm
"if u want to, but i dont care what anyone thinks cuz it makes me happy just to know that he really is cl 100, no matter what anyone says."

Yeah. Thats why u started a thread a few weeks back asking what people thought about the thing being made class 100 which u had no proof to back up. Any comments on that? Well until this new handbook comes out thing is still class 85.

Wynndar
there is no apparent limit to his strength...in FF #59 a piece of Thing's skin evolved into an cosmic level being aftera few thousand years

armandovalles
well i know exactly how much he can bench according to marvel, right here it says 130-150 tons. so i'd say that puts him in cl 100+ right?

GalacticStorm
"well i know exactly how much he can bench according to marvel, right here it says 130-150 tons. so i'd say that puts him in cl 100+ right?"

Right where exactly? Tell me what book it is and i'll order it especially if it has updated bios as u say it does

armandovalles
oh it also says here that when he was furtherly mutated he became a 200+ ton monster. (i guess thats referring to when he was spikey.)

juggernaut74
I think this guy might be drunk.

armandovalles
me?

GalacticStorm
"there is no apparent limit to his strength...in FF #59 a piece of Thing's skin evolved into an cosmic level being aftera few thousand years"

Yeah ok fair enough so maybe in a few 1000 yrs the thing will evolve enough to make it into class 100. Who knows. U happy now army? wink

juggernaut74
me? Yes you. Dont make stories up, and if you are telling the truth back up your statements with proof.

armandovalles
dude i wasnt the one who said: "there is no apparent limit to his strength...in FF #59 a piece of Thing's skin evolved into an cosmic level being after a few thousand years.", i didnt say that, i have a book like i said that tells me how strong exactly people are, not just saying stuff like "cl 100+" or whatever. It specifically says that the Thing is able to lift up to 130-150 tons under optimal conditions.
And for the second time, dont call me "Army", my friends call me "Arm" but your not a friend so yea, thanx.

GalacticStorm
"And for the second time, dont call me "Army", my friends call me "Arm" but your not a friend so yea, thanx."

Ohhh ok sad that hurt. But u cant seriously expect me to type out your whole name every time i post?!!

armandovalles
no but man, call me Arm then or something i just hate it when people who dont even know me call me a liar. thats not cool man.

GalacticStorm
I havent called u that at all others have tho. Im staying neutral. Ive just said u hav yet to backup your statements about the things apparent upgrade. But yeah if u wanna let me know what book all these upgraded bios appeared in it would be most appreciated. Thanx arm!!

armandovalles
its called the Marvel Dictionary 2005, they cant be found on search pages or anything but they are easy to find on things like ebay and such, yet they are hard to find for sale. They come out once every 5 years in January or February and its 2005 so it came out Feb this year. Ask your comic book store employee, they'll know what i'm talking about, they're very rare, im lucky i got a copy, i went all the way to NYC just to get one and i live in central jersey. Just dont spread the word.

armandovalles
happy? just dont spread the word that i have it cuz the last time i told someone about it like last month on a forum everyone was askin me questions and i cant deal wit that.

pr1983
its called the Marvel Dictionary 2005, they cant be found on search pages or anything but they are easy to find on things like ebay and such, yet they are hard to find for sale. They come out once every 5 years in January or February and its 2005 so it came out Feb this year. Ask your comic book store employee, they'll know what i'm talking about, they're very rare, im lucky i got a copy, i went all the way to NYC just to get one and i live in central jersey. Just dont spread the word.

thats all we wanted to know... if you'd quoted that they're wouldnt be problems...

armandovalles
what do u mean?

pr1983
what do u mean?

you can't just claim something without backing it up...

i'm not arguing with you, but saying 'i have a book that says this and i dont care what you think' isn't going to get people to agree with you...

if you'd quoted the book at the start people wouldnt have doubted you...

K3VIL
Even if the Thing can now lift 130/150 Tons, he'll be wiped out by heavyweights like Abomination, Hulk, Drax, Gladiator, Sentry, Black Bolt, Thor, Maxam, Ravage, etc.
He's a poor level Class 100.Even a Class 50 like Thunderstrike II using his Thunder Punch can defeat the Thing, also TS II was trained from Captain America in hth combat, he's a formidable fighter.
The Thing can put up great fights, but he always get the living crap beaten out of him from stronger guys.

armandovalles
well abom is only 150-170 tons so he's not that much stronger, Maxam is 160-180 tons, and Blackbolt is only 100-120 tons so there. but everyone else in that list is stronger, oh and you forgot to mention the strongest of all, Juggernaut. By the way Thunderstrike is 80-100 tons and Thunderstrike II (the one from A-Next) is 50-70 tons, and neither thunderstrike even has a chance of taking the thing down, thor barely can for god's sake!

K3VIL
well abom is only 150-170 tons so he's not that much stronger, Maxam is 160-180 tons, and Blackbolt is only 100-120 tons so there. but everyone else in that list is stronger, oh and you forgot to mention the strongest of all, Juggernaut. By the way Thunderstrike is 80-100 tons and Thunderstrike II (the one from A-Next) is 50-70 tons, and neither thunderstrike even has a chance of taking the thing down, thor barely can for god's sake!
Maxam is 80/90% of Classic Hercules (with strenght equal to that of Thor without Mjolnir).
Juggernaut is not the stronger heavyweights.
Thor can barely take down the Thing?You have gained the rank of Ben Grimm Greatest fanboy on the Earth.Thor will school Ben so bad that he'll retire from the Superhero career.

Point
\/
Even a Class 50 like Thunderstrike II using his Thunder Punch can defeat the Thing, also TS II was trained from Captain America in hth combat, he's a formidable fighter.
A Thunder Punch is a blow charged with the magical thunder Thunderstrike can generate and his equal to a high rank Class 100 of strenght possessor blow.

mr.smiley
if u want to, but i dont care what anyone thinks cuz it makes me happy just to know that he really is cl 100, no matter what anyone says.

you are now officialy the biggest fanboy ever.
You and wolverine888 could have a debate to the death over who would win between thing and wolverine

Draco69
He lies alot. He said the Thing beat Thor. And kgkg opened the proverbial curtains on him.

Bloodied cape my ass.

Until I see the new Handbook, The Thing is still Class 85

pr1983
Originally posted by Draco69
He lies alot. He said the Thing beat Thor. And kgkg opened the proverbial curtains on him.

Bloodied cape my ass.

Until I see the new Handbook, The Thing is still Class 85

my opinion exactly...

mr.smiley
I agree.

Wynndar
All u have to do is pick up a FF comic book which few of u obviously do...then u wouldnt be running around saying Thunderstrike could beat the Thing and disbelieving he is class 100.

pr1983
Originally posted by Wynndar
All u have to do is pick up a FF comic book which few of u obviously do...then u wouldnt be running around saying Thunderstrike could beat the Thing and disbelieving he is class 100.

ive read comics... ive been collecting the marvel knights fantastic four series... is he weaker in that?

Wynndar
I dont think there is any change in his strength, but he hasnt done anything in that series yet...there have only been like 8 issues of that, no?

pr1983
I dont think there is any change in his strength, but he hasnt done anything in that series yet...there have only been like 8 issues of that, no?

i have the first 15...

Wynndar
ah nevermind...i think they r up to #18 now

Xplosive
Does it say how much can Apocalypse bench or what it says for his strngh in your book. I beleive you and we will find out soon.
And GalacticStorm, why you have to go up agaisnt him, if he says, don't argue, beacuse you have even less proof. I hope you are right armandovalles, so that GalacticStorm and others can go, go home GalacticStorm.

pr1983
ah nevermind...i think they r up to #18 now

im not an unreasonable guy...

if marvel come out and say thing is class 100 then fine, he's class 100...

Wynndar
Marvel age of Apocalypse handbook gives Colossus and Apoc 6's in strength...I THINK...but i do explicitely remember Warpath had the highest strength level in the book with a maxed out 7. 6's rnt bad though cuz it could mean class 100, cuz a six is something like 70-100ton strength.

armandovalles
yea. But Apocalypse in AoA can only lift 90 tons MAX, Mainstream Apoc has incalculable strength. And Colossus lifts 145-150 tons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.