The Keeper vs. Parallax

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
The Keeper

vs.

Parallax

leonidas
i'm thinking this is an outstanding matchup. keeper somewhere just below galactus level, parallax must be somewhere close to that as well. i'm not sure. the the ring energy scientific? magical? psionic? not sure if the quantum bands could absorb it. in terms of sheer brute power, i'd call it even, but i think keeper has a greater variety of uses for his power. i'll have to take keeps in this one. great matchup though!

Gamma Crush!
Actually, The Keeper is above Galactus.

The Silver Surfer has absorbed Green Lantern's energy when Kyle Rayner projected it at him. I don't doubt the Keeper could do the same.

leonidas
<<Actually, The Keeper is above Galactus.>>

it certainly seems that everyone on this forum thinks so at least. in guardians of the galaxy 25, the keeper beat galactus because as galactus said, he was at his lowest energy level - maybe ever! as a result, keeper had a chance to kill him. later, as galactus's consort, keeper/SS pissed the big guy off by not finding him good enough planets. for his insolence, he was beaten almost to death (GoG 59) by the big guy. keeper himself states he is near galactus level. near, but not there. keeper could only beat a weakened galactus (yah, who can't?) but a strong galactus crushes him.

nonetheless, keeper likely wins a battle with parallax. maybe.

kgkg
you know how kyle absorbed the OA energy right out of Parallax.

Keeper will do the same.

hell!! he will kick the Parallax ass without such tricks.

Kepper = Galactus in more

he is not more powerful than Galactus.

Superherovandal
Keeper will lose to Parallax.

leonidas
<<Keeper will lose to Parallax.>>

how?

Cosmic Cube
What are Parallax's powers, exactly? What's his power source?

kgkg
Oa's energy that's the source of his power.

Superherovandal
Parallax has all of the Green Lantern power. he doesn't need to recharge it. he recreated the universe. it took every one in DC earth to stand up to him. he knows how to use the powers very well.

kgkg
still he is powered by energy.

and remember the Keeper has unlimited power.

Superherovandal
actually it might end in a stalemate as they have the same powers. they can't do anything to the other.

Cosmic Cube
That's all? So he's basically a Green Lantern with all of the Oan Energy.

The Quantum Bands have limitless amounts of energy, and the Keeper knows how to use them. How will Parallax beat him?

Superherovandal
so does Parallax. he doesn't need to recharge anymore. he can use his powers very well. he recreated the universe to his liking.

Cosmic Cube
The Oan Battery has unlimited energy?

Superherovandal
duh. of course it does. what do you think.

kgkg
Originally posted by Superherovandal
so does Parallax. he doesn't need to recharge anymore. he can use his powers very well. he recreated the universe to his liking.
He doesn't need to recharge but he looses energy.

The fact is
all GL = Energy

SS = use to suck energy (like sun , he even sucked Parralax energy in a crossover)

Now add SS at a uber level ...

you get the picture.

what is your reason that parralax wins?

Cosmic Cube
Never quite knew.

Well technically, the Keeper has everything Parallax does, plus more. He still has the Power Cosmic.

Superherovandal
ok but can't gls also absorb energy? so give all the energy to a person who with it is a psychopath and recreated the universe and you got a dead keeper. the keepers been kept.

Superherovandal
can't they also like control the electro magnetic spectrum? can't they do whatever they immagine?

Cosmic Cube
Why does it seem like someone's always destroying/remaking the DC universe? Where is the Presence, or the Spectre during all this?

Superherovandal
I think Parallax beat Speactre.

leonidas
didn't he merge with the spectre somehow? are they still considered one being? and can't the ring also absorb energy? i still say this is an extremely close match.

leonheartmm
parallex is WELL ABOVE the power level of galactus, he can ***** slap the specctor any day,

hal gordon was the 1 that was posessed by the virtually limitless power of parallex, but he used it all up to defeat the sun eaters and to start 0 hour{his doomsday program for the universe}, later hal was given a chance by the voice{god} to redeem himself by becoming the host for the spector which hal accepted, however PARALLEX never merged with the spectar, it was hal who did, hal is only a host for these two powerful beings and actually parallex is out to kill spectar and get a hold of his powers too,

jrodslam
Parallax isnt jus based off of Oan energy. Hes based off of all the fear in the galaxy. Has unlimited power. I dont know anything about the Keeper really. I just wanted to say that.

kgkg
Originally posted by jrodslam
Parallax isnt jus based off of Oan energy. Hes based off of all the fear in the galaxy. Has unlimited power. I dont know anything about the Keeper really. I just wanted to say that.
Kepper is just Silver surfer at his max.

With Q bands just like Gl ring , but to his max. (like how parallax/ion are GL to the max)

Mider
I think Parallax would win.

Synchro
Until I see SS/Keeper destroy and recreate the universe, I will never put him in the same sentence as Parallax. Absorbing energy isnt the be all-end all of anything. Have you guys ever thought of the word "energy overload"? Its not like Keeper can just absorb the power of anyone he wants. I mean if we go by that logic, then he can just absorb the energy of just about every being in the universe, including LT, Eternity, Death etc., right?

Parallax has an extroardinary amount of energy, so immense that it is enough to destroy the universe AND recreate it. Keeper will absorb Parallax's power but it will come to the point that Keeper wont be able to hold all the energy he accumulated and eventually explode. Besides its not like Parallax will just stand there and let the Keeper absorb his energy. Thats stupid.

So Parallax will get this, convincingly.

illadelph12
I'd say the Keeper wins.

Parallax's abilities are all energy based, but based on a specific energy signature (The Oan Battery).

The Keeper has both the Power Cosmic and the power of the Quantam Zone. His cosmic awareness and energy manipulation are the difference in this fight. It wouldn't take much time if any time at all for Keeper to adjust to what Parallax was firing at him and counter. Keeper has a much wider variety of powers at his disposal due to the Power Cosmic being basically unified energy and the Quantam Zone provideing him with even more limitless power.

Also, people keep stretching the story on the Zero Hour storyline. Parallax can't re-create/create the universe under his own power. He manipulated instabilities in the fabric of the DC Universe left behind by the Crisis on Infinite Earths to attempt to re-create the Big Bang, and then sculpt the outcome of that Big Bang in his own image using his Oan powers. He's not capable of independently creating universes/multiverses under his own abilities like Franklin Richards, Lucifer Morningstar, Presence, etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.