Lion-O versus Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordFear
Weid huh??
The leader of the Thundercats against Avenger's team leader.
Place: A thick luscious jungle
Weapons: Lion-O's sword and gauntlet and Cap's shield
Who wins?

Linkalicious
Sword of Omens + awesome Guantlet = dead Captain America

LordFear
What are the properties of the sword?
Just predicting the future?
Well if everybody goes for LionO, then I say Cap just for the hell of debating.

Linkalicious
He can shoot little beams and stuff from the sword if I'm not mistaken....

Don't think they are very powerful...but I think the sword is capable of that much.

nimbus006
Yes Link he cant shoot blasts fro mthe sword and he commands the sword as well through kinda like TK... but yea Liono rocks Captain America in this one

Linkalicious
I would like to note that Captain America's experience is going to play a big factor in this fight. I'm pretty sure Lion-o is "green" under the collar...and Captain America would be able to take advantage of that...

LordFear
Can't Cap match him???
I mean c'mon this is Cap we are talking about.
The shield wouldn't break under the sword's attack.
Furthermore in the jungle, using the foliage to his advantage Cap could pull it off

leonidas
i cannot BELIEVE people are saying lion-o! i liked thunder cats as much as any kid, but cap would waste that guy in a blink. sword won't do a bit of good with cap's shield in the way of it. cap would use his fighting skills to quickly knock the sword from his grasp and then it would be all over. 4 panels max in any decently written book. panel 1 lion-o swings. panel 2 cap ducks. panel 3 cap knocks the sword flying and in the final panel, cap on top of lion-o with his shield at the cat's throat - fight over. c'mon guys, this is CAP! lion-o??? you must be kidding! better question - maybe - could cap wipe out ALL the thunder cats at once? hmmm . . .

Linkalicious
bright red white and blue......just screams Camo!

Arsenal
Originally posted by Linkalicious
bright red white and blue......just screams Camo!
Not to mention Lion-O's a cat. Heightened senses anyone?

LordFear
i AM WITH leonidas on this one.
I think people are just not thinking straight. This is Cap. The man has proven his worth. The guy has fought legions of ninjas assassin from the Hand. I am I don't see Cap falling at all. Hightened senses for LionO but also Cap along with fighting skills hand to hand way above level. I mean this is special ops, government assassin killing/fighting machine of a man. LionO just can't counter that.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Arsenal
Not to mention Lion-O's a cat. Heightened senses anyone?

Dont forget reflexes, agility, speed and strength over Cap too. He'd probably rip Cap apart. Lion-O beat Chitara in a race, beat Tygra in smarts, and beat Panthro in strength. Hes also lifted the thunder tank before. Lion-O wins fairly easy.

Arsenal
http://img182.echo.cx/img182/9056/caplio2ek.gif

LordFear
Are we gonna talk about feats here???
That's want you wanna talk about.
strength, speed, agility, leadership and cunning???
My god man everytime the MU is threatened and an away team must be assembled to vanquish a foe, who leads???
Who takes the helm and stratigically began to work his magic??
Who commands respect and whomever you maybe listens and complies to advice and suggestions???
C'mon you think Thor would let himself be lead into battle by any simple mortal???? He is a freaking GOD!!!!He does so because his admiration and respect for Cap is without question. He was asked by his Asguardian friends why would you follow a mortal???He said because this man is like no other he has ever met. Everything about him is just too big to ignore. Cap bottom line is MU version of Bat's and is just too good period!!

LordFear
BTW ARSENAL, awesome pix!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrodslam
MU's version of Bats? I suppose. But Iron Man has the same amount of similarities that Cap does with Bats. I do agree with one thing you said though. Cap is by far the best leader in the MU. Thor isnt the sharpest nail in the box and he's not the battle stratigest as Cap is. Therefore it would be wise of him to listen to Cap. Id consider Superman more of the leader in the DCU than Bats. Bats is like the intellegence gatherer imo.

leonheartmm
People, my good people, have a little sense will ya, lion o will destroy cap with ease, hes not green, he just has a good heart n doent kill his opponents after beatin em, all i gotta say now is, LION O ROCKS! thunder, thunder thunder, thunder cats, hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!{lol, thas the only thing that i dont like about liono}

King Burger
As pointed out before, and as anybody who has seen and
remembers enough of the cartoons would know, Lion-O
does make some mistakes which he learns from. he still
displays some inexperience here and there. Captain
America is much more experienced than him.

I'm pretty sure Lion-O is tronger, and with the sword has
some strong advantages, but is the right circumstances,
Cap wins.

If they just bumped into each other out in the open, then
Lion-O will probably win.

One more point, Cap won't be able to hide from Lion-O
since Lion-O sword can show him where Cap is.

leonheartmm
yea, lion o is da man.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by leonidas
i cannot BELIEVE people are saying lion-o! i liked thunder cats as much as any kid, but cap would waste that guy in a blink. sword won't do a bit of good with cap's shield in the way of it. cap would use his fighting skills to quickly knock the sword from his grasp and then it would be all over. 4 panels max in any decently written book. panel 1 lion-o swings. panel 2 cap ducks. panel 3 cap knocks the sword flying and in the final panel, cap on top of lion-o with his shield at the cat's throat - fight over. c'mon guys, this is CAP! lion-o??? you must be kidding! better question - maybe - could cap wipe out ALL the thunder cats at once? hmmm . . .

I have to disagree with you on this one buddy.
By the end of the series, Lion O was quite a warrior.
He's far stronger, and faster than Captain America.
With the sword, he can fly, create 360 degree forcefields, generate lighting, shoot blasts, etc. He also has some mental powers due to training with Tigra, although rarely ever used.

Cap will put up a decent fight, but it will only take 1 good hit to bring him down. As the Sword of Omens is magical in nature, it's quite possible that it may go through Caps shield.

grey fox
Cap owns Lion-o .....

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by grey fox
Cap owns Lion-o .....

Really? How? Not much to base your Cap on from just what you wrote...

Wally West
There were a series of episodes in Thundercats where Lion-O had to beat his team mates in specific trials. He beat out Panthro in strength, beat Cheetara in a race, out witted Wily Kit and Kat, and out smarted Tygra. Hes more than capable of beating Cap, especially with the sword and gauntlet.

wolverine8888
Originally posted by Wally West
There were a series of episodes in Thundercats where Lion-O had to beat his team mates in specific trials. He beat out Panthro in strength, beat Cheetara in a race, out witted Wily Kit and Kat, and out smarted Tygra. Hes more than capable of beating Cap, especially with the sword and gauntlet.
actauly he enevr beat trygra well not fairly it was out side interferance and it was an agility fighting contest.

Warmonger
Originally posted by Wally West

That proves he is stronger than Cap no argument there.

He didn't Beat Cheetara in a flat out race he took a massive short cut then he passed her when her superspeed ran out. He doesn't have super agility or anything. Infact Captain America could have easily done the same.

He outwitted two 10 year-olds? Wow. yet he can't figure out that the bunny rabiit that talks and sounds just like his arch-enemy is Mumra?

He didn't out with Tygra he only proved that his will was stronger thant Tygras admitiddly weak illusions.

The only advantage he has over Captain America is strenthg. Cap is better in every way and then better in every other way. Wathc some of the Thundercats episodes Lion-O was an incpmetnat fighter, the guys he fought were just bigger morons thatn he. Lion-O couldn't even beat that Samurai that Mumra summoned form earth.

Captain AMerica 8/10.

olympian
"This is Cap. The man has proven his worth. The guy has fought legions of ninjas assassin from the Hand. I am I don't see Cap falling at all. Hightened senses for LionO but also Cap along with fighting skills hand to hand way above level. I mean this is special ops, government assassin killing/fighting machine of a man. LionO just can't counter that."

Lion-o is physically superior to Cap. The only thing you can give Cap is superior figthing skills. Wich Lion also has.

"By the end of the series, Lion O was quite a warrior.
He's far stronger, and faster than Captain America.
With the sword, he can fly, create 360 degree forcefields, generate lighting, shoot blasts, etc. He also has some mental powers due to training with Tigra, although rarely ever used."

Agreed. And people. The cat has a sword that makes him go toe to toe with Mun-Ra, Grune the destroyer, Shadowmaster magic`s. It doesnt just shoot little beams.

"Lion-O couldn't even beat that Samurai that Mumra summoned form earth."

Wich wasent your normal Samurai. Hachiman had a sword almost as powerful as the sword of Omens and a physical bond with it. And quite skilled with it as well.

Warmonger
Uhm what first of al Mumra was joke. Remember when that Dog gladiator came to earth. Mumra ran off after getting his tail kicked, that guy didn't have anyworld shattering powers he just had a few high tech weapons and a lot better fighting ability. Thats the same thing with Lion-O he has a few skills and some good weapons but when it comes to actually beating a skilled opponent Lion-O just can't hack it.

olympian
"Uhm what first of al Mumra was joke. Remember when that Dog gladiator came to earth. Mumra ran off after getting his tail kicked"

Mum-ra in his mummy form was a coward. Thats why he used the other one to fight.

"Thats the same thing with Lion-O he has a few skills and some good weapons but when it comes to actually beating a skilled opponent Lion-O just can't hack it."

Explain then how can he hang out with Grune and Mum-ra in his most powerful form.

Your probably using Lion-o in his rookie years, when he became quite the warrior after. He was a youth that was changed into an adult in a acelerated process.

We arent using rookie cap here either, are we?

Avalonofthewind
Panthro caught a spiked steel mace in his hand and crushed it, Lion O has similar strength. These guys also fall multi stories while landing on their feet effortlessly.
Could Cap do the same?

olympian
Phantro was the coolest. " The strongest living Thundercat" and the smartest too.

Wally West
It always annoyed me than Lion-O managed to beat Panthro in a test of strength (it was to do with pushing a boulder wasn't it? Its ages since I've seen it). Panthro must have thrown the match! stick out tongue

Panthro was the man.

Avalonofthewind
Yea, He was. Smart, strong, and a good fighter.

spetznaz
Originally posted by LordFear
Weid huh??
The leader of the Thundercats against Avenger's team leader.
Place: A thick luscious jungle
Weapons: Lion-O's sword and gauntlet and Cap's shield
Who wins?

1) If it is the cartoon Lion-O then Captain America has a chance. The cartoon Lion-O was a kid who had gone through accelerated growth and been given the mantle of leadership. But he was not totally ready to be a leader.
Thus cap has a good chance to beat this whelp.

2) If it is the COMIC BOOK Lion-O then Captain America gets obliterated! The comic book Lion-O spent YEARS inside the Book of Omens doing nothing else but combat training, learning Thunderian martial arts, learning the full powers of the Sword of Omens, and knowing strategy and combat tactics. When he came out he was totally different from what he was before.
He actually faced the entire planet by himself (after Mum-Ra had taken over it, enslaved all the Thundercats in Lion-O's absence, and filled the planet with mutant soldiers/slavers who were either killing Thundercats or enslaving them). The new Lion-O was a direct match for Mum-Ra, easily.

Anyways, since this is a 'comic book versus' forum I am to assume that the Lion-O to be compared with IS the comic book version.
THUS, the winner (by a huge margin) is Lion-O.

The comic book Lion-o, after he came out of the Book of Omens, would make Captain AMerica into his pet. Steve Rogers would be following Lion-O around on a leash once Lion-O was done with him.

Lion-O (comic book version) with ease.

olympian
Didnt Mum-Ra in that comic book storyline beat Phantho one on one? And people say he isent skilled...

Warmonger
Originally posted by olympian
"Uhm what first of al Mumra was joke. Remember when that Dog gladiator came to earth. Mumra ran off after getting his tail kicked"

Mum-ra in his mummy form was a coward. Thats why he used the other one to fight.

"Thats the same thing with Lion-O he has a few skills and some good weapons but when it comes to actually beating a skilled opponent Lion-O just can't hack it."

Explain then how can he hang out with Grune and Mum-ra in his most powerful form.

Your probably using Lion-o in his rookie years, when he became quite the warrior after. He was a youth that was changed into an adult in a acelerated process.

We arent using rookie cap here either, are we?

He wasn't in his weak old man form, he was in his mumra form. He is just a wuss.

Like I said the guys in thundercats are pretty incompetant. Yet if thes two guys are so powerful wehre does that place the samurai?

He became quite a warrior but really he didn't do anythigng that places him head and shoulders over Captain America.

The sehild can stand up to the sword of Omens, at leas that is my guess the Sowrod hasn't shown anypowers that owuld destroy the sheild. Lion-O doesn't show any enhanced reflexs at least not int he cartoons. So the only thing that he has is his strnetgh.

Lion-O is an idiot and is always getting tricked in a battle and always dropping his sword or whatever pretty mcuh through out the entire series. So I definetly don't see this so called superior skill. I mean when lion-O meets an opponent with a weapon that can stand up to the sword and with some good skill he gets stalemated or beaten. Mumra despite being thousnads of ears old is still kind of an idiot too.

Don't let nostalgia cloud you judgment like I said me and my roomates have been watching the rereleased episodes on DVD. Watch them and you will agree that Lion-O wasn't really that good.

As for the comic book version I ddidn't evne know that they had one.

Ex11B
Lion-O--sword of omens give me sight bey---
(Captian Americas shield)THUNK.

Captain America-bet you sword didnt let you see that.

olympian
"He wasn't in his weak old man form, he was in his mumra form. He is just a wuss"

How did that went? He simply ran off? The other was more powerful? He was getting weaker? He was weaker already? What.

"He became quite a warrior but really he didn't do anythigng that places him head and shoulders over Captain America."

Not at the beginning no. We arent discussing rookie forms.

"Lion-O is an idiot and is always getting tricked in a battle and always dropping his sword or whatever pretty mcuh through out the entire series"

Plot devices then.

"So I definetly don't see this so called superior skill"

Because your using rookie version only.

"Mumra despite being thousnads of ears old is still kind of an idiot too."

He wouldnt be able to conquer the whole planet if he was.

"Don't let nostalgia cloud you judgment like I said me and my roomates have been watching the rereleased episodes on DVD. Watch them and you will agree that Lion-O wasn't really that good"

Not all of them appearantly. He wasent suposse to be good in the beginning since he was -learning- to be a leader.

"As for the comic book version I ddidn't evne know that they had one."

They already had a run in the 80`s and recently got another one by Wildstorm. Thats the version Spetnaz was walking about.

Warmonger
"How did that went? He simply ran off? The other was more powerful? He was getting weaker? He was weaker already? What."
No some guy with a doeberman's head came to the planet and started braggin about beign the best warrior Mumra who detected th ship came to see what was goig on. They fought but the guy was too strnog for Mumra and Mumra ran off then Mumra convincedhim to fight the Lion-O.

"Not at the beginning no. We arent discussing rookie forms."
So what are these high end feats he performed in the show?

"Lion-O is an idiot and is always getting tricked in a battle and always dropping his sword or whatever pretty mcuh through out the entire series"

When is a cigar just a cigar? It only highlights the fact tha Lion-O jsut wasn't very sharp.

"Because your using rookie version only."

Who has he foght and beatne that has definitevly better fightin skills than Cap? LionO was jus the best out of a bad bunch.

"He wouldnt be able to conquer the whole planet if he was."
When did Mumra take over the planet, not to mention that as I pointed ot the Thundercats were retarded.

"Not all of them appearantly. He wasent suposse to be good in the beginning since he was -learning- to be a leader."

And Cap is a better leader he leads people generally more powerful than himself and far more often beats people more powerful than himself. Lion-0 can barely beat people whoa re supposed to be his equals.

long pig
Sorry to whoever he is against. Galactus? Odin? Lion-O wins. All the time. Everytime. ALWAYS! mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.